Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,423 members, 7,850,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71251 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 12:53am On Jun 26, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA, Pistons rejecting someone is hilarious. They're over as far as I'm concerned. Well, AI is.

No offense, I love Dwight Howard and all but we paved the way for them this year to attain a ring and they couldn't. YOU really think we should be scared of them?? seriously. They can come back in 5 years or more when KG and co are retired. wink
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by davidif: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2009
tha fucc, how do you select james harden with the no.3 pick.

some NBA teams have lost it.

Thank you o bawomolo, i can't believe that we selected him, i don't even know who that guy is?

Imagine?? we didn't even select Ricky Rubio or DaJuan Blair. It is clear that we needed help at the point and a big time inside presence. Our point guard, Westbrook was just a rookie last year. If we had brought in Ricky Rubio he would have helped us a lot, instead all we have is Westbrook.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:04am On Jun 27, 2009
davidif:

Thank you o bawomolo, i can't believe that we selected him, i don't even know who that guy is?

Imagine?? we didn't even select Ricky Rubio or DaJuan Blair. It is clear that we needed help at the point and a big time inside presence. Our point guard, Westbrook was just a rookie last year. If we had brought in Ricky Rubio he would have helped us a lot, instead all we have is Westbrook.

word. i guess the thunder think they need a scoring guard.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:52am On Jun 28, 2009
bawomolo:

the problem with trading for redd is that he thinks he is a franchise player.

good luck trying to get nowitzki and redd to share that ball.  redd does little other than score. A much better version of ben gordon if you ask me.
They had better share the ball if they want to win Championships lol.Thats exactly what we need at the Mavs a big time scoring option other than Nowitzki

I'd love to see if Blake Griffin can turn the Clippers around at least in one season i think the Pacers also got a good pick with Hansborough that dude would give efficient offense

Shaq na ashewo now una just dey know that one?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 5:03am On Jun 28, 2009
Look at A-40, where's Moonstone? missed you two wink

This place is now boring now the playoffs is over. . . .Lester Hudson for the Celtics, I heard he's good tongue

And why did the Lakers steal the Nigerian dude? I want a naija dude on my team angry cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2009
@chiogo
Lol she's still under house arrest and she's not coming out till her belly gets bigger. . .syke

NL has been boring since close-season and since there is no sport to talk about i really don't have too much reason to come on NL except for that.Anyways how is you??
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2009
chiogo:

Look at A-40, where's Moonstone? missed you two wink

This place is now boring now the playoffs is over. . . .Lester Hudson for the Celtics, I heard he's good tongue

And why did the Lakers steal the Nigerian dude? I want a naija dude on my team angry cheesy
Hi Dear, sorry I missed your grad. I said a word of prayer for you that day - trust me. Now off to college, I wish you the best sha. Enjoy your summer very well before then.
Where's my dear Jesoul?
I even missed that yeye Bawo. . . I hate it when NBA season is over. It annoys the crap outta me. The draft was quite entertaining. I'm still wrapping my head around a few of them.

I heard about the Naija dude! It's so cool - maybe, just maybe, I can tolerate Lakers a lil' more.
A-40:

@chiogo
Lol she's still under house arrest and she's not coming out till her belly gets bigger. . .syke

NL has been boring since close-season and since there is no sport to talk about i really don't have too much reason to come on NL except for that.Anyways how is you??
House arrest? Is that what you call this? LOL! You're doing a horrible job of making me feel like a prisoner sha cheesy cheesy.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
Moonstone:

House arrest? Is that what you call this? LOL! You're doing a horrible job of making me feel like a prisoner sha cheesy cheesy.

I am just being lenient with you Missy i am a very corrupt C.O and thats why your punishment has been light lol don't worry we would intensify your sentence and labor in ma field you would have no time to even come up for air on NL when i am done cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2009
A-40:

I am just being lenient with you Missy i am a very corrupt C.O and thats why your punishment has been light lol don't worry we would intensify your sentence and labor in ma field you would have no time to even come up for air on NL when i am done cheesy cheesy
LOL! Oh really? You are not serious at all . . . abeg, let me enjoy my air now before you come and intensify my sentence o! smiley smiley smiley Not that i'd mind a more intense sentence though. wink wink

Where's Chiogo now? Can't she see I'm about to be put under a serious case of house arrest? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2009
moonstone - are you still roaming around kuramo beach en grin

football season is about to start though.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
Moonstone:

LOL! Oh really? You are not serious at all . . . abeg, let me enjoy my air now before you come and intensify my sentence o! smiley smiley smiley Not that i'd mind a more intense sentence though. wink wink

Where's Chiogo now? Can't she see I'm about to be put under a serious case of house arrest? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Be my guest!! The clock starts ticking now!! by this time tomorrow you would be sharing showers with your C.O in solitary confinement cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2009
bawomolo:

moonstone - are you still roaming around kuramo beach en  grin

football season is about to start though.  
I am still hanging out with your cousins at Kuramo beach o! They asked me to send their greetings grin
I can't wait for footie season. . . Yay! smiley smiley smiley

A-40:

Be my guest!! The clock starts ticking now!! by this time tomorrow you would be sharing showers with your C.O in solitary confinement cheesy cheesy
LMAO! You're crazy. Don't start corrupting my NBA peeps o! cheesy cheesy cheesy Wash your mouth with soap quick quick.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2009
Moonstone:

I am still hanging out with your cousins at Kuramo beach o! They asked me to send their greetings grin
I can't wait for footie season. . . Yay! smiley smiley smiley
LMAO! You're crazy. Don't start corrupting my NBA peeps o! cheesy cheesy cheesy Wash your mouth with soap quick quick.
Ok as you wish babe i won't

The Magic mean business ooh finally Vince Carter joins a contender in the Magic but the problem is Turkoglu wants to opt out and become a free.Its all about the Benjamins baby tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2009
A-40 and Moonstone - get a room  cheesy  . . . oh my bad you're already in one  grin

Moonstone:

Where's my dear Jesoul?
My sister I dey o jare  kiss  busy with work but about to go on vacation  cool Hows the homeland treating you? hope you've been having a blast and not getting too dark with all that sunshine  smiley
Yeah NFL season will soon be up and running and we'll return to the regularly scheduled yabbing and smack talking  smiley

Magic will need more than just Vince carter. Their offensive 'strategy' was simply to shoot their opponents out of the building, they need more than just more offense.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
they have pretty good defenders in howard and pietrus. they would miss gortat though.

the celtics should be worried
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2009
bawomolo:

they have pretty good defenders in howard and pietrus. they would miss gortat though.
And how did they fare against the Lakers? tongue and even the Celtics. Had they not shot that ridiculous 3pt % in game 7 they would not have gotten past us.

Yeah we're seriously worried alright . . . about the color combinations of the road jersey for next season . . . trying to decide if the gold & black is nicer than the green cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 12:49am On Jun 30, 2009
JeSoul:

A-40 and Moonstone - get a room  cheesy  . . . oh my bad you're already in one  grin
My sister I dey o jare  kiss  busy with work but about to go on vacation  cool Hows the homeland treating you? hope you've been having a blast and not getting too dark with all that sunshine  smiley
Yeah NFL season will soon be up and running and we'll return to the regularly scheduled yabbing and smack talking  smiley

Magic will need more than just Vince carter. Their offensive 'strategy' was simply to shoot their opponents out of the building, they need more than just more offense.
You are right oh my sister we are working on a 9 month project lol

If the Magic are losing Gortat and Turkoglu at the same time then Carter would definitely not suffice

bawomolo:

I wonder what the Mavs front desk are waiting for
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 12:59am On Jun 30, 2009
JeSoul:

LOL! You're crazy. I was just messing around with dear A.
I missed you too o! kiss That's why I was asking. I am trying to have fun here and all that. I can't get tried of naija at all and funny enough, i'm darker in America. . . Yes oooo! Smack talking and all that.

@ A-40, why don't you just spill our entire secret stash on NL? You might as well tell them about upcoming nuptials and all. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:51am On Jun 30, 2009
jesoul - you forgot about finding decent old people's homes for ray ray and KG grin

poor yao mind. that body couldn't handle the stress
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
Moonstone:

LOL! You're crazy. I was just messing around with dear A.
I missed you too o! kiss That's why I was asking. I am trying to have fun here and all that. I can't get tried of naija at all and funny enough, i'm darker in America. . . Yes oooo! Smack talking and all that.

@ A-40, why don't you just spill our entire secret stash on NL? You might as well tell them about upcoming nuptials and all. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ok Ma i solemnly swear to change ma approach and become a little more discreet this time wink wink

That Rockets franchise is cursed how would they ever win a ring if they can't get Yao and T-Mac fit at the same time?? Artest must be having a heart attack right now and last time i checked i think he was a free agent
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
A-40:

Ok Ma i solemnly swear to change ma approach and become a little more discreet this time wink wink

That Rockets franchise is cursed how would they ever win a ring if they can't get Yao and T-Mac fit at the same time?? Artest must be having a heart attack right now and last time i checked i think he was a free agent
Thank you sir. . . you better keep it on the DL before Jesoul kicks us out of here. wink cheesy

As for Yao - I feel bad for the dude. They are even hoping that he might be back at the end of next season and they speculate it could be much longer than that. The guy is not young enough to survive a season sitting out. . . he needs to work hard. T-Mac's contract will expire soon and with health being a problem - I feel horribly bad for him. . . his worth is about to go down DRASTICALLY without Yao to help him . . . that is if he can play b-ball himself.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
Poor Yao. That body was a freak of nature, it was bound to break down on him sometime. I do hope he comes back and lasts longer than the docs predict . . . I like that chinese dude.

bawomolo:

jesoul - you forgot about finding decent old people's homes for ray ray and KG grin
We'll be doing so in a few years time cheesy. Until then they still got 1 or 2 more championship runs in them.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
Moonstone:

Thank you sir. . . you better keep it on the DL before Jesoul kicks us out of here. wink cheesy
    lol . . . . thanks for sparing us the details  cheesy with dis una 9-month project lipsrsealed make my eyes see no evil and my ears hear no evil cool

As for Yao - I feel bad for the dude. They are even hoping that he might be back at the end of next season and they speculate it could be much longer than that. The guy is not young enough to survive a season sitting out. . . he needs to work hard. T-Mac's contract will expire soon and with health being a problem - I feel horribly bad for him. . . his worth is about to go down DRASTICALLY without Yao to help him . . . that is if he can play b-ball himself.
The shelf life on TMac is already expired. I don't see him making any meaningful impact to help any contender to the promised land.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . . thanks for sparing us the details  cheesy with dis una 9-month project lipsrsealed make my eyes see no evil and my ears hear no evil cool
The shelf life on TMac is already expired. I don't see him making any meaningful impact to help any contender to the promised land.
Ah ahn! How would you call such an amazing beauty evil? shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin

TMac is expired ke? I hope he won't be so easily discarded as he has made quite an impact in the past. Who knows - he might be more useful in his older, more fragile age. LOL!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
Moonstone:

Ah ahn! How would you call such an amazing beauty evil? shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin
My bad sister, I retract smiley kiss I no wan spoil further. The other day bunch of friends & I were having bible study on campus and 2 lovebirds forgot to close their window/curtains on the first floor shocked shocked in full view from our lounge area. We had front seats to shocked lipsrsealed lol

TMac is expired ke? I hope he won't be so easily discarded as he has made quite an impact in the past. Who knows - he might be more useful in his older, more fragile age. LOL!
Yes oh. I think he's done as an 'impact player' in the NBA. He can certainly help another team . . . cheerleading from the bench cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by Moonstone(f): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2009
JeSoul:

My bad sister, I retract smiley kiss I no wan spoil further. The other day bunch of friends & I were having bible study on campus and 2 lovebirds forgot to close their window/curtains on the first floor shocked shocked in full view from our lounge area. We had front seats to shocked lipsrsealed lol
Yes oh. I think he's done as an 'impact player' in the NBA. He can certainly help another team . . . cheerleading from the bench cheesy
CHEI! JESOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk true o! You timed your bible study to suit that particular event, shey? Whichever way, I hope it was easy enough to keep those images in a private section of your brain o! LOL! Talk about free show.

TMac is no longer the hinge of Rockets as it used to be back in the day. Now he's totally optional to Rockets. They even had better stats without him on the court. I think that's when Star players begin to know that they are stomping on thin ice. When a team can do way better without you on the court.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2009
Moonstone:

CHEI! JESOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk true o! You timed your bible study to suit that particular event, shey? Whichever way, I hope it was easy enough to keep those images in a private section of your brain o! LOL! Talk about free show.
Free show for which I no ask for ticket  cheesy gurl I tell you, it was hilarious, thank God the guy was uhm . . . erhm quick . . .  smiley needless to say the bible study was ruined  cheesy I think we started talkin about sex/morals after that  grin

TMac is no longer the hinge of Rockets as it used to be back in the day. Now he's totally optional to Rockets. They even had better stats without him on the court. I think that's when Star players begin to know that they are stomping on thin ice. When a team can do way better without you on the court.
  Gbam. It's like the Rockets exploded into relevancy when McGrady hit the bench. I wonder how he felt watching his team do so much better without hindrance from him. Too bad for all his injuries . . . I almost feel sorry for him except that he's such a lazy athlete  angry both he and Vince Carter. They wasted all the talent God blessed them with.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
t-mac can still be a super sub ala jerry stackhouse (remember him?)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
bawomolo:

t-mac can still be a super sub ala jerry stackhouse (remember him?)
I am a Mavs fan of course i remember Stackhouse

Moonstone:

Thank you sir. . . you better keep it on the DL before Jesoul kicks us out of here.  wink cheesy

Say no more Mami ma word is ma bond  smiley

He is about 7-5 about 300 pounds plus definitely all them post moves and grabbing rebounds would take a toll on his ankles  and feet

JeSoul:

My bad sister, I retract  smiley  kiss  I no wan spoil further. The other day bunch of friends & I were having bible study on campus and 2 lovebirds forgot to close their window/curtains on the first floor  shocked  shocked  in full view from our lounge area. We had front seats to  shocked lipsrsealed  lol
  Yes oh. I think he's done as an 'impact player' in the NBA. He can certainly help another team . . . cheerleading from the bench  cheesy
Hmm so you saw all that action for a free.99

Anyways i think T-Mac can be a scorer off the bench since he does little else besides that i wouldn't mind him balling for Los Mavs
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2009
A-40:

@chiogo

Yeah, I know. I'm good-good. Getting ready for college and tryna enjoy the summer.
I like this una loff - you and Moonstone. where's Rondo sef?  tongue smiley

Moonstone:

Right here!! I just got back to Boston from my college's 2-day orientation, what a trip!! LOL. Thanks for the wishes, hope you're enjoying naija. Haha, I wish I was there.

bawomolo:

jesoul - you forgot about finding decent old people's homes for ray ray and KG  grin
LMFAO!!! 32 and 33 is "old people"??, Bawo is probably older than KG  cheesy

@JeSoul, how are ya?? Amherst is something else, I tell ya. LOL @ your bible study story. Lord help me with these freaks  lipsrsealed when I move in.

Oops, I forgot this is an NBA thread, well I haven't been updated in a while - no TV or internet since sunday. will be back later. lol
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2009
what's freaky about amherst nerds grin.

the celtics just did leon powe dirty.

the lakers took care of ronny turiaf, why can'ts the celtics do the same.

shameless people.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 12:17am On Jul 02, 2009
bawomolo:

what's freaky about amherst nerds grin.
LMFAO!!! It's a party school duh!! Nerds?? I don't know about that.

what happened to Leon Powe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (101) (Reply)

Kobe Bryant: The Life Of NBA Icon In Pictures / Sadio Mane Commissions Hospital In His Senegal Hometown (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Goal Celebration Vs Torino Sparks Brawl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.