Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,307 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Can We Change Our Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Change Our Destiny? (7034 Views)

Truth About Our Destiny / The Words We Speak Shapes Our Destiny / Is It True That Our Destiny Is In Our Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Change Our Destiny? by Ozegbe(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2011
is it possible if yes how?
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Arosa(m): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
No, you cant change it. sorry. sad
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by ajaytkin: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Normally it is not possible if you believe in destiny. But it can be changed if you do not believe in destiny. Destiny is nothing but : "Karma" as defined in Bhagavat geetha
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Arosa(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
ajaytkin:

Normally it is not possible if you believe in destiny. But it can be changed if you do not believe in destiny. Destiny is nothing but : "Karma" as defined in Bhagavat geetha

If its possible to change one's destiny, that implies that an alternate universe must be created.  undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ozegbe:

I changed my Destiny one Friday Night, since this discovery, I have repeatedly changed my destiny with positive results.
Every Friday Night at an open bar on Awolowo rd. I wait until 1:00PM Happy Hours to land there and by drinks to kick-start the clubbing scene. If i had gone there any earlier - drinks will be at least N200 costlier tongue that would have been my sordid destiny if i did not learn about Timing - There is a Time for everything under the sun.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Image123(m): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
Our destiny is simply our destination. YES we can change and influence our destinies. Whatever a man sows, that will he reap.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by benodic: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2011
Your destiny was created by your thoughts, words and actions in the past. You can change it by changing the same things that created it in the first place that is your thoughts, words and actions.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 01, 2011
It depends on your understanding of destiny,

I don't believe destiny is fixed (no matter what you do, you end up at the same point). I believe destiny is a result of our actions and INACTIONs,
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by biilwwu(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2011
You can change your destiny by prayer, determination, and hardworking,
Jabaz changed his destiny in the bible, MKO Abiola changed his, Babrak Obama, Abraham Lincon.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2011
bi ilw wu:

You can change your destiny by prayer, determination, and hardworking,
Jabaz changed his destiny in the bible, MKO Abiola changed his, Babrak Obama, Abraham Lincon.

If it can be changed, what makes it destiny?
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by stildude(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2011
Everyone is destined to be great, but somehow, somewhere some changed that glorious destiny to something shameful. Why not! we can change our destiny it back to what it was initially created to be- pleasant. Every child born on earth is not endowed differently from another, we came in empty handed. Some become achievers while some underachievers, yet othesr become nonachievers. If destiny is seen as a destination for instance, we are going there no matter what but by our thoughts and actions. Change your thoughts and actions, you will change your destiny. Some said ''change your thoughts, and you will change your words, change your words, and you will change your habits. Change your habit, you will change your character. Change your character, and your will change your destiny.'' So every destiny can be changed.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by seedord247(m): 11:35am On Nov 01, 2011
stildude:

Everyone is destined to be great, but somehow, somewhere some changed that glorious destiny to something shameful. Why not! we can change our destiny it back to what it was initially created to be- pleasant. Every child born on earth is not endowed differently from another, we came in empty handed. Some become achievers while some underachievers, yet othesr become nonachievers. If destiny is seen as a destination for instance, we are going there no matter what but by our thoughts and actions. Change your thoughts and actions, you will change your destiny. S[b]ome said ''change your thoughts, and you will change your words, change your words, and you will change your habits. Change your habit, you will change your character. Change your character, and your will change your destiny.'' So every destiny can be changed.
[/b]

Ask your School for Refund . . . Millennium Illiterate

Those words you quote are inspirational words that was written by someone like you.

You too can do that if you want too . . .They are use to motivate people going thru one plight or the other.

So My OGa Ade . . . Destiny Can never Be change but Delayyyy. . . . shikena
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2011
A cow will always remain a cow, and so will a monkey. A baby will remain a baby until it is shaped by its environment.

No one is destined for anything. You're born and you have to choose the right responses to whatever life throws at you. That's how you create a 'destiny' cos it ain't a destiny till you get to the end,
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by stildude(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2011
seedord247:

[/b]

Ask your School for Refund  . . . Millennium Illiterate

Those words you [b]quote
are inspirational words that was written by someone like you.

You too can do that if you want too . . .They are use to motivate people going thru one plight or the other.

So My OGa Ade . .  . Destiny Can never Be change but Delayyyy. . . . shikena[/b]

Please you display a great level of ignorance and stupidity by your post. here's another quote for you. ''The illiterate of the 21st century are not those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn. Pls refer  to the boldened as it qualifies you as the illiterate. You mentioned ''people going thru one plight or the other Let's take the plight as a journey to  a particualar destination or destiny. So, if they can change that plight, they have changed their destiny. There is so much pride and hatred in your post. So friend, you need meekness and humility. who knows, you might change your own destiny.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Igosun: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ko possible now.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Natasha2(f): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2011
Poster please I will advice you to get a copy of ''THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE'' by Rick Warren, God created us for a purpose however is it your choice whether you want to follow or not, forget that word destiny its nothing. nobody's life operates under destiny. I used to believe in it when I was in the dark but now I've realised the truth ''THERE'S NOTHING LIKE ITS MY DESTINY TO . .  OR ITS YOUR DESTINY TO . . . our life doesn't operate under destiny so don't let your self become a prisoner to it.  
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by lynxnoon(m): 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
destiny or not,
we all create our own destiny; knowingly or not
cheers
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Image123(m): 12:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
musKeeto:

If it can be changed, what makes it destiny?
A destiny is like a destination, a plan, a blueprint. God has a plan for each one of us. Many times too, others have plans for us. Others including the devil, your parents, your uncle etc. We can follow through on their plan and our daily decisions can negate it. Someone may plan to make you his heir, or that he'll send you abroad, or make you miserable. If you cooperate, it's likely you fulfil that destiny.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
so there are different destinies, aren't you saying the same thing I just said?
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Arosa(m): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
The truth is nobody knows his/her destiny(not even the devil know it), If anyone happens to know their true destiny then It was revealed to them by God. And thus cant be changed. lipsrsealed
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Tonyet1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2011
No! A destiny cannot be changed. Point is maybe we should look up the definition of destiny.

des·ti·ny (dst-n)
n. pl. des·ti·nies
1. The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one's lot.
2. A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control:

A destiny is not and should not be likened to a destination. All men were created to die: yes! this is a destiny because it is a necessary fate.

A destination by definition is simply but a place to which someone is sent and nothing more. Now how right will it sound to say that man's destiny is to be sent to earth. it sounds rubbish!

But rather, a clear discourse on the subject of destiny will be to ask the question "what was man created to do here?" not "where did man come from or where will man go after death?".
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by gascoign1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
Yes u change it just like the way you change channel on your TV
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Ozegbe(m): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
i dont think its possible. my reason ( what ever happens to u is ur destiny)so if u say u have change it how do u know that was not your destiny
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Tonyet1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
Arosa:

The truth is nobody knows his/her destiny(not even the devil know it), If anyone happens to know their true destiny then It was revealed to them by God. And thus cant be changed.  lipsrsealed

Very true, no one knows their destiny. And again IMO destiny has nothing to do with accepting Jesus Christ by ALL, I strongly believe that every activity and motive as seen today make up the grand plan divinely orchestrated by the Creator.

The likes of Pharoah, Esau, Saul et al will attest to this.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by highland(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
Yes. You can can choice to drunkard or free man.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Tonyet1(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2011
gascoign1:

Yes u change it just like the way you change channel on your TV

Not quite so. . .maybe we should see it this way.

We should rather see God as the one with the 'remote control' and
                                Man as the 'remote control' and
                                the TV channel as 'the scheme of things better still the events that play out'.

If you understand my drift you'll agree that we are just tools in the hands of the owner.

Romans 9:21 - Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

Jeremiah 18:6 - "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."

2 Timothy 2:20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by BABE3: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
If there really is something called "destiny" then;

I believe it can be changed by two means; "God/some form of higher authority" and "the individual".

God is a changeable changer, so yh, he can bring himself to change his plans for us. He's that powerful.

An individual can change his destiny by himself. (that's self-explanatory).
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Natasha2(f): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ozegbe:

i dont think its possible. my reason ( what ever happens to u is your destiny)so if u say u have change it how do u know that was not your destiny
very very very wrong what ever happens to you is not your destiny.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
If there's a destiny, then we're basically wasting our time here on earth. If everything's scripted, then there's no point living, there's no point choosing between right and wrong, no freewill, for the theists, Adam and Eve would have had no choice which means God had a destiny to create humans also cheesy

Now if there's no destiny, then we claim responsibility for our actions and inaction. We realize that a tree will grow only if we plant it, simply put we play our part.

I don't believe in destiny.
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Tonyet1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
@BABE!

God-the-changer: yes! I agree

Man-the-changer: Pls explain?
Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ozegbe:

Your decision determines your destiny.

Re: Can We Change Our Destiny? by Tonyet1(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2011
musKeeto:

If there's a destiny, then we're basically wasting our time here on earth. If everything's scripted, then there's no point living, there's no point choosing between right and wrong, no freewill, for the theists, Adam and Eve would have had no choice which means God had a destiny to create humans also cheesy

Now if there's no destiny, then we claim responsibility for our actions and inaction. We realize that a tree will grow only if we plant it, simply put we play our part.

I don't believe in destiny.

There is an influence called 'destiny' and no we arent wasting our time. Bible says

Phil 2:13 - for God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

1 Corinthians 12:6 There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

The very fact that you're not incontrol of the God-influence doesnt make the influence null.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! / Why Do People Change Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.