Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,669 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest - Nairaland Ads (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (92649 Views)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by naijacutee(f): 1:15am On Oct 25, 2013
@egift, I really like your entries. You've certainly put a lot of hard work and thought into them. I like your use of space, especially in the Fashola advert. I like how it isn't cluttered and you managed to get all the information on the space you were giving, without making it look overcrowded.

If there is anything you could improve on, I would say that mixing of too many font styles in one advert makes it look almost like you are trying too hard. Simplicity is often key. Also, you could work a little on communicating creatively, but one can understand that space is limited and the Nigerian audience might not respond too well to messages that involve too much brain power to decipher.

I have liked your entry and I hope you win. It is obvious that this is something you are passionate about, and you are not just doing it for the prize money, but based on this, I am tempted to send any jobs I might need doing your way. Keep improving yourself through whatever means you find available. Keep spotting opportunities whether or not there are financial incentives attached, even if it is for the sole purpose of self-improvement, and you will go far. Good graphic artists would play a key role in Seun's dynamic idea, and I think that improving your skills to produce good quality work would set you apart and create so many opportunities, both within and outside of Nairaland. Well done.

5 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by egift(m): 1:45am On Oct 25, 2013
@naijacutee:
That is so kind of you. Thanks a lot for the advice. Cheers!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bobopupa: 2:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Here are my entries.... Been waiting eagerly for this contest. So here goes nothing wink

8 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bobopupa: 2:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Didn't know how I could have spaced 'em out and labelled them like others did in their submissions but i guess each entry describes itself. Here's a variant of the Tecno entry... fingers crossed (jus thinking to myself about how safe ur ideas/concepts are once they're up here, guess i'll leave that to chance undecided )

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2013
egift:

Here is my entry, what do you think? Thank you guys.

I saw these and fell in ℓ♥√ع with them.. Really lovely

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Bobopupa: Here are my entries.... Been waiting eagerly for this contest. So here goes nothing wink

Nice job! The 2nd one is too fine jare! wink

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bobopupa: 8:37am On Oct 25, 2013
homesteady:

Nice job! The 2nd one is too fine jare! wink

Thanx alot.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2013
egift: @Seun: Here is my humble submission.

1. Fashola's presidential campaign under ACN in 2015.

2. Wizkid's wedding (invitation).

3. Covenant University, Ota (admission).

4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)

Support my submission with a LIKE. Cheers!

Fashola - On point
Wizkid - Use some wedding bells as background...
Convenant - Change the background to something showing the quality of education
BBM on Tecno - On Point

Ure very ok guy

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by princeFAD: 8:42am On Oct 25, 2013
smileysmileysmileysmiley hahahaha.Wizkid wedding on NAIRALAND.

egift: @Seun: Here is my humble submission.

1. Fashola's presidential campaign under ACN in 2015.

2. Wizkid's wedding (invitation).

3. Covenant University, Ota (admission).

4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)

Support my submission with a LIKE. Cheers!
smiley

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 25, 2013
naijacutee: @egift, I really like your entries. You've certainly put a lot of hard work and thought into them. I like your use of space, especially in the Fashola advert. I like how it isn't cluttered and you managed to get all the information on the space you were giving, without making it look overcrowded.

If there is anything you could improve on, I would say that mixing of too many font styles in one advert makes it look almost like you are trying too hard. Simplicity is often key. Also, you could work a little on communicating creatively, but one can understand that space is limited and the Nigerian audience might not respond too well to messages that involve too much brain power to decipher.

I have liked your entry and I hope you win. It is obvious that this is something you are passionate about, and you are not just doing it for the prize money, but based on this, I am tempted to send any jobs I might need doing your way. Keep improving yourself through whatever means you find available. Keep spotting opportunities whether or not there are financial incentives attached, even if it is for the sole purpose of self-improvement, and you will go far. Good graphic artists would play a key role in Seun's dynamic idea, and I think that improving your skills to produce good quality work would set you apart and create so many opportunities, both within and outside of Nairaland. Well done.

The guy is a real designer and I give it to him. He knows how to use his tools and I doubt if he hasnt taken the User Interaction course cos he interacts well.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Bobopupa: Here are my entries.... Been waiting eagerly for this contest. So here goes nothing wink

Guy please redo the Fashola and Tecno own abeg... you can do better... all others are okay.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by hairbraiding: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2013
Egift has won smiley

The spatial arrangement, choice of colors, and the minimal text, allowing the viewer to read Strong punch lines and not Essays makes that submission stand out.

the adverts are visually appealing. Good job

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by planetuzor(m): 8:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Booked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by sweetpoison(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2013
The issue with dis contest is that the design is more about what Seun likes NOT realli about what's great....I hate doing a one-man-show stuff...if there were panel of judges...twill have bin berra...I wish y'all luck in trying to win the 30,000 to buy techno phantom dudes

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Rajman(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2013
coming wit mine; gotcha
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bobopupa: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2013
ledafaze:

Guy please redo the Fashola and Tecno own abeg... you can do better... all others are okay.

Noted. Thanx
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Acidosis(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2013
emmyw: Fashola 2015,& Covenant University, Ota
(admission).

one would think you're a guru/genius as you claim in your signature...

I'd advise you dump all those broke funny self acclaimed childish & irrelevant titles meant for empty-head trying too hard folks..

Dump that s¡lly "guru" title and go find a real tutor with several years of experience and portfolio in graphics..

I really don't know why Nigerians decieve themselves with funny titles...

In one word ... Your work na crap
..looks like one of those s¡lly clip arts on Instant Arstist..

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by BigBlackDick: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2013
Space Booked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2013
sweetpoison: The issue with dis contest is that the design is more about what Seun likes NOT realli about what's great....I hate doing a one-man-show stuff...if there were panel of judges...twill have bin berra...I wish y'all luck in trying to win the 30,000 to buy techno phantom dudes.
(1) It's really not about what I like. It's about what works, based on data we've been collecting over the past year. (2) I will certainly take everyone's feedback into consideration before making the final decision. (3) I will ask several smart friends to rate the entries in private.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Acidosis:

I'd advise you dump all those broke funny self acclaimed childish & irrelevant titles meant for empty-head trying too hard folks..

Dump that s¡lly "guru" title and go find a real tutor with several years of experience and portfolio in graphics..

grin grin grin #painful Truth
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
Nice, but you should know that ads with punchy colours and beautiful pictures of people & products are clicked far more often. You can do better!

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2013
Acidosis:

Hahahahahahaha

But in those very late 90s and early 00s, dem na the baba o
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2013
So far I like egift's work.. Its simple and catchy. Still waiting to see others sha.. Goodluck to all participants!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by otodeluxe(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2013
I did two Banners for Uncle Babatunde Fashola (SAN). The first one is without ACN logo..both for ur perusal Uncle Seun smiley I'm waiting ooo!

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Bobopupa: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Seun: Nice, but you should know that ads with punchy colours and beautiful pictures of people & products are clicked far more often. You can do better!

Thanx 4 ur remarks. Gonna send in revisions.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by emmyw(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2013
Acidosis:

Well i uploaded it via phone,and for the title,i neva gave myself a title,dats what people call me,and from today you wil meet people that have mouth like u,YOU HAVE COME TO THE BUSTOP,YOU WILL EVER REGRET THOSE WORDS YOU SAID,i don't want to insult u but i tell u people like u spoil nigeria,if its in foreign country,u don't say wat is none of ur bis.i wil surely pray over it,cos i neva wrong anyone here.people like you don't even achieve anything in life,cos they wil b buzy lukin 4 wat 2 say,putin woman in their profile,answerin deadly name.Boasting,laughin at odas while dey can't do.and that empty head u called me,u wil always meet it.cos d bible said that the wicked wil nöt go unpunished.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by redcliff: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Beesqueezy:

I saw these and fell in ℓ♥√ع with them.. Really lovely

why wouldn't it be the best when there is nothing better? lol
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by redcliff: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2013
naijacutee: @egift, I really like your entries. You've certainly put a lot of hard work and thought into them. I like your use of space, especially in the Fashola advert. I like how it isn't cluttered and you managed to get all the information on the space you were giving, without making it look overcrowded.

why wouldn't it be the best when there is nothing better? lol

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Fynestboi: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2013
no time angry sad sad
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2013
emmyw: Well i uploaded it via phone,and for the title,i neva gave myself a title,dats what people call me,and from today you wil meet people that have mouth like u,YOU HAVE COME TO THE BUSTOP,YOU WILL EVER REGRET THOSE WORDS YOU SAID,i don't want to insult u but i tell u people like u spoil nigeria,if its in foreign country,u don't say wat is none of ur bis.i wil surely pray over it,cos i neva wrong anyone here.people like you don't even achieve anything in life,cos they wil b buzy lukin 4 wat 2 say,putin woman in their profile,answerin deadly name.Boasting,laughin at odas while dey can't do.and that empty head u called me,u wil always meet it.cos d bible said that the wicked wil nöt go unpunished.

Eya! cry stories that touch the heart!
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by bennymdbch(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2013
@egift,,, ur work is really nice.. good job and i hope u win the competition

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2013
otodeluxe: I did two Banners for Uncle Babatunde Fashola (SAN). The first one is without ACN logo..both for ur perusal Uncle Seun smiley I'm waiting ooo!
Nice one... but the AD does not show anything Nigerian... Only shows the Political Symbol... to me, na party man him be not a full blown nigerian. Change ur strategy guy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.