Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Is COSCHARIS Culpable? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is COSCHARIS Culpable? (2021 Views)

Coscharis Warehouse On Fire In Lagos / Coscharis Group Is A 'Pure Water' Business - Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) / Kabiru Sokoto’s Escape: ‘i’m Not Culpable’ Says IGP Ringim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by biafranqueen: 2:09am On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2:

Which leads to the second question: are the cars brand new? Where they made in 2013, 2012, or 2008?

Anyway, all these are just speculation. This is why my take is that there should be an open, thorough and transparent investigation which will reveal if anybody is innocent or guilty.

The usual practice is that the president will set up a panel to investigate the issue. The panel's report will then be handed over to the EFCC, which will investigate EVERYBODY and prosecute anybody that's culpable.

That's what happened in the Bode George case.
I am with that mean while let all the records of every Nigerian leaders purchase of vechiles be brought to the public let us really compare and see how rare this really is grin
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by manny4life(m): 3:39am On Oct 26, 2013
Royal Roy:

And how much is the true cost of Obama's car?

The laugh is on you!!!

That's why I'm seriously laughing at both of you if you honestly believe Obama's car is $300,000. Yall should not take for face value what's speculated by gossip blog sites.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2013
otokx:

40 - 50 million profit in a 200 million total contract sum is an unreasonably high profit unless of course the profit is realisable in 10 - 15 years time.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 6:44am On Oct 26, 2013
biafranqueen: do you know how much US government paid Dick Cheney company Haliburton for 1 case of mineral $45.00 NGN 7,000 $100.00 per meal. That is the wickedness all over the world in government contracts I hope when given the chance citizens like yourself will do better.
Yes, I can answer that with all sincerity.
While it is not wrong to make a gain in business, which is why it's called business BTW, I do not subscribe to being used as a ferry to cart away a country's resource at the expense of poor infrastructure which may affect me or my lineage one day.
if only we all learn in Nigeria.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 6:53am On Oct 26, 2013
manny4life:

That's why I'm seriously laughing at both of you if you honestly believe Obama's car is $300,000. Yall should not take for face value what's speculated by gossip blog sites.
Manny, we both know things don't work like you painted it over there. The purchase of such item in U.S must have a strict approval from their senate.
So if the government says it bought their president's car for $300,000 , believe me, it didn't cost a cent more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/presidential-limo-the-beast-used-during-inauguration-2013-1
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by manny4life(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
jeffizy: Manny, we both know things don't work like you painted it over there. The purchase of such item in U.S must have a strict approval from their senate.
So if the government says it bought their president's car for $300,000 , believe me, it didn't cost a cent more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/presidential-limo-the-beast-used-during-inauguration-2013-1

No offense boss, the U.S. classifies everything including cost, so there's no way of knowing this information UNLESS you have clearance and need-to-know basis. Costs can be speculated, but the true cost is UNKNOWN.

According to your article,

At a cost of over $300,000 and enough armor to stop an RPG, the President's ground vehicle is a very resilient ride.

Enough said.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1498393/oduah-shuns-house-committee-hearing

I think it's just fair to follow up on the above topic.
Maduka Cosmas of COSCHARIS appeared at the house and said due process was followed.
Read more from the link here.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Stupid Maduka .

He just expressed himself like an illiterate at the house hearing.

Now he has confessed to defrauding the government of taxes.

He no get sense at all.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
sweet_gala:

Do you think we are dunces here, A reputable US company that equips bullet proof vehicles valued it at no more than 250,000 . The Cadillac beast used by Barack Obama coat just 300,000 .
And that is a car outfitted for emergency nuclear havoc, Compared to a low grade small arms and shrapnel vehicle.

With me giving you two verifiable evidences, and you still relying on gossip about Obama's car. I actually think, it is highly likely based on logic that you are a dunce as you suggested.
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Coscharis Motors which is the
supplier of the armoured cars is also
indicted by the report for not only
lying to the committee but also
misleading the National Security
Adviser (NSA) into believing that the
cars were supplied for the Lagos
State government for Eko 2012
Sports Festival when there was no
such arrangement with Lagos
government.
It also accused Coscharis of conniving
with NCAA officials to inflate the cost
of the armoured cars, even though
the whole transaction was done
contrary to laid down laws.

https://www.nairaland.com/1507961/house-report-demands-oduah-sack
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by jeffizy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
I guess I should edit the topic as appropriate.

Yes or Nay!
Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by Ikengawo: 1:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Cosharis, a man who's mother was widowed and couldn't afford school fees. Now a DOMINATING the nigerians business world. Ndi shire ike ne buru ala e buru. I salute

Re: Is COSCHARIS Culpable? by banki(m): 1:34am On Nov 08, 2013
Its funny that. Any sane mind would even justify the. Purchase of the car in. The first place let's assume. Every. Minister in nigeria is allowed to. Buy 2bmws for 200m each so that's 43* 200m, and minimum. Wage is 18k? And we buy fuel for 96 naira?
Do we. Have a. Coincence?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest News On Abia Seaport/airport Project: / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, - Jonathan / TRUTH ABOUT Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant By Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.