Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

White Is The New Favourite Car Colour - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / White Is The New Favourite Car Colour (14206 Views)

What Colour Change Would Best Fit My Camry 2007 / Best Colour To Go For In A Car!!! / What Colour Would You Prefer Your Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon To Come In? [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Okijajuju1(m): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Which would you pick?

or

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
My old CRV was white. Bought Tokunbo. My family especially my mom harangued me so much about it, I had to spray it all black by Dec 2012. Odd cos I kinda liked it sha. undecided. Black is my choice anytime anyday especially for a brand new car. After that Red that pops! wink
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Lilimax(f): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Which would you pick?

or

Honestly the white car rocks smiley!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
@ Okija Juju: Ok Ok! the white VW. But you guys need to understand that the exhibitors play a lot with lighting at these shows .

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by 3rdeye1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nija roads no favour white cars...they will soon bcom brownish white! Very deep brown is d best in nija
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
@okija! Hmm! Tight corner! I'll choose the white car grin
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Okijajuju1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
vivacious vivi: @ Okija Juju: Ok Ok! the white VW. But you guys need to understand that the exhibitors play a lot with lighting at these shows .

Yeah I know..

But I have seen varying colors of the same vehicles here in Lagos and the Black is the least appealing to me.

1st position is the White.
2nd is the metallic grey.

Black hides too many details in a car including dirt and dents..
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by princyunlimited(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
wetin b mai own nw? Wheather itz white,gray or black iz it nt d same car?:-/
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by soulglo: 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
White luxury vehicles are considered a status symbol in many parts of the US (mostly suburban grin ). I like a pearly white but I think black is sexy in a luxury vehicle
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Osama10(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Black Black Black. cool
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Loool @ silver still dominating in south america.

But im not surprised tbh. I like white cars, they give off a "classy look". Black as well.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
yuzedo: I loveeeeeeee white cars!! You go to Dubai, 80% of the cars white and all you can say in undiluted awe is Allahu Akbar!

A white car is the truth.. the business! Choi! kiss

Lol @ this one. Btw how have u been? smiley
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by KELVINXY: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Racism ...... undecided grin

Quote me if u're a fool..angry
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by UjSizzle(f): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
White's lovely, but come rainy season and u 'gon hate it undecided

Black is sexy cool
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by 3ace(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
White looks good on cars but it's not advisable especially in Lagos with all the hustle and bustle. Na marwa and danfo go finish your car with cosmetic scratches in less than one month except you hardly drive it. Although thank God okada own don comot dia.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax: White cars are finding its way to the country enmass.
Just watch out...
Change is contant...

White!! Haba! That can't be.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Polio: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Silver ..... Still, for me!

Metallic silver or metallic black
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Phuck white colours....metallic grey or silver for moi.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Yeah I know..

But I have seen varying colors of the same vehicles here in Lagos and the Black is the least appealing to me.

1st position is the White.
2nd is the metallic grey.

[b]Black hides too many details in a car including dirt and dents..

Wow, its for those same reasons I love the color black !

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by piagetskinner(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Skye blue or metallic Grey...I Don't fAncy anything outside these
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by princeonx: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nigerians!!! Una don condem white finish? Na now day break for una eyes! Well i still wan sleep!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by InvertedHammer: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
/

White cars are not for Nigeria for obvious reasons.

Unless the car is not going to be for daily use.

Weekend cars? May be.

/
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by nofij(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
GREEN MB rocks!!!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by deols(f): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
The prophet loved white rides..and I like red ones for a lady.

so I thought that the first car that I buy myself would be white or red.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by funshint(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Most white cars are boring...Black rules!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Igbudu8: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
White colour car still remain my least option. It may work 4 a million and one people, but 4 me never.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by deols(f): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
yuzedo: I loveeeeeeee white cars!! You go to Dubai, 80% of the cars white and all you can say in undiluted awe is Allahu Akbar!

A white car is the truth.. the business! Choi! kiss

Arabs like white cars..I have noticed that too. Maybe for the reason I posted earlier..

white clothings..white cars!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by adconline(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
BizBooks:

In the course of shipping cars to Nigeria, all the clients I dealt with had one thing in common.
They all say "You can get any colour as long as it is not white". So this will never happen in
Nigeria.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/white-replaces-silver-worlds-favourite-car-colour-dark-033657830.html
Naija does not count and Nigerians are usually dirty.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by everyday: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
I really do not like white cars
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
BizBooks:

In the course of shipping cars to Nigeria, all the clients I dealt with had one thing in common.
They all say "You can get any colour as long as it is not white". So this will never happen in
Nigeria.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/white-replaces-silver-worlds-favourite-car-colour-dark-033657830.html

In what part of Nigeria are you ?
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju: All White errting my Nigga... grin

All my future cars will only come in 2 colors;

Candy White
&
Light Grey.

Reason: White cars emphasize the details of a car. The chrome shines better, the black details all stand out and when time for a rerouch of the paint job comes, its easy to find and replace..

Poverty maketh nigerians run away from white, the color of light and purity.

People do not know that white is the easiest paint to maintain on a car. I have an inlaw whose only car is white and when he bought a red/second car, he still repainted it white...

To buttress, my first sentence, would you ride in a black or a white Rolls Royce phantom ? When the word is luxury/class/factory fresh, most of the cars definitely come in white...
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by nikkyshyne(f): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
*sigh* White cars are so difficult to maintain. You have to clean/wash at every outing even if it is just a few kilometer.

Any small scratch is visible. I have to go buy a white nail varnish to hide scratches. Works like magic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.