Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Questions For Atheists!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists!!! (10708 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by frank317: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

This is where the problem lies. Many people have said different contradictory things about what God is telling us. Just to name a few

Ellen G white- seventh day Adventist

Joseph Smith- Church of Jesus christ of latter day saints.

Mohammed- Islam

Early founders of the church - Christianity.

So you see, the only way to know which one God is really saying is to use our brains which he gave us. Unfortunately, when you use your brain, you discover they are all false.

Good, I just used my brain and just discovered that all u have been saying is all false
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Good, I just used my brain and just discovered that all u have been saying is all false

Lol, you have been noticed. Wasn't that your aim? Everyone has now noticed you.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by frank317: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Sorry guy, really thought I was quoting the rapture ready dude(don't know what he is waiting for since he is ready, he should fly away already). I was ready to shoot him on the leg cos I thought he quoted that. My bad.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by frank317: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

What you say initially is unfortunately true. It is after the bolded part that I beg to differ.

What I mean is you can also read the bible YOURSELF and find out what God is saying!

Nice advice... I read the bible, the funny thing was that, I didn't feel it was God talking. It didn't sound possible that the creator of the world wrote all that cut and join crap
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Nice advice... I read the bible, the funny thing was that, I didn't feel it was God talking. It didn't sound possible that the creator of the world wrote all that cut and join crap
Maybe because he didn't write it.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Sorry guy, really thought I was quoting the rapture ready dude(don't know what he is waiting for since he is ready, he should fly away already). I was ready to shoot him on the leg cos I thought he quoted that. My bad.

Hey bro, no P. I was wondering myself what was happening.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ooman(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03: Imagine you telling me that

a) A construction had a maker
b) Human beings have a maker
c) Everything has a maker

only to contradict yourself
d) God has no maker

and this thread is destroyed.....

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:
Maybe because he didn't write it.

Lol. But we r told he inspired them to write it. Isnt that the same as writing it? Or he was perhaps blind and didnt notice those dudes were writing out of the inspiration he gave them.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol. But we r told he inspired them to write it. Isnt that the same as writing it? Or he was perhaps blind and didnt notice those dudes were writing out of the inspiration he gave them.
*smiles*

He didn't write it all the same. Just checking to see if you were paying attention to what you were typing. You are quick on the trigger cowboy. wink
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:
*smiles*

He didn't write it all the same. Just checking to see if you were paying attention to what you were typing. You are quick on the trigger cowboy. wink

lol, I think its its safe to say he wrote it THROUGH them
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, I think its its safe to say he wrote it THROUGH them
Lolz

Ok. I'll give you that one. tongue
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
texanomaly:
Lolz

Ok. I'll give you that one. tongue

lol, you have to
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, you have to
Well actually I don't, but I will. This time.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by kambo(m): 2:00am On Oct 24, 2013

d) God has no maker

lame wisdom really.
There has to b a point where the recursion ends.
If God had a maker, His maker would hav a maker who wud hav a maker ...
Thy'd be to busy producing descendant Gods to have time to do anything else!
U hav a planet and life - proof of God's holy work. We're waiting for science to create life (noy clone one) from non life. E.g a bunch of rocks, elemental gases and an explosion (recreate d big bang in a lab for d world to see).
Som1 said if u want to tell a Lie, tell d biggest you can think of.
Well, the devil sold the world d most stu.pid cra.p he cud think off and they bought it. Cuz inside they jus dnt want 2 hav anything to do with God.!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by peterphd(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2013
^^
Please get off the internet. You are to stupid to understand science and life.why don't you believe the yoruba creation story but want us to believe the Jewish one brought to us by slave traders?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2013
peterphd: ^^
Please get off the internet. You are to stupid to understand science and life.why don't you believe the yoruba creation story but want us to believe the Jewish one brought to us by slave traders?

U r lying. Scientist and Life itself dont claim thr is no God, Atheist did.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Youngsage: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2013
Questions for atheists!!!

-Christians gave us Christmas

-Muslims gave us Sallah

-Atheists which one have you given us na?

Oya logic and co, over to you
lool

grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Youngsage: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Sori peeps,

My real life came intruding into my e-life. undecided

Back now.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by frank317: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Youngsage: Questions for atheists!!!

-Christians gave us Christmas

-Muslims gave us Sallah

-Atheists which one have you given us na?

Oya logic and co, over to you
lool

grin grin grin

with or without religion, there will always be cause for celebration.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2013
Hmm.. Rapture Ready you know how to handle this people o.. More grace to you, and may God work through you to bring many of them to the Light.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2013
rationalmind:

Of course I've read the bible for several years. I even have a personal one I read when I'm bored just to laugh.

N.O.T. C.O.O.L. Man. So sad. sad

If you've been reading the bible all these years with unbelief, how do you expect it to make any meaning to you?

If you read ANY book, with your mind preconditioned to disbelieve it, do you think it will make any kind of meaning to you?

rationalmind: You however miss the point. The reply you gave me is akin to me saying you should read the quran yourself, or read the book or mormon yourself so you can find out what God is saying

Well those other people, who wrote/inspired other religions that claim access to God - NONE OF THEM RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD! NOT EVEN PURPORTEDLY! grin

While their founders (mohammed, buhda, et all) are dead and gone (I mean their followers don't even bother to claim they are even alive), Jesus died, rose again, and is still alive! (Cue oga troll asking me for proof grin )

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Ranchhoddas: really,u dey read bible so? A donkey had to speak and saul heard his voice.

I humbly beg to differ.

Before a donkey spake to balaam, God had spoken to first, he went back to God to try to change his mind, God answered him angrily, he still went ahead to try to disobey God, and God now sent an angel to destroy him on the road.
The donkey saw the angel and tried to run, balaam started to wipe the poor thing and force him on the path towards the angel.
God being merciful, opened the mouth of the donkey to talk. It was NOT the first time God spake to balaam. Balaam already knew God.

Saul being a judaist, already knew and was worshipping God via the law of Moses. When God made a new covenant by Jesus, he had trouble believing, and started persecuting the followers of Jesus. It was JESUS who appeared unto him.

Ranchhoddas: don't you think more people will believe if such signs that the bible claims are evident today?

Nah, they will look for rational explanations for it. Maybe the great light was just a supergiant star exploding in a supernova somewhere in the cosmos, maybe the donkey speaking is just mutation/natural evolution. You get my drift? wink

When you've chosen not to believe something, because you cannot live with what it means, and have conditioned your mind so, your mind will keep seeking for alternative explanations, no matter what "signs".

There is even a fancy english word for it - DENIAL! grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Mr Troll: what if there is no there?

how then can I deliver my slap?

My dear, easy na.

Must there be a slap? Two of them even?

Can't you be satisfied with just knowing? Having all those questions answered? grin
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 11:01am On Oct 24, 2013
frank3.16:

rationalmind:

frank3.16:

rationalmind:

Hey bro, no P. I was wondering myself what was happening.

ROTFL grin grin grin

See how confused God has made my enemies confused.

What was happening?

@frank3.16 be nice and don't throw stones in a marketplace.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2013
frank3.16:

Sorry guy, really thought I was quoting the rapture ready dude( don't know what he is waiting for since he is ready, he should fly away already ). I was ready to shoot him on the leg cos I thought he quoted that. My bad.

I waiting for JESUS! cool
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
rapture_ready:

My dear, easy na.

Must there be a slap? Two of them even?

Can't you be satisfied with just knowing? Having all those questions answered? grin
You are too dull to get my point. I don tire for una.

The point is, i don't believe in your afterlife crap because there's no evidence for it. Telling me to wait till i die to find out is simply fraud because there's no way for me to expose your fraud then, hence the slap.

Seriously, i'm tired of you guys. . . Zero intelligence in your posts, no original thought. Boring. . . Boring. . . Boring.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mr Troll: You are too dull to get my point. I don tire for una.

The point is, i don't believe in your afterlife crap because there's no evidence for it. Telling me to wait till i die to find out is simply fraud because there's no way for me to expose your fraud then, hence the slap.

Seriously, i'm tired of you guys. . . Zero intelligence in your posts, no original thought. Boring. . . Boring. . . Boring.

OK.

For some perspective, do you agree with scientists on the theory of dark energy, dark matter?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by davidhume1: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
rapture_ready:

N.O.T. C.O.O.L. Man. So sad. sad

If you've been reading the bible all these years with unbelief, how do you expect it to make any meaning to you?

If you read ANY book, with your mind preconditioned to disbelieve it, do you think it will make any kind of meaning to you?

Well those other people, who wrote/inspired other religions that claim access to God - NONE OF THEM RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD! NOT EVEN PURPORTEDLY! grin

While their founders (mohammed, buhda, et all) are dead and gone (I mean their followers don't even bother to claim they are even alive), Jesus died, rose again, and is still alive! (Cue oga troll asking me for proof grin )

When my geography teacher told us that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, i was filled with UNBELIEF!
Until he proved it using the change in seasons.

So u CAN read a book with disbelief at first and be convinced of its truth value after.

That's the difference between science and the fairytale u call the bible!!!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
david_hume:

When my geography teacher told us that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, i was filled with UNBELIEF!
Until he proved it using the change in seasons.

So u CAN read a book with disbelief at first and be convinced of its truth value after.

That's the difference between science and the fairytale u call the bible!!!

Ur understanding of such geography definately took some days for clarity, hence it cost ur ignorance for those days. D way u r going now i hop ur ignorance and disbeliev on d truth wont cost u eternity.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

Ur understanding of such geography definately took some days for clarity, hence it cost ur ignorance for those days. D way u r going now i hop ur ignorance and disbeliev on d truth wont cost u eternity.

Couldn't have put it better.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2013

d) God has no maker

God has no beginning 'cos He made time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / Young Christian Vs. Young Atheist: Who Is Really Mentally Weak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.