Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Questions For Atheists!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists!!! (10706 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll:

the fact that you and your folks believe it doesn't make it true.

Lol, my thoughts exactly
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Ranchhoddas: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

And what if the builder was way, WAY more bigger, mightier, majestic than you are? What if he is the King of kings and the Lord of lords?

Say for example, if you went to the US and saw the white house, and refused to believe that the americans built it, what then? Will Obama come rushing out of the oval office waving the ownership documents of the white house, just to get your little attention, and receive your pathetic approval?

What if you created this whole majestic planet, all those billion suns and galaxies and host of heaven, and one tiny little piece of creation (which you made over 7billion+ copies of) refuses to believe you? Will you come dangling yourself in front of him twerking like a performing monkey - "hey look at me! I exist! Whoopee
but he dangled Himself before Moses,an angel appeared before Mary and so many of the other stories in the bible...are they not also part of the little pieces of creation
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ranchhoddas: but he dangled Himself before Moses,an angel appeared before Mary and so many of the other stories in the bible...are they not also part of the little pieces of creation

EXACTLY - THOSE PEOPLE ALREADY BELIEVED HE EXISTED! HE WASN'T APPEARING TO THEM TO PROVE HE EXISTED! wink

When he appeared to Moses, did you hear Moses say: "Dang it! I should have known all those fellas on nairaland were decieving me! ;'(". Like you sorry jerks are all going to say someday grin

He wasn't dangling himself before them. God is just to big to indulge anybody's unbelief, sorry.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

EXACTLY - THOSE PEOPLE ALREADY BELIEVED HE EXISTED! HE WASN'T APPEARING TO THEM TO PROVE HE EXISTED! wink

He wasn't dangling himself before them. God is just to big to indulge anybody's unbelief, sorry.
Then if he thinks he doesn't need to show us his existence then why condemn us for disbelieving in him? we didn't see any evidence did we?

sorry man, you're shooting yourself in the head.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Ranchhoddas: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: Then if he thinks he doesn't need to show us his existence then why condemn us for disbelieving in him? we didn't see any evidence did we?

my thoughts exactly...lol
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Ranchhoddas: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

When he appeared to Moses, did you hear Moses say: "Dang it! I should have known all those fellas on nairaland were decieving me! ;'(". Like you sorry jerks are all going to say someday grin

balaam,saul did they believe before He appeared to them?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: Then if he thinks he doesn't need to show us his existence then why condemn us for disbelieving in him? we didn't see any evidence did we?

Well dear, the fact is he hasn't got anything to prove to you. Your refusing to believe him does not wipe him out of existence, so why bother himself with the performing monkey routine? undecided
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ranchhoddas: balaam,saul did they believe before He appeared to them?

It was obvious balaam did, as God didn't bother introducing himself to him. Secondly, if he was anything like you guys, and had a dream about "God", he would have dismissed it as having watched one too many movies.

Saul, being a jew/judaist did also...
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Well dear, the fact is he hasn't got anything to prove to you. Your refusing to believe him does not wipe him out of existence, so why bother himself with the performing monkey routine? undecided
why bother himself with our 'souls' then? and threats of HELL!!!!!!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ranchhoddas: my thoughts exactly...lol

Why are you guys all having the same thoughts? Na telepathy? grin

Or are you all parody accounts being controlled by one maga out there? angry
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Nah, I'm actually more of a firebender. When I get on my knees and pray "fire, FIRE!", things begin to happen grin

Yes. That is exactly why God is the ultimate maker.

The ultimate creator didn't tell us that part, maybe because our intelligence cannot understand such mysteries.

For example, when scientists say "the edge of the universe", what then is the external thing outside the edge of the universe? Other universes? More space? Is space infinite? Where does it all end? Etc.

My dear if you begin think these kind things logically, madness no de afar off. cry

One day we will meet him face to face, and he will tell us. Too bad you may not be there to hear the story.

I mean, similarly, if the universe was not created, but did emanate from a ball of matter spinning furiously, at some point exploding in a "big bang", where did the ball of freaking matter come from?

Na the same thing both ways.

Did the ball of matter of zero volume and infinite point mass create itself?

He actually said this one! He is eternal!

Nobody knows. Except the ultimate maker. I wasn't there, was I? If the ultimate maker didn't get into detail about this, their is no "logical" way to know.

Similarly, The kinetic energy that caused the ball of matter from which the universe was supposedly born, to be "spinning furiously", where did it come from?
The energy that caused it to explode outward in a big bang, where did it come from?

You talk as if science can answer these questions about their darling theory on the origins of the universe.

These things are beyond human understanding.

I give up!

Seriously, who fills these guys' heads with pseudoscience packed as scientific knowledge?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Why are you guys all having the same thoughts? Na telepathy? grin

Or are you all parody accounts being controlled by one maga out there? angry
yes we are. happy now?

bros, bullshyt has only so many possible replies......so, go figure. tongue
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: why bother himself with our 'souls' then? and threats of HELL!!!!!!

It is not a threat, but an actuality.

If he didn't tell you guys na, una go begin say: "but u no tell us na?"
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up!

Seriously, who fills these guys' heads with pseudoscience packed as scientific knowledge?
www.answersingenesis.org
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

an actuality which of course has no evidence to support it, only that we believe it first. abi? undecided
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up!

Sure, go ahead and dodge the post, and derail into unrelated crap.

Or you can go ahead and admit that you haven't got a good comeback, quietly retreat into a corner and let those who have points to argue with talk.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

This is where the problem lies. Many people have said different contradictory things about what God is telling us. Just to name a few

Ellen G white- seventh day Adventist

Joseph Smith- Church of Jesus christ of latter day saints.

Mohammed- Islam

Early founders of the church - Christianity.

So you see, the only way to know which one God is really saying is to use our brains which he gave us. Unfortunately, when you use your brain, you discover they are all false.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Sure, go ahead and dodge the post, and derail into unrelated crap.

Or you can go ahead and admit that you haven't got a good comeback, quietly retreat into a corner and let those who have points to argue with talk.

You win!!

Your logic n science were too much for me. I mean science proves god, right? God is not based on faith abi?

Mumu
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: an actuality which of course has no evidence to support it, only that we believe it first. abi? undecided

What will you accept as evidence? What about firsthand testimonies/reports from people who had had NDE's?

Personally, I think the only thing that will make you believe is if you go there yourself.

In that case, go syria or maidugiri make them cut your head, and wham! you're there.

It's a one way trip though! grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
*walks into thread carrying chair...unfolds and sits down...takes a bite of popcorn*

@ topic...you got my attention...interesting stuff..following from Switzerland for now.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

What will you accept as evidence? What about firsthand testimonies/reports from people who had had NDE's?

Personally, I think the only thing that will make you believe is if you go there yourself.

In that case, go syria or maidugiri make them cut your head, and wham! you're there.

It's a one way trip though! grin

@bold, something beyond reasonable doubt.

@red, what happens if I die and it eventually comes out that it didn't exist? is there any way for me to come back and slap you twice for telling me bullshyt?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

This is where the problem lies. Many people have said different contradictory things about what God is telling us. Just to name a few

Ellen G white- seventh day Adventist

Joseph Smith- Church of Jesus christ of latter day saints.

Mohammed- Islam

Early founders of the church - Christianity.

So you see, the only way to know which one God is really saying is to use our brains which he gave us. Unfortunately, when you use your brain, you discover they are all false.

What you say initially is unfortunately true. It is after the bolded part that I beg to differ.

What I mean is you can also read the bible YOURSELF and find out what God is saying!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
we can claim anything we want, so long as we put its indubitable proof posthumous. fraudsters!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

What you say initially is unfortunately true. It is after the bolded part that I beg to differ.

What I mean is you can also read the bible YOURSELF and find out what God is saying!
you don't get it, do you?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll:

@red, what happens if I die and it eventually comes out that it didn't exist? is there any way for me to come back and slap you twice for telling me bullshyt?

I will still die one day too na! Then you can bitchslap me... grin

You'll find I'm not lying to you though!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll:

@red, what happens if I die and it eventually comes out that it didn't exist?
is there any way for me to come back and slap you twice for telling me bullshyt?

rapture_ready:

I will still die one day too na! Then you can bitchslap me... grin

You'll find I'm not lying to you though!
did you read and understand my post at all?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

You win!!

Your logic n science were too much for me. I mean science proves god, right? God is not based on faith abi?

Mumu

Symptoms of sour losers on a forum

1. Try to derail the subject

2. Resort to insults

Please forgive me as I start ignoring you on this thread.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll:

did you read and understand my post at all?

What I mean is you'll have to wait for me there and keep the slaps in an oven, so they remain hot... grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by raptureready: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: we can claim anything we want, so long as we put its indubitable proof posthumous. fraudsters!!! angry

Not all the indubitable proofs are posthumous. You can experience God right here on earth if only you will accept him.

Fraudsters? What are we after, your money?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

Of course I've read the bible for several years. I even have a personal one I read when I'm bored just to laugh.

You however miss the point. The reply you gave me is akin to me saying you should read the quran yourself, or read the book or mormon yourself so you can find out what God is saying
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Ranchhoddas: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

It was obvious balaam did, as God didn't bother introducing himself to him. Secondly, if he was anything like you guys, and had a dream about "God", he would have dismissed it as having watched one too many movies.

Saul, being a jew/judaist did also...
really,u dey read bible so? A donkey had to speak and saul heard his voice.don't you think more people will believe if such signs that the bible claims are evident today?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by MrTroll(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

What I mean is you'll have to wait for me there and keep the slaps in an oven, so they remain hot... grin
what if there is no there?

how then can I deliver my slap?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / Young Christian Vs. Young Atheist: Who Is Really Mentally Weak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.