Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. (11988 Views)

National Housing Fund Act / Do You Know About NHF (National Housing Fund)? / National Housing Fund Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Dantedasz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nice topic OP.
I have been forced to contribute to this fund for over fifteen(15) years because the deductions are made from your salary at the source.
There is no transparent accounting for these monies as no contributor knows how much he has contributed as there is no feed back.
I opened an account with Federal Morgage Bank FMB and informed my employer of the account number but none of my contributions have been recorded in my account for fifteen years,
some body informed me that these deductions are refunded to contributors when they retire.
Sounds like waiting for Godot to me!
Another good programe destroyed by poor execution and corruption of the system.

3 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by taisoft(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
The programme is good BUT it should be optional and not to be made compulsory for workers. For example, an emplyee that has built a house may no longer be interested to acquire another building. Govt should look in that!

3 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by babestell(f): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nice topic. Am guessing those who contributed work with the civil service. What of those of us who don't contribute, can we still access the loan and how much is the interest?
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by amokemi(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
From my own investigations, this is how it works.
1. All employees are statutorily obliged to contribute to the scheme.
2. Your employer deducts your contributions at source and remits to federal mortgage bank.(FMB)
3. You will be issued a passbook where records of your contributions will be updated on a monthly basis.
4. After contributing for six months, you can access the fund.
5. You approach a recognized primary mortgage institution(PMI)n open an account and apply through the PMI to FMB for the loan.
6. Before applying, you must have identified a property you want to buy, have your equity contribution in place with the PMI. The equity is btw 10 and 30% depending on the amount you want to apply for. The maximum you can get is #15m.
7. The interest rate on the loan is 6%.
8. It is a long and cumbersome process, but if you are patient, you will get the loan. I will advise anybody who wants to apply for it not to do it alone. You can get your colleagues who share the same vision to apply together so you can be encouraging each other.
9. Finally and most importaant, make sure you apply through a very reliable PMI because this will determine if and when you will get it.

I hope we find this very useful. God bless us all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by bounju(m): 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
yuzedo: Over fifteen comments thus far and not a single useful one..

You can tell these guys don't pay tax. If they did, this topic would be serious to them. undecided

Hopefully someone makes an enlightening contribution soon; the opportunity cost of my deductions is a night with a moderately-priced ashawo. sad
Let's pray ASSU resumes soon so all these children can go back to sch. The matter tire me ooo!
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by rofemiguwa(f): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Its a big fraud as far as I know. I am yet to see anybody I knw acess it.and the money is not hundred naira as someone said .mine is 7k deducted every month over money I will neva get acess to.the annoying part is dy don't make it optional ,dy don't seek ur consent,dy don't give u any letters to that effect.yet if u wan collect am.na war with no hope of wining.its heartbreaking to work so hard for one idiot to sit in abuja and sqander my money.

We really need a revolution in this country.the idiots are bleeping us blind.

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by mfm04622: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
rofemiguwa: Its a big fraud as far as I know. I am yet to see anybody I knw acess it.and the money is not hundred naira as someone said .mine is 7k deducted every month over money I will neva get acess to.the annoying part is dy don't make it optional ,dy don't seek ur consent,dy don't give u any letters to that effect.yet if u wan collect am.na war with no hope of wining.its heartbreaking to work so hard for one idiot to sit in abuja and sqander my money.

We really need a revolution in this country.the idiots are bleeping us blind.

I can assure you that it is no fraud. The process is cumbersome true, but that is to ensure the money collected is not seen as "National cake". I am a beneficiary. It helps if your PMI (Primary Mortgage Institution) is serious since you can't approach NHF directly. As for collecting your contributions, you better forget it. The money is small and not worth the stress. They may start asking you for a copy of all your pay slips to confirm you are paying
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
yuzedo: Over fifteen comments thus far and not a single useful one..

You can tell these guys don't pay tax. If they did, this topic would be serious to them. undecided

Hopefully someone makes an enlightening contribution soon; the opportunity cost of my deductions is a night with a moderately-priced ashawo. sad

Lol.... grin

Truth is that I have little information about the scheme. The easiest part is registering for to, the hard part is qualifying to assess the loan. They collect a negligible percentage of your salary as contribution to the scheme (which also gives you a certain percentage income tax cut). I bought a house last year on a mortgage hoping to finance it through the scheme. I was using Aso Savings and loan as my primary mortgage institution. The whole process was so frustrating that I ended up selling off the house.

The truth is that people like my father have assessed that loan and it worked for them, but its a process that still needs a lot of fine tuning to be effective and truly beneficial to Nigerians.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by cecegorz(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
It is definitely not a fraud! It is a rigid process though, and that is to ensure that the funds are judiciously administered.
What I will advise is that people who have accessed the mortgage or personally know someone who has done so should post the name of the PMIs they used, as that is the most important factor that determines how far you can go.
Many PMIs are jokers and charlatans and may waste your time on end, claiming they are processing your mortgage.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Brand_new: Did a little search and found this valuable info.
Link to NHS act.

National housing fund contributions can as well be accessed through participating finance houses like Union homes.

Hope this helps.
a million thanks
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
amokemi: From my own investigations, this is how it works.
2. Your employer deducts your contributions at source and remits to federal mortgage bank.(FMB)
3. You will be issued a passbook where records of your contributions will be updated on a monthly basis.
5. You approach a recognized primary mortgage institution(PMI)n open an account and apply through the PMI to FMB for the loan.
6. Before applying, you must have identified a property you want to buy, have your equity contribution in place with the PMI. The equity is btw 10 and 30% depending on the amount you want to apply for. The maximum you can get is #15m.
8. It is a long and cumbersome process, but if you are patient, you will get the loan. I will advise anybody who wants to apply for it not to do it alone. You can get your colleagues who share the same vision to apply together so you can be encouraging each other.
9. Finally and most importaant, make sure you apply through a very reliable PMI because this will determine if and when you will get it.

Encouraging!
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013

Encouraging!
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by tushqueen(f): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
kambili999: id ask someone abt dat... Brb

let me just spare you (i was going to ask if it was made compulsory for all nlders to comment on all posts
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by GBASKY: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
NHF - National Housing Fund is a product of Federal Mortgage bank of Nigeria> The product have been in existence for years but the problem have always been misappropriation of the fund ( contributions from the masses). Many were contributors but till today were unable to access the fund_ The scheme is for those that are from !8 years of age to 65 years ( Cos 65 years is the retirement age).

You are expected to access the loan which is =N=5 million maximum( although there was a report that FGN have increased it to =N=15 million but was never implemented till today) to buy a landed property but you are expected to contribute 10% of the property ( that is if the property is being sold for the =N=5M which is =N=500,000 But if the property is more i.e =N=10 Million you are expected to contribute =N=5.5 million and access the remaining =N=4.5 million as NHF loan from the FMBN Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.

It is very hard to access this loan individually from FMBN as the loan issue is centralized that is it has to get to Abuja but your contribution is decentralized that is you can pay to all FMBN offices in all the states.

It is esier to access this loan through a PMI ( Primary Mortgage bank) i.e any finance house that bears savings & loans, Microfinnce banks, even any commercial banks or some certified individual.

The criteria of applying for the loan has to do with your age, your income which is your net pay 9 after all deductions), your source of income, your years in service ( that is if you are a civil servant)

After taking the loan your repayment is monthly which will be deducted from source and the repayment amount should not be more than 1/3 of your net income and your repayment period is your age deducted from 65 e.g if you are 35 years old you will have 30 years to pay back and if your income is =N=150,000 that means you have =N= 50,000 to use as your monthly repayments
Hence these two factors will determiine the amount you can apply for as loan and the amount you will be required to pay back monthly and the interest on this loan is 6% per annum ( apart from other fees that will be charged by the bank that access the loan for you which can be up to 6% also)

The easiest way of getting this loan is buying government owned property ( but it is not that easy as well as it takes time) so in the process the property could have been sold to someone else.

Well that's how far I can go for now but further questions will be answered.

1 Like

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by arocute: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
The National housing fund scheme is not a fraud as must people think it is. I have been in the real Estate sector for more than 6 years now and I can tell you that lots of contributor have accessed this fund. Between January to now 11 of my clients have got this funds and I'm expecting the last disbursement by December for a friend.

I must Say, that before now it was either diffcult to access or takes for ever to get the fund, but this persent administration has been able to liberalize the housing sector and have made the sector at list more efficient than is was before.

If you are a contributor and you want to access the fund, I could be of assistance. please put this at the back of your mind that it might take up to 12-16months to get it.

arocute2003@yahoo.com.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2013

very useful . thanks
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
babestell: Nice topic. Am guessing those who contributed work with the civil service. What of those of us who don't contribute, can we still access the loan and how much is the interest?
don't know if non civil servants but the interest is within the region of 6 % PA
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by babestell(f): 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^^thanks
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by blank(f): 6:22am On Oct 27, 2013
@ Gbasky, the limit is 15million with 30% contribution . go to their website for more information
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by BabaEto1: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2013

God Bless You. This is the best contribution so far, and the exact position of the matter concerning NHF. Once again u re blessed.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Platinum Mortgage is a good PMI to use. They are very efficient and I heard they have the option of even giving a loan to those that cannot afford the initial 10%. For those in Abuja their office is at Asokoro directly facing AYA roundabout.
I've worked for a year in government now and know I'm eligible, just waiting till I settle down before I apply. I don't plan to pay rent to anybody, rent is bondage.
Platinum have good estates for even as low as 9m, I have a single friend that has accessed NHF already, she plans to put the house on rent and pay-off the mortgage. Mortgage is the easiest way to own a home especially here in Abuja.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by meforyou1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
It is definitely a big fraud with their cumbersome requirements. And when u go throught PMIs, they will show u highly inflated processes.
The annoying thing is that my organisation has housing loans which we easily access yet they deduct our money for NHF.
And we also also have health insurance scheme, yet they also decuct our money for national health insurance scheme, which we don't use.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by brokensilence(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2013
Not sure yet what it is. But am sure not comfortable with that arrangement because it does appear that it is not being monitored. Like you said, many workers have passed away without ever enjoying the supposed benefits of the FUND. My wish is the same with your own, somebody should help to strip the FUND naked for all to see and decide.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by joe120120(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2013
Yes to you that anybody can acess the money ,but as of tody about 50000 workers have die with acessing the money a is not corruption where someone is there to collect the money
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Akdams(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
The first batch has just been approved by CBN/FMBN for my PMB. Disbursement will start any moment soon. So what are you still waiting for.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Akdams(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Akdams: The first batch has just been approved by CBN/FMBN for my PMB. Disbursement will start any moment soon. So what are you still waiting for.

next set of batches are being compiled.

............. and i bet you wont want to miss the next batch.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Akdams(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
The NHF is working.
But getting the right information about it is the challenge.

contact - 09095966665
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Akdams(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by odimbannamdi(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
arocute:
The National housing fund scheme is not a fraud as must people think it is. I have been in the real Estate sector for more than 6 years now and I can tell you that lots of contributor have accessed this fund. Between January to now 11 of my clients have got this funds and I'm expecting the last disbursement by December for a friend.

I must Say, that before now it was either diffcult to access or takes for ever to get the fund, but this persent administration has been able to liberalize the housing sector and have made the sector at list more efficient than is was before.

If you are a contributor and you want to access the fund, I could be of assistance. please put this at the back of your mind that it might take up to 12-16months to get it.

arocute2003@yahoo.com.

Hello sir,

Is this offer still open? I need some assistance
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by SMJay: 12:42am On Oct 03, 2022
wink
amokemi:
From my own investigations, this is how it works.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Will You Feel If Your Land Turns Into A Den Shitt / Trust Fund’s N8.4 Billion Alagbon Towers Up For Sale / Brand New 5 Bedroom Fully Detached For Sale At Atlantic View Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.