Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Words We Speak Shapes Our Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Words We Speak Shapes Our Destiny (1070 Views)

Truth About Our Destiny / Can We Change Our Destiny? / Is It True That Our Destiny Is In Our Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Words We Speak Shapes Our Destiny by yommyuk: 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
We have acknowledged that we overcome Satan when we testify personally to what the Word of God says the blood of Jesus does for us. Testimony is a very simple thing - just saying words that agree with Scripture. Testimony saves us; it is our protection. I cannot overemphasize its importance.

The writer of Hebrews called Jesus the “High Priest of our confession” (Hebrews 3:1). Confession literally means “saying the same as.” For us, as believers in the Bible and in Jesus Christ, confession means saying with our mouths the same thing that God says in His Word. We make the words of our mouths agree with the Word of God. Jesus can advocate on our behalf only when we make the right confession. Whether we call it “testimony” or “confession,” it is indispensable in order for us to receive the salvation of God.

Jesus said, “For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:37). We settle our destinies by the words that we speak. James said the tongue is like the rudder on a ship; even though it is a small part of the ship, it deter-mines exactly where the ship will go. (See James 3:4.) We determine the course of our lives by the way in which we use our tongues. We can say the right thing and make the words of our mouths agree with the Word of God, or we can say the wrong thing and cause our lives to go off course. We will either come safely to harbor or end in shipwreck according to how we use our tongues.

PRAYER
Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that I overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony. I shall hold fast my confession in Jesus mighty name. Amen!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Daddy GO, Past. E.A Adeboye / A Dream About Marriage (what Does It Translates To?) / PHOTOS : ANGRY RESIDENTS SMASH PASTOR’S HEAD FOR DISTURBING D STREETS WITH NOISE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.