Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital (10863 Views)

PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / Mimiko Absent As South-west Governors Converge In Ibadan / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:
is dis hw d yerobas wnt to run their oduduwa republic wen nig finally breaks wit ondo already clamourin to exist sw.very soon lagos wil go to togo or benin republic.kwara has already gone to d north..i dey in swahili gringrin
wit osun state n oyo wit their high no of muslims in d sw,it may also merge wit maiduguri n yobe shocked shocked
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:
imo wil exist sE n join oduduwa republic abi
Why not? Is imo not an Apc state. Since the OP'S logic of labour vs Acn analysis sound sane to you
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by cKaiser: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Edo would exit South South

Rivers would exit South south

Imo wuld exit SouthEast

All PDP state would exit their region and join the North
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tawa89(f): 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
Dede1 and PointB this is clearly a yoruba issue, it doesnt concern you. They want to scatter the thread by bringing igbos as usual, dont take their bait.

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
cKaiser: Edo would exit South South

Imo wuld exit SouthEast

God bless you
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tawa89(f): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
cKaiser: Edo would exit South South

Imo wuld exit SouthEast

ok we have heard. This thread is about Ondo unfortunately
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
grafikii:
Why not? Is imo not an Apc state. Since the OP'S logic of labour vs Acn analysis sound sane to you
party might cause division in sw bt it cn neva cause division in d SE.more over,rochas is jst a desperate politician who wil do anytin to achieve his political ambitions
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
what is needed is a clear plan and mission statement for the region. (Note: this doesnt necessarily involve everybody singing kumbaya and drinking palmy until nobody even remembers why they gathered in the first place. Goals can be worked on without sentimental derailing).

for example, we need a healthcare headquarters which imo can be in osun. Build world class medical facilities (or at least standard ones) and make it a center of medical tourism, with a reputation for excellence.

business headquarters clearly will be in lagos and ogun states.

manufacturing, etc can be distributed across the region. With maybe a concentration in oyo state.

education of course is a priority, but the govt schools need urgent rehabilitation and the design and infrastructure needs to be upgraded.

i think ekiti has an edge in education though (high number of professors), maybe IT etc could be their forte.

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Let me help this op, you see in the case of a break up and an o'dua nation is formed, the first thing that would be done (I believe) is to build a high speed train network within the major cities, once that is done there won't be any need for this jittery, sebi cheesy
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Pukkah: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
django1: Lol! Op, please tell us where in akure is the oil? Tell us where in akure is the cocoa?

Akure has been feeding on other cities and villages as well, everything you just highlighted against lagos and ibadan also affects akure too.

In addition to this, the beauty of talking together is that people have the freedom to belong to wherever they want. There's no force or coercion.

The study of development has shown that it is not all countries rich in natural resources that are developed. Also, it is not all developed countries that are rich in natural resources. Landlocked countries can be developed and access to the ocean does not guarantee development.

The good thing about this thread is that people are ready to voice out their fears and emotions. And if push comes to shove, the South West really has nothing to fear because it has the landmass. Oyo state (27,460 sq km) alone is just slightly smaller than the total (33,664 sq km) of Abia (5,420 sq km), Enugu (12,440 sq km), Imo (5,430 sq km), Ebonyi (5,530 sq km) and Anambra (4,884 sq km). Add Oyo to Osun (10,245 sq km) and you get 37,705 sq km.

There is no part of Nigeria that doesn't have the resources and the people (especially the South) to develop. And even for those who don't have the people, they can always bring in outsiders.

This thread is a good development. I prefer a small, developed country with happy people to a big for nothing, under-developed country with miserable and hate-filled people cool

5 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:
party might cause division in sw bt it cn neva cause division in d SE.more over,rochas is jst a desperate politician who wil do anytin to achieve his political ambitions
I forgot is so United that abia had to fire imo workers in their civil service
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pukkah:

In addition to this, the beauty of talking together is that people have the freedom to belong to wherever they want. There's no force or coercion.

The study of development has shown that it is not all countries rich in natural resources that are developed. Also, it is not all developed countries that are rich in natural resources. Landlocked countries can be developed and access to the ocean does not guarantee development.

The good thing about this thread is tha people are ready to voice out their fears and emotions. And if push comes to shove, the South West really has nothing to fear because it has the landmass. Oyo state (27,460 sq km) alone is just slightly smaller than the total (33,664 sq km) of Abia (5,420 sq km), Enugu (12,440 sq km), Imo (5,430 sq km), Ebonyi (5,530 sq km) and Anambra (4,884 sq km). Add Oyo to Osun (10,245 sq km) and you get 37,705 sq km.

There is no part of Nigeria that doesn't have the resources and the people (especially the South) to develop. And even for those who don't have the people, they can always bring in outsiders.

This thread is a good development. I prefer a small, developed country with happy people to a big for nothing, under-developed country. cool

[b]
Pukkah:

The good thing about this thread is tha people are ready to voice out their fears and emotions. And if push comes to shove, the South West really has nothing to fear because it has the landmass. Oyo state (27,460 sq km) alone is just slightly smaller than the total (33,664 sq km) of Abia (5,420 sq km), Enugu (12,440 sq km), Imo (5,430 sq km), Ebonyi (5,530 sq km) and Anambra (4,884 sq km). Add Oyo to Osun (10,245 sq km) and you get 37,705 sq km.

This thread is a good development. I prefer a small, developed country with happy people to a big for nothing, under-developed country. cool

[/b]
Pukkah:

seconded!!!

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
I seriously doubt if imo would like to be part of a landlocked nation
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by warlei(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
PointB:

Bros, you may laugh. But this is not time for foolishness. Ondo State want want to be sure that parasitism of Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo is not practiced in the new republic. Kindly stick to the topic or open another thread for your peculiar fantasy.

When companies produce in ogun state and have their head quaters in lagos.. Do u call it parasitism..
Talking of cocoa, so only ondo produce cocoa.
The universities and the rest that were built all over were there discriminations in admission...
I swear u dont have a point.
Im an ikare akoko indigene and i knw what am saying.. Cos my father was beneficiary of free education at u.i...

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
and yes, train network is needed for the region.

nigeria has to catch up with the rest of the world, bionic men will soon replace regular armies.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Pukkah: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Leave them. The wise know that what the OP is saying could happen in any part of the country or in any of the present geo-political regions. Nigeria as an entity is what is covering the fault lines. This is why some people believe Nigeria should not be allowed to break up because as soon as it happens, there may be several other break ups (even if some of them would later merge).

tawa89: Dede1 and PointB this is clearly a yoruba issue, it doesnt concern you. They want to scatter the thread by bringing igbos as usual, dont take their bait.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Femolacaster(m): 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
@op, that is your own view which doesn't represent the general views of ondo/ekiti. Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. There might be divisions along politics i.e APC/LP, but not the way you put it.
I could see some ignorant folks who know nothing about ondo/ekiti and SW in general are happy with your write-up because they are always anti-yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
grafikii: I seriously doubt if imo would like to be part of a landlocked nation
u shud be more worried abt ondo who ar threatenin to join d ijaws
kwara n kogi dt has already joined d north
osun n oyo bcuz of their muslim populations might join borno n yobe
lagos dt wil soon annexed wit togo or benin..
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by DerideGull(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
I am not surprised to read there is undercurrent thoughts that Ondo State may opt out of Republic of Oodua. While I sojourned in Lagos, there was unexplainable rapport that existed between chaps from Ondo State and their counterparts from southeastern Nigeria. During the period, it is very hard to see any Igbo boy dating a Yoruba girl. However when they do, it turned out the girl was from Akure or Owo.

Due to personal curiosity, I went to work on this unexplainable engagement. It did not take long to arrive to the bottom of it. The same unusual rapport existed between Ijebu-ode chaps and Igbo chaps.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by ChristyG(f): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
op,
since when did u become the spokeperson for ondo state?
u do know dat d recently held nc meeting was held in akure wich was mostly attended by ondo state indegines and none of the rubbish u wrote came up.?i ave never had someone from ondo state who shhares dis stupid beliefs unless u are one of those fools from across the naija cos dey are already airing deir stupid comments.
FYI :deir is cocoa in other sw states not only ondo.

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Pukkah: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
warlei:
When companies produce in ogun state and have their head quaters in lagos.. Do u call it parasitism..
Talking of cocoa, so only ondo produce cocoa.
The universities and the rest that were built all over were there discriminations in admission...
I swear u dont have a point.
Im an ikare akoko indigene and i knw what am saying.. Cos my father was beneficiary of free education at u.i...

You even bothered to explain to them. I didn't bother. I simply went for the worst case scenario.

The people you're talking to are paranoid about anything Yoruba, forgetting that their own problem is worse and more far-reaching. There's no point going into details.

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:
Why should i be worried who goes where, i only sited the imo example because of its high probability. Btw i also think Ebonyi will do better in another as nobody likes to be landlocked.
Btw the recent cries over deportation show ibos are really scared of their region.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by DerideGull(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
tawa89: Dede1 and PointB this is clearly a yoruba issue, it doesnt concern you. They want to scatter the thread by bringing igbos as usual, dont take their bait.

Republic of Igbo land is very unique and culturally fundamental as the moon. By the way, forums, baring none, are a public domains.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Pukkah: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:

Honestly, I tried to look for reason in every line of your post.

Alas, no matter how hard I tried, I didn't see any.

Were you just joking or serious?

If you were joking, you should be shown the way to the Jokes Section.
If you were serious, you need help and not condemnation.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
DerideGull: I am not surprised to read there is undercurrent thoughts that Ondo State may opt out of Republic of Oodua. While I sojourn in Lagos, there was unexplainable rapport that existed between chaps from Ondo State and their counterparts from southeastern Nigeria. During the period, it is very hard to see any Igbo boy dating a Yoruba girl. However when they do, it turned out the girl was from Akure or Owo.

Due to personal curiosity, I went to work on this unexplainable engagement. It did not take long to arrive to the bottom of it. The same unusual rapport existed between Ijebu-ode chaps and Igbo chaps.
Dede pls don't tell this is another attaché by force, what has ondo got to do with the South East?

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
DerideGull: I am not surprised to read there is undercurrent thoughts that Ondo State may opt out of Republic of Oodua. While I sojourned in Lagos, there was unexplainable rapport that existed between chaps from Ondo State and their counterparts from southeastern Nigeria. During the period, it is very hard to see any Igbo boy dating a Yoruba girl. However when they do, it turned out the girl was from Akure or Owo.

igbos marry ijebus more than any other yoruba subgroup.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Christy G: op,
since when did u become the spokeperson for ondo state?
u do know dat d recently held nc meeting was held in akure wich was mostly attended by ondo state indegines and none of the rubbish u wrote came up.?i ave never had someone from ondo state who shhares dis stupid beliefs unless u are one of those fools from across the naija cos dey are already airing deir stupid comments.
FYI :deir is cocoa in other sw states not only ondo.

wbb
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Pukkah: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
DerideGull:

Republic of Igbo land is very unique and culturally fundamental as the moon.

Every patriotic citizen of anywhere believes that his own land is unique and special. It's normal. What is abnormal is hating another person's land or rejoicing about the misfortune of another land or wishing evil upon another land.

DerideGull:

By the way, forums, baring none, are a public domains.

What does this mean please?
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Midastouch1: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Who ever wrote this piece of garbage must be hallucinating.

Ondo State will exit the SW? grin grin grin

You better go and concentrate on the Ndukas, Emekas and Akaegos who insist they are not ibo

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by slimfit1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Just create jobs for us I don't care.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by ikeyman00(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
@@@

i always know lagos is next lipsrsealed

the burble is breaking up gradually than expected cool

op keep it up

u will not walk alone
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

i always know lagos is next lipsrsealed

the burble is breaking up gradually than expected cool
Very true, igbos in lagos will rather move into the Atlantic ocean than return to the east

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Postpones Convention Till 2018 / What Do We Do With These Igbos ? Just Look At GTB Boycott / Reformed Avengers Endorse Buhari, Denounce Atiku's ‘peoples Demonizing Party’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.