Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Questions For Atheists!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists!!! (10707 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by peterphd(m): 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

U r lying. Scientist and Life itself dont claim thr is no God, Atheist did.

Tell me how life has said there is a god. Unless you produce evidence for God, atheists have the right to dismiss your claims.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by davidhume1: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

Ur understanding of such geography definately took some days for clarity, hence it cost ur ignorance for those days. D way u r going now i hop ur ignorance and disbeliev on d truth wont cost u eternity.

Actually, it only took minutes because i had a good teacher... grin
And thanks to such geography classes, i was able to discover how ignorant christians are to believe this:

12 On the day theLordgave the Amoritesover to Israel, Joshua said to theLordin the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[b]its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stoppedin the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when theLordlistened to a human being. Surely theLordwas fightingfor Israel!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

Actually, it only took minutes because i had a good teacher... grin
And thanks to such geography classes, i was able to discover how ignorant christians are to believe this:

12 On the day theLordgave the Amoritesover to Israel, Joshua said to theLordin the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on[b]its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stoppedin the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when theLordlistened to a human being. Surely theLordwas fightingfor Israel!

Dt mit take minutes, but ds has taken some ppl a life time, dont b lik dt, its d most foolish tin dt can happen to a man.

If u can b honest wit ur self u will kno dt havin a good teacher is not all needed to understand such. Ur corporation wit d teacher and attitude to learn from him (trust) gav u edge over others.

in d other case, ds ur present attitude towards knowing a creator is constrained by lack of trust in finding Him.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2013
peterphd:

Tell me how life has said there is a god. Unless you produce evidence for God, atheists have the right to dismiss your claims.

I m not in a position to prove God to u, i ve seen ppl b4 who cant actually see tins clearly even wen placed closely to thr sight.
U r not dismissing my claim, u r only makin a claim for urself, actually, a religion 4urself.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

I m not in a position to prove God to u, i ve seen ppl b4 who cant actually see tins clearly even wen placed closely to thr sight.
U r not dismissing my claim, u r only makin a claim for urself, actually, a religion 4urself.

You're not in a position to prove God, I quite agree. If you could prove God, there'd be no God. wink
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Femmymata2(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2013
If there is a Creator (GOD), it should be able to see,hear and talk. I doubt if any of the GODS can do that without the help of those who believe in it. I hear they say JESUS is alive, WHERE?. if he ever exist then he is ever dead. OR is he still in israel, anyone that is not living on on Earth has ceased to exist. Pls
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by davidhume1: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

Dt mit take minutes, but ds has taken some ppl a life time, dont b lik dt, its d most foolish tin dt can happen to a man.

If u can b honest wit ur self u will kno dt havin a good teacher is not all needed to understand such. Ur corporation wit d teacher and attitude to learn from him (trust) gav u edge over others.

in d other case, ds ur present attitude towards knowing a creator is constrained by lack of trust in finding Him.

It's not compulsory to have TRUST in the teacher, as long as the EVIDENCE is solid and u have the brain to look at things objectively.

That's the problem with you guys, always appealing to authority!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Femmymata2: If there is a Creator (GOD), it should be able to see,hear and talk. I doubt if any of the GODS can do that without the help of those who believe in it.

Actually, God does talk to people. He just isn't big on showing up just to prove to you he exists.

For example, if you refuse to believe Obama exists, because you've never seen him personally, or he has never spoken to you personally, is the onus on you to go to the US/white house to confirm, or is it his job to fly down to nigeria, and your house to prove himself to you?

We are talking of a greater being than Obama - the ultimate creator. Come to him first believing. In due time he will reveal himself to you.

Femmymata2: I hear they say JESUS is alive, WHERE?. if he ever exist then he is ever dead. OR is he still in israel, anyone that is not living on on Earth has ceased to exist. Pls

In heaven.

Or do you seriously believe the earth/physical realm is all their is?

Even scientists are scouring the skies looking for other civilisations out there, and they ain't even sure if their is only one universe!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

It's not compulsory to have TRUST in the teacher, as long as the EVIDENCE is solid and u have the brain to look at things objectively.

That's the problem with you guys, always appealing to authority!

Here's to hoping that you do understand that scientific "evidence" is a function of the scientific tools and techniques available at the time to reach a conclusion.
Evidence evolves over time as better tools & methods evolve to study the same subject matter. Oftentimes it is recognized as having been wrong and totally debunked!

Science has undergone revolutions time and time again. Even in your darling geography, remember when we were first told that their were nine planets in our solar system? grin
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by peterphd(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2013
ajayikayod:

You can't prove god and you guys go about blaring shi.t on loudspeakers? Talk about hocus-pocus.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

Here's to hoping that you do understand that scientific "evidence" is a function of the scientific tools and techniques available at the time to reach a conclusion.
Evidence evolves over time as better tools & methods evolve to study the same subject matter. Oftentimes it is recognized as having been wrong and totally debunked!

Science has undergone revolutions time and time again. Even in your darling geography, remember when we were first told that their were nine planets in our solar system? grin

Religion eg christianity never admits that it is wrong
Science does.

Funny how empty science beats christianity in humility
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by davidhume1: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Religion eg christianity never admits that it is wrong
Science does.

Funny how empty science beats christianity in humility

Well said bro.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

OK.

For some perspective, do you agree with scientists on the theory of dark energy, dark matter?
How is this related to the topic at hand?

For what its worth, they actually have indirect evidence for its existence only that they do not know of its properties for now. More is unknown than known and there is no acceptable theory for now on what it is, more evidence is being sought after. So whats your point?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

N.O.T. C.O.O.L. Man. So sad. sad

If you've been reading the bible all these years with unbelief, how do you expect it to make any meaning to you?

If you read ANY book, with your mind preconditioned to disbelieve it, do you think it will make any kind of meaning to you?

Well those other people, who wrote/inspired other religions that claim access to God - NONE OF THEM RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD! NOT EVEN PURPORTEDLY! grin

While their founders (mohammed, buhda, et all) are dead and gone (I mean their followers don't even bother to claim they are even alive), Jesus died, rose again, and is still alive! (Cue oga troll asking me for proof grin )

And just how do you expect the quran or the book of mormon to make sense to you reading it with unbelief?

Weather you read a book with unbelief or not, if what is in the book is convincing, you find yourself believing it. If you pick up a book on gravity and read with unbelief, you and I know the unbelief will change to belief by the time you finish reading.

Lol, you mean none of them CLAIMED ACCESS to God?
There is something I like about you. What you lack in knowledge, you make up with bravado. Read about the miraj. Google is your friend.

Yea, none of them resurrected from the dead. But who did? Who resurrected from the dead? Please back up your answer with CREDIBLE EVIDENCE.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

ROTFL grin grin grin

See how confused God has made my enemies confused.

What was happening?

@frank3.16 be nice and don't throw stones in a marketplace.

Wtf!!! God is here making your enemies confused while scientists keep labouring in the lab looking for a cure for HIV. Couldn't your God simply tell them the cure?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
david_hume:

When my geography teacher told us that the earth revolves around the sun and not the other way around, i was filled with UNBELIEF!
Until he proved it using the change in seasons.

So u CAN read a book with disbelief at first and be convinced of its truth value after.

That's the difference between science and the fairytale u call the bible!!!

As easy and comprehensive this is, I don't expect them to understand what you just wrote
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
aManFromMars:

You're not in a position to prove God, I quite agree. If you could prove God, there'd be no God. wink

This is where I just don't get it. Why can't we all just believe what we want to believe? Atheist think I'm deluded for believing in a God I can't prove exist. Its true OK. I CAN'T prove conclusively to you that there is a God. I believe there is. If that makes me delusional, so be it. I'm okay with that. If you will only be satisfied with physical evidence, I can't help you. Sorry. I just want you to be able to believe what you want, and for me to be afforded the same courtesy.

I don't understand why, when an Atheist thread is created, the Christians pounce, and the same in reverse, when Christians create one. Both sides know that the other will not cave. Its simply not productive. For some of the Atheists here, una just like to argue. As for the Christian, the same goes for some of you.

Frankly I'm disappointed in some of the so called rational talk here. Now let me address my fellow Christians. For those who are here with a true Christ-like concern for your brothers and sisters. I commend your efforts. Unfotunatly it is not wanted. I don't know where in the Scripture it is that talks about not arguing or forcing others, but it is there I know. Sadly the Atheist could probably tell me, smiley wink but I digress. As for the 'so called Christians' who sling insults and use defamatory remarks to get their point across, shame on you for giving Christians a bad name. Those same shameful people will turn around and wounder why their comments are not taken seriously. undecided

Anyway, that's my rant.

@ Skeeter
Sorry I quoted you to say all this. You just gave me the opening. So I changed in. Love ya! smiley
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly:

This is where I just don't get it. Why can't we all just believe what we want to believe? Atheist think I'm deluded for believing in a God I can't prove exist. Its true OK. I CAN'T prove conclusively to you that there is a God. I believe there is. If that makes me delusional, so be it. I'm okay with that. If you will only be satisfied with physical evidence, I can't help you. Sorry. I just want you to be able to believe what you want, and for me to be afforded the same courtesy.

I don't understand why, when an Atheist thread is created, the Christians pounce, and the same in reverse, when Christians create one. [size=18pt]Both sides know that the other will not cave. Its simply not productive.[/size] For some of the Atheists here, una just like to argue. As for the Christian, the same goes for some of you.

Frankly I'm disappointed in some of the so called rational talk here. Now let me address my fellow Christians. For those who are here with a true Christ-like concern for your brothers and sisters. I commend your efforts. Unfotunatly it is not wanted. I don't know where in the Scripture it is that talks about not arguing or forcing others, but it is there I know. Sadly the Atheist could probably tell me, smiley wink but I digress. As for the 'so called Christians' who sling insults and use defamatory remarks to get their point across, shame on you for giving Christians a bad name. Those same shameful people will turn around and wounded why their comments are not taken seriously. undecided

Anyway, that's my rant.

@ Skeeter
Sorry I quoted you to say all this. You just gave me the opening. So I changed in. Love ya! smiley

@ bold.....

That is where you are wrong....the christians cave in........enough nairaland testimonies to that......
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
@Tex, nice write up. . . Except that you don't stay in Nigeria where people will forcefully shove religion in your face and expect you to be grateful. A typical example is Joshthefirst who after being told by Muskeeto to leave him alone still insisted that he will continue preaching to him. I mean wtf!!! You can believe whatever you want as long as you don't shove it in my face or discriminate and make life hard for me. . . Most atheists here come to rant as they can't do so offline as it could be disastrous. Sadly, the Nigerian mentality is that if you are not religious you must be evil and therefore they take it upon themselves to either convert you forcefully or discriminate against you. . .
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
They don't cave. They just shake their heads and walk away. Unless they are the contentious ones.

smh seems to be my favorite pastime with you Atheists. grin

How are you today LB?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly: They don't cave. They just shake their heads and walk away. Unless they are the contentious ones.

LOL. You must be new here. . .
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Can't quote your long post, @tex. On points in more ways than one, but as Troll said, in Nigeria it's virtually impossible to get people to understand it. A friend of mine who's Christian uploaded a video on his facebook wall in which he records the sound from a nearby church reverberating in his room at night.

After complaining, the pastor made him 'a prayer point' for the next three nights of the convention.

The case is in court now. I hope he wins./
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly: They don't cave. They just shake their heads and walk away. Unless they are the contentious ones.

How are you today LB?

Great....great.....

Am cool today......... cool
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: LOL. You must be new here. . .
Hmmm

Yeah...hi there...I'm Gerri...nice to meet you, Mr. Troll is it?

Hmmmm...how's PH?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
aManFromMars: Can't quote your long post, @tex. On points in more ways than one, but as Troll said, in Nigeria it's virtually impossible to get people to understand it. A friend of mine who's Christian uploaded a video on his facebook wall in which he records the sound from a nearby church reverberating in his room at night.

After complaining, the pastor made him 'a prayer point' for the next three nights of the convention.

The case is in court now. I hope he wins./

Well when I'm there, Atheists all over Nigeria can breathe a sigh of relief. You will have one Christian who allows your choice to be yours.

*whispers* cool I'll pray for you in secret. wink
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly:
Hmmm

Yeah...hi there...I'm Gerri...nice to meet you, Mr. Troll is it?

Hmmmm...how's PH?
Is that your real name?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: Is that your real name?

Yup. Pronounced Jerry

Actually it's short for Geraldine, but my older brother is the only one who still calls me that.
Shhhh don't tell anyone.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly:

Well when I'm there, Atheists all over Nigeria can breathe a sigh of relief. You will have one Christian who allows your choice to be yours.

*whispers* cool I'll pray for you in secret. wink

Lol, we'll pray for you too.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, we'll pray for you too.

Thanks!

I could use all the prayers I can get. Believe me.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Wtf!!! God is here making your enemies confused while scientists keep labouring in the lab looking for a cure for HIV. Couldn't your God simply tell them the cure?

He would if they'd just ask. Nicely.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
texanomaly:

Thanks!

I could use all the prayers I can get. Believe me.
lol. Hi Geraldine, don't be afraid. If you feel threatened in anyway just shout "God bless you" or "Blood of Jesus". Works like magic here in Nigeria. winkcheesy
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
rapture_ready:

He would if they'd just ask. Nicely.
Oh yes! Meanwhile millions will keep dying while he waits for his ego to be stroked. What a magnificient DoG!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / Young Christian Vs. Young Atheist: Who Is Really Mentally Weak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.