Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

What Is The Alternative To Handshake? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Alternative To Handshake? (17885 Views)

What Is The Alternative Cure For Hepatitis B / Baldness:the Alternative To Rogaine / Any Alternative To Brushing Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by remmyton(f): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
I hav dis habit of washin my hands b4 I eat and to wipe my fone clean wit my handkerchief afta washin my hand

I notice smppl wu clean their hands on dia clothes afta washin it, its stil wrong bc ur clothes r not Clean, it has come in contact wit dusts, so I wil advice d op to wash ur hand afta a handshake n always b4 u put anytin in ur mouth, there r satchet water retailers arnd wia u can buy n wash ur hand wit afta a handshake
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by komek(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
of cause he can. The "Tuale" sign is an alternative. Cos i rarely shake hands. My grandma brought me up that way.

What's Tuale? I guess it shud be what does Agberos do in Lagos, if it is what iam thinking, then ur grandmum must be a street old girl o.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by brainybeau(f): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sanitizers dont act on viruses such as noroviruses as such this is nt totally effective as washing of hands with soap and water. research has shown that the palm harbours an enzyme which degrades microbes easily, unfortunately, frequent washing of hands leads to loss of the enzyme as such makiin one susceptible.
Point is that all things must b done moderately, but the immune system should be developed
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sincity694u: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Just wear gloves (disposable)
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
You guys are here yapping about how disgusting other people's hands are...
Have ever thought of the fact that other people equally think your hands are disgusting

Or do you think they just love to shake hands with you
I have never heard of people being sick from shaking people's hands even in the flu epidemics...

So, stop your narcissistic ranting, be polite and shake people's hands.

P.S. When you go for job interviews, board meetings and other formal occasions, make sure you bend down and give them you back to pat!!!!

RUBBISH!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
The people so much afraid of germs and diesease are the ones that suffers the most sickness
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Akanniade(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Just wash your hands frequently. Though 'chop knuckle' would be a better idea if universally accepted.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by smartg(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
don't u think it's disrespectful to shake an elderly person? What i do is give them my back to pat. I politely tell them "Ah Sir na ur pikin i be oo" and then bend for them to pat my back.

grin grin grin grin cheesy

by the time you bend for them to pat ur back, they will now use catar to rubb on your back. So what's the different?.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by IBnatty(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Vivly: Some guys'll just stop by the roadside, open thier fly, urinate, zip up and then want to shake you. Wetin!
Abegi, make we hear word. Na ur type sabi give BJ 4 restroom.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Burger01(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Simple.... Legshake.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Vivly(f): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
IBnatty:
Abegi, make we hear word. Na ur type sabi give BJ 4 restroom.
Na ur type dey piss for main road without dignity.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
 
( cheesy )

/ \ ,
' ‎​. Tuale baba owo mi meji loke shey ko wale ?

Do smtin like dat
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
RuthBukola: Se nitori e lo se gbaye topo toyi..
dem go soon ban am
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Aspako44(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Exchange of Mr Bone's Kuvuki loud bang on the faces..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
yuzedo: Legshake! angry

You don try am before?
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
obadiah777: i suggest you invest in micheal jackson gloves and wear it 24 7 tongue

Hope you will contribute to 97% of the gloves purchases? LOL!!!!!
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Khalessi: I shook a guy's hand on Friday and he has sweaty palm,words can't describe how disgusted I was.
Omg I just remembered I didn't wash my hands before eating my crab salad
embarassed

Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Jessdarl(f): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
eduson33: Kiss
yea, seconded. Lolz
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by donem: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
No Alternative u must shake, Its very barbaric to say u dont shake hands atall.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
deols: You can shake all hands no biggie..

Just make sure you don't pick your own nose nor put your hands in your mouth or into any other of your body orifices until you have had them washed. That way you won't be transferring germs from any one you shake into yourself.

It means that, when outside, you do not eat with your hands. You use a fork or spoon.

when you get back, the first thing is to use an antiseptic or a normal soap to wash your hands.

You can also have an antiseptic gel in your bag. It kills 99.9% of germs and it does not even require the use of water..You can use it on your hands after every handshake..you may start to look like a freak though.

Nice one!!! Will give it a thought.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by coalcoal1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
I remember one day I was about buying suya. The mallam excused himself, was smoking with one hand, went to urinate, came back without washing his hands and asked for how much suya I wanted.
o boy, I made a quick u turn
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
mustaphagreens: [b][/b]
@op, regurgitate? Díd u seriously feel like regurgitating? I thought d word was meant for only ruminant animals(cud chewers), not until now i never believed humans who chew cud actually existed..hmmmmm

Do your research on words more vastly bro...maybe you will get another word for 'vomit' in a lighter term.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Godson201333(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
of cause he can. The "Tuale" sign is an alternative. Cos i rarely shake hands. My grandma brought me up that way.

when some want to shake you...Just raise up your two Hands saying Tuale!Baba I hail oo!!Hlow ur side nah grin grin
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Positiveminds(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Alternative to handshake: headbutt
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by WizPrince1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
don't u think it's disrespectful to shake an elderly person? What i do is give them my back to pat. I politely tell them "Ah Sir na ur pikin i be oo" and then bend for them to pat my back.
It's not disrespectful when an Old man first of all raises hand to shake you. You'll just bend and place your left hand on the right and then shake him.
Is like you don't really agree with someone. You feels urs is the right one and it's not good bro
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by ChiSun27(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Never knew this topic was on FP.

Wonders shall never end.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by bonetalk(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
wrench:
ur grandma must be the type of my own grandma, she used to warn me to stop having a handshake with people, due to her experience, she says alot of people's destinies has been stolen spiritually through handshaking. But i dont know how to resist handshaking expectially to the strangers....
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by sireric(m): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
lol... Wash ur hands after shaking sm1.
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by babadem2much(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
[quote author=homesteady]

So if I stretch out my hand to you for a handshake, what will you do?

hin go do tualle 4 u nah, he said his grandma thought him. that dude gat agile grand ma
Re: What Is The Alternative To Handshake? by Macuberry(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Simply pick ur nose when someone stretches his hand for a handshake then try shaking him. He'll retract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG / Compulsory Wearing Of Face-Masks In Ondo: Akeredolu Engages Tailors / 20 Benefits Of Walking 30 Minutes Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.