Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,513 members, 7,861,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71357 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 3:14am On Apr 14, 2009
oh plzzzzzzzzzzz

the same words you said last nite but can't stop wont stop

David Stern should just ship the Rookie of the Year award to Chicago. A HOF player has been born cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 6:06am On Apr 14, 2009
who got a glimpse of lebron's pregame dunks against the pacers. . . . cant wait for his participation in the slam dunk contest

bawomolo:

and come o, abi i'm seeing double. What happened to the Celtics yesterday. I feel bad for Detroit grin
i feel bad for them also

*Toyinrayo:

for you, I'm now a fan grin grin grin

u are thus assigned to the lakers grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
lai-lai:

u are thus assigned to the lakers grin
are they good? cheesy

bawomolo:

the same words you said last nite but can't stop wont stop
ashi embarassed
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Ameh2(m): 1:46am On Apr 15, 2009
who da hell is this guy,

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
. . . its so quiet in here . . . 2 days before the playoffs? shocked smiley

So the draws are all set in stone:

EAST:

Cleveland vs Detroit - I'll say a prayer for Detroit, this is going to be ugly.

Boston vs Chicago - Celtics will probably be without KG for the 1st round but they should win this series.

Atlanta vs Miami - Based solely on the Wade factor, I think Miami might win this one

Orlando vs Philly - I don't see any upset here

WEST:

Lakers vs Utah - Dallas dogded more than just a bullet, I shall also keep Utah in my prayers cheesy

Denver vs New Orleans - Sorry Moonstone, I wish I could pick the Hornets but I don't think they can beat Denver in a 7gamer.

San Antonio vs Dallas - I default to the Spurs but minus Ginobili, I wouldn't be suprised if Dallas beats them

Portland vs Houston - I'm rooting for the young portland studs to do some playoff damage

chiogo:

Hey, where's my buddy, jesoul? I feel lonely in here with all these. . . lipsrsealed uh, just kidding.
I dey o my sister smiley all the naysayers will be put to shame tongue cheesy we can only hope KG is poised for a monster comeback or else lipsrsealed
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2009
JeSoul:

. . . its so quiet in here . . . 2 days before the playoffs? shocked smiley
Girl - I'm quiet for a good reason. . . Let me now say this and say it well. I am rooting for 3 teams. First, the Hornets as usual - they might lose but they are still my team. Second is Cleveland Cavs. I have always loved them to pieces (Mo, Ilgauskas and of course, King James) and third but not last is Portland. I may hate them but I want them to win. They remind me of us last year. cheesy

EAST:

Cleveland vs Detroit - What James and his boys will do to Detroit will leave a scar on the Pistons for life.

Boston vs Chicago - Jesoul and Chi-darling vs. Bawo! For me, if not for anyone else. I want Chicago bulls to be disgraced.

Orlando vs Philadelphia - This will be interesting. . . Orlando is winning this one very well sef.

Atlanta vs Miami - I think Atlanta will win. They are dangerous from time to time and since they have the home court advantage. They have defeated a lot of teams on that court

WEST:

Lakers vs Utah - Utah is going to lose. I don't see any need in having hope for them

Denver vs New Orleans- My tears are many but this is hard. They ended the reg. season in 2-2 and both teams lost one game at home each. I'm thinking if Hornets enter playoff mode, they might pull it off and if not, Denver will take the cake.

San Antonio vs Dallas - Dallas MIGHT win. Only because of no Ginobili and these teams know each other very well. They are long-time rivals.

Portland vs Houston - I want Portland allllllllllllllllllllll the way. Houston has been doing too much terrorizing during the regular season.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2009
Playoff time!!!! this is when the real basketball is played regular season ball is for show grin grin

Now let me break down the playoff brackets real quick with some HD-clear analysis

EAST
Cavaliers vs Pistons - This would probably end 4-1 in favor of Lebron's men this Pistons team is just a total carcass and even if they had A.I i still wouldn't give them a prayer they are just too featherweight to survive this series with the head honcho's of the East and they might as well look on the bright side they don't have to suffer the humiliation of losing their 4th straight Eastern Conference Final

Prediction: 4-1 (Cavs)

Celtics vs Malus Bulls - Now i would hate to make bawo happy here but i see the Bulls picking 2 games in this series they would still lose to the Celts though but they are not going to be swept

Prediction: 4-2 (Celtics)

Magic vs Philadelphia - The Magic really had a poor run-in to the playoffs but i guess they knew they had lost out on 2nd seed as for Philly they would definitely make a series of this but i don't think they can match Orlando on offense Turkoglu,Lewis would run them out of the building with lights out shooting and Dalembert would have it rough with Dwight down the paint

Prediction: 4-1 (Magic)

Hawks - Heat - I think homecourt advantage is definitely what tips this tie in ATL's favor even top teams struggle to beat the Hawks at home and Miami are still rather inexperienced over-reliance on D.Wade is also another mountain the Heat have to climb but its tough seeing them picking a game or two in ATL so i would definitely roll with the Hawks

Prediction: 4-2 (Hawks)

WEST cheesy cheesy Where real basketball happens

Lakers vs Jazz - With the way the Jazz sleep-walked into the playoffs the worst team they could possibly be meeting are the hungry Lakers (i am still thanking my stars my Mavs dodged that bullet cheesy) add that to the fact that Utah cannot win on the road even if they faced a high school ball team it lives little to hope for i just don't see how this would possibly go beyond 5 games maximum 6

Prediction: 4-1 (Lakers)

Denver vs New Orleans - Hmm now this is probably going to be one of the most exciting series CP3 and co. would have major issues coping with Denver's high-octane offense but they tied the regular season series so it just might swing either way the trick for the Hornets is to get other players to assist CP3,Billups and Carmelo would definitely make the Hornets work

Prediction: 4-3 (Either team)

Spurs vs Mavericks grin grin - Now if there where two teams out West i was hoping to meet it was the Blazers or the Spurs, the Blazers because we whooped them all through the regular season and the Spurs because they are geriatric just like us and we would be equally matched to play some Cadillac basketball and they are a bit short-handed without Ginobili although they did whoop us without Ginobili and Parker earlier so there is no room for complacency the key for Los Mavs is to pick game 1 or 2 at San Antonio as for San Antonio you can never write off their playoff efficiency Duncan is always primed for these times so its anybody's series

Prediction: [/b]4-3 (Mavs)

[b]Blazers vs Rockets
- The Rockets would be without T-Mac and i cant even bet on them winning simply because they have thrown homecourt advantage in the past they have won 2-0 on the road and still lost their subsequent home games and ultimately the series and with the way Portland decapitate teams at home its hard to see the Rockets taking the series

Prediction: 4-3 (Blazers)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
with or without KG, we can easily win 2-3 games in the series. The Celtics are beatable especially away from home. The series to watch is the rockets vs portland. The Series in the west would be interesting.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
Moonstone:

Girl - I'm quiet for a good reason. . .
 lol . . . say no more sista  grin

I am rooting for upsets this playoff season cheesy  as long as its doesn't involve beantown

A-40:

Celtics vs Malus Bulls - Now i would hate to make bawo happy here but i see the Bulls picking 2 games in this series they would still lose to the Celts though but they are not going to be swept
Prediction: 4-2 (Celtics)

Solid. While I'd like to see Bawos cows get swept, they'll likely pick up a game or two on the Celtics esp without the #1 player terrorizing would-be drivers/slashers into the lane.

WEST cheesy cheesy Where real basketball happens

My dear update that quote quick quick . . . that may have been true last year but this year the East is beast - look up the record playa  smiley
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
bawomolo:

with or without KG, we can easily win 2-3 games in the series. The Celtics are beatable especially away from home. The series to watch is the rockets vs portland. The Series in the west would be interesting.

. . . walahi see as this yeye boy don get mouth, cos una land ROY? tongue cheesy Words like the highlighted above makes me wonder what they're putting in the air and water in Chicago.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
JeSoul:

I dey o my sister smiley all the naysayers will be put to shame tongue cheesy we can only hope KG is poised for a monster comeback or else lipsrsealed
Welcome back, girl. Yes, we need KG on top of his game.

JeSoul:

My dear update that quote quick quick . . . that may have been true last year but this year the East is beast - look up the record playa  smiley
Took the words right outta my mouth. West for where? I mean I love some western teams but it's still east coast all day!!!

Nice predictions people. . .although I dunno why some are hating on the celtics. . .Anywayz, I am def watching the play-offs. . .spring break next week too!!! Can't get no better. wink
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2009
JeSoul:

Sorry girl, you need to change that. When a conference playoff position is not set in stone till the very last game in that conference, then you know it is much better and much more interesting
The west was entertaining all through. As at 4 weeks ago, Houston was in 3rd position. Dallas was trying to stay in the top 8 and Phoenix was getting closer. You have to admit, our conference is much more interesting. It's always been that way. The Eastern conference has always been not that interesting. Apart from that, if Atlanta (4th in your conference) was in our conference, they would not have made it near the playoff positions. Our conference teams are just way stronger. I wish they could pitch it that way. #1 from yours vs. #1 from ours. I can bet my life on it that there will be more western teams at the end of the day.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
JeSoul:

Solid. While I'd like to see Bawos cows get swept, they'll likely pick up a game or two on the Celtics esp without the #1 player terrorizing would-be drivers/slashers into the lane.

You shall say the truth and the truth shall set you free grin grin we both know the West is where its at i mean look at the playoff matchups and tell me one series you can sleep on? ATL would not have made the playoffs if they where in the West and Phoenix would have been seeded 4th if they where in the East its that hot out there!! too many mediocre teams in the East and that's why your big teams have flattering records
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! It's over, jesoul. KG won't be playing again this season. angry angry cry cry

chei, Moonstone, so this is what you think of us?  embarassed I honestly think the Cavs would sweep the lakers if they meet. They're both the #1's, right?

But anywayz, I'm worried about my celtics right now. . I'm sure Bawo is laughing now. . .No KG. . well, there's still hope. We have Ray-ray and the truth. Eddie too. big baby. Rondo. hmmnn. undecided
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
chiogo:

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! It's over, jesoul. KG won't be playing again this season. angry angry cry cry

chei, Moonstone, so this is what you think of us?  embarassed I honestly think the Cavs would sweep the lakers if they meet. They're both the #1's, right?

But anywayz, I'm worried about my celtics right now. . I'm sure Bawo is laughing now. . .No KG. . well, there's still hope. We have Ray-ray and the truth. Eddie too. big baby. Rondo. hmmnn. undecided
You guys should kiss a repeat championship goodbye cry cry cry

Now K.G's injury has added a twist in the Eastern Conference thing and here is why: If the Magic are able to beat Boston then Orlando would be my favorites for the East i have seen them play Lebron and i think they can beat the Cavs in a playoff series they have a solid record against Lebron and co. and with a bit of luck they just might win it
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
Awww, I'm so sorry about KG cry cry cry but I'm sure Pierce, Rondo and Allen can do an alright job. At least to enough to beat Bulls.

Chiogo

Cleveland Cavs vs LA Lakers?
Boston Celts vs Denver Nuggets?
Orlando Magic vs San Antonio Spurs?
Atlanta Hawks vs Portland TB?
Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets?
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Dallas Mavs?
Chicago Bulls vs. New Orleans Hornets?
Detroit Pistons vs. Utah Jazz?

This will be ridiculous losing from the Eastern side.
P.S. I did not think you guys could win the Championship anywayz. Cavs would not let you if they could.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2009
You damn right i'm laughing.  walahi, D Rose would make Rajon rondo look like an NBDL graduate  grin

Tyrus Thomas should have a few sportcenter highlight dunks against Kendrick perkins  cheesy

We can run our up tempo offense easily now.

well, there's still hope. We have Ray-ray and the truth. Eddie too. big baby. Rondo. hmmnn

what is Ray-ray gonna do?  what ray-ray can do, ben gordon would counter.

Apart from that, if Atlanta (4th in your conference) was in our conference, they would not have made it near the playoff positions

sharrap see who is talking, atlanta has depth. At least they have more than hilton armstrong and james posey on their bench cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
Bawo, I have decided to stop cursing you in English. Leave the girls alone. I hope Celts beat nonsense and shege out your small rookie and his infant friends. angry angry
I blame KG for giving you this extra confidence
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
dream on sister.

The national media would finally realize who the top PG in the eastern conference would be for the next 10 year. We can match up with the Celtics, guard for guard. The series is going at least 6 games. The celtics would have to earn it.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
chiogo:

men let me add to those 'frownies'  angry  angry  angry  looks like all the bad belle and hatorade has finally caught up with us  angry  angry    I can see Orlando and Cleveland thanking their respective babalawos  angry   oh well I hope Pierce can carry us to at least the EC finals.
  however I am currently comforted by the spanking the Indians gave those evil Yanks in their new stadium debut 

Mr & Mrs. A-40,
   smiley I'll be accepting apologies you peeps will be making to the east in the near future - mark dem words.

Moonstone,
  my dear leave Bawo and his delusions  smiley  reality will soon give him a rude awakening. 

Anyways, I hope we see upsets these playoffs . . . where's Doyin who predicted a 2nd rd exit for the Cavs?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
that's true, where has doyin been hiding.

someone tell him he has a sharia court date on his claim that OJ Mayo is better than derrick rose. kpomo head grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 5:06am On Apr 17, 2009
JeSoul:

Mr & Mrs. A-40,
   smiley I'll be accepting apologies you peeps will be making to the east in the near future - mark dem words.

Moonstone,
  my dear leave Bawo and his delusions  smiley  reality will soon give him a rude awakening. 

Anyways, I hope we see upsets these playoffs . . . where's Doyin who predicted a 2nd rd exit for the Cavs?
Mr & Mrs. A-40? Kai. You've given me more names than Mr. A-40 himself cheesy cheesy cheesy Jesoul, you know better now! I don't like it when you're not being true to yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for Bawo, I'll let him be. He and his silly D. Rose. I hope y'all beat them in their house so bad they will be ashamed to show up next season.

These playoffs need to be very unpredictable. I can't wait for Saturday! I'm more excited than most fans themselves.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by FBS: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2009
Moonstone:

Mr & Mrs. A-40? Kai. You've given me more names than Mr. A-40 himself cheesy cheesy cheesy Jesoul, you know better now! I don't like it when you're not being true to yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for Bawo, I'll let him be. He and his silly D. Rose. I hope y'all beat them in their house so bad they will be ashamed to show up next season.

These playoffs need to be very unpredictable. I can't wait for Saturday! I'm more excited than most fans themselves.
you are already a fan. How "fannier" can you be? grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2009
FBS:

you are already a fan. How "fannier" can you be? grin
You'd be surprised. I love the NBA so much more. Less rivalry than your aggressive game of footie cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by FBS: 7:31am On Apr 17, 2009
Moonstone:

You'd be surprised. I love the NBA so much more. Less rivalry than your aggressive game of footie cheesy cheesy
I love and follow the NBA but footie? Thats the king of all sports.
Wonder why you support the reds then? do they play like they are playing BB? grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 8:00am On Apr 17, 2009
FBS:

I love and follow the NBA but footie? Thats the king of all sports.
Wonder why you support the reds then? do they play like they are playing BB? grin
Who do you support in NBA? I love my red devils. Blues just make me queasy. Arses make me sick and Liverpool makes me uneasy. LOL!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by FBS: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2009
Moonstone:

Who do you support in NBA? I love my red devils. Blues just make me queasy. Arses make me sick and Liverpool makes me uneasy. LOL!
confession time: I used to support the Chicago bulls in the days of MJ(I think almost everyone who watch BB did grin)

After he left, LA Lakers are the best team. Even when they aint playing well, the baskets just roll in one way or the other. KB is magic. I still think Shaq should have remained with LA. KB & Shaq-Tag team of the highest order.

PS: Blues make you queasy? oh ye of little nerves.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
FBS:

confession time: I used to support the Chicago bulls in the days of MJ(I think almost everyone who watch BB did grin)

After he left, LA Lakers are the best team. Even when they aint playing well, the baskets just roll in one way or the other. KB is magic. I still think Shaq should have remained with LA. KB & Shaq-Tag team of the highest order.

PS: Blues make you queasy? oh ye of little nerves.
Oh okay - that's better. One Bulls fan is annoying enough for me to handle tongue. I don't need you to join him.

Lakers are good - I have to admit it. But KB and Shaq had too much beef between them. I am happy they have gone their separate ways. There was too much competition among them. Even for the all stars game, I was surprised. Their absence from one another seems to have made a wonderful difference.

As for Blues - y'all make me sick tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
the clowns at ESPN are predicting a Celtics sweep. have they watched the bulls as of late. Useless analysts.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:06am On Apr 18, 2009
cavs vs detroit - cavs for sure, no analysis
celts vs bulls - gats to go for the celts unless bawo puts on his jersey
orlando vs philly - this looks tight for me cos of orlando's recent shaky form but i like the magic so i'll give it to them
atlanta vs miami- i'll give this to the[b] hawks[/b] because they gat better team chemistry which is important at this stage

lakers vs utah - lakers baba
denver vs hornets - this is pretty unpredictable and i'll give it to[b] denver[/b] because of their higher placing
spurs vs mavs - i feel mavs would have stood a better chance at 7th place, i feel the spurs might also just edge this
portland vs rockets - rockets are one of my fav teams and portland have really taught us some lesson so i'm obviously going for the rockets
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2009
call me delusional, call me crazy, call me insane but don't call me a loser  grin

my faith in Derrick rose has paid off.

the referees tried to cheat us but D.rose is on our side.  36 points for the best point guard in the East.

Stephen A smith , Jalen Rose can eat shit and die. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2009
Bawo, shut up joo, YOU are a loser!!
I give it to Derrick Rose, he's good(kinda humble too, I'm beginning to like him) but he still ain't no best.

Can somebody tell me what the hell happened to Ray Allen? Fo real. My brother thinks he has a phobia of guys from UCONN who made championship. Could be true 'cause he just be blanking out whenever we play any team with a player who got drafted from UCONN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (101) (Reply)

Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Vincent Enyeama And Wife / Victor Osimhen's Look After Clashing Head Injury (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.