Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (9076 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 09, 2008
Sisikill:

Not a Winners Member. . . okay, not sure why I felt the need to make that clear. Anyway, it possible that this was said in the same manner some say

“The God of Shadrach Meshach and Abednego?”

Or the God of Daniel

Very good thinking.
I cant see any sensible argument against that. As long as the focus is on God He is the God of whoever.

BTW I'm also not a member of Winners.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 12:23am On Jul 10, 2008
So you justify praying to the God of Oyedepo just because Nebuchadnezzar prayed to the God of Shedrac & co. Abi??

Did it ever occur to you that as at the time when he offered that prayer, it was because whatever it was Shedrac and his crew were worshiping seemed to be the most potent God as of the time. If someone else had performed something that outshined theirs I'm 100% certain that Nebuchadnezzar would have prayed to that God also.

So lets just get this straight, T.B Joshua as far as I am concerned seems to be serving the kind of God that might protect him from a fiery furnace so I ask do we pray to the God of T.B Joshua?? Chriss Angel seems to have a very unique god which is capable of walking through glass without a cut or even a scratch, do we then Pray to the god of Chriss Angel??

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Not through the God of Oyedepo.

You christians will always find an excuse to cover the actions of your pastors.
Even if you find him in bed with your wives I'm sure you'll tell me the story of David and Uriah. Suckers.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2008
Esss you beat me to it.
The two examples from the book of Daniel focus on a man who didnt know God at all. All He knew about Him was that He was a miracle worker that a certain Daniel, Meshach, Shadrak and Abednego prayed to. Hence his choice of words.

There are other examples were the jews prayed in the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . . . that also is no excuse . . . prior to the new testament God's name remained unknown. Now we have the name of Jesus, the name where which every new shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus THE CHRIST is Lord. How then should we go back to praying in the NAME of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

We know only too well that these men praying in the name of the God of Oyedepo are not doing it out of reverence to God . . . rather it is the man who has become their idol.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by noetic(m): 2:29am On Jul 10, 2008
Esss:

So you justify praying to the God of Oyedepo just because Nebuchadnezzar prayed to the God of Shedrac & co. Abi??

Did it ever occur to you that as at the time when he offered that prayer, it was because whatever it was Shedrac and his crew were worshiping seemed to be the most potent God as of the time. If someone else had performed something that outshined theirs I'm 100% certain that Nebuchadnezzar would have prayed to that God also.

So lets just get this straight, T.B Joshua as far as I am concerned seems to be serving the kind of God that might protect him from a fiery furnace so I ask do we pray to the God of T.B Joshua?? Chriss Angel seems to have a very unique god which is capable of walking through glass without a cut or even a scratch, do we then Pray to the god of Chriss Angel??

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Not through the God of Oyedepo.

You christians will always find an excuse to cover the actions of your pastors.
Even if you find him in bed with your wives I'm sure you'll tell me the story of David and Uriah. Suckers.

right on point

davidylan:

Esss you beat me to it.
The two examples from the book of Daniel focus on a man who didnt know God at all. All He knew about Him was that He was a miracle worker that a certain Daniel, Meshach, Shadrak and Abednego prayed to. Hence his choice of words.

There are other examples were the jews prayed in the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . . . that also is no excuse . . . prior to the new testament God's name remained unknown. Now we have the name of Jesus, the name where which every new shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus THE CHRIST is Lord. How then should we go back to praying in the NAME of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

We know only too well that these men praying in the name of the God of Oyedepo are not doing it out of reverence to God . . . rather it is the man who has become their idol.

well said.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 4:01am On Jul 10, 2008
Even if you find him in bed with your wives I'm sure you'll tell me the story of David and Uriah.
grin grin grin

I am surprised at the amount of influence, power, and control, mere human beings such as pastors have over millions of Nigerians, It saddens me.

Religion has blinded the eyes of many Nigerians.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 4:09am On Jul 10, 2008
The people that own the US(The movers and shakers) are not religious people, african americans and hispanic are the most religious group of people in the US and the own little, the real owners of the economy don't know or simply do not believe in religion or god.

This is absolutely TRUE.

Most Philantropists: the rockefellers, MKO Abiola, Gates, and on and on,

i
disagree with you,dyu know that george bush considers himself "a born again christian",and the republican party are mainly pentecostal christian,dyu know that pentecostals make a very large bulk of american voters?

Unlike millions of Nigerians, Bush does not follow any pastor around like a puppet. For Bush BUSINESS comes first, for Nigerians, Church and what the pastor thinks of them comes first. Bush SEEKS THE VOTES of other pentecostals, I remember one time during the 04 election, before I left for Nigeria the Pastor at a church I attended literally told his members to VOTE for Bush. He said that the church would get more federal grants and things like that. Bush is a politican and Business man first.

Nigerians look up to thier pastors for answers, Bush looks up to Business, oil deals, and votes.

If Bush were Nigerian, do you think that he would be buddies with the Saudis for Oil deals, No I don't think so.

A common Nigerian would meet with the Pastor, then the Pastor would say don't do business with Muslims, then back to normal life, Anyways sha. I don't want to go too much off topic
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 4:14am On Jul 10, 2008
dude please don't hang nigeria's probllems on religion

Religion has done nothing but create extreme poverty out of Nigerian citizens,  while fattening the belly of certain individuals. RELIGION AND EXTREME CAPITALISM. Religion has made them BLIND to their human rights.  Why should you fight for your rights when you can fast and pray

Do you know many times I hear go and pray for your leaders?? fast and pray for your leaders, well your leaders are abroad spending your money and with all the prayers, Nigeria STILL RANKS one of the most POOR and CORRUPT nations in the world.

Should Pastors be telling thier puppets to try a different strategy? or are Pastors benefitting from the ignorace of thier members, well,

The people that own the US(The movers and shakers) are not religious people, african americans and hispanic are the most religious group of people in the US and the own little, the real owners of the economy don't know or simply do not believe in religion or god.

Is it only the U.S. look at the Rich People in Nigeria ?? How many of them are religious ? (well maybe the muslims)
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Lady2(f): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2008
prior to the new testament God's name remained unknown

I am sorry sir but God's name was known.

Exodus 3:13-14
13 "But" said Moses to God, "when I go to the Isrealites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' if they ask me, 'what is his name?' what am I to tell them?"
14 God replied, "I AM WHO I AM." Then he added, "This is what you shall tell the Isrealites: I AM sent me to you."

It is by this name that Jesus identifies himself in John 8:24 and 28 and 58
24 That is why I told you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.

28 So Jesus said, "When you life up the Son of Man, then you will realise that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Father taught me.

58 Jesus said to them, "Amen, Amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

"I AM WHO I AM" is "YHWH" but we know that the Jews had much reverence for the name of God that they dared not to speak it and would normally say "The LORD" it is by this that Christ was able to identify himself as "The LORD" in the language of his day and region. By this we know that he is "YHWH" "I AM WHO I AM"

How then should we go back to praying in the NAME of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Because the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the SAME God that you worship. I hope so, especially if you call yourself a Christian.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by donnie(m): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2008
@madam KOKO

Continue deceiving yourself, when you are tired you will go and sleep.

That the church in nigeria is strong and influential is not the work of man but of God.

Somebody called the church the unsung hero. Because they are the salt of the earth, they are the ones who will avert 'natural'

disasters and wars on their knees in the name of Jesus yet uninformed people like you will think it is a result of good deliberation and planning.

If you are not aware, this nation will not be together today and somewhat safe but for the prayers, giving, tithing and confessions of the saints.

You compare Nigeria with America? You want God to visit our nation with war, tornadoes and earthquakes like he does the rest of the world before you

remember he exists and should be revered hun?

Take Christ Embassy for instance, they set they pace in whatever the set their hands to do and the people and the people follow. Is it the media, print,

TV, satelite, internet, they employ the latest kind of technology and the world cannot help but follow and this has even made them the envy of older TV

stations.

They buy up failing TV stations and bring life back into them and they become number one in the country. That is the excellent spirit at work my dear.

If it is print media they are number one and the rest of the people learn and follow, they employ the kind of excellence that will make you marvel.

They own institutions (inner-city) where children are taken off the streets and sent to. They are fed, clothed, accommodated and given sound education

free of charge. Prostitutes, drug addicts are given new lives. They are fed, clothed and accommodated, and made to live normal lives.

That is why they call for meetings and millions gather, the kind of crowds that even the president or any performing artist cannot dream of gathering.

How wouldnt the people follow someone who is concerned about their well being.

The best schools in the country today are owned by the churches (Winners chapel, RCCG, Church of God mission, Roman catholic church and so on).

The sick, Dwarfs, widows and the rejected of government and society now have hope because of men like TB Josuah.

Righteousness is preached and the fear of God is instilled in the people and rather than give thanks to God, you come and spew out this rubbish.

If you have been trampled upon by Christianity that is your problem, you most likely were in their way.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by away4real(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2008
donnie:

@madam KOKO

That the church in nigeria is strong and influential is not the work of man but of God.

Somebody called the church the unsung hero. Because they are the salt of the earth, they are the ones who will avert 'natural'

disasters and wars on their knees in the name of Jesus yet uninformed people like you will think it is a result of good deliberation and planning.

If you are not aware, this nation will not be together today and somewhat safe but for the prayers, giving, tithing and confessions of the saints.

You compare Nigeria with America? You want God to visit our nation with war, tornadoes and earthquakes like he does the rest of the world before you

Take Christ Embassy for instance, they set they pace in whatever the set their hands to do and the people and the people follow. Is it the media, print,

TV, satelite, internet, they employ the latest kind of technology and the world cannot help but follow and this has even made them the envy of older TV

stations.

They buy up failing TV stations and bring life back into them and they become number one in the country. That is the excellent spirit at work my dear.

If it is print media they are number one and the rest of the people learn and follow, they employ the kind of excellence that will make you marvel.

They own institutions (inner-city) where children are taken off the streets and sent to. They are fed, clothed, accommodated and given sound education

free of charge. Prostitutes, drug addicts are given new lives. They are fed, clothed and accommodated, and made to live normal lives.

That is why they call for meetings and millions gather, the kind of crowds that even the president or any performing artist cannot dream of gathering.

The best schools in the country today are owned by the churches (Winners chapel, RCCG, Church of God mission, Roman catholic church and so on).

The sick, Dwarfs, widows and the rejected of government and society now have hope because of men like TB Josuah.

Righteousness is preached and the fear of God is instilled in the people and rather than give thanks to God, you come and spew out this rubbish.

If you have been trampled upon by Christianity that is your problem, you most likely were in their way.

@ donnie i totally agree that God is at work in our churches (Nigeria and else where) whereever his name is called and 2 or 3 are gathered in his name, so lets put that to rest.

Implying that because tornadoes happen in America and hence God is absent there and because its not in Nigeria God is present is a misguided statement. Most of the reknowned christain leaders are from America, Kenneth Copeland, TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar, KC Price, Benny Hinn, i could go on and on. The prevalence of natural disasters has a lot to do with location, if not perhaps we should be expereincing winter in Nigeria. We should be thankful that we are located where we are based on the way we run our society, if not?? heavens forbid what it would have been like imagine the response if there was a disaster.

That you can make such an arguement about the churchs influence is a result of the failed state Nigeria and irresponsible leadership and followership.

1. You talked about TV stations and internet, am proud of Love World TV and all other christain broadcasting stations but please compare them to NTA, AIT and you are a star. Other Global organisations operate excellence as a result of business neccesity & competition, BBC, CNN, Sky sports, movies and all am not sure u can call these guys sub-standard so lets rest on that.

2. That Winners, RCCG own universities that may be better that some state or federal Univeristy (depending on the basis of comparison) is extremely sad and we should be weeping. Pray tell Research is founded by the govt in properly run societies, oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, Standford, Yale, Havard are heavily funded govt institutions. I don't think currently or in the near future u can compare these institutions with Convenant or redeem University.

3. That we lack any form of social security, no job seekers allowance, medi care, council housing and all and hence the churches have decided to be a safety net is another misnormal. The responsilbilty of the state is to provide collectively the things that we can't individually provide for our selves and depending on the economic rational provide a degree of social security to ensure a safe and stable society.

4. That we are so religious (don't like using that word) is good but lets try and identify the motivation, is it as a result of love for God or an economic plan to escape hardship. Whatever it is am grateful and pray earnestly that we transfer the light into the larger society as that is currently lacking. We hear of christains stealing and giving to church thats not the testimony we want to hear. Is it?

I have meet christains in the west that i marvel. Their main motivation is to love and serve God. You hardly hear so much about my God shall supply all your needs, Give and it shall be given and all. People tithe and give from their heart not necessarily (though its a promise) because they expect something back.

We call crusades all the sick and all come in and they receive their healings i bless God, but perhaps its also time that we invested in proper health care and research to reduce the cases.

I went to a friends church in the UK and the pastor was giving account to the congregation, tithes collected, offering and what it was used for including whatever charity donations i was amazed, if i ask my MOG what he would think of me. Accountability should also be extended to the church.

Am born again as well but lets not mix up issues, the Nigerian state is failing thats why u can make such arguements.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2008
@ donnie: I can't believe that u've come online to type such nonsense.

Such stupidity.!!!! If Nigeria was all STRONG and mighty, why are more than HALF of Nigerians not in their country ? even the ones in Nigeria and PRAYING to come abroad.  

How many times, do we hear of Nigerians die ön planes, in the Algerian desert, on a boat while trying to cross the Altantic or swim from barabados to the US,  or have atrocities committed against them because they are trying to come abroad. drug related offenses, beatings, internet fraud and scams just because, I don't think that u understand the issue here. Its more than churches or oyedepo, its being critical of religion.

POVERTY is the real issue here.    If Nigerians pray soo hard, why do they suffer soo much  ?

The best schools in the country today are owned by the churches
 and ONLY A FEW CAN AFFORD THESE SCHOOLS

I have lived and worked in Nigeria, and what u're saying sounds like churches have stepped in as social institutions and in response: a church IS nothing but a social institution. Individuals should be responsible for thier own spiritual development and people shouldn't have to worship humans, feed someone's ego, or become puppets to have gawd answer thier prayers.

If you have been trampled upon by Christianity that is your problem, you most likely were in their way

what would Jesus do ?

I'm not an enemy of xtianity or Islam but I strongly believe in Logic and common sense.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2008
@ away4real[/b]
wink wink

[b]abeg make you tell am jo!!!!grin grin grin
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2008
donnie:

@madam KOKO

stations.

@ Donnie

That the church in nigeria is strong and influential is not the work of God but of Man.

Why call the church the unsung hero? Because they are the vinegar of the earth, they are the ones cannot avert 'natural' disasters (Hurricanes, Tsunami's, Ikeja bombings, Repeated series of airplane crashes) and wars (Bosnia, Sudan, Rwanda, Nigerian Civil war even the  Niger Delta crisis) on their knees in the name of Jesus yet uninformed people like you will think it is a result of good Fasting, prayers and intercession.

If you are not aware, this nation will not be together today and somewhat safe but for the gorvernment, Police, Military and the will of the people.

You compare Nigeria with America? You want God to visit our nation with wealth, good and stable economy, uninterupted power supply, water, good working social infrastructure and safety like he does the rest of the world before you remember he exists and should be revered hun? (Erm!! Hells yeah)

Take Christ Embassy for instance, they set they pace in the business they set their hands to do and the people follow. Is it the merchandizing setup?? media, print,

stations.

They buy up failing TV stations and bring life back into them and they become number one in the country.
That is the excellent business man/mogul at work my dear.

If it is print media they are number one and the rest of the people learn and follow, they employ the kind of excellence that will make you marvel and sell them at exhorbitant prices.

free of charge. Prostitutes, drug addicts are given new lives. They are fed, clothed and accommodated, and made to live normal lives. Since they made their monney off hard-working Nigerians it is only fair they give back to the society by good public relations schemes.

That is why they call for meetings and millions gather, the kind of crowds that even the president or any performing artist cannot dream of gathering because they are not preying on the insucurities of their costomers, 

How wouldnt the people follow someone who knows how persuade people under false guarantee of solving their problems.

The best schools in the country today are owned by the churches (Winners chapel, RCCG, Church of God mission, Roman catholic church and so on) and charge the highest tution in the country for a University education.

The sick, Dwarfs, widows and the rejected of government and society now have hope because of men like TB Josuah who waves his hand around and makes people fall under the influence of hypnotism thereby wooing the gaullible nigerians into beliving they have the solutions to their problems.

Righteousness is preached and the fear of God is instilled in the people and rather than improve the society, we are still the 2nd most corrupt nation on earth, with amazing poverty, sicknesses, social injustice e.t.c even in the midst of plenty churches with the largest auditoriums in the world and the largest congregations.

If you havent been trampled upon by Christianity then you are lucky, you most likely havent stood in their congregation.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2008
Prostitutes, drug addicts are given new lives. They are fed, clothed and accommodated, and made to live normal lives.

LOL!!!! This is too funny!>, you forgot to add armed robbers to the list.  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2008
[b]YEEEEPA, Esss you finish am!!! [/b]
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by away4real(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2008
@ Ess & madamkoko,

We need a lot of logic and secular rationality in our nation.

Madam koko I disagree that Nigerians don't pray so hard, i personally believe that things would have been worse if not for the prayers of the saints, my point is that using our closeness to God as a basis of our prosperity of other wise is a wrong premise. Collectively its proper socio-political, macro economic structures that will lift us up.

As a people we are not serious (irrespective of our religion), i agree with Ess in that its not God that will gove us constant power supply, a proper educational system, functional military and security establishments and a well functioning government.

My arguement is that we need to get serious period and not look to God for things we should be doing for ourselves.

However, i am still unapologetically biased because God is real and Jesus actually died for my sins. I am what i am by his grace, he is my source and reason of my existance. Jesus is my lord. He has blessed me in no small measure, i am a benefactor of his grace so really i recognise and believe in miracles .
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2008
its not God that will give us constant power supply, a proper educational system, functional military and security establishments and a well functioning government.

My arguement is that we need to get serious period and not look to God for things we should be doing for ourselves.

I CONCUR a 150%. Its also an underlying argument of this thread. wink wink
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2008
I'm not sure if u read my previous statements: But I clearly acknowledge that Nigerians PRAY and are very PRAYERFUL. Nigeria is ranked and acknowledged as the most religious country in the world and I've stated this several times, once again if u read my posts,  the question becomes, for a country so prayerful and religious,  why is there soo much pain, poverty, and suffering ?

And I think that u partly answer the question in the quote higlighted above.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2008
madamkoko:

I'm not sure if u read my previous statements: But I clearly knowledge that Nigerians PRAY and are very PRAYERFUL. Nigeria is ranked and acknowledged as the most religious country in the world and I've stated this several times, once again if u read my posts, the question becomes, for a country so prayerful and religious, why is there soo much pain, poverty, and suffering ?

And I think that u partly answered the question in the quote higlighted above.

So madam what can we all practically do? Could you please give examples.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by yemivictor: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2008
davidylan:

Esss you beat me to it.

Ehm . . . i beg your pardon sir!

There are times i pray in the name of God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob . . . are you telling me that is not the right way to pray as a christian!? Please clarify urgently!! undecided

Secondly, i think it'd help a great deal if you tried to remain objective on issues like this!!!

You ooze more & more prejudice with each post, thank you! kiss
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2008
@ A_K_O

With all the brilliance oozing from this thread. We all can do something.

But I will type something up shortly. Make I nap small  jare    wink wink wink wink
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2008
away4real:

@ Ess

We need a lot of logic and secular rationality in our nation.

You have said it just as it should be said. America did not become america today because they put the slogan "In God we trust on their bills". If prayer changes a Nation, Nigeria would be the world super power today.
We have been so beclouded in this fantasy world that God is seriously at work in this country and it will be well (meanwhile every election, we see corruption of the highest order, the police are still the same, the roads remain the same, even the christian services and progarms are still being run on massive power generators).

I still feel christianity has done more damage than good in africa. This religion was first brought to us by the same people who started slave trade in Africa (isnt it ironic??). The richest people on earth are not christians, the most succesful people on earth are not christians, the most successful nations on earth are not even christian nations. If we Nigerians are to make any head way, we need to come out of the church and go into the street.

If you need a job, you dont need to be in church, you need to be out searching for that job.
If you need money, you need to be out in the streets hustling for money.
If you need a child, you need to go to a specialist or save up and use other sure medical methods to get a child.
If you are sick, go to a hospital.

However did pastors get so rich that they can afford to buy private jets and drive around in convoys of over 6 luxury cars while their congregation suffers in silence and prayers and constantly bribing God through their tithes and offerings.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by uchetobi(f): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2008
While Its not bad to say the God of ……whoeva! Focus should not be placed on man, GO, Pastor, Whateva! Focus should be on Christ…, by saying in the name of the God of the GO…, i feel its drawing unnecessary attention and fixation on the GO which shouldn’t be so!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2008
madamkoko:

@ A_K_O

With all the brilliance oozing from this thread. We all can do something.

But I will type something up shortly. Make I nap small  jare    wink wink wink wink

Yes, but whatever you say will not remove 'religion'. It is too late, obviously. So add it to the equation and quit trying to remove religion instead e.g. pray, fast, vigil, 'sow seed', etc for a job and SEEK FOR IT DILIGENTLY AND LEGITIMATELY will definately work.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2008
uchetobi:

While Its not bad to say the God of ……whoeva!

So why bother with Jesus?? I think his gigg is getting way too old right?? Oyedepo is more likely to get Gods attention than would the name of Jesus abi?? No wonder God answers their prayers better than he does that of RCCG, Deeper Life Bible Church, Redemption Ministries, all Anglican Churches, All pressbyterian, Methodist, Catholic and other such churches abi!!

What God do you know Oyedepo worships?? How do you know his powers are not diabolical?? Do you sleep with him at night?? Have you been privy to the good book to find out if his name is in it??

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Have you tried his spirit??

1John 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by uchetobi(f): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2008
Esss:

So why bother with Jesus?? I think his gigg is getting way too old right?? Oyedepo is more likely to get Gods attention than would the name of Jesus abi?? No wonder God answers their prayes better than he does that of RCCG, Deeper Life Bible Church, Redemption Ministries, all Anglican Churches, All pressbyterian, Methodist, Catholic and other such churches abi!!

What God do you know Oyedepo worships?? How do you know his powers are not diabolical?? Do you sleep with him at night?? Have you been privy to the good books to find out if his name is in it??

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise[color=#000099] false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.[/color]

Have you tried his spirit??

1John 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

I agree with you whole heartedly
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2008
@madamk
first of,the blacks and the hispanics might be more devout xtians than the average blue collar white but the fact remains that ministries like the oral roberts,k hagin e.t.c are mostly white blue collared republican who are in massive numbers,dont forget that minorities make up a very small number of america as a whole.

george bush migh be doing it because he was courting the republican votes but the fact remains that he also believes in religion as well,why do you think he was supporting israel against palestine,im sure you would have heard weighty allegations against him and his cabinet about advancing the christian agenda and trying to deal with the muslims(im not saying its true)xtianity is a big part of britain as well even though they dont go to church,and a lot of europe yet it doesnt get blamed, look at china korea dyu know in china there are pentecostal churches whose numbers double that of oyedepo,or redeemed?how come america's problems are not blamed on the likes of these men of GOD who have 2 jets live it up e.t.c
please lets get our priorities right,just because its easy to blame them doesnt mean its their fault

how much do the congregation donate to the church,dyu think majority actually donate the 10%?hell naw most people donate just a token and the money is that much because of the number of worshippers and also because most of the church workers dont get paid,churches will have tens of billions of naira if majority gave their ten percent like people like to say all the time,also these men of GOD writes books and go for talks,seminars e.t.c where they get paid for using their brains,an example is pastor ashimolowo who was investigated for this same sort of issues,after many years the charity commission discovered their folly and let him off the hook
again i will say that its not oyedepo's fault if ppl say GOD of david oyedepo,ill blame mostly over zealous female worshippers and im likening this persecution of men of GOD to the racist persecution by the whites in the old days
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by prizeless(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2008
Madamkoko and u all who have this myopic view. I 'm a winner and nobody prays In the God of Bishop Oyedepo. It is In the name of the of the God of Bishop David Oyedepoand there is nothing wrong with that. You hear phrases like the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Job, the God of David and so on. This is because this men have identity with God and there are proofs backing this up.

So, why noy the God of Oyedepo and the God of Pastor Chris, The God of Adeboye,

This are men of proofs and for sure He will answer to u

So guys, step up and see the God of Bishop Oyedepo answer to you.

Amen
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by ow11(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2008
prizeless:

Madamkoko and u all who have this myopic view. I 'm a winner and nobody prays In the God of Bishop Oyedepo. It is In the name of the of the God of Bishop David Oyedepoand there is nothing wrong with that. You hear phrases like the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Job, the God of David and so on. This is because this men have identity with God and there are proofs backing this up.

So, why noy the God of Oyedepo and the God of Pastor Chris, The God of Adeboye,

This are men of proofs and for sure He will answer to u

So guys, step up and see the God of Bishop Oyedepo answer to you.

Amen

LMAO grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Prizless

You are a prizless ( lipsrsealed Speak no evil)
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Delebayo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hi pal, yes u can pray in the God of Bishop Oyedepo, y not if not Ke! grin, if u knw their God follow suit. if u doubt then pray in the name u knw cheesy wink
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Esss(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Delebayo

I'm sorry but your first post was pretty unintelligent. I hope this is not what you have to bring to Nairaland.

Where in your bible did it tell you to pray to the god of anybody?? Since when did oyedepo become the yardstick for measuring righteousness?? Of a thruth my people perish for lack of wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) / Islamic Angels Are Wiser / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.