Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest - Nairaland Ads (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (92715 Views)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
egift: @Seun: Here is my humble submission.

1. Fashola's presidential campaign under ACN in 2015.

2. Wizkid's wedding (invitation).

3. Covenant University, Ota (admission).

4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)

Thanks for supporting my submission. Cheers!
* Your banners must be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, in the PNG/JPG format, 30kb or less in file size, and border-less.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
Seun: Dear Graphic Designer,

Here is another opportunity to show our advertisers what you can do!

Design an original and compelling banner ad to promote each of the following
1. Fashola's presidential campaign under ACN in 2015.
2. Wizkid's wedding (invitation).
3. Covenant University, Ota (admission).
4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)

Rules:
* Your banners must be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, in the PNG/JPG format, 30kb or less in file size, and border-less.
* If you use pictures or graphic images, they must be obviously related to the product/service that's being advertised.
* You must be based in Nigeria or have a means of accepting payment from advertisers based in Nigeria.
* Entries must be submitted as attachments on this thread on or before 6:00PM on Sunday the 27th of October, 2013.

Prize:
* The top 5 contestants will win 30,000 naira, 25,000 naira, 20,000 naira, 15,000 naira and 10,000 naira respectively.
* Payment shall be made in the form of Nairaland Dynamic Ad Credit, which they will be free to use as they please.
Ayomidewunmi:

@yusufu16 you have a nice concept, but there are opinion or let say advice, the techno android ad design looks out of specification, though many designer have follow this root except Folyboy2013 who i believe have create an astonish designs. reasons: you are to advertise bbm on techno android not techno android phones, to my opinion, displaying phones illustrate new release of new model. for example Folyboy2013 as display this, that direct you to what you exactly illustrating without using any phones. you are good designer but need to read more on the principles of designer, good designs are design with a unique symbol but great designs are design with a unique simplicity. amazon logo for example. googluck

Thank you for your comment but when you check above bolded, you would know that Seun wants to promote BBM on Techno Phone and not what you claimed to be. I think a picture of Techno Phone is very important
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Ayomidewunmi: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
yusufu16:

Thank you for your comment but when you check above bolded, you would know that Seun wants to promote BBM on Techno Phone and not what you claimed to be. I think a picture of Techno Phone is very important

yusufu16 i read that before and i understand clearly, get my point, seun is not promoting a series of techno android phones but all techno android using bbm as an advantage. to make it more accurate you can design a concept without displaying none of the techno phone but making use of the bbm and android symbol to make more louder. like example, if you are to design a banner that speaks for both young and old...there is a way to illustrate a better concept that represent but old and young in a more dinamic way, showing old people symbol without the young people can forfeit the message you are passing across.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by princeaduro(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
hotting!hotting!!hotting!!! Ayomidewunmi, please dont become lecturer o, abeg you go they strict and difficult to deceive. shocked shocked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by redcliff: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
sultanemerald:

LOL. Smh.

Lmao! Double platinum copies sold
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by ObeweTech(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
booked
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by mj(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Thanks all, I have updated my entry, no more ask the audience, phone a friend or 50/50, that's my final submission. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ayomidewunmi:

yusufu16 i read that before and i understand clearly, get my point, seun is not promoting a series of techno android phones but all techno android using bbm as an advantage. to make it more accurate you can design a concept without displaying none of the techno phone but making use of the bbm and android symbol to make more louder. like example, if you are to design a banner that speaks for both young and old...there is a way to illustrate a better concept that represent but old and young in a more dinamic way, showing old people symbol without the young people can forfeit the message you are passing across.

showing BBM without a Techno phone can also forfeit the message you are passing across, You cannot advertise car oil or fuel without a car or engine. It goes a long way in creating the lasting impression you want on your customers. In advertising, relevant pictures, icons, illustrations, cartoons, etc create much better impression than just normal text.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by kingk(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
This is mine just for the fun.

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
yusufu16:

showing BBM without a Techno phone can also forfeit the message you are passing across, You cannot advertise car oil or fuel without a car or engine. It goes a long way in creating the lasting impression you want on your customers. In advertising, relevant pictures, icons, illustrations, cartoons, etc create much better impression than just normal text.

i think ayomidewunmi is right. like you said, displaying a particular car like bmw speak for the product, displaying an engine speaks for the whole product, dnt confuse your self. instead of showing off a phone why not the android symbol. with the techno name already in the right up.

reasons to advise, dont fight them. the best designs of the century are design off the computer, which are word design. dnont think you kno it all, accept criticism and work on it. that will make you exceptional.

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by erad(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ayomidewunmi:

Mr. Ayomidewunmi...
I had no intention of partaking in any discussions or arguments here but i felt there's a need to enlighten you based on what you think is appropriate for the tecno banner. the brief clearly states "4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)"... Going by your opinion, how does one advertise the tecno "brand" without reference to a tecno phone?? Android is a OS running on tecno and similar mobile phone brands and isn't even exclusive to tecno. Therefore leaving out a tecno phone on the banner and illustrating android instead is 'completely' off-brief. I'm not trying to challenge your authority, just stating this so you don't confuse other contestants.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by princeaduro(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
erad:

Mr. Ayomidewunmi...
I had no intention of partaking in any discussions or arguments here but i felt there's a need to enlighten you based on what you think is appropriate for the tecno banner. the brief clearly states "4. BBM on Tecno Android Phones (promoting Tecno phones)"... Going by your opinion, how does one advertise the tecno "brand" without reference to a tecno phone?? Android is a OS running on tecno and similar mobile phone brands and isn't even exclusive to tecno. Therefore leaving out a tecno phone on the banner and illustrating android instead is 'completely' off-brief. I'm not trying to challenge your authority, just stating this so you don't confuse other contestants.

Thank you.

clearly understand your start, but believe Ayomidewunmi also speaks the truth, tell me if you are to design Techno logo, would putting a Techno phone be a mandate.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
No matter how good your entry, if it has any typographical error, or if it falls short of any of the rules, then it will automatically be disqualified. cool
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
Guys.Please stay focussed.
@Ayomidewunmi:Please keep your lectures to yourself.You are derailing this thread.
@mj: That's the spirit
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
folyboy2013:

i think ayomidewunmi is right. like you said, displaying a particular car like bmw speak for the product, displaying an engine speaks for the whole product, dnt confuse your self. instead of showing off a phone why not the android symbol. with the techno name already in the right up.

reasons to advise, dont fight them. the best designs of the century are design off the computer, which are word design. dnont think you kno it all, accept criticism and work on it. that will make you exceptional.

Thank you Sir. We are here to learn even though its a contest that Seun and his judges would have the final say. Remember, there are so many Graphic Designers who are far better than us, who for reasons best known to them would not like to participate in this contest. We learn by criticism and experience. Remember I did not mention anybody's name or condemn anybody. I simply present I think. THANK YOU folyboy2013
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by iamswizz(m): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
still observing
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Ayomidewunmi: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Web Contractor: Guys.Please stay focussed.
@Ayomidewunmi:Please keep your lectures to yourself.You are derailing this thread.
@mj: That's the spirit

lol..this would be my last comment.

my final world. I never derail this thread, but makes the artist grow hotter, and put in some vision. if that disturb you, dont read my post and if any of my lectures affect anybody, stop reading my right up. no be by force now. mttcheewww undecided
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by erad(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
princeaduro:

clearly understand your start, but believe Ayomidewunmi also speaks the truth, tell me if you are to design Techno logo, would putting a Techno phone be a mandate.

Now you are just trying to complicate the matter. Designing a tecno logo will come with its brief and if it states anything relating to a mobile illustration, i'll work along that line. Don't compare a logo to a banner please, they serve very different purposes and cover different scopes.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by SincereBigot: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Heres mine!

Dnt criticize me too much ooo.. Lol...

Nadia no vex ooo..

4 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by folyboy2013: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
yusufu16:

Thank you Sir. We are here to learn even though its a contest that Seun and his judges would have the final say. Remember, there are so many Graphic Designers who are far better than us, who for reasons best known to them would not like to participate in this contest. We learn by criticism and experience. Remember I did not mention anybody's name or condemn anybody. I simply present I think. THANK YOU folyboy2013

clearly understand Yusuf, and i love your design. i love entering contest a lot, because that have improve my skills. i have win a logo contest at different website. logomyway.com, 99designs.com, crowdspring.com and mycroburst.com...
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by yusufu16: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ayomidewunmi:

lol..this would be my last comment.

my final world. I never derail this thread, but makes the artist grow hotter, and put in some vision. if that disturb you, dont read my post and if any of my lectures affect anybody, stop reading my right up. no be by force now. mttcheewww undecided

No Ayomidewunmi we like your criticism. I will keep on reviewing my designs based on positive criticism before the dateline.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by qeemus: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
My entry

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by fabzizy93(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
My submission. click 'like' if you love what you see

6 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Ayomidewunmi: 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
yusufu16:

No Ayomidewunmi we like your criticism. I will keep on reviewing my designs based on positive criticism before the dateline.

yusufu16 i am sorry...till the final winners have been selected...i will be speechless.
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by iamswizz(m): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sincere Bigot: Heres mine!

Dnt criticize me too much ooo.. Lol.. Im just 18.. And still a learner... Lol.

Nadia no vex ooo..
forget it! You have won already... Haa! 18yrs? And you can design something like this? This is incredible!

Thats why i tell people, start learning these things from as early as 10yrs.. But instead, they prefer chasing girls..

Tell me how this boy wont be able to create employment for himself?

Please Seun, how can i vote for this dude.. I guess he's the underdog a poster was talking about..

It seems he's the only one that understood that wizkid's wedding IV.. Its an iv for christ sakes.. I dont know what others were posting.

In addition.. +1000 likes

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by iamswizz(m): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
qeemus: My entry
u go fear entry na
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by AbuMikey(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2013

Nadia no vex ooo..

Nadia_SA!!!

Nice one bro

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1381085_WIZZY_JPG9f9b1f271e9e7c544c4544d5ab078d31

5 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2013

Nadia no vex ooo..
grin cheesy where u get that pic sef..

1 Like

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by homesteady(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
mj: Thanks, Updated.

You've just made me very angry! angry why did you change that wizkid poster! C'mon that was the finest! Its like 20 times better than the new one!
Biko please change it back! smiley
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Situation: 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anthony4578: Humbly sir
buuuuuuaaaahhhhh!!!! gringringrin seriously
lol.if I were fashola I would commit sucide than campaign. with that, I rather stay illiterate than skul ina skul with such banner, I. would definitely wouldn't have bought my iPhone in. such a shop. with that ad, and most definitely I would kill the. designer of that IV for my wedding. ....sorry I'm was born wicked grin
Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by Lepatohset(f): 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Heres mine! Please be nice o. ASUU motivated me to learn this on my own. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest by AbuMikey(m): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anthony4578: Humbly sir

Choi! gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22)

Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.