Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest - Nairaland Ads (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (94301 Views)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Jbluv55(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Seun: this evening. What do you think about the current top five on the list?
Are you asking generally or just Alfredo4u?
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Jbluv55: Are you asking generally or just Alfredo4u?
Generally
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by adewasco2k(m): 6:34am On Oct 31, 2013
I was disqualified? Woo how did I even miss out the size thing? grin its painful though, even if I was not gonna win, for my design to be scrapped out is heartbreaking, I think I am done! Good luck to those still in the contest. sad
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by ibrozyconcept(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Nice context so far though, art least I can outrightly say this context made me realize what a graphics competetion could really be like....#peace
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2013
Should we allow everyone to submit corrected versions of their entries?
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Acidosis(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Seun: Should we allow everyone to submit corrected versions of their entries?

Yes
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 7:01am On Oct 31, 2013
This means that some of the current top 5 will be dropped out...
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2013

No! The competition has to go on!! Let them wait for the next competition!

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by egift(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2013
Oga Admin NO. It will not be right to make this adjustment at a time when we all are already expecting the result.

It has been an exciting contest. Though it will not be bad if all the shortlisted contestants get some form of Ad Credits (it will help you get paid ads in future).

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Acidosis(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Seun: This means that some of the current top 5 will be dropped out...

anything to get the best designer...

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by adewasco2k(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2013

Yes! #Ok may be I am bias

I think this one is over its contest and all rules were expected to be followed, if anybody defaults and he is disqualified I think that is justified.

Only problem I see here is having same old guys and funny enough I saw way more great designs, so its hard to say which is best for you, if you want good designers may be you should look up to something like this is the near future.

I personally saw good designs and they are no were now sad
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2013
Deleted

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2013
^^^
Hmm! smiley
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bulldog(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2013
manifest:

No - you really don't have to be sentimental about the contest. In actual fact, this is part of the competition. Its not your fault if we can't follow a simple rule.

However, I would rather suggest you use a POINT base analysis system to grade each design and penalise for any form of spelling errors.

Your point based system could focus on creativity, colour combination, visibility, marketability.. e.t.c 10 points each... that's totally up to you. Penalise 2 points or so for spelling mistakes, size limit criteria and sum up the rest.

Having said that, under no circumstance should you accept any entry after 6pm. Think about this as an aptitude test, every one knows the answer if given extra time. Time limit should drive creativity.

This is just a suggestion and should only be accepted if you feel some of the good designs have been penalised.

By the way I don't know how you are picking your best designs. Shouldn't it be best design in each of the category? I don't think a winner can have good designs in all the four category.

Apologies for my long text.

All the best with your analysis.

Regards,
Manifest
BOY you are the engine room, the gear and the pistons! This is all i've been trying to point out. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2013
@Seun: Even though I missed the top five by the whiskers, I don't think it's fair to allow people (including myself) who were not impressive (in your opinion) to adjust their submissions. The way to go is to organise another contest soonest to enable those who couldn't put in their best due to certain restrictions, to do so. Personally, I know I could do a lot better now that I have mobilized all my graphic tools. In the interim, those who made the cut MUST be rewarded according to the rule.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats to the winner - [size=70]yusufu! smiley[/size]

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Seun please open that thread so that we'll continue the party there smiley
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Jbluv55(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats to the winners:
1) yusufu16
2) lightheart
3) me-n-you
4) lincolnpix
5) egift

You guys performed wonderfully but shud note that there are other designers that wud have made it ahead of you so DO NOT RELENT in ur efforts @ improvement.

Others that fell short of one requirement/rule or the other shud accept this in good faith. Competition helps to invite improvement. smiley
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
I want to congratulate all the winners of this contest. Indeed you guys did a very good job. I also thank Seun for providing this platform for Graphics Designers in Nigeria to be part of Nairaland in meeting the demand of its advertisers. This is to make sure that any body who advertises on Nairaland would have achieve his/her goal at the end of the day.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jbluv55: Congrats to the winners:
1) yusufu16
2) lightheart
3) me-n-you
4) lincolnpix
5) egift

You guys performed wonderfully but shud note that there are other designers that wud have made it ahead of you so DO NOT RELENT in ur efforts @ improvement.

Others that fell short of one requirement/rule or the other shud accept this in good faith. Competition helps to invite improvement. smiley

Definitely there are other good designers out there who did not choose to participate in this contest.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who made an effort to join the competition. Y'all are good. cool
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
Winners announced: https://www.nairaland.com/1494985/results-dynamic-ad-design-contest Thank you all for participating in the contest.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by MeAndYou(m): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
@all: congrat
@seun: i salute ur courage.
few cmts i resvd to avoid influencing d judge.
i doubt if
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by lincolnpix(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
I’d like to thank the Nairaland Crew for once again staging this contest. It is such an honour to be part of the selected winners. Thank you all again!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by egift(m): 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
This is specially dedicated to you. Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by chivision: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have been monitoring this contest with keen interest. And I must commend seun and the participants.
Congratulations to you all.
Though I wouldn't want to doubt the impeccability of the judge in selecting the winners, the process of judgement is very unclear to me; and as such, I am highly compelled to highlight few of my reservations.

Yusuf's and lightheart's designs are questionable to me for some reasons:

1. Yusuf design was creative, but we are talking about 318x106 banner ad here, with a very limited space. As such his design would have made more impact as brochure or an offline handbill instead of 318x106 banner ad. His space management was completely subpar.

2. Looking closely at yusuf's Wizkid entry, you would have noticed the poor quality of the Wizkid pix, which is very unbecoming of a graphics champion.

3. A good graphics design must pay close attention to details and requirements. The requirement of Fashola's ad clearly stated "on the platform of ACN." So, how then should the 2nd position be the one without Fashiola's political affiliation, ACN? No name, no logo?

4. One of the criteria for disqualifying egift's entry as you rightly stated was that "the name of the university he wants us to apply for is too tiny to read." So, how then was this same rule was not extended to yusuf's and lightheart's when it's clear that they both omitted the name of the university they supposed to be advertising?

5. If granted, the only entry that should have been less questionable to be at the top was that of Me-n-you and Archmage, but I doubt if both are good politicians. lipsrsealed Simple and clear communication is the key to ad best practice, and moreso when the net, where every second count, is involved.

In summary, I believe the judge considered the faceless praise of some of the entries, which is unbecoming.
@Seun: I appreciate your resolution to bring on another contest, but remember, whatsoever is what doing is what doing well. A little compromise, a little waiver, and the purpose is destroyed.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS to all winners!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by alikodangote141: 12:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Buy Dangote cement directly from the factory in collaboration with richdere int. ltd at the rate of N800 per bag, we deliver 200 bags above and also if you need a full load, call sales manager on 07065153355 for purchase and delivery to any part of state in Nigeria
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by obidevine(m): 5:52am On Aug 10, 2014
Contact Devine on 08066696890 or 0802468543 or via email on obidevine@yahoo.com for your GPS vehicle tracking installation and services.
Do you know that installing a CAR TRACKER device and enhanced vehicle security has been a key contributing factor towards recent decreases in car theft,so as a preventative measure all of the associated costs of car theft can be potentially mitigated. In addition to this, are the insurance savings potential from adding tracking devices to vehicles; lowering insurance premiums through reduction of the likelihood of theft.

Have you ever wondered how installing a car tracker can help you reduce your insurance premiums.. Here's how ..

Modifications

Most insurance companies ask if there are any modifications added to the car when giving a quote for a vehicle. While some of them may classify a tracking device as a modification, it increases security, rather than looks or performance. Adding things like induction kits or enhanced exhaust systems can often bump up the cost of premiums and some companies don’t give the option of specifying what modifications have been added. Speak to the company on the telephone and tell them the tracker is a security measure, not a performance enhancer to make you go faster.

Safety

An increasing number of insurers are offering their own tracking devices to give drivers a lower premium. These devices monitor the driving, rather than the location of the car and are usually provided by the insurance company themselves. Having a tracker does not automatically mean your driving has to be monitored; if it’s a tracker fitted for security purposes, this may not be taken into account.

Money saver

Having a tracker fitted can help the police to find a stolen car faster, increasing the chances of returning it to its owner. This could save insurance companies money by not having to pay out for a claim, leading to them possibly offering a discount. While it varies between companies, having a tracking device fitted to a vehicle gives insurance companies the potential to offer lower premiums. The insurers might see it as drivers actively taking steps to secure their vehicle and reducing the chances of having it stolen. The reduction in processing by insurance companies means they could have less work to do in the event of a theft, allowing them to pass this saving onto motorists.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Jason713: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
My name is Sara Nicole Curphy
Date of birth March 16, 1988
Social security # 435-81-6869
I'm trying to get a loan or credit card
Address is 143 finchfield pl
Montgomery Texas , 77316

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21)

Discussion Of Nairaland's New Targeted Ads / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.