Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu (6618 Views)

We Warned Tinubu About Buhari –senator Femi Okurounmu / See New Map Of Nigeria With 19 More States Proposed By National Confab / Igbo Leaders Reject Okurounmu National Conference Panel’s Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Desola(f): 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: That is what people like Desola do not understand, they come here pretending to speak for all Nigerians or people of a particular tribe. Nairaland members isn't even up to 0.5% of Nigeria's population, considering the alternate accounts.

Even if we were to agree that Nairaland is not up to 0.5% of the general population, the numbers represented here is a representation of the people regardless. While I cannot speak for the whole of the Yoruba nation, I can make observation and use nairaland; other online forums and social network including my personal interaction with my people offline as a gauge. I bet even you yourself cannot claim to know the general opinion of the country because you can never know.

However, if the utterances of your representatives and leaders are anything to go by, I can safely conclude that you do not like Yorubas and i'm sure we can do well in reciprocating that unkind gesture!

2 Likes

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by nduchucks: 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Midastouch1:

I beg to differ.

While I understand your point that a lot of Ibos and Yorubas live together in peace and even inter-marry but there is a lot of mutual suspicion between both tribes. I am not too sure about the statistics that you have provided but the reality is 3 recent major occurrences have totally changed the equation here: ( This is apart from the historical distortion of the facts of the civil war)

1. The fact that most Ibos supported Patience Jonathan against Wole Soyinka even when they intrinsically knew that he was right in reprimanding her and questioning her excesses - they called him the Old Mad Professor! A man that supported the Biafran cuase during the civil war?

2. The outrageous outburst from Ibos and their leaders during the "deportation" debacle- that was totally unacceptable and stank of hypocrisy considering Ibos had no problems with the "deportation" of Yorubas, Hausas and other ethnic groups from Lagos in the past and the fact that SE states have carried out similar "deportation" exercises.

3.The effrontery by Ibos to refer to Lagos as no mans land is not only insulting but totally disrespectful

Oga, your primary frame of reference, NL, is too narrow and elitist.

1 Like

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Midastouch1: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
ndu_chucks:

That is false brother.

If you have been reading the discourse on the print and social media and most importantly listened to discussions on the "streets"- my summations are representative of the feelings of Yorubas . I concur that it is not scientific but I frown and disagree at your interpretation of it as elitist? What exactly do you mean?

1 Like

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
Midastouch1:

I beg to differ.

While I understand your point that a lot of Ibos and Yorubas live together in peace and even inter-marry but there is a lot of mutual suspicion between both tribes. I am not too sure about the statistics that you have provided but the reality is 3 recent major occurrences have totally changed the equation here: ( This is apart from the historical distortion of the facts of the civil war)

1. The fact that most Ibos supported Patience Jonathan against Wole Soyinka even when they intrinsically knew that he was right in reprimanding her and questioning her excesses - they called him the Old Mad Professor! A man that supported the Biafran cuase during the civil war?

2. The outrageous outburst from Ibos and their leaders during the "deportation" debacle- that was totally unacceptable and stank of hypocrisy considering Ibos had no problems with the "deportation" of Yorubas, Hausas and other ethnic groups from Lagos in the past and the fact that SE states have carried out similar "deportation" exercises.

3.The effrontery by Ibos to refer to Lagos as no mans land is not only insulting but totally disrespectful
How many Igbos did you see on the streets calling Wole Soyinka a mad man, how many Igbos did you see on the streets carrying placards with the words ''Lagos is no man's land'' written on it? Nairaland is really messing up with your minds and brains, I repeat, life does not end here.
As for the stats it's clear, the unique active members on Nairaland is no more than 500 000, the rest are alternate handles. I know of some people with over 10 accounts on Nairaland, our population is over 150 million, so do the math.
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Desola:

Even if we were to agree that Nairaland is not up to 0.5% of the general population, the numbers represented here is a representation of the people regardless. While I cannot speak for the whole of the Yoruba nation, I can make observation and use nairaland; other online forums and social network including my personal interaction with my people offline as a gauge. I bet even you yourself cannot claim to know the general opinion of the country because you can never know.

However, if the utterances of your representatives and leaders are anything to go by, I can safely conclude that you do not like Yorubas and i'm sure we can do well in reciprocating that unkind gesture!
Can you tell me the elected leaders of Igbo land who have come out to make utterances? The utterances you read or heard aren't different from that of Fani Kayode, personal opinions.

1 Like

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I didn't even see this before I replied him. That is the main problem, using Nairaland to judge. Mostly posts from the same people with different IDs. Very funny
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Midastouch1: 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: How many Igbos did you see on the streets calling Wole Soyinka a mad man, how many Igbos did you see on the streets carrying placards with the words ''Lagos is no man's land'' written on it? Nairaland is really messing up with your minds and brains, I repeat, life does not end here.
As for the stars it's clear, the unique active members on Nairaland is no more than 500 000, the rest are alternate handles. I know of some peoplw with over 10 accounts on Nairaland, our population is over 150 million, so do the math.

You are oversimplifying the argument here. I do not expect to see Ibos in the SW coming out on the streets to call WS as a mad man- that will be suicidal! Neither have I heard them say Lagos is a no man's land on the street because they know the implications. However Orji Kalu made that pronouncement publicly and I have not seen any Ibo politician or commentator correct his assertion, rather what we have witnessed is a tacit, implicit support from a lot of Ibo people in Newspapers and the social media.

You are Ibo- Do you agree that Lagos is Yorubaland? Please a Yes or No answer and briefly explain why--it is not a trick question
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Desola(f): 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: Can you tell me the elected leaders of Igbo land who have come out to make utterances? The utterances you read or heard aren't different from that of Fani Kayode, personal opinions.

I suppose your governor, ada obi who said Lagos is a no man's land was not elected and your traditional leaders are just figure heads. I suppose you were indisposed when ohaneze called us oily soup.

please do yourself a favour and keep schtum if you will continue lying and spinning.

3 Likes

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
If we are to go by what we see on Nairaland, somewhere like Lagos would have been at war by now. Instead the Igbos and Yorubas are busy going about their businesses, trying to get a better life. How many of them even have time to spare on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Those who want disintegration will have to fight the powers that be, and they will be routed in that fight. There will be no breakup without a popular revolution or millitary coup. Tribalism will not allow the revolution to take place in a timely manner.

You sound like someone being paid by the power that be. Nigeria will split peacefully!!!
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Midastouch1: 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: I didn't even see this before I replied him. That is the main problem, using Nairaland to judge. Mostly posts from the same people with different IDs. Very funny

I am really struggling to decipher how you have concluded that my summations are solely based on evidence from NL- where did I say such?

As for your accusations about multiple IDs- fairplay to you- attack the post and not the poster- simple internet decorum
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Desola:

I suppose your governor, ada obi who said Lagos is a no man's land was not elected and your traditional leaders are just figure heads. I suppose you were indisposed when ohaneze called us oily soup.

please do yourself a favour and keep schtum if you will continue lying and spinning.
Ohaneze never said anything like that, get your facts right. Why are you even so pained about that soup ish? You keep repeating it. As for Peter Obi, I am not aware of him saying anything like that, provide proofs.
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Desola(f): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: If we are to go by what we see on Nairaland, somewhere like Lagos would have been at war by now. Instead the Igbos and Yorubas are busy going about their businesses, trying to get a better life. How many of them even have time to spare on Nairaland?

at least you have time to spare online and your other ibo brothers do. That Lagos is not at war is because we have our interests to protect and would not have evil wishers who have been pining for the demise of the western region since the civil war ravaged their lands to have their way. You covet our land so much and we know with and would do everything possible to make sure you do not get your hearts desire.

The peace you enjoy in Lagos is not a testament to your ability to peacefully coexist with your host but your hosts intelligent and excellent administration. If you will start a war, it would be in your enclave. On our part, we would enact policies to rid you without you even knowing it!

2 Likes

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: You obviously have no mind of your own. That is what your posts on this thread have shown.

No idiota, I have a sound mind guided by necessary compromises!!!!!

WE WANT RESOURCE CONTROL AND FEDERALISM, ELITES SAY NO

WE WANT CONFEDERACY, ELITES SAY NO!

WHAT'S LEFT TO AVOID WAR? SNC BUT THEN AGAIN, ELITES SAY NO!!

THERE WILL BE WAR IF NIGERIA DOESN'T HAVE SNC SOON!!

YOU WORK FOR A SERIOUSS CABAL OF GEJ, DANGOTE, OTEDOLA AND ALL THE VULTURES!! ONLY THEY CAN SHOUT NO TO SNC OR REGIONALISM/RESOURCE CONTROL!

WE WANT OUT! YORUBAS WILL BE FINE AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO SUPPORT A BREAK UP. WE WOULD BE MUCH BETTER WITH A UNIFIED AND TRIBALLY REGIONAL NIGERIA BUT THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION. WHAT SHOULD A SOUND MIND ASK FOR? SNC WITH BREAK BEING OPTIONAL SIMPLE!!!

WE DON'T WANT A NIGERIA WHERE NORTHERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS ALIKE ARE ALL FOR RUNNING THEMSELVES DOWN AND PROTECT THEMSELVES WITH THE CENTER (FG)!!!!
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Desola(f): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: Ohaneze never said anything like that, get your facts right. Why are you even so pained about that soup ish? You keep repeating it. As for Peter Obi, I am not aware of him saying anything like that, provide proofs.

Now you have provided that not only are you a waste of time but a waste of space and you have gone ahead to provide proof that we cannot in any way, shape or form continue to co exist. Lying is like a second skin to people from your part of the world. You see red and bold faced call it white! How anyone or group would want to live with your likes beat me!

Bloody effer asking me to provide proof when all the proof abound on this site and he most likely participated in the debacle!

3 Likes

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Desola:

Now you have provided that not only are you a waste of time but a waste of space and you have gone ahead to provide proof that we cannot in any way, shape or form continue to co exist. Lying is like a second skin to people from your part of the world. You see red and bold faced call it white! How anyone or group would want to live with your likes beat me!

I can't believe what I am reading! Prove that I am a liar and you are not.
We are online, provide proof that OHANEZE said anything about oily soup, provide proof that Peter Obi or Adaobi as you called him said anything about Lagos being a no man's land. If you can't provide the proofs, then we know who the real liar is.
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Midastouch1: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Midastouch1:

You are oversimplifying the argument here. I do not expect to see Ibos in the SW coming out on the streets to call WS as a mad man- that will be suicidal! Neither have I heard them say Lagos is a no man's land on the street because they know the implications. However Orji Kalu made that pronouncement publicly and I have not seen any Ibo politician or commentator correct his assertion, rather what we have witnessed is a tacit, implicit support from a lot of Ibo people in Newspapers and the social media.

You are Ibo- Do you agree that Lagos is Yorubaland? Please a Yes or No answer and briefly explain why--it is not a trick question

So Csun, I assume you cannot answer my question above? Goodnight
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Midastouch1:

So Csun, I assume you cannot answer my question above? Goodnight
I just saw the question now. The answer is yes. Hope it makes you sleep well hahaha.
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Must I be paid to have a different view from yours? What if I reached the conclusion that you are an Olote, paid by Oyibos to cause yawa and disintegration? You go soon fall my hand at the rate you are going.

You should know I'm a very sincere nigerian!!! I attack all alike including Yorubas!!

but seriously, you not wanting a break up doesn't mean you will start commenting with indirect threats of war!!

If Nigerian tribes can not willingly be together, then there need to be a break up. You posting propaganda comments of war before break up.

I want a better Nigeria and if recent utterances from both North and South of my dear nation is anything to go by, Nigeria is an artificial bond among the tribes that can severed by artificial means. I want the only thing able to break Nigeria be something like a natural disaster creating a pit among all the tribes deeper than the seas flooded by river. But if mere power struggle and tribal distrust has caused so much bloodshed in the past, I guess the nation is not meant to be.

Don't be deceived and don't try to deceive me, Nigeria will only work when the tribes are willingly together. The only way to put every tribe willingly together is SNC and giving the chance to any nation that wants to break to break!!

Using force to hold minorities in a nation only to use their resources is out right evil and oppression and not democratic!!

Tell me did UK go to war when scotland started their break away campaign? Guy ahn ahn, exhibit some ounce of exposure which I know you have!

I have read many of your comments on NL and I see you as someone exposed. Even though you willingly comment like you aren't exposed sometimes, I know you do that to spite some stuppid commentators here..

But on this thread, you aren't doing it to spite people which gives me the idea that your opinion is restricted to certain rules. Such rules can only apply when you have a reinforcement to limit your comment.

So ask me what reinforcement makes you want to comment like you haven't seen or know about other parts of the world? Financianl reinforcement. That is why I thought and still think your opinion is paid for. Including Tpia!!! Surprisingly Tpia!!!! was bought and sold out!!!
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
sCun: I can't believe what I am reading! Prove that I am a liar and you are not.
We are online, provide proof that OHANEZE said anything about oily soup, provide proof that Peter Obi or Adaobi as you called him said anything about Lagos being a no man's land. If you can't provide the proofs, then we know who the real liar is.
Can it be safe to say we now know who the real liar is?
Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2013
It is funny how the fellow debaters are beginning back-pedal and pointing fingers at the people who made the infuriating statements while classing it as 'personal opinion'. It is disgusting!

We all read how the Igbos took a derogatory road against Wole Soyinka here on NL - which if often times discussed offline and propagated. We all read how they went haywire over Lagos deportation with their leaders using 'amala politics' terms - we all saw how they went nuts over that and this is apparently what they have discussed offline and passed amongst themselves. And as for Lagos being 'no man's land', before the deportation saga you lots have always said it and I've been hearing it as far back as childhood days and I would often ask my parents if it is true. The mentality most Igbo people display here on NL is what circulates amongst a vast majority of them - including how they defaced and distorted coup and civil war history and how Yorubas are cowards to mention a few.

You lots should know the reaction of most Yoruba online (NL and other fora where discussions hold) is what is beginning to spread amongst the majority. You should see where Yoruba sit and discuss politics or Nigeria in general then weigh it with what holds on nairaland.

Igbo-Yoruba relationship is marred with a big gash which has come to the head but being 'managed'. It is only a matter of time though.

The only place you'll find Nigerians blurring ethnicity even against their own kin is in confraternities/cults and sports (soccer) to an extent - it is funny but it is true.

Let's quit trying to disconnect online from real life, they go hand in hand in this day and age!

Lastly, Tpia please don't derail this thread with your posts against Desola. She's making valid points.

5 Likes

Re: National Confab: Why We Won’t Discuss Breaking Up Nigeria By Sen. Femi Okurounmu by sCun: 12:07am On Oct 27, 2013
People should learn how to speak for themselves alone. That's my own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VIDEO: APC Bomb Femi Fani Kayode In New Video Advert / Results From Gombe. Who Did This To Jonathan? / Fear Grips Bayelsa Politicians Over Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.