Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 (38187 Views)

Infinix Hot X557 VS Infinix Hot 3 X554 - See The Similarities And Difference / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5W With 5 Inch HD Display Officially Launched (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
I had quite a dilemma last week deciding what present to buy for my younger sister on her upcoming birthday. I finally decided to buy an android smart phone for her. This, mostly to prove to her how better android phones perform compared to her current blackberry device.

After stream lining my entire android phone choices to INFINIX HOT2 and GIONEE P5W, because bank status and economy, I want to share with you how I arrived at my final choice.

The GIONEE P5W and the INFINIX HOT 2 share a couple of features aside both of them being Chinese brand products. They both have the same OS and screen resolution. I preferred the body build of the Gionee P5w because allowed for better handling; we know girls can be careless (sorry, careful). Also, both phones have 16GB internal storage space.

One edge the HOT 2 has over the P5W is in battery capacity with a 200mAh difference between them. Lastly, the P5W has a single 1GB RAM option while the INFINIX has a 1GB and 2GB RAM options. (but you know, performance no be by number)

On the plus side for GIONEE, firstly, the P5W has a stronger processor. Compared to the HOT 2, which has merely a 1.3GHz processor, the P5W has 1.5GHz processor speed (I wanted her to enjoy speed way better than her current BB).
Another edge I noticed the P5W has over the HOT 2 is in terms of warranty. The GIONEE phone offers a 15-months warranty while the INFINIX phone offers just 12 months- long warranty.

Upon unboxing, the Gionee P5w came with three colorful back cases, as well as a condom pouch and a leather pouch. For those that prefer light devices, the Gionee P5w would be your take home device.

I had the opportunity to handle both devices at my office a few days before I decided on what to buy. Something particularly funny happened when I compared the camera quality of both devices, the Infinix Hot 2 didn’t seem to control light intake like the Gionee P5w did. I think the P5w did better, I only know little about pictures. Zooming in further on both pictures would surprise you though.

However, the INFINIX HOT 2 has an 8MP rear camera while the GIONEE P5W has a 5MP rear camera. But after comparing images taken at the same spot by both phones, I would say the Gionee’s camera is better, the pictures I took are below.

1 Share

Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by jericco1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
Condom angry angry
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Vicar2015(m): 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
So all these phone manufacturers would be fooling us with plenty megapixels and we go dey happy....God is watching you guys in 5D.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Phonewiz: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Wowww. Everyone should be made aware of this thread. I always knee Infinix were skilled at deception. This is a very good article.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Infinix don fall my hand . Na so them go dey pack pixels into cameras wey no get shooting power

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Mariamo88: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
My God is working. I bought my gionee p5w in December and computer village boys wanted to scam me to buying infinix. Liars. Just like our politicians. I am loving my phone.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Mariamo88: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
No fear of God at all
temitiipsy:
Infinix don fall my hand . Na so them go dey pack pixels into cameras wey no get shooting power
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Yommieland: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
Been using this since Christmas and I must commend the camera quality. Clear at night
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by mogreen22: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice review sir. I have never particularly been fooled by numbers. The iPhone just has 12mp and its better than most phones here. Same thing with this gionee a 5mp doing better than the 8mp. That's really good.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by tempem: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thanks, man... detailed review( I mean what we need to know). You were honest too...

Though, am a gionee fan.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by mogreen22: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
I must say, quite evidently, the p5w has more natural colors than the infinix.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by mogreen22: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
Might eventually buy this for my sister too. She is just 16,ask she needs is a budget phone. Lol
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Kyase(m): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
see partial .
ojoru ojoru.
Hot 2 is my new wife and I don't joke with it
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Yinkade(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
Oh well, this phone doesn't look bad but then my budgets is actually more than this. Looking to get t the m5 but tis is also very good, well atleast based on the price
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by onyekaez: 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
Love how they were both snapped in the same spot to show how great the Gionee camera quality is.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by fatdon2(m): 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
You forgot to mention their prizes, how much do both phones cost?
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Kaffytee01: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
Na wa. Later they will say gionee it's not good. Just see now. Yeye infinix. See the clear pictures, with a difference of 3MP, pure scam
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Kaffytee01: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
But what is the difference in price though?
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
THEY ARE BOTH ABOUT THE SAME PRICE SIR. 20 —21K. DEPENDING ON DOLLAR IN YOUR AREA
fatdon2:
You forgot to mention their prizes, how much do both phones cost?
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
HONESTLY, NONE AT ALL
Kaffytee01:
But what is the difference in price though?
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
ERRM... YES! CONDOM :/
jericco1:
Condom angry angry
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
Quick pictures after unboxing this baby

Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
HONESTLY, ALLAH IS WATCHING THEM. THOSE CHINESE NIGGAS GIVING FAKE MEGAPIXELS. SCAMMING THE IGNORANT WITH NUMBERS.
Vicar2015:
So all these phone manufacturers would be fooling us with plenty megapixels and we go dey happy....God is watching you guys in 5D.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by TJKay: 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
BABA. ARE YOU FROM GHANA? WHY IS YOUR HAND BLACK IN THE SECOND PICTURE? grin
kessintona:
Quick pictures after unboxing this baby
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by mogreen22: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kaffytee01:
Na wa. Later they will say gionee it's not good. Just see now. Yeye infinix. See the clear pictures, with a difference of 3MP, pure scam
too shocked sir, now i agree it's not all about the numbers
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by KaffyK(f): 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
good thread OP. you are a good brother.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by KaffyK(f): 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kyase:
see partial .
ojoru ojoru.
Hot 2 is my new wife and I don't joke with it
but where? the difference looks very clear. better picture quality.
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by mogreen22: 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
I like the accessories the phone came with. Gionee always Wow-ing with their packaging
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Kyase(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
KaffyK:

but where? the difference looks very clear. better picture quality.
I don't know of the ops hot 2 but my camera does much better than what is displayed up there
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Orator2383: 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
TJKay:
I had quite a dilemma last week deciding what present to buy for my younger sister on her upcoming birthday. I finally decided to buy an android smart phone for her. This, mostly to prove to her how better android phones perform compared to her current blackberry device.

After stream lining my entire android phone choices to INFINIX HOT2 and GIONEE P5W, because bank status and economy, I want to share with you how I arrived at my final choice.

The GIONEE P5W and the INFINIX HOT 2 share a couple of features aside both of them being Chinese brand products. They both have the same OS and screen resolution. I preferred the body build of the Gionee P5w because allowed for better handling; we know girls can be careless (sorry, careful). Also, both phones have 16GB internal storage space.

One edge the HOT 2 has over the P5W is in battery capacity with a 200mAh difference between them. Lastly, the P5W has a single 1GB RAM option while the INFINIX has a 1GB and 2GB RAM options. (but you know, performance no be by number)

On the plus side for GIONEE, firstly, the P5W has a stronger processor. Compared to the HOT 2, which has merely a 1.3GHz processor, the P5W has 1.5GHz processor speed (I wanted her to enjoy speed way better than her current BB).
Another edge I noticed the P5W has over the HOT 2 is in terms of warranty. The GIONEE phone offers a 15-months warranty while the INFINIX phone offers just 12 months- long warranty.

Upon unboxing, the Gionee P5w came with three colorful back cases, as well as a condom pouch and a leather pouch. For those that prefer light devices, the Gionee P5w would be your take home device.

I had the opportunity to handle both devices at my office a few days before I decided on what to buy. Something particularly funny happened when I compared the camera quality of both devices, the Infinix Hot 2 didn’t seem to control light intake like the Gionee P5w did. I think the P5w did better, I only know little about pictures. Zooming in further on both pictures would surprise you though.

However, the INFINIX HOT 2 has an 8MP rear camera while the GIONEE P5W has a 5MP rear camera. But after comparing images taken at the same spot by both phones, I would say the Gionee’s camera is better, the pictures I took are below.
@op is this a review or a Gionee promotional article. Infinix hot 2 is better. How can you say 2gb RAM is just number. Have smoked weeds. Useless review

3 Likes

Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
TJKay:
BABA. ARE YOU FROM GHANA? WHY IS YOUR HAND BLACK IN THE SECOND PICTURE? grin
lol no my Breda. Na Naija sun cause am. As I no get car
Re: Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
Orator2383:
@op is this a review or a Gionee promotional article. Infinix hot 2 is better. How can you say 2gb RAM is just number. Have smoked weeds. Useless review
baba Na fight you carry come here ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread / Redmi 9 Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.