Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Am I Being Overly-jealous? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Overly-jealous? (1735 Views)

Will A Girl Get Overly Attached To The Guy That Deflowered Her? / Curvy Women Overly Rated? / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Overly-jealous? by natalya: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
[b]My beau has this behaviour i don't seem to like. There are these two girls who keep calling him and it is really getting on my nerves. Sometime ago one of these ladies was looking for accomodation here in abuja(according to his story sha), and she kept on calling him. He keeps telling me that here is nothing between him and these girls, but i just can't help but feel bad anytime they call. Atimes, he doesn't pick their calls(when i'm with him, anyway).

Some months ago, we were together in his place and we were having one of our personal times together. i was already in the mood and the temperature was rising when his phone rang at the wrongest of times. When i checked his phone and saw that it was the other girl, i just lost interest in whatever we were doing. No matter how hard he tried, i just couldn't get back to the mood.

Yesterday, we were in my house and we were talking. His phone rang again, and when i saw the look on his face and i noticed he didn't pick up the call, i knew it was one of them. I got angry and told him so. He then told me that he had known these two ladies ever since he was in part 2 in the university and when they were in PDS. Also that when they heard he was in Abuja(one was posted as a corper and the other one came on IT), they had always been calling, telling him to come see him, blah, blah, etc. He also said that he doesn't know why it was when he was always with me that they'll remember they have to call him. I had heard that story from him before and I wasn't happy at all, but i just had to believe what he said.

I don't know, but am i being foolish? am i being over-protective? am i just being jealous? i know he loves me so much and i also love him with all my heart, but i don't like this idea of these two girls around. I've tried hard to believe in all he says, but atimes there are some things that are just too glaring. I don't want to assume that he is secretly dating these girls behind me, but i don't feel secure. Please nairalanders what can i do cry?[/b]
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2008
I dont think you are IMO

It's like people arent even creative in their lies anymore. Reading his explanations made me roll my eyes. Usual stale lines.

If you wanna be rational, start withdrawing from him. Dont go cray but dont hang around him as much. If he cares he'll be bothered by your actions and will wanna know what's up nad point blank you tell him to tell you the truth cos the pit of your stomach is telling you otherwise

Wanna be irrational, lol call those girls up youself and ask them their relationship with the dude or have some other guy do it, whatever and see what they have to say. Also ask if he ever mentioned having a gf.

wish you luck on whichever you pick
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by natalya: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
Forgive me, but what is IMO?
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
IMO= In my opinion
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by spikedcylinder: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2008
IMO= In My Opinion.

I dont think you are being over protective but you should realise that he will do whatever he wants to do irrespective of your protectiveness. sad sad
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2008
offtopic yes but I like your hairstyle spiked. smiley
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Pataki: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Poster,

Fight for what is yours, if you truly know he is your MAN. However, always be mindful to have your antenna always switched on to know when a MAN no longer has an interest in you.

He may be worth fighting for, and he may just be another useless bag that should be recycled off.

In all, I wish you the best.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Busybody2(f): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

I don't think you are IMO

It's like people arent even creative in their lies anymore. Reading his explanations made me roll my eyes. Usual stale lines.

If you want to be rational, start withdrawing from him. Dont go cray but don't hang around him as much. If he cares he'll be bothered by your actions and will want to know what's up nad point blank you tell him to tell you the truth because the pit of your stomach is telling you otherwise

Wanna be irrational, lol call those girls up youself and ask them their relationship with the dude or have some other guy do it, whatever and see what they have to say. Also ask if he ever mentioned having a girlfriend.

wish you luck on whichever you pick

You took the words right outta my mouth with the irrational part, but rational?, hmmn don't know the meaning of the word, need to go and look it up in the dictionary cool

@ Poster

Follow your instincts, they hardly ever lead you astray.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by natalya: 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
He is my man. I don't feel he is a "useless bag" like you said. He treats me like a woman, takes me out, buys gifts for me, calls me anytime he is free. i just don't like the idea of another woman in his life.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by onyinye2(f): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
oh wow that is alot to think about. me personally i would tell him to invite these "friends" of his over. and let any of their trifling ideas to subside when they see how much we love each other. im drawing some inspiration from this story, seems like another rendition of "The Confessions of a Love Slave pt.2"
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Sisikill: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2008
If this was me, I honestly won't do anything until I have reason to. From my experience, once you start getting on a guy's case when he hasn't done anything, it makes it easier to do it. He thinks "Oh well, she already thinks I'm doing it anyway."

I say, cool your heels and strike should the iron get hot.

PS
Please, please never, ever, ever call the girls. It's is just lipsrsealed

Your business is with your guy and your guy alone.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
Sisikill:

I say, cool your heels and strike should the iron get hot.

and when is that usually?

and lol, like i said calling is for irrational grin
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by spikedcylinder: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

offtopic yes but I like your hairstyle spiked. smiley

Awww, TOH, Thank you!
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Sisikill: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2008
TOH:

and when is that usually?

and lol, like i said calling is for irrational grin

Seriously, you will know. When women say they didn't know about their husband/boyfriend's cheating, I just roll my eyes. This is the man I've laid with (i'm being biblical here. . . lol) , slept with, drank with, breathe, inhaled his scent, know every mole, scar, scratch on his body do I sound psychotic? grin and I won't know when something changes? Nah, not even.

I don't care if he is Brando, Pacino, Deniro all one rolled in his acting skills. . . a woman can still tell, except she wants to bury her head in the sand or she wasn't paying attention.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
Sisikill:

Seriously, you will know. When women say they didn't know about their husband/boyfriend's cheating, I just roll my eyes. This is the man I've laid with (i'm being biblical here. . . lol) , slept with, drank with, breathe, inhaled his scent, know every mole, scar, scratch on his body [sup]do I sound psychotic? grin

lol, it usually takes a year or so before you know THAT much. what about those who've only bee in it for like 5-6 months.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by francessby(f): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
It happens that normal human being has to jealous over something it's a normal thing but it depends on how you reacted over it, or haven't you heard that even our God is a jealous God
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by micklplus(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ poster,
Really, it could be that, he isnt having anything to do with those two girls and thats a great possibility ! i have girls that are very close to me and would call me anytime to ask for anything !!!! thats not to say, i will be so "randy" to want to start messing around ! Your guy should be careful espcially with that fact that, falling for temptation in such situation is very LIKELY !!! At the same time, i would rather u chill a lil bit and dont act " to drive" him to want to do what he wudnt have thought of doing.

Since, u have talked about the girls with him, wud u all want to have a dinner together or something?? its sure wud work wonders especially when they find out how good you guys are in love with one another. Also, have a dinner together could be a revelation to lot of things ! If he says NO ! then, TAKE it THAT SOMETHING IS FISHING !!!

I wish u the very best of luck.
Cheers
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
micklplus:

Since, u have talked about the girls with him, would u all want to have a dinner together or something?? its sure would work wonders especially when they find out how good you guys are in love with one another. Also, have a dinner together could be a revelation to lot of things ! If he says NO ! then, TAKE it THAT SOMETHING IS FISHING !!!

Good idea. Consider this suggestion, natalya
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Bossman(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
If the calls are that consistent, there is a good chance there is something between them. Especially if he can not hold a conversation with her in your presence. They may just be close friends, however a lot of close friends find themselves in unexpected and unplanned situations. It's simple, tell him you do not want them calling him period! Or ask him how he would like it if guys are calling you all the time. To hell with coincidence!
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by micklplus(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
Bossman:

If the calls are that consistent, there is a good chance there is something between them. Especially if he can not hold a conversation with her in your presence. To hell with coincidence!

Seconded.
Cheers
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by ima1(f): 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2008
@poster

i say ask him to set up a meeting with both girls so they can realize he has a woman and therefore stop calling him. and you might need to get off his case about these women calling him, for a while to see how things turn out. if his phone rings in your presence, ask him to answer it, the way he behaves will let you know if he is actually cheating or not. you just need to make it known to him that if he is cheating you both are done. just never show your man you are jealous, might be good sometimes but it could show that you are insecure.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Busta(f): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2008
As the saying goes. . . .3 is company.

u are not over reacting. . . then again, it seems u are very soft spoken.
if he really respects u and loves u like u claim . . tell him up front that u don't like the idea of these 2 girls constantly calling him.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Gamine(f): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2008
Girls Girls Girls!

wetin man go do o!
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by DisGuy: 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2008
I don't want to assume that he is secretly dating these girls behind me, but i don't feel secure. Please nairalanders what can i do Cry?

why don't you pick up the phone?
have you ever asked him why he doesn't pick the phone since there's nothing going on?
You can all meet up then go for a meal
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by nalijah07(f): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
Just tell him that it makes you uncomfortable and suspicious when he does not answer his phone in your presence. Let him know that it is okay to take calls from other women, and then casually listen to his part of the conversation to decipher what is being said on the other side.

If he begins speaking in "codes" then you will know that something is up.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by natalya: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
It's not that he doesn't pick the calls. Even though he denies it, most of his calls are from ladies, but these two particular ladies call him very frequently. Maybe i'm just being jealous. I must confess, he has really pampered me ever since we started dating, and since then(it's about a year and a half now, we met on camp) he has been calling me everyday. Maybe that idea of him talking to another lady on phone is making me unreasonably envious.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by TOH(f): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2008
natalya:

It's not that he doesn't pick the calls. Even though he denies it, most of his calls are from ladies, but these two particular ladies call him very frequently. Maybe i'm just being jealous. I must confess, he has really pampered me ever since we started dating, and since then(it's about a year and a half now, we met on camp) he has been calling me everyday. Maybe that idea of him talking to another lady on phone is making me unreasonably envious.

If you still feel uneasy like others have mentioned, have him invite all of you to dinner so you can gauge for yourself, what's going on
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Chat2MeBac(f): 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Poster,
I don't think you are jealous, rather I commend your alertness.  Men are such low-lives, that they will come up with the most absurd and ridiculous excuses to cover their asses.  Just follow your intuition, if your gut feeling tells you he is lying, then forget everything that he says and go with that feeling.  All the best!!
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by girlsoswit(f): 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ poster I really feel ur pain and fears.  Love is turning in2 smething else and everything seems to really begin to turn upsidedown. Today problem, 2morrow wahala. All i want u to knw is tough times dnt last bt tough people do. Try 2 give ur guy a benefit of doubt. Its either positive or negative. Also try to behave as if u r nt bothered. Dat way u get mre info abt it. Dnt get aggresive or harsh on him, or else he will see u as a desperado. Just try to be cool and begin to show an extraordinary care n luv 4 him. Start to do things dat will mke him long 4 u and get ur attention at all times. I wish u best of luck girl4rnd. Dnt allow those girls to snd ur relationship down d drain. they dnt deserve it at all.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
maybe you are overly jealous maybe your not.
one advice for you is consider what he is telling you as the truth, you shouldnt make him throw away his friendship with the ladies just cause he is in a relationship with you. Personally, i think your best option would be to develop some sort of relationship with the ladies, kick it together, go shopping, girl night out, them female things. They want him to visit them - fine - tag along, he should introduce you as more than a friend,
Art of war: keep friends close and enemies closer.
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Art of war: keep friends close and enemies closer.
FOR REALZ O!
Re: Am I Being Overly-jealous? by vitti(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2008
Toh, i dnt understand u oh, hw can u suspect ur guy of cheatin on u with 2girls at d same time,
that means he will be doin like a three-some constantly or wat, have u forgotten dat he knew dis girls b4 he met u?
so becos de call him when u're there,therefore he shud cut all links with them, think about it, if it were u that had a friend that u've been close to and ur guy gets all jealous and says u shud stop acceptin his calls, hw wud u feel?
babe cut d dude some slack and give him d benefit of the doubt or else u mite end up drivin him 2 dat hot-fuckin three-some grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Scent Of The Woman You Love Never Leaves You / Will You Stay With A Partner Who Cannot Make Babies / What Can You Not Forgive Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.