Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,097 members, 7,863,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71363 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 1:28am On Apr 07, 2009
chiogo:

I don't even know the names of most of these coaches. . .but yeah, I guess the Cavs coach should take it. The team is going real hard this season. Won't be surprised if they take the championship lipsrsealed although I want my celtics to take it. But hey, better Cavs than lakers. angry

why would you hate the lakers, did kobe refuse to take you to the prom? grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 1:42am On Apr 07, 2009
bawomolo:

why would you hate the lakers, did kobe refuse to take you to the prom? grin
eww he's old enough to be my father lmao(ok, I exaggerated a bit) with his bald-ass

I hate him cuz he's flippin' overrated. tongue and lakers is our long-time rival. we just ain't cool, we stay clashing. A true celtic fan gotta hate Lakers and vice-versa.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:46am On Apr 07, 2009
JeSoul:

I dey stroll in every now and then and listen quietly to you experts break it down smiley. It's so hard to follow sports that are not shown on local tv/cable.
   uhmm . . . erhm . . . it could happen every night . . . long as your opponent was always the worst defensive team in the league. Phx is giving up an average of 120pts per game on the road the last 10 or so games  shocked  shocked  shocked  that's when u know you are BAD defensively.

So have you eased up on Jay Kidd?  cheesy  he played very well yesterday.

grin  lol  its better than jail time. How did u convert to man u? and your folks didn't disown you?
Hey ya don't worry if you do need updates best believe i got you  wink

As for PHX well now we know they got the short end of the stick by trading two of their best defenders in Bell and Diaw and even when they had them they where not a marquee defensive team they even tried for pushing Los Mavs this far but we still need to dodge that La Lakers bullet if we want to make any impact in the playoffs

Kidd can be good sometimes the only useless person i want out is that Dampier of a bloodclot Carlisle should use Ryan Hollins as our starting Center he would make more impact with more minutes

Mike Brown is my coach of the year absolutely no questions about it Van Gundy is a close 2nd

bawomolo:

detroit put an end to the bobcat threat, we are safe in the playoffs.  prepare for the upset  cool

Yeah you would be having a stomach upset when your team gets swept in the first round
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 2:23am On Apr 07, 2009
chiogo:

I hate him cuz he's flippin' overrated. tongue and lakers is our long-time rival. we just ain't cool, we stay clashing. A true celtic fan gotta hate Lakers and vice-versa.

he's overrated? gud to hear,
i dnt hate the celts but i need the record for championships won, cos i just love it when we the best and people under continue to make noise

coach of the year should be btw mike brown and van gundy, would have chosen mike brown but he also admitted previously that he needs to learn how to just sit down and allow lebron do his thing

come on cavs we can do it, just one more loss
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 2:33am On Apr 07, 2009
lai-lai:

he's overrated? gud to hear,
i dnt hate the celts but i need the record for championships won, cos i just love it when we the best and people under continue to make noise
Dude, you don't wanna have this conversation, trust me. , . Just so we're clear, the Celtics have the highest # of championships unless you've been watching a different NBA. . Kobe won with Shaq. .having 3 or is it 4 rings means nothing!! Heck, you can warm the bench all yr and still get a ring, so what's up?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:23am On Apr 07, 2009
Spurs fans now is the time to start crying because Ginobili is out for the season undecided undecided grin grin

@lailai
Bynum could be back before this week runs out

Jordan,Stockton and Robinson all entered the HOF today!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 4:38am On Apr 07, 2009
chiogo:

Dude, you don't wanna have this conversation, trust me. , . Just so we're clear, the Celtics have the highest # of championships unless you've been watching a different NBA. . Kobe won with Shaq. .having 3 or is it 4 rings means nothing!! Heck, you can warm the bench all yr and still get a ring, so what's up?

u didnt get my post i think, i said i NEED the record

sori, cant be tempted into an argument wiv a kobe hater, i know its hopeless

@A-40
i hope he gets fit as quickly as possible
thats so sad for spurs just when they were trying to get back on form

MJ, the best ever. . . .i'm starting to think there should be another hall of fame for extremely extra-extra-extraordinary playas, cant imagine jordan in the same group wit some players. . . . .another idea will just be to update the top 50 players of all time list or somefing
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
[Quote]u didnt get my post i think, i said i NEED the record
sori, cant be tempted into an argument wiv a kobe hater, i know its hopeless[/quote]
Wow. . This lai-lai sef. So why did you bother initiating the argument since you're not ready to go the whole mile?. Anyway, Bawomolo's question was why I hated Kobe when I never stated that, all I said was the Cavs are more likely to win if they end up with the lakers. But you know how y'all lakers fans are, once y'all hear the word 'lakers' you associate it with Kobe like he's the only player on that team. .which proves my point that he's overrated!

Well, you guys aren't far from the truth, if I hate the lakers then I obviously hate kobe too. As to your question. .maybe I didn't really get it but like I said, Kobe won with Shaq. Boo-yah!! tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2009
A-40:

Hey ya don't worry if you do need updates best believe i got you  wink

muchos gracias hombre  smiley

As for PHX well now we know they got the short end of the stick by trading two of their best defenders in Bell and Diaw and even when they had them they where not a marquee defensive team

One has to wonder much longer Steve Kerr will last in Phx, he has destroyed that team kpatakpata.

A-40:

Spurs fans now is the time to start crying because Ginobili is out for the season undecided undecided grin grin
  They might as well start making vacation plans. Their hopes were slim before, now they are non-existent.

Bynum could be back before this week runs out
  I happen to think this might be bad for the lakers. Integrating a major player 2 games into the playoffs who hasn't played in months has in the past proven to mess up team chemistry and balance and has sometimes been fatal. We'll see.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
JeSoul:

muchos gracias hombre  smiley
We had a big game today.Quarter finals of the Champions League and we drew with Spanish side Villareal 1-1 on the road so they coming to our ground next week! The winner gets through to the Semi's

JeSoul:

One has to wonder much longer Steve Kerr will last in Phx, he has destroyed that team kpatakpata.
Its been blunder after blunder i tell ya.Suns fans would be very happy to see him go his management skills have been piss poor i would expect better from a 5th grader

JeSoul:

They might as well start making vacation plans. Their hopes were slim before, now they are non-existent
The earlier they admit they have an ageing roster and try to change things the better

JeSoul:

I happen to think this might be bad for the lakers. Integrating a major player 2 games into the playoffs who hasn't played in months has in the past proven to mess up team chemistry and balance and has sometimes been fatal. We'll see.
Try telling that to Phil Jackson he says they lost because they where not big and strong enough he would integrate Bynum by force and by fire
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Ameh2(m): 1:31am On Apr 08, 2009
gat o agree with chiogo, love celtic basketball but we re on top of the table u know, cavaliers for life!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2009
JeSoul:

tanx for the advice but we'll take our chances. . . . .we already tried winning without bynum and u saw what happened

damn, magic lost. . . . i'm really hoping celts and cavs can meet in the semi's

Ameh 2:

gat o agree with chiogo, love celtic basketball but we re on top of the table u know, cavaliers for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like cavs too, lebron's dunks are always sick, i think they need to increase the height of the board cos its like he's always about to crash it off
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2009
Ameh 2:

A Cavs fan . . Lailai there you go smiley

A-40,
I hear Shaq is eyeing your team smiley how do you feel about that?

Moonstone,
I've just about given up on the Hornets. There's no passion or excitement on their part about heading to the postseason. And how long is Posey supposed to be out for?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2009
someone besides moonshinestone thought the hornets were a contender grin

The same team my bulls swept twice in one season wink

The lakers would get homefield advantage through the playoffs. i don't think the cavs can hold on to it
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
JeSoul:

A-40,

Moonstone,
I've just about given up on the Hornets. There's no passion or excitement on their part about heading to the postseason. And how long is Posey supposed to be out for?
Shaq and J. Kidd in the same team? Are they trying to have a senior team in the NBA or what?

As for Hornets, I about to give up myself. I am now throwing my full support behind Cavs. I refuse to let any team be the death of me. Between Man Utd and Hornets, they are competing to give me high blood pressure. I won't allow that. cry

bawomolo:

The lakers would get homefield advantage through the playoffs. i don't think the cavs can hold on to it

Bawo, screw YOU! angry angry angry angry - I hope Orlando Magic KILLS y'all in 4 games. AMEN! angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue tongue

See this jealous child, LOL! Just watch for this season's finals. Just watch. smiley
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2009
Awww, what's wrong with the hornets?

Well, take heart Moonstone, most teams have had their share of downfall this season, guess this is their turn.

But are they going to the playoffs? sorry I haven't been keeping up with my CP3.

Ameh 2:

Ah Ok, I can deal with that. I give it to y'all but hey! watch out for the finals.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2009
Moonstone:

Shaq and J. Kidd in the same team? Are they trying to have a senior team in the NBA or what?

grin LOL . . . only in Dallas would that be possible! lol

bawomolo:

Hush jare. Did you not see what they were able to do last yr with less talent on the roster?

These baby bulls of whom you speak of will soon be joining their fellow under acheiving brethren in Wrigley Field  cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
Hush jare. Did you not see what they were able to do last yr with less talent on the roster?

that's right less talent, now they have a lone legged tyson chandler. They can't even beat the suns. the rockets would put an end to the hornets.

These baby bulls of whom you speak of will soon be joining their fellow under acheiving brethren in Wrigley Field

What part of this year is the cubs year don't ya understand angry

they only have one talented player on their roster grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 3:49am On Apr 10, 2009
I see your bulls flexing all over the place against philly. Hey, I got love for my eastern conference teams. .so it wouldn't be bad if y'all win tonight. .I'm sure you don't wanna meet us in the playoffs. . So yeah, take that 6th seed. wink

And since when did y'all wear green? Na wa oo, all these haters sef who talk shit and then jock our style.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Horus(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnK3owAo70[/flash]

NBA Allstar Game 2009 Top 10
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Ameh2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2009
welcome moonshine, welcome to cavs d best team in the nba, make sure u visit the nba site and vote for lebron as mvp, ok my email id is st.military@yahoo.com, pls reply
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Skywalker5(m): 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2009
Boston @ Cavs ass this sunday. Men, i cant wait
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
Ameh 2:

welcome moonshine, welcome to cavs d best team in the nba, make sure u visit the nba site and vote for lebron as mvp, ok my email id is st.military@yahoo.com, pls reply

moonshinestone is taken grin

And since when did y'all wear green? Na wa oo, all these haters sef who talk shit and then jock our style.

sharrap we have a huge irish community over here. Mayor Daley is of irish decent. You can't beat our st.patrick's day parade.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 12:33am On Apr 11, 2009
@Ameh 2: its gud to finally get the perspectives of a cavs fan, i must admit u guys are overstrong but u'll still get toppled by the lakers i hope

bynum's comeback was like he never left, his combination with gasol destroys all obstacles in the paint. . . .thank God we didnt take "somebody's" advice
cant wait for the playoffs to begin

celts, we need u help if at least just this once, beat the cavs. . . first, we must get our job done

as for hornets, they need to make some defining trades though i am hopin they'll be more competitive come playoffs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
JeSoul:

A Cavs fan . . Lailai there you go smiley

A-40,

Moonstone,
I wouldn't mind Shaq at all infact a 43 year old Dikembe Mutombo would do just fine anybody but Ericka

Sky-walker:

Boston @ Cavs ass this sunday. Men, i cant wait
That would be some game and the Cavs cannot afford to lose it or else Boston would have the belief they can win in Cleveland and giving a champion belief is the worst thing you can do at this stage of the season

We finally got one over the Hornets jeez it was getting embarrassing

[size=4pt]Pele Moonie darling we where trying to avoid the Lakers [/size]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2009
I refuse to comment about the gruesome events that took place yesterday and I suggest everyone else should do the same angry
Ameh 2:

Thank you very much, Ameh. You should post more often. I would be delighted to vote for LeBron as MVP. smiley
chiogo:

Well, take heart Moonstone, most teams have had their share of downfall this season, guess this is their turn.

But are they going to the playoffs? sorry I haven't been keeping up with my CP3.
Chiogo, my dear, is this not enough humiliation already? 5 weeks back they were almost 3rd, now they are struggling to avoid the Lakers.
Could they not have their fall at the beginning? Why is it now when it matters?
They are going to the playoffs, I am not looking forward to that.
bawomolo:

moonshinestone is taken grin
Olofofo. . . he's not looking to take me. He just wants to connect with a fellow fan. cheesy cheesy
lai-lai:

as for hornets, they need to make some defining trades though i am hopin they'll be more competitive come playoffs
I totally agree. I hope they won't be so exhausted during the playoffs.
A-40:

[size=4pt]Pele Moonie darling we where trying to avoid the Lakers [/size]
[size=4pt]Don't worry too much about it sweets, We were the ones being ridiculous. [/size]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:12am On Apr 12, 2009
Moonstone:

[size=4pt]Don't worry too much about it sweets, We were the ones being ridiculous. [/size]
[size=4pt]Lets see how it goes when we play next [/size]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 6:05am On Apr 12, 2009
A-40:

[size=4pt]Lets see how it goes when we play next [/size]
[size=4pt]Yup. . . I can't wait for today. May the better team win (We both know it's Dallas).[/size]

Was it only me that saw how GSW beat Utah Jazz at home? Oh, these playoffs will be very interesting. It might be Lakers vs. Jazz after all. . . hmmm.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2009
The two worst playoff teams in the west are playing today cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2009
bawomolo:

The two worst playoff teams in the west are playing today  cool
I have said this many times and I'll say it again. . . SCREW YOU BAWO! angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue

Now, what is this rubbish ehn? Hornets cannot kill me - I watched the game and how is it that we won 102-92 and CP3  and D. West each had 31 points? Why could they not put that much effort into beating other teams? Stojakovic had one amazing 3-pter like that. At the end of the game, Dallas Mavs refused to shake hands with New Orleans Hornets, A-40, what was that about?  angry angry angry Y'all beefing us now?  angry Posey was amazing as well.

I can't wait for Boston vs. Cleveland. May the better team win.

P.S. I think Ray Allen is one of the hottest NBA players EVER! embarassed embarassed
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2009
[Quote]P.S. I think Ray Allen is one of the hottest NBA players EVER![/quote]
Lolz, Moonstone. .hottest as in physically attractive/sexy or hot on the court? tongue

Boston @ Cleveland . . .who's watching? No comment from me. .for now.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2009
Lmfao. .Mo Williams. .what a clown!! Boy, sit yo ass down.

Seriously, I'm beginning to believe that these Cavs are using jazz. .why is it that Ray-Ray always misses his 3's over there? Na wa oo, I ain't even superstitious but this is off the hook.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (101) (Reply)

Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Vincent Enyeama And Wife / Victor Osimhen's Look After Clashing Head Injury (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.