Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (9074 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by TheSly: 11:38pm On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

Most religious folks who are[b] RICH ARE PASTORS. [/b]
grin grin grin grin grin

Mark 16:15. . . . And he said to them: Go into the whole world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Tell me. . . .Will the pastors ride on horses and camels from Lagos to Ghana,UK,USA, and other parts of the world to preach? cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
Me too, I should become a PASTOR jare, so I that I can fly my private Jet around the world. Even if my neighbor has no food to eat.

Don't worry, you think Nigeria is suffering NOw. Wait till I become a Pastor. Even your Bag of Rice, you will bring it to church to me to eat.

For the most prayerful and most religious country in world, I'm SHOCKED at the pain and suffering the common man is going thru. It pains my heart for real.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
Nigerians and bible verses sha, chai. I guess yáll never missed sunday school grin grin grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
In the Nigerian Economy of 2008, I'd like to know where you will source for funds to provide free education at the same standard of Covenant University. Honestly.

At AKO, I don't think that CU should be free, of course not now!!! What I'm saying is, I wonder if they are scholarship opportunities for a few BRILLIANT POOR children. So that them too, can experience, the wealth of God after thier education.

Abi, won't Jesus help the poor.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 11:53pm On Jul 08, 2008
madamkoko:

[b][/b]

We should blame the leaders abi? , well in Nigeria, people are TOLD by PASTORS (OF ALL SORTs not just oyedepo) to be patient and pray for their leaders while they and their children are suffering.

Continue to pray oh, while the educational sector suffers
Continue to pray, while blaming and wasting your saliva,
like thats going to solve anything.

People need to be active and take charge instead of waiting for mere mortals to help them get to gawd for change to happen in their lives. Shuch nonsense.
all im saying is that the man and others who have private schools are not the cause of the educational decay,the politicians are the causes so why putting all the blame on them,all they did was fill in a void by building private universities because of the failure of the state/government owned ones,there will always been high class univeristies and low class ones as well ,and its left for the government to get its acts together and cater for their citizens not expecting a church to cater for millions of nigerian, having said that,i will repeat that the laws governing charitable organisations tax exemptions should be looked into so that churches across the board can be made to fullfill some benchmark charities in form of schorlashipss for these like covenant,babcock and other xtian oriented universities and primary n secondary schools
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2008
I don't think that you understand the amount of influence churches and Pastors have on human beings in Nigeria. If you did, I don't think that u'll be talking like this.

What i'm saying is this, how can the people hold the government responsible if people are told the BEST they can do is PRAY for their leaders?
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 12:27am On Jul 09, 2008
madamkoko:

At AKO, I don't think that CU should be free, of course not now!!! What I'm saying is, I wonder if they are scholarship opportunities for a few BRILLIANT POOR children. So that them too, can experience, the wealth of God after their education.

Abi, won't Jesus help the poor.

Since you cant verify that they are not providing scholarships for a few BRILLIANT POOR children (few is relative, could be 1!), its best not to make such a comment. Or can you verify?

The Sly:

grin grin grin grin grin

Mark 16:15. . . . And he said to them: Go into the whole world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Tell me. . . .Will the pastors ride on horses and camels from Lagos to Ghana,UK,USA, and other parts of the world to preach? cheesy grin cheesy

Thank you jere, people would rather be myopic.

madamkoko:

People need to be active and take charge (HOW?) instead of waiting for mere mortals to help them get to gawd for change to happen in their lives. Shuch nonsense.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by idupaul: 12:34am On Jul 09, 2008
I have NOTHING against Oyedepo. He is a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN.

TRUE, HE SHOULD BE A GUEST LECTURER AT HAVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL COS PEOPLE CAN LEARN ALOT BOUT FRANCHISING FROM HIM grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2008
@idupaul grin grin

I think he should be. The only thing is, he might not be as receptive because they might take business away. Competition now. !!!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 12:47am On Jul 09, 2008
Tell me. . . .Will the pastors ride on horses and camels from Lagos to Ghana,UK,USA, and other parts of the world to preach?

Of course pastors don't ride horses and camels. Its for their business purposes but they can definately fly in regular planes like HUMBLE beings and share thier annoiting with other passengers in the plane. What would Jesus do ? Preach the gospel by being soo elite, such nonsense

So if the people they are trying to convert don't have food to eat, I see how those people can easily be fooled with private planes.

Such a stupid argument. Causing environmental pollution with a private plane doesn't help either.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 12:53am On Jul 09, 2008
Since you can't verify that they are not providing scholarships for a few BRILLIANT POOR children (few is relative, could be 1!), its best not to make such a comment. Or can you verify?

Can you verify either? why don't u do some research and find out the number ?

I highly doubt that there is any opportunity for poor children to experience such opportunity and this is not just for CU but for other Pastor related school as well. 

I know people who got kicked out of Convenant because they couldn't afford school fees.  So if they got kicked out, I doubt if such opportunity exists.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by TheSly: 12:56am On Jul 09, 2008
madamkoko:

Can you verify either? why don't u do some research and find out the number ?

I highly doubt that there is any opportunity for poor children to experience such opportunity and this is not just for CU but for other Pastor related such as well.

I know people who got kicked out of Convenant because they couldn't afford school fees. Go and tell those people about all your religious bullshit, such nonsense!!!
Easy oooo. . . . . .Don't finish your keyboard because u Wanna air your views about 'em pastors oo cheesy
Oyedepo will never buy you a new PC o oo cheesy cheesy grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 1:05am On Jul 09, 2008
Sorry, I'm just frustrated that Nigerians are soo gullible. Religion has taken the best of every logic and common sense in thier brain.

For a country soo religious and prayerful, why do millions go thru soo much pain? POVERTY, PAIN, and Suffering,

Everybody wants to come abroad, when there's soo much wealth within reach in Nigeria. (Natural resources, and all good works)

RELIGION covers up soo much and makes people blind to REALITY.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by idupaul: 1:06am On Jul 09, 2008
Continue to pray oh, while the educational sector suffers
Continue to pray, while blaming and wasting your saliva,
like thats going to solve anything.

TRUE , CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THINGS TO CHANGE BUT MEANWHILE REMEMBER TO BRING 10%OF UR MISERABLE INCOME SO WE CAN FUEL THE JET AND LEAVE MORE CARBON FOOTPRINTS ON THE ECOSYSTEM grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 1:07am On Jul 09, 2008
Yeeeeepa!!!! LOL, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by TheSly: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2008
madamkoko:

Sorry, I'm just frustrated that Nigerians are soo gullible. Religion has taken the best of every logic and common sense in their brain.

For a country soo religious and prayerful, why do millions go through soo much pain? POVERTY, PAIN, and Suffering,

Everybody wants to come abroad, when there's soo much wealth within reach in Nigeria. (Natural resources, and all good works)

RELIGION covers up soo much and makes people blind to REALITY.

Chill and Lets sing this song together!! tongue cool

Prayer is the key. . . . . .
Prayer is the key. . . . . .
Prayer is the master key . . . . .Ha! cheesy
Jesus started with Prayer and ended with Prayer. . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . Prayer is the master key!!!!!
cool
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 1:15am On Jul 09, 2008
LOL!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 1:17am On Jul 09, 2008
But If Religion is the key why are there sooo many denominations, I mean doesn't that show proof that people are just out for their own interest, by starting thier own church and version. Anyways sha, I wish people could see the REAL TRUTH.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 09, 2008

Tell me. . . .Will the pastors ride on horses and camels from Lagos to Ghana,UK,USA, and other parts of the world to preach?

Before we start misquoting the bible to justify fraud in the name of God can we ask ourselves . . . how did the early apostles (direct recipients of this charge) go about preaching the gospel? On the finest horses and chariots of Rome?
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by KunleOshob(m): 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ako
The man can use the same money he used to but his two private jets, maintain them and finance his extravagant lifestyle to offer free education or worst case highly subsidized education to people. That is what a man who is trruly serving God would do. There are still a lot of missionary schools in Nigeria today run by the orthodox churches that are highly subsidized and are offering qualitative education.

Even the hospital established by winners church charges exhorbitantly for it's services, i once knew of a pregnant member of the church who was refused admission to the hospital to deliver her baby just becos she could not afford the 60k deposit required.

I also know for a fact that covenant university does not offer scholarship to less priviledge students, i was once involved in trying to assist a student there and i found out that no such scholarship existed.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2008
Winners Chapel is a business conglomerate masquerading as the "house of Gawd".
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by ow11(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2008
You guys should leave Oyedepo alone. The people in his church have helped him build a school he runs, buy an airplane and is currently convincing them to bring more of their money to enable him achieve No 1 spot on th Forbes list!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by olabowale(m): 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Sly and 4Him: (Quote and misquoting, sorry, interpreting verses of the Bible is a normal thing. Why complaining now?)

Before we start misquoting the bible to justify fraud in the name of God can we ask ourselves . . . how did the early apostles (direct recipients of this charge) go about preaching the gospel? On the finest horses and chariots of Rome?

After the Mark verse that you quoted above, the disciple and the apostles, preached within the gates of the 12 nations of Israel. This is the world that they knew Jesus meant. A proof that Jesus was sent to his bloodline, alone. A local prophet that he was. Not until the fake epiphany of Paul did we see any effort to invite any people other tha the Jews! The Romans within these 12 nations were not even invited, until Paul brought his fakery to the table.

Now compare that to the last speech, (Farewell sermon) of prophet Muhammad (AS), where he said to his companions. Those who were present numbered 100,000 whereby he encouraged them to take the message to those who were not present. True to his word, and because he had commissioned letters to the five world rulers of his time, inviting them to Islam at that early time, many of the companions left Arabia. They took the advice in his words of encouragement, they embank on their own last journeys! They went to evey corner of the world. Some went to Malaysia, etc. Yet some came to black africa.

Hence, contrary to spreading the deen/way by sword, it was spread for the most part by individuals, who displayed good manners while trading among locals. If any would read about Ibn Battuta, a much much later generation of Muslim, one would see how he dealt with the asiatic cultures, where there is so much nudity. He first told them when they appear to him, they must put on some covering. This simply act of not been overbearing on their culture, did not allow them to resist him. Rather respected his person, and in the process discovered that wearing cloth, or covering up has a greater merit. Further it led them to adopting the tradition of covering, while they discard nudity. And I might say a good population amongst them became muslims. If Islam had spread by the sword, would it not have left India depleted of her citizens, the non muslims to nothingness?

I am always wondering how Ijebu people, specifically Ijebu Ode, my home town became Islamic, without the sword? How about Abeokuta and the whole Egba peple? How about Ibadan? How about Ibadan? And Queenisha, how about my getting to Owerri citizens? Have I weilded any sword, all the way from New York City? My crew and I will one day invade Igboland, and Islamize it without a single drop of blood, except with aboundant love and honey!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2008
Seriously you're becoming a bore. Same old recycled lies from you, i expect better.

olabowale:

@Sly and 4Him: (Quote and misquoting, sorry, interpreting verses of the Bible is a normal thing. Why complaining now?)
After the Mark verse that you quoted above, the disciple and the apostles, preached within the gates of the 12 nations of Israel. This is the world that they knew Jesus meant. A proof that Jesus was sent to his bloodline, alone. A local prophet that he was.

Mr. If any of us had written the very same thing about Mohammad ur colleagues would be asking for Seun's head by now and accusing us of bashing islam.

Did you know that Phillip preached to the Ethiopian Eunuch? That apart from Peter who restricted himself to the jews the other disciples reached out to places as far as Syria (Philip)?

Pls go to the muslim-only section. You hypocrites cannot have it both ways.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by chinesedoll(f): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2008
Winners Chapel is a business conglomerate masquerading as the "house of Gawd".

i concur 2 dat

worshiped at one of their branches
here in Manchester, the first thing dey welcomed
me with at the gate was an envelope according to dem
dey say na offerin envelope, to my greatest surprise
they stated all the types of credit cards on it
so u can pay ur offering with credit card
found this really intresting anfunny
am really thinking of opening a church myself
seriously grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by mazaje(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2008
Nigeria is dying because of religion, its the bane of most of our problems, a good look at the christain or mo'slem faith will tell you that the different sects of both religions are all out to make and maximise profits while decieving the people and promising false hope in the process, i was in Austria some weeks ago and i was suprised with what i saw most of the people don't believe in any god or gods but the place is what many nigerians will picture or imagine as heaven, Nigeria is dying and will continue to die because of religion, any thing that man needs to do must be done by man himself simple. . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
dude pls dont hang nigeria's probllems on religion,theres religion in america,in fact the pentecostal congregation in the united states is bigger than nigeria's dyu know how many members oral roberts only have,keneth hagin,creflo dollar e.t.c
the problem in nigerian are your leader,oyedepo,adeboye,bakare and co are not the one stealing billions of dollars and moving it abroad,ibb is sitting down all quiet on his hill top mansion,abacha s wife is sitting down in kano enjoying her husbands billions without disturbance yet we all go on about religious leaders,let us get our priorities right and direct our armoury at the real enemy,if u dont agree with their style of christianity float your own church theres no law against that
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by mazaje(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

dude please don't hang nigeria's probllems on religion,theres religion in america,in fact the pentecostal congregation in the united states is bigger than nigeria's dyu know how many members oral roberts only have,keneth hagin,creflo dollar e.t.c
the problem in nigerian are your leader,oyedepo,adeboye,bakare and co are not the one stealing billions of dollars and moving it abroad,ibb is sitting down all quiet on his hill top mansion,abacha s wife is sitting down in kano enjoying her husbands billions without disturbance yet we all go on about religious leaders,let us get our priorities right and direct our armoury at the real enemy,if u don't agree with their style of christianity float your own church theres no law against that

The people that own the US(The movers and shakers) are not religious people, african americans and hispanic are the most religious group of people in the US and the own little, the real owners of the economy dont know or simply do not believe in religion or god.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2008
mazaje:

The people that own the US(The movers and shakers) are not religious people, african americans and hispanic are the most religious group of people in the US and the own little, the real owners of the economy don't know or simply do not believe in religion or god.
i disagree with you,dyu know that george bush considers himself "a born again christian",and the republican party are mainly pentecostal christian,dyu know that pentecostals make a very large bulk of american voters?
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
KunleOshob:

@ako
The man can use the same money he used to but his two private jets, maintain them and finance his extravagant lifestyle to offer free education or worst case highly subsidized education to people. That is what a man who is trruly serving God would do. There are still a lot of missionary schools in Nigeria today run by the orthodox churches that are highly subsidized and are offering qualitative education. (Please cite examples as good as Covenant Uni.)

Even the hospital established by winners church charges exhorbitantly for it's services, i once knew of a pregnant member of the church who was refused admission to the hospital to deliver her baby just because she could not afford the 60k deposit required.

I also know for a fact that covenant university does not offer scholarship to less priviledge students, i was once involved in trying to assist a student there and i found out that no such scholarship existed.(ok, even though I can't verify that.)

chinesedoll link=topic=148992.msg2482328#msg2482328 date=1215611883:

i concur 2 that

to my greatest surprise
they stated all the types of credit cards on it
so u can pay your offering with credit card
found this really intresting anfunny

So in the same vain, all those who go to church with their bibles in their mobile phones and not in print are really 'interesting and funny', right? Using a credit card to pay offering does not mean you lose your will and self control over the card.

madamkoko;
I know people who got kicked out of Convenant because they couldn't afford school fees.  So if they got kicked out, I doubt if such opportunity exists.
Dont forget that its not a free school so people will definately get kicked out for not affording the fees. Fine, Covenant University is expensive and good. And it probably doesnt offer scholarships. But don't be so eager to blame Pastors for Nigeria's problems. Gullibility is optional.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by idupaul: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2008
RELIGION IS THRASH,
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Sisikill: 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
Not a Winners Member. . . okay, not sure why I felt the need to make that clear. Anyway, it possible that this was said in the same manner some say

“The God of Shadrach Meshach and Abednego?”

Then Nebuchadnezzar said, "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. 29 Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way."Daniel 3; 28 -29

Or the God of Daniel

"I make a decree that in all the dominion of my kingdom men are to fear and tremble [b]before the God of Daniel; [/b]For He is the living God and enduring forever, And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed, And His dominion will be forever. Daniel 6:26

In both examples, we can clearly see that it is GOD not Daniel or Shadrach Meshach and Abednego who is being glorified. I guess what I’m trying to say is “The God of Oyedepo” is being used to recognize God’s Glory. Keep in mind the people who are saying it have no reason to think God is not the source of Oyedapo’s success (Disclaimer: I’m not saying God isn’t the source). So they pray…the God who has done great things in the life Oyedepo will also do the same for us. Also saying "The God of Oyedepo" brings things close to home because this is a man they can see, who walks on the same sand they do not some abstract figure from the Bible.

Just throwing that out there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Meaning Of Cutting Firewood In The Dream / Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) / What Is Your Personal Life Motto?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.