Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (9077 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 2:37am On Jul 08, 2008
So I went to a Winners chapel branch not too long ago and was surprised as to how they prayed, "In the God of David Oyedepo" AMEN. This phrase came up a lil'too often.

Nigerians, for soo long have been exploited by common BUSINESS men. Who make MILLIONS off this Religion business. Why are we soo gullible as to place men on a pedastols ?

Why?

When do common humans like Oyedepo deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as GOd,

I was in absolute awe and won't go back to a church that worships idols.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 08, 2008
Welcome to Oyedepo Group of Companies.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 2:46am On Jul 08, 2008
Abi ooooh. Such NONSENSE,

Nigerians have made him a MultiMillionaire, angry angry angry angry angry
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 3:06am On Jul 08, 2008
As long as Religion remains extremely prevalent in Nigeria, Nigeria will always remain a BACKWARD country. 

Nigeria ranks the most religious country in the world. Exploitation to the CORE!!!!!!!! and among the most CORRUPT in the world.

Nigerians need to start thinking with their brains and forget this religion bull Instead of RUNNING to America/Europe , 

If everybody in Jand thought superstitiously as Nigerians do in their own country, then American and Europe will not be the Great countries they are, 

For change to happen in Nigeria, there HAS  to be a separation of church and state,  ORDER begins at HOME.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 08, 2008
There is already separation of church and state in Nigeria . . . we are officially a secular state. The problem is not religion but poverty. Why do you think everyone is paying tithes and "sowing seeds"? Its not because they love God, they only seek miracles, signs and wonders . . . of course the charlatans coming in the name of Gawd are doing a wonderful job of padding their own nests feeding off the insecurity of the poor.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 3:32am On Jul 08, 2008
you are sooo RIGHT !!!!!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 3:34am On Jul 08, 2008
ONE reason, why I say there is so separation, is this: for example, if Brother Joe works for a company/or his a senator or is in position of power, (I guess its called networking) but He will give an underqualified person a job because the person goes to his church rather than a QUALIFIED and brilliant muslim/non christian.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 3:37am On Jul 08, 2008
davidylan:

There is already separation of church and state in Nigeria . . . we are officially a secular state. The problem is not religion but poverty. Why do you think everyone is paying tithes and "sowing seeds"? Its not because they love God, they only seek miracles, signs and wonders . . . of course the charlatans coming in the name of Gawd are doing a wonderful job of padding their own nests feeding off the insecurity of the poor.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by PastorAIO: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2008
davidylan:

I find myself almost beginning to support these charlatans. If people are so greedy, stoopid, and selfish then they deserve to get mugu-ed, don't they? I don't know. It's just a thought I've been entertaining recently. Also, it's not so much poverty that is causing this afterall we are not the only poor country in the world. In fact we aren't a poor country at all it is the problem of wealth distribution which afflicts us so. Which is just another manifestation of the actual ill which is greed, short-sightedness and stoopidity.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I find myself almost beginning to support these charlatans. If people are so greedy, stoopid, and selfish then they deserve to get mugu-ed, don't they? I don't know. It's just a thought I've been entertaining recently. Also, it's not so much poverty that is causing this afterall we are not the only poor country in the world. In fact we aren't a poor country at all it is the problem of wealth distribution which afflicts us so. Which is just another manifestation of the actual ill which is greed, short-sightedness and stoopidity.

per capita we are one of the poorest nations on earth. Dont be decieved by those big big budget figures . . . they dont get to the common man.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by PastorAIO: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2008
Are you looking at wealth in terms of GDP or are you looking at it in terms of possessions, minerals, resources both human and material?
Is a millionaire who is a miser and lives in a shack a rich man or a poor man? I'm not arguing with you I'm just deliberating about what you're saying.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by smile4kenn(m): 8:29am On Jul 08, 2008
Nigerians WAKE UP!!!! WAKE up, All this money making pastors have taken enough,
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by MALAMA(f): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2008
'The God of Oyedepo' shocked .So mentioning Oyedepo is meant to be the egunje for God to answer my prayers or Oyedepo is now a co-mediator with Jesus? When will we open our eyes and refuse all these nonsense?
@ Poster,
Oyedepo allowed the people to yarn this nonsense intro in their prayers Hmmm, he thinks he's a demi-god
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by huxley(m): 9:30am On Jul 08, 2008
On the issue of measure of development, I think the HDI (Human Development Index) comes really close to measuring the quality of life and development in countries. Check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index.

The problem with Nigeria and most of Africa, is the credulous zealotry with respect to superstitions and archaic traditional mores.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by olabowale(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2008
@Davidylan:

There is already separation of church and state in Nigeria . . . we are officially a secular state.
If Nigeria is a secular state/country, is it because of its separation of "Church and State" stand, or other reason? Please explain the reason Nigeria is a secular country and not othewise. Why then, if the separation of "Church and state," is the singular reason for being a secular state, in the case of Nigeria, why is that not the case for United States of America, David? I am asking you this question, here an now, because i am going by your past comments whereby you had boldly called America a Christian Country. Please you now have the floor to make your position clear to us. I dislike your shifting and flip-flopping stand on many matters, especially where you are rigorously defending the indefensible.

[/quote]
Posted by: MALAMA
Insert Quote
'The God of Oyedepo' .So mentioning Oyedepo is meant to be the egunje for God to answer my prayers or Oyedepo is now a co-mediator with Jesus? When will we open our eyes and refuse all these nonsense?
@ Poster,
Oyedepo allowed the people to yarn this nonsense intro in their prayers Hmmm, he thinks he's a demi-god
[quote]
Thats how it always start. In the case of Jesus, unfortunated, it started when he was already lifted up. And being a true Prophet, he would have rebuked then those who say "in the name of Jesus," in the same sentence with God, if he were to be around, when they first began to say it. But in the case of Oyedepo, he relishes it and loves it. His love of it provides us the window to his veracity. The truth is that he is not a prophet, otherwise it could never have been coined up, as is or in any form whatsoever.

This is what would Jesushave done moment for the christian, in particularly, who started a religion after his name. Whereas they know that he never was a Christian, and never advocated that a religion be started, after he left the earth. But alas, Jesus worshipped and prayed to God. It is that religion that he observed, under which he prayed and worshipped God that people in Christendom need to find and join. And not some make up religion.

You can see from Oyedepo's new protocol, within a deviated protocol to worship, anything can happen. Just imagine what may happen if calling Oyedepo's name in prayer continues for the next few hundred years, in his church? Definitely, you will have 2 Jesuses: one a Jew and the other a Yoruba! Whats next?

1 Like

Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
lets be very careful when we apportion blames,from my experience when i go to church,i think its not the fault of the oyedepo or any other man of GOD but their assistants/ushers,i think its a general thing with ushers especially the nigerian girls, they are borderline rude and over zealous,so some of these people might have started the GOD of oyedepo thing just as eye service,and it caught on, for instance in church if an annointet man of GOD says "my GOD is good"which is a phrase people will say amen ,anything a man of god says is amen so we congregation actually and the ushers/assistants are the cause most of the time
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
I wonder if Convenant University provides scholarships for POOR CHILDREN?

What would Jesus do ? Help the poor abi.

People don't understand pastors are Humans and they have families and mouths to feed. They most importantly have Degrees in the Franchasing business model, thats what they study in bible school. How can my church have a growing branch. Not because of the souls, but because of the money.

I mean for everyone who starts a Winners branch, do you know how much that man is making?

If Jesus is king, let Jesus be king and not a mere mortal.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by KunleOshob(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
What do you expect from a pastor who flies around in a private jet whilst people around him don't have food to eat. His covenant university is one of the most expensive in the country (strictly business) i wonder what happened to the concept of missionary schools that provided free education that was run by churches.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

lets be very careful when we apportion blames,from my experience when i go to church,i think its not the fault of the oyedepo or any other man of GOD but their assistants/ushers

I agree with you 100%. Oyedepo did not say it yet some people are being so blind and hateful. For instance if you defraud someone with my identity should I be blamed?

KunleOshob:

What do you expect from a pastor who flies around in a private jet whilst people around him don't have food toeat. His covenant university is one of the most expensive in the country (strictly business) i wonder what happened to the concept of missionary schools that provided free education that was run by churches.

In the Nigerian Economy of 2008, I'd like to know where you will source for funds to provide free education at the same standard of Covenant University. Honestly.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by donnie(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
There is nothing wrong in the phrase[i], the God of Oyedepo[/i] as long as they also have been taught to say in the name of jesus.

Oyedepo is a Man of God and his devotion to Jesus is unquestionable. I think what God's people need is the teaching of the Word of God so they can be well grounded in the faith and would never derail. And of course, this dosnt desrve all these negative comments i am seeing here.

However,. i am not surprised, afterall the posters so far are not unfamiliar to me. This is what they love, criticizing men of God.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
donnie:

There is nothing wrong in the phrase, the God of Oyedepo as long as they also have been taught to say in the name of jesus.

Indeed there is nothing wrong in the phrase . . . what is however wrong is the fact that these men of Gawd are so enamored by their own fame they forget how Paul the apostle handled the issue in his own time.

1 Corinthians 1: 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by idupaul: 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2008
90 PERCENT OF NIGERIANS WILL FALL GULLIBLE FOR RELIGIOUS CLERICS AND RELIGIOUS STUNTERS LIKE ALL THIS PASTORS,, MY QUESTION IS WAT THE HELL IS PASTOR, WHO IS A PASTOR, INFACT ITS SO BAD THAt if u introduce urself to me as a pastor i immediately lose any form of respect for till u prove me wrong, as far far as am concerned all pasors are conmen and I mean all.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2008
davidylan : make u tell them jare.

like oyedepo died on the cross for them. Such Nonsense!!!!! angry angry
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ idupaul : Who is a Pator: A pastor is a Business man who wants to build a strong franchise business model like McDonalds or Mr. Biggs. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by olabowale(m): 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Davidylan:

1 Corinthians 1: 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Baba Agba David, please tell me, whose name was Jesus baptized? In whose name were the 12 disciples of jesus baptized?

Please stop pedalling Paul, omo Boy! The whole gimmick rests on Paul's.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan:
Baba Agba David, please tell me, whose name was Jesus baptized? In whose name were the 12 disciples of jesus baptized?

Please stop pedalling Paul, omo Boy! The whole gimmick rests on Paul's.

Uncle, the islam-only section is no good for u again?
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by lucabrasi(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2008
i think theres an underlying motive for this thread,its not about members of a congregation calling on GOD of oyedepo but to castigate the man some more, i honestly dont know what ppl want from these people,when tb joshua does charities and all that he is called a devil incarnate and all sorts of names and now its the oyedepo man too,im not a memeber of his church and i v never been there before but you cant blame the collapse of the nigerian educational sector on the man,we should be blaming our leaders having said that i think the government should streamline the laws governing charitable institutions,churches and all that to make sure they sponsor a specific benchmark of people per year through schools to qualify for tax breaks ,i believe with that most men of GOD will not knowingly break the law and it will help the church members as well
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by ifyalways(f): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Topic,sad how things are turning even in the church of God.why wud people resort to using such phrases?Is it just plain stupidity or being over zealous?havent Pastor Oyedepo heard the phrase and whats he doing abt that?
"In the name of the god of Oyedepo" indeed.nigerians need to wake up !.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by AKO1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
davidylan:

Uncle, the islam-only section is no good for u again?

LMAO!!!
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:30pm On Jul 08, 2008
I have NOTHING against Oyedepo. He is a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN. 

But I think Nigerians should stop FOOLING themselves when it comes to RELIGION/Christianity

Religion and Christianity has done nothing but ROBBED people of common human rights because they forget to think logically.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
Most RICH PEOPLE IN Nigeria are not Religious Fools, think of it. (Yes, include the corrupt politicians, Yes and they continue to ENJOY thier lives and Spend OUR money. Kepp your eyes closed and keep praying oooh. Kepp on God will come down and work his magic. (hisses) )

Most religious folks who are RICH ARE PASTORS.
Re: In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? by madamkoko: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2008
but you can't blame the collapse of the nigerian educational sector on the man,we should be blaming our leaders
[b][/b]

We should blame the leaders abi? , well in Nigeria, people are TOLD by PASTORS (OF ALL SORTs not just oyedepo) to be patient and pray for their leaders while they and thier children are suffering.

Continue to pray oh, while the educational sector suffers
Continue to pray, while blaming and wasting ur saliva,
like thats going to solve anything.

People need to be active and take charge instead of waiting for mere mortals to help them get to gawd for change to happen in thier lives. Shuch nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Demons: Your Invisible Enemies! ( Let's Discuss) / What Is Your Personal Life Motto? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.