Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

White Is The New Favourite Car Colour - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / White Is The New Favourite Car Colour (14205 Views)

What Colour Change Would Best Fit My Camry 2007 / Best Colour To Go For In A Car!!! / What Colour Would You Prefer Your Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon To Come In? [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by nikkyshyne(f): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

People do not know that white is the easiest paint to maintain on a car. I have an inlaw whose only car is white and when he bought a red/second car, he still repainted it white...
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by BizBooks(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

In what part of Nigeria are you ?

My part of Nigeria does not really matter. The fact that white cars are unpopular in
Nigeria is not in dispute. This is not a new phenomenon. It has been like that for as
long as one can remember.

Take a look at the cars for sale in the auto section. You can hardly see any in white.

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by tsmith(f): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
I know I have trending/fashion foresight, ordered my car in white last year, only to discover white is the on trend colour for many new cars; evoques audis etc.

Even though my car is a coupe cabriolet, - it's has much more kerb appeal because of the pearl white colour. Contrary to the quick to get dirty view, when it's dirty or has dust on its it actual glows in the sun.

I love love my car in white and won't trade not for any other colour... I get loads of compliments too, especially with the roof down.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

Poverty maketh nigerians run away from white, the color of light and purity.

People do not know that white is the easiest paint to maintain on a car. I have an inlaw whose only car is white and when he bought a red/second car, he still repainted it white...

To buttress, my first sentence, would you ride in a black or a white Rolls Royce phantom ? When the word is luxury/class/factory fresh, most of the cars definitely come in white...

Poverty?? Do people suffering from poverty have cars?? undecided
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by tope3x(m): 2:36am On Oct 26, 2013
white cars still remains my best option when it comes to choosing car. tongue
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Solozzo(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2013
White cars are cooler in body temperature as well because they reflect the heat rays of the sun.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Ijebulogic(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2013
Noticed the white trend - it's best with chrome accents, tan or camel brown leather seats.
In Lagos, you'll need at least three washes a day for a white car. Honestly, its not a bad look but I wouldn't bother. My favourite colours remain:
1. Black
2. British Racing Green
3. Milan Brown (a unique bronze/brown mix which has been mastered by Mercedes, Audi and Range Rover)
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by akmaldini(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2013
Black re 4 dirty nd lazy pple,white is d best,mi favourite colour...
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by joshuaidibia(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2013
Ok. I go paint my legedice benz white.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Black hides too many details in a car including dirt and dents..

Bro, you got it the wrong way round.

Black is actually harder to keep clean than white, and shows every dent and imperfection. White is regarded as a "safe colour". If you have a car to respray, and the bodywork is less than perfect, black is the last colour you want to use. White will hide imperfections, as it's none-reflective. Darker colours that have depth and shine - black, dark blues and greens, dark reds and browns etc have depth and shine, s will sow dents, the same way they emphasise curves and swage lines.

Still, I like white cars. I actually had my '02 Audi A4 B6 Avant Quattro resprayed in Audi Ibis white, and I've owned a white '85 Toyota Celica 2.0 XT Liftback, loved it.

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by bissalla: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
I drive a white car and honestly and i am happy and proud to own a white car. Initially when I was offered the white colour, I didn't like it, but today I drive it joyfully and happily. At most I wash it 2 times a week with high quality car wash to maintain the colour.

The truth is a white car stands you out, and from a recent survey report I read, most white cars are not exposed to much accidents and scratches.

The reason why most Nigerians don't like white cars is simply because we have a poor maintenance culture.

The white colour brings out the royalty in a car.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
White rocks!

I went from this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

Now, click "like" if you think the white looks great!

10 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by tomtyte02(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sllowppoisoon:

Your username is ur problem,, work on it first
Sounds like d name of an explosive...lmao
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Delesilver: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Silver stil the best
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Delesilver: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Silver z stil the best
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by auhanson(m): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Siena: White rocks!

I went from this:

To this:

From this:

To this:

Now, click "like" if you think the white looks great!

Mehn! i beg to differ, those black cars are so wonderfully appealing, they stand out. thats what i need in a car. My c180 is shiny black and i love it more than other colors (Black benz), so masculine as d phrase is, while my MB 190 is sky light blue.. its fine too, but not as appealing as the black benz.

My fathers old peugeot 504 has been white, very attractive too. Surely, its true that the white or lighter colours conceal a lot of bad effect like scratches, but i like the black when they are clean though its a little hard to maintain. Also, i love those lustre black cars of yours than the dull white black ones, how i wish you made them bolder too
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
au.hanson:

Mehn! i beg to differ, those black cars are so wonderfully appealing, they stand out. thats what i need in a car. My c180 is shiny black and i love it more than other colors (Black benz), so masculine as d phrase is, while my MB 190 is sky light blue.. its fine too, but not as appealing as the black benz.

My fathers old peugeot 504 has been white, very attractive too. Surely, its true that the white or lighter colours conceal a lot of bad effect like scratches, but i like the black when they are clean though its a little hard to maintain. Also, i love those lustre black cars of yours than the dull white black ones, how i wish you made them bolder too

I understand your views on black cars. But white just looks so crisp, so sharp. And I feel white cars stand out more. It has to be the right car though, to carry off the white theme.

My Audi wasn't black though, it was Santorin Blue. A very dark metallic blue, may look black in certain lighting.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2013
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Gee2728(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
chaircover: It depends on the car. A Black prado will always look nicer than a white Prado, but a white Merc C class looks better in white than in black (in my eyes anyway LOL)

White is easier to keep clean believe it or not and is more forgiving of minor dents. You will also spend more time waxing a black car to bring out the sheen than you would a white car.

God willing, my next car will be in white. They just look so clean and crisp and they really stand out.
I agree with U, abeg no laff me ooh cos white cars 2 me tend to have 'RICH' appearance than other regular colors.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 01, 2013
Metallic grey coz it's shiny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study / Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.