Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers (38082 Views)

Warning!! Etisalat Monthly 1gb For 1000 Naira Is A Scam! / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 24, 2013
please note that used iPhones have become scarce in the market now (and in some cases, more expensive) due to the activation lock feature on ios 7

if u go to the market or u want to buy iphone already running ios7 from anyone , it is not enough to check with your sim if its locked or unlocked, or if u can see d apps.

YOU MUST GO TO ICLOUD SETTINGS AND BE SURE THAT FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF BEFORE BUYING. If it is ON, tell the seller to switch it off, if he cant switch if off for whatever reason, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

This is a must because once u buy and start using the fone to browse without switching off "find my iphone", d real owner (if it was stolen or lost) will get a mail that the phone has been found. he will now have control over the iphone and can lock it with his own chosen passcode which means u wont be able to use d iphone.he can even wipe the fone. At this point, it will be difficult to return the iphone to the seller.

you wont be able to restore/upgrade from itunes EXCEPT you turn off find my iphone. if you force d restore using DFU mode, then it becomes worse.before you can activate the fone, u MUST enter the apple id and password that enabled find my iphone before the restore (that's d activation lock feature). there is no way to bypass that for now and your iphone will be sooooo useless except u sell as parts.

So be careful.

this warning applies to mainly stolen iphones, but u never know if d fone u wanna buy here was stolen abroad.

i know some sellers will be mad at me now but the truth must be told

43 Likes

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2013
Let me get something straight "all iphone buyers"?

or are you passing this message to the "Stolen iPhone" buyers?
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2013
2ndOGA: Let me get something straight "all iphoe buyers"?

or are you passing this message to the "Stolen iPhone" buyers?

how do u know if d iphone you are buying is not stolen

FYI, if u buy my personal iphone and i have "find my iphone" enabled, and u went back to your location( maybe u came from kaduna), u wont be able to sign into icloud or restore your backup if i dont disable with my password (i wont give u my password and i wont change it because of u), u will have to come back to disable d feature. so its not only for those buying stolen iphones(as if they know thats what they are buying)

Or if u buy a fone from ebay or amazon or any online site, how do u know d fone is not stolen. if u can fall victim even after physically checking the fone without going to icloud settings, how much more for online purchase.

9 Likes

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 24, 2013
op thanks.

If ios 7 security na my gateman, i go sleep leave door open. Make i see where the thief wan pass enter.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by olawhale1: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks to Tumababa! Saved me from activation locked iphone.
Thanks
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2013
olawhale1: Thanks to Tumababa! Saved me from activation locked iphone.
Thanks

U welcome. Did u see d iphone or it was an online transaction?
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by olawhale1: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
i saw the iphone it was just like new 32gb but i didnt get tempted thanks to Tumababa

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by write2obi(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks @Op for this info, i want to buy an iphone4 or 4s, real soon, pls where and how much can I get a uk used once? Am in lagos?

Secondly how do i know if the phone is running ios5, ios6 or ios7

Finally those the above info also apply to ios5 and ios6?
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
write2obi: Thanks @Op for this info, i want to buy an iphone4 or 4s, real soon, pls where and how much can I get a uk used once? Am in lagos?

Secondly how do i know if the phone is running ios5, ios6 or ios7

Finally those the above info also apply to ios5 and ios6?

Only ios7. Contact me wen ready
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Gbade60: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
I don hear
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Sllowppoisoon: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
K
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Fishout(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is no concern me.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by nairaarea: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
OK
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by yomalex(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
alright
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Idrismusty97(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
This phone too get wahala o.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by slimola(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Contact me for i-cloud account password remover on ios 7
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Lilimax(f): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Good information though smiley

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Idrismusty97: This phone too get wahala o.

e too get wahala or d security too much

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by keg90(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dat na for d shubby goods buyers
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by alaladakosta(f): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
very good and educative and informative and reorentive info Lol,watch ur back" Mr" ,computer village boy dey find u o.lol
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Idrismusty97(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa:

e too get wahala or d security too much
Anyone e get all na problems o.
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by walesho(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
tumababa: please note that used iPhones have become scarce in the market now (and in some cases, more expensive) due to the activation lock feature on ios 7

if u go to the market or u want to buy iphone already running ios7 from anyone , it is not enough to check with your sim if its locked or unlocked, or if u can see d apps.

YOU MUST GO TO ICLOUD SETTINGS AND BE SURE THAT FIND MY IPHONE IS OFF BEFORE BUYING. If it is ON, tell the seller to switch it off, if he cant switch if off for whatever reason, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

This is a must because once u buy and start using the fone to browse without switching off "find my iphone", d real owner (if it was stolen or lost) will get a mail that the phone has been found. he will now have control over the iphone and can lock it with his own chosen passcode which means u wont be able to use d iphone.he can even wipe the fone. At this point, it will be difficult to return the iphone to the seller.

you wont be able to restore/upgrade from itunes EXCEPT you turn off find my iphone. if you force d restore using DFU mode, then it becomes worse.before you can activate the fone, u MUST enter the apple id and password that enabled find my iphone before the restore (that's d activation lock feature). there is no way to bypass that for now and your iphone will be sooooo useless except u sell as parts.

So be careful.

this warning applies to mainly stolen iphones, but u never know if d fone u wanna buy here was stolen abroad.

i know some sellers will be mad at me now but the truth must be told

Guy u are absolutely right, this same issue came up in computer village and computer gurus were unable to by pass it. I really welcome this new idea of ios 7 by apple
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by babywhale(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
@op does the find my iphone feature give exact location of the phone when stolen?

Babywhale: premiumhairsng
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Rejoice5000(f): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Why the info@ post are u a iphone snatcher

1 Like

Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by bufness(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
lipsrsealed[i]i reserve my comment[/i]
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by 4reigningqueen: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
tell them
Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by Etumgbe(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
I always buy new phones. So OP dis ur topic is not meant for me.

Next topic pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.