Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83300 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2021
In the meantime, can any Administrator here pls explain.

Subject to imminent settlement and since DB payment will be credited into beneficiaries account direct then why can't such individual request for balance in the RSA...atleast all stakeholders are already awared payments is in-coming.

It seems PFA might majorly be after proceeds % while investing with such funds.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thefarmer3:

I called their Lagos office and Kano office, they assured me that we'll all be paid soon. Let's wait and see. I asked on Facebook, I was told they are doing reconciliation of accounts

Reconciliation again, they've started the delay tactics again
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
yetunsbay:
In the meantime, can any Administrator here pls explain.

Subject to imminent settlement and since DB payment will be credited into beneficiaries account direct then why can't such individual request for balance in the RSA...atleast all stakeholders are already awared payments is in-coming.

It seems PFA might majorly be after proceeds % while investing with such funds.

They can give u the contributory if you can walk up to their office and process it. But DB can only be processed when the fed gov releases fund
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thefarmer3:

I called their Lagos office and Kano office, they assured me that we'll all be paid soon. Let's wait and see. I asked on Facebook, I was told they are doing reconciliation of accounts
This could be true cos they've called my family twice to swear a certain affidavit. Apparently, the next of kin has two names in the letter of administration and three names in National ID.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
This could be true cos they've called my family twice to swear a certain affidavit. Apparently, the next of kin has two names in the letter of administration and three names in National ID.

Really? Please who called, PENCOM or your PFA?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Possibly PENCOM. Cos the documents were certified correct by my PFA upon submission.

This was when the judiciary was on strike.

Mind you, since I'm not the beneficiary, I didn't see the need to ask this question.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
Winter12:

They can give u the contributory if you can walk up to their office and process it. But DB can only be processed when the fed gov releases fund
Which term should we now give the current balance in RSA oo as far I'm awared DB will not even be paid through them sef. Rather it's paid directly into beneficiaries acct so why withhold RSA bal if not being fishy
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
yetunsbay:
Which term should we now give the current balance in RSA oo as far I'm awared DB will not even be paid through them sef. Rather it's paid directly into beneficiaries acct so why withhold RSA bal if not being fishy

I think they're withholding the RSA funds cos PENCOM has to give approval before it can be released. And before approval, PENCOM has to do reconciliation. I.e; ensure that the balance in the RSA is actually what it's supposed to be, no overpayment & no underpayment.

For instance, my dad passed away in 2018 and they were still crediting his RSA till 2019(which was when our application reached PENCOM). So I was told that all the contributions that came into his RSA after his demise would be deducted, and if at all he had been shortpaid at some times, that would also be corrected... All these would happen during reconciliation...... According to my PFA's explanation
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Possibly PENCOM. Cos the documents were certified correct by my PFA upon submission.

This was when the judiciary was on strike.

Mind you, since I'm not the beneficiary, I didn't see the need to ask this question.

Alright, understood
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thefarmer3:

I think they're withholding the RSA funds cos PENCOM has to give approval before it can be released. And before approval, PENCOM has to do reconciliation. I.e; ensure that the balance in the RSA is actually what it's supposed to be, no overpayment & no underpayment.

For instance, my dad passed away in 2018 and they were still crediting his RSA till 2019(which was when our application reached PENCOM). So I was told that all the contributions that came into his RSA after his demise would be deducted, and if at all he had been shortpaid at some times, that would also be corrected... All these would happen during reconciliation...... According to my PFA's explanation
Understood but I guess the balance in RSA is being invested while it either increases or decreases
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 1:49am On Jul 14, 2021
yetunsbay:
Understood but I guess the balance in RSA is being invested while it either increases or decreases

Yeah, very correct, ROI that enters into the RSA even after demise won't be tampered with. But the EE & ER contributions would.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Yeah, very correct, ROI that enters into the RSA even after demise won't be tampered with. But the EE & ER contributions would.
with all this reconciliation then I don't think remittance can suffice this month
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2021
yetunsbay:
with all this reconciliation then I don't think remittance can suffice this month

Hmmm... My brother, I think you're right.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2021
Let's just be hopeful
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2021
https://www.pencom.gov.ng/contact-us/

You can contact them through their zonal offices as listed in the link above, it's easier to reach them that way unlike when you call the headquarters
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
Thefarmer3:
https://www.pencom.gov.ng/contact-us/

You can contact them through their zonal offices as listed in the link above, it's easier to reach them that way unlike when you call the headquarters
sure

3 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by PeaceIlya: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
cheesy
yetunsbay:
Optimism
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
yetunsbay:
Optimism

Wow! That's the word bro... God bless you for this
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 11:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Wow! That's the word bro... God bless you for this

Let them just pay us all. We are readyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thegracefulness: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2021
yetunsbay:
Optimism

Good day, Yetunsbay. Please can I this person’s number too? There are some clarifications and enquiries I need to make pertaining the death benefit entitlement and payment. I’d appreciate.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
yetunsbay:
Still awaiting Accrued benefits of batch 91. Imagine no payment yet for this year

We acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Further to your enquiry, please be informed that batch 88 and 89 of death benefit was processed recently
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Winter12:

Further to your enquiry, please be informed that batch 88 and 89 of death benefit was processed recently
processed ! Does that connotes paid ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Winter12:

and batch what for accrued rights ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
yetunsbay:
processed ! Does that connotes paid ?
Yes, I think
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
yetunsbay:
and batch what for accrued rights ?
I don't know for accrued rights
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Winter12:

Yes, I think
I hope they pay the rest batch before month end
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 7:26am On Jul 19, 2021
yetunsbay:
I hope they pay the rest batch before month end
Same here brother, same here
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Hi..
So, I went back to my PFA to submit the affidavit. They said we should expect payment between three weeks to two months from today.

Fingers crossed.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Hi..
So, I went back to my PFA to submit the affidavit. They said we should expect payment between three weeks to two months from today.

Fingers crossed.

If the court you made ur LOA replies fast, expect three weeks
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Winter12:

If the court you made ur LOA replies fast, expect three weeks
The court has to reply cry
I thought the stamp alone is a proof the affidavit and letter of administration are legit.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Hi..

Fingers crossed.
which payment pls ? If na DB don't mind them
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Hi..

Fingers crossed.

Wow! Impressive!

But which payment exactly, Accrued rights or death benefits? And please, what batch were you placed on? Cos my PFA is Palpensions too and I'm on 97 for death benefits

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.