Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project (25760 Views)

Demolition: Aged Landlords Protest Non Payment Of N2bn Compensation / Demolition Of Structures Ongoing At Opobo-Junction, Aba (Photos) / HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by feelamong(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
theoctopus: @op, you are an iddiott and government scycophant trying to profit from other people's woes. Almost everyone whose house is being demolished got clearance from the state government agencies. The same agencies that give these approvals are the ones who turn back and call it fake. And the gov is turning a blind eye because he doesn't want to pay compensation. It is ridiculous for you to claim that people who spent millions to buy land and build houses didn't go to government for approval. If it was fg now, you would have been shouting and talking nonsense that they should settle everyone. You people are just evil people but the people will respond in 2015. Stay tuned

SHARRAP THERE!!

Na people like you after stealing govt money in Abuja would come and be so much in a hurry to launder the money in real estate and would not be patient enough to do the necessary checks or even pay a good lawyer to do the checks for you!

Really sad for them all... but this is why i always advise people to apply caution when going into estate deals!!

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by cashkidvsboko(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
plx,wat is omoniles
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
cashkid vs boko: plx,wat is omoniles

ancestral land owners. they are usually the first settlers in a particular area and the land has been passed on from one generation to another. they 'own' the land and sell it to interested individuals.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Afam4eva(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Is someone implying that the owners of those houses will not be settled?
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ruchidera(f): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is serious sad
Hope the owners of those properties are relocated/compensated before the demolition angry?
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by cashkidvsboko(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ralphlauren:

ancestral land owners. they are usually the first settlers in a particular area and the land has been passed on from one generation to another. they 'own' the land and sell it to interested individuals.

tanx bro bt ar they scammin pple
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Is someone implying that the owners of those houses will not be settled?

legally, NO. Except they have the Certificate of Occupancy to the land in question.

the Land Use Act is quite clear when it comes to the issue of compensation for land compulsorily acquired by the government .
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
cashkid vs boko: tanx bro bt ar they scammin pple

these days, they are rogues but back in the 70s, 80 and even early 90s-late 90s, they were honourable people
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by mojeer678: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beaf!:
Hmmm I can see you are informing the public and advertising your company at the same time.

Any crime in that? Some people sef!!!!
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by CLIQBOY(m): 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
theoctopus: @op, you are an iddiott and government scycophant trying to profit from other people's woes. Almost everyone whose house is being demolished got clearance from the state government agencies. The same agencies that give these approvals are the ones who turn back and call it fake. And the gov is turning a blind eye because he doesn't want to pay compensation. It is ridiculous for you to claim that people who spent millions to buy land and build houses didn't go to government for approval. If it was fg now, you would have been shouting and talking nonsense that they should settle everyone. You people are just evil people but the people will respond in 2015. Stay tuned
smh.. You fuckiing r3tard
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by mojeer678: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ralphlauren:

legally, NO. Except they have the Certificate of Occupancy to the land in question.

the Land Use Act is quite clear when it comes to the issue of compensation for land compulsorily acquired by the government .

C of O isn't the only proof of title, a Governor's Consent & building permit will be tenable to qualify you for government compensation.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by cashkidvsboko(m): 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ralphlauren:

these days, they are rogues but back in the 70s, 80 and even early 90s-late 90s, they were honourable people
tanx for d info bt we hv genuine ones among them
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by 4chi: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beaf!:
Hmmm I can see you are informing the public and advertising your company at the same time.

Ambulance chasing!!! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by engrj(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ok am in that area am coming let me add m own.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
mojeer678:

C of O isn't the only proof of title, a Governor's Consent & building permit will be tenable to qualify you for government compensation.

Governor's consent is the same thing as C of O. dont get it twisted.

building permit on its own will NOT qualify you for compensation.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
cashkid vs boko: tanx for d info bt we hv genuine ones among them

yep. we do. its all about being very discerning and streetwise and knowing who to deal with within the 'ancestral family'.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by mojeer678: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ruchidera: This is serious sad
Hope the owners of those properties are relocated/compensated before the demolition angry?

Only and only if they have proof of valid title e.g. C of O, Governor's Consent AND Building Permit!

In the absence of the above, they'll get nada, zit, nothing, if they're not even charged to court for flouting govt regulations regarding property development in unlawful areas.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Okijajuju1(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is sad but thats the price of development...

My problem is the Government. They are well aware of the problems people face from community|Omo niles in the purchasing of lands and yet they have not come out to resolve this.

How difficult is it for the Government to have a well detailed Map that shows the following;

1. How the Lands in the area has been mapped
2. Who owns what land.
3. How many meters have been alllocated for roads.
4. Area for Water
5. Area for Electricity
6. Area for gas.
7. School Area
8. Play Ground

e.t.c..

My fathers first Land he bought in this life was a scam from the community. Its really sad that in a country like Nigeria where people suffer to get jobs, save to acquire properties and pay off the mortgages on those properties and when they are just aboutto settle down and start reaping the fruits of their hard labour, HERE COMES THE GOVERNMENT BULLDOZERS.. angry

- Where was the Local Government, State Government, Urban and Regional Planning, F.G when these people were building on these lands?
- And if my memory serves me right, anybody building a house has to obtain a series of approvals from the government to build so the government can feign not knowing abouty these building..

Sadly, the government remains well within their rights to carry out demolitions of illegally built structures without recourse or compensation.. But the Government should either fully take over all Lands in the federation and sell it to Nigerians themselves (without community influence) or Show us on both the Website of the Urban and regional planning of each state and their offices the deleaniation of each land, showing size and use. angry

My heart goes out to all affected persons..

WORD OF THE GODS:: My People, please only buy Lands from the Federal Government.. Its easier to verify, You cannot be harrassed by Local and State governments during development of said lands & You stand lesser risk of demolition in the future due to illegal acquisition/use of said Lands.. It may cost more, but it will last you longer..

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by ikeyman00(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
@@@

so much illegalities going on over there!

this is evil and need to be stopped!
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
mojeer678:

Only and only if they have proof of valid title e.g. C of O, Governor's Consent AND Building Permit!

In the absence of the above, they'll get nada, zit, nothing, if they're not even charged to court for flouting govt regulations regarding property development in unlawful areas.

Governor's consent is the same thing as C of O. dont get it twisted.

building permit on its own will NOT qualify you for compensation.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by OlowoB(m): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2013

Pls what is d cause of dis ur rants? Y are u foaming in d mouth? Are u epileptic? In as much as I feel sorry for those affected by dis demolition, it must be said dat if any of d affected people have a CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY, then they really have nothing 2 fear cos they can easily sue for adequate compensation from d govt but I guess majority of d people affected don't have their complete documents and so they are at a loss.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Ralphlauren(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Is someone implying that the owners of those houses will not be settled?

i am NOT 100 percent certain but i think If they have old receipts and documents dating back to the colonial area or before a certain year (i cant remember exactly), that might be accepted and they might be eligible for some compensation. however, the government is smart and they are aware that these docs may have been forged.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by OlowoB(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
@okija juju. Wonderful, well articulated post from u. I think d govt should really think along dat line.
I feel so sorry for those affected.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
theoctopus: @op, you are an iddiott and government scycophant trying to profit from other people's woes. Almost everyone whose house is being demolished got clearance from the state government agencies. The same agencies that give these approvals are the ones who turn back and call it fake. And the gov is turning a blind eye because he doesn't want to pay compensation. It is ridiculous for you to claim that people who spent millions to buy land and build houses didn't go to government for approval.

Wrong! When you buy a land (or before you buy land), you are to go to the 'town-planning' to confirm if that land is appropriate for construction and not obstructing or meant for any future infrastructural development. Then you get the 'C of O' of the land and you are okay:

1. Most Nigerians don't do this - This is what it leads to tongue. DEMOLITION!
2. Some Nigerians do; but when they discover the lands are not legit, they bribe officials and get fake approvals - Sooner or later, it will still lead to demolition! tongue.
3. Some don't even bother about any paper work....they inherited the land from their great great great grand father - Yimu! Na demolition go end am if the land is illegal for construction.

Trust me, if Nigeria is to be more developed......over half of Nigerian structures will be brought down. They are mostly illegal. And that's why you see houses packed together like sardine without motorable linking roads. They just make cities look unplanned. Nigerians should just do things right! Verify your land before starting your construction. Even if you no get money to get the C of O now, just go to town planning to check the status of your land! If it is okay, you can always get your C of O later on (but make sure it is not too long. If another person go acquire your land (I'm sure it's not impossible in Naija grin), you are on your own ....and that one na another palava)

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Bioluwise(m): 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
ride on amosu wipe them comot
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by geeez: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
I'm surprised people chose to remain in those houses and shops after they were marked for demolition

The notice and extent of the demolition is already clear from the markings on the fences and walls and all the landlords needed to do was get a tape

I know this road and I used to have an aunt who lives around Alagbole and each time I visited, I was always too sure th buildings will have to leave someday. Some of those houses should have been there for over three decades

I commend Amosun for taking this awesome initiative

I'm proud to be Yoruba

God bless Ogun

God bless Yoruba land

God bless every Yoruba man, woman, boy or girl.

We have everything it takes to be anything we want

Ile Yoruba o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Egbagirl(f): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
To those who will not be compensated, it is clearly a lack of proper education and that is both the fault of the government and the people. It is the duty of the government to adequately inform its people and the it is the duty of the people to seek answers to questions from the government. That one person is well known in a neighborhood and is constantly hailed as Baale/Chief or whatever does not mean he is the government or that he knows every law of the book. Sometimes we treat ordinary people like they are the government and we treat the government like they are ordinary citizens.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Polio: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
I expect the victims should have been duely consulted, compensated and resettled before this demolition commenced otherwise ......
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Whiteguru: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ Lawyer, can you swear by Sango that you have not done business with any of these landlords whose houses are now being destroyed!?

However i comend your effort at photography.
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by born2boink(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
Peoplee shouting C of 0 as if something they could just get with just 100,000.. The cost of getting this is close to buying another land and fear of getting rip off by the lawyer nko? Someone who couldn't even afford to buiild a bungallow,you expect him to go for C of O? Weird
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by patostation(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
This is government recklessness. Many of these state governments wait until people develop an area before they come in to start demolishing peoples' property worth billions of naira. They will never map out the roads, drainage and walkways until people have used their pension and other hard earned money to build their houses with even government-approved plans. Then the "government in power" will wake up and remember that they will build express roads, housing estates and other things there. Many of the unfortunate landowners will end up not getting compensated. Very sad
Re: Demolition Going On At Ojudu/Alagbole For The Ogun Road Project by Polio: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
pato station: This is government recklessness. Many of these state governments wait until people develop an area before they come in to start demolishing peoples' property worth billions of naira. They will never map out the roads, drainage and walkways until people have used their pension and other hard earned money to build their houses with even government-approved plans. Then the "government in power" will wake up and remember that they will build express roads, housing estates and other things there. Many of the unfortunate landowners will end up not getting compensated. Very sad

Some valid points there..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / Building Collapses In UNIZIK, Awka, Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.