Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier (14977 Views)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by AZeD1(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2013
is there any advantage to having a so called National carrier?
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by chinwe11: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2013
Aero with thier extremely old planes. Mschew
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by NosoChic: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2013
IMO ARIK AIR would have been a better decision o ...
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Ejisz: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2013
http:///16oN9Z8.... That's the link that leads you to a free and easy money making process...very short and simple..all you need is a phone that can surf the net,and an internet connection.. I call it click your way into cash...earn via western union or directly to ur debit card(ATM)..no time to say no time....there is always no harm in trying coz u gat notin to loose
... http:///16oN9Z8.... That's the link that leads you to a free and easy money making process...very short and simple..all you need is a phone that can surf the net,and an internet connection.. I call it click your way into cash...earn via western union or directly to ur debit card(ATM)..no time to say no time....there is always no harm in trying coz u gat notin to loose
http:///16oN9Z8.... That's the link that leads you to a free and easy money making process...very short and simple..all you need is a phone that can surf the net,and an internet connection.. I call it click your way into cash...earn via western union or directly to ur debit card(ATM)..no time to say no time....there is always no harm in trying coz u gat notin to loose
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2013
nickxtra: It is a nice development, but the name should be changed to Aero Nigeria, at least to reflect the Nigerianness in it.

I like your suggestion. It's definitely a better name than the "Nigeria One" that is being bandied about.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Jobig(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2013
Let me write in Arabic.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by israel007: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2013
ogb5:

Why is it disgusting to you.

Aero contractors is one of the oldest local Airlines in Nigeria and obviously with very good safety records.

They were affected by the financial turmoil following the stealing of Oceanic bank from their group and hence amcon had to take part of the airline.

Even with their financial troubles, they were still able to maintain there good safety record.

So once again, why is it disgusting to you.

This a good development.

You mean aero has a good safety record? That's because they haven't crashed. Take off is scary landing is fasting and prayers. I've had 2 near crash incidents on aero so tell me more about their safety.
They should have considered med-view actually
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Jobig(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2013
Let me write in Arabic
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2013
@ Taharqa: I also think it would be a merger of Air Nigeria and Aero.
The new national carrier will purchase new Boeing jets for long haul routes, while Embraer jets would be used for it's short-haul flights.
What isn't clear is whether the present lucrative routes Arik enjoys would be stripped off them. Or would the FG allow Arik to continue to ply the routes?

Anyway, it's good that 2 strong, domestic airlines would emerge in the end. Hopefully, both Arik and "Aero Nigeria" would eventually account for at least, 40% of the international passenger traffic to and fro Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by stagger: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2013
So the Ibrus are back in business. Fresh air indeed.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by stagger: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2013
israel007:

This a good development.

You mean aero has a good safety record? That's because they haven't crashed. Take off is scary landing is fasting and prayers. I've had 2 near crash incidents on aero so tell me more about their safety.

Aeros planes are old, but they do not compromise the biannual sim certification of their pilots and their aircraft undergo regular checks. DO not forget that Aero is one of the official carrier of the United Nations, providing charter services for the global body. The international brand will not permit Aero Nigeria to soil that reputation.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2013
israel007:

This a good development.

Aero has the best and longest safety track record in Nigeria.

If you consider that Aero has been in operation since the mid 50's you will appreciate this record.

Aero was also saliently endorsed and recommended by Western Embassies to their citizens as the safest airline to fly.

I remember when Aero used to provide free Daily Trust Newspapers on board but were compelled to cancel after several complaints from embassy staff who decried their anti-western views and promotion of fanatic islamic views.

The airline was very good.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by willyray(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2013
this can bring nothing but good no??
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by otokx(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Nice move
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by biodunid: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Stella Oduah again? Arik did complain last year that they got into trouble with her when they rebuffed her request to be granted a 10% stake in the airline gratis. Her personal interest would explain why we are treading this tarnished path of National Airline again. AMCON of course is ever ready to help the cause of fraudulent acquisition.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by israel007: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
stagger:

Aeros planes are old, but they do not compromise the biannual sim certification of their pilots and their aircraft undergo regular checks. DO not forget that Aero is one of the official carrier of the United Nations, providing charter services for the global body. The international brand will not permit Aero Nigeria to soil that reputation.

I wish they would upgrade and boost our confidence by acquiring new aircraft.

Magic Bishop:

Aero has the best and longest safety track record in Nigeria.

If you consider that Aero has been in operation since the mid 50's you will appreciate this record.

Aero was also saliently endorsed and recommended by Western Embassies to their citizens as the safest airline to fly.

I remember when Aero used to provide free Daily Trust Newspapers on board but were compelled to cancel after several complaints from embassy staff who decried their anti-western views and promotion of fanatic islamic views.

The airline was very good.

after those experiences I was so scared and hardly ever fly them except on rare occasions.

I take your recommendation of the airline on board.

thanks bro
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by awodman: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
A-ZeD:
is there any advantage to having a so called National carrier?
It will reduce the price of airfares..so travelling by air will no longer be an elitist affair

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by iterator25: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Don't you just love aero #puppyface

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
israel007:

I wish they would upgrade and boost our confidence by acquiring new aircraft.

after those experiences I was so scared and hardly ever fly them except on rare occasions.

I take your recommendation of the airline on board.

thanks bro

Aeros problem started with Arik Air not because Arik was better but because Arik is owned by Odili, OBJ and were able to scam the Aviation Authorities by not paying the appropriate tariffs thereby ensuring an unlevel playing field.

Sanusi, then came with his own wahala out of pure hatred for the Ibru family. Cecilia obviously messed up but what she did was no different from what other bank executives do which is extending loans on discretion. Aero had the market and the assests to repay whatever loan but Sanusi insisted that the pay a lump sum back within a stipulated time frame as against the original agreement. This led to Aero offering Fare discounts as low as 5,000 naira on advanced bookings.

The Airline will surely bounce back.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by iterator25: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by enginexy10(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
this is good ...well i dont see anything disgusting here oooo, all i knw is that aero has good records
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by bibina: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
taharqa: What exactly is disgusting you??

I assume it is disgusting because Aero originates from the south south(Ibru Family)! quite disgusting indeed!! Dont worry very soon ...........
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Aero is not owned by Cecilia Ibru but by the Ibru family who never made a dime from government.

Cecilia Ibru messed up in managing Oceanic and Sanusi used the heavy hammer on Aero because they were extended loans by her.

This led to Aero nearly going under due to liquidity problems

can you tell me one family that didnt make money from this nigerian govt......our system is corrupt enuff ok....so they all made money either by kick backs or straight out corruption cool cool cool wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
from an economic point of view this happens all over the world.....they nationalize the debts and privatize the profits.....when the going is good we dont share from it but when it gets bad we share from it........this is another way the use tax payers money to bail out the rich....the Ibrus have just being bailed out again.....40% equity wow .....until people understand that no policy is designed anywhere in the world to favor the people will dey know how to hold their common wealth.....this may be good to open more air routes but on the long run we pay for it.....what happened to air nigeria.....Jimoh Ibrahim took loans from the Funds the govt provided and puff there goes Air nigeria.....i just wonder when alot of us will be smart enuff to see that all these are porzi schemes to loot our common wealth embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

can you tell me one family that didnt make money from this nigerian govt......our system is corrupt enuff ok....so they all made money either by kick backs or straight out corruption cool cool cool wink wink wink wink wink

Yes the Ibrus.

Ibru family is the only true entrepreneurship dynasty we have in Nigeria.

The Patriarch Micheal Ibru, started in fisheries and shipping and later branched out into real estate, agriculture, brewing and distilleries . The family owns Guardian, Sheraton Lagos and a host of other ventures including Aero.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by lukasbaker(m): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
aboki na wa for u...u high....or u no read d newsu beta go for check up b4 tinz get out of control or b4 everytin around u bcoms disgusting....
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by lukasbaker(m): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
aboki grafikii na wa for u...u high....or u no read d newsu beta go for check up b4 tinz get out of control or b4 everytin around u bcoms disgusting....
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Yes the Ibrus.

Ibru family is the only true entrepreneurship dynasty we have in Nigeria.

The Patriarch Micheal Ibru, started in fisheries and shipping and later branched out into real estate, agriculture, brewing and distilleries . The family owns Guardian, Sheraton Lagos and a host of other ventures including Aero.

you are a dreamer....the line they sold to you is really hooking your throat ......if you dont know i am urohobo too so i know them wella.....you think say na beans to be former Governor and wont get kick backs and use ur connections to pull strings.....even Dangote they lie to you as the cleanest money in Nigeria and africa has in hands in poo......all business men know what i mean.....
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

you are a dreamer....the line they sold to you is really hooking your throat ......if you dont know i am urohobo too so i know them wella.....you think say na beans to be former Governor and wont get kick backs and use ur connections to pull strings.....even Dangote they lie to you as the cleanest money in Nigeria and africa has in hands in poo......all business men know what i mean.....

Which former governor and for which state?

Mr. Fake Urhobo Man abi when Ibru turn Ambrose Ali?
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
And let me ask you if they are the entrepreneurs as you call them....why will they need us to bail dem out ... angry angry angry angry..why will they need tax's payers money for them to stay afloat... angry angry angry angry..if you go broke in your bank do you get a bail out.. tongue tongue tongue tongue...is it because you are not an entrepreneur enough.. tongue tongue tongue tongue..do you understand corruption at all.. cry cry cry cry..Look what is good for the geese is also good for the gender...if we all go broke and can we call the banks or govt to bail us out thats not corruption, but if a family goes broke and they pull their strings and get a bail out then thats corruption.. shocked shocked shocked shocked...well i guess you wont understand me...cos not all have a good financial IQ cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Why not just start up a new airline totally.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by atlwireles: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Aero is not owned by Cecilia Ibru but by the Ibru family who never made a dime from government.

Cecilia Ibru messed up in managing Oceanic and Sanusi used the heavy hammer on Aero because they were extended loans by her.

This led to Aero nearly going under due to liquidity problems

Cecilia Ibru was just destroyed for Oceanic bank. Ibrus come from Old money Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Julius Maada Bio, President Of Sierra Leone (Photos) / COVID-19 Affected My Fight Against Corruption, Insecurity – Buhari / Nigeria Spent N4.7B To Import Umbrellas & Headgear In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.