Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails (16900 Views)

Drop Your Site And Get A Good Traffic Here / Picture Of My Hacked Site And How I Resolved The Problem / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hello everyone, will like you to shade morelight on what it entails to have a football betting company/organisation. i do not mean being an agent i mean having my own betting company. also how much will the website of it cost, registration and all that's needed to get it started. does it require time on the computer? pls will love if someone will put me through. thanks so much.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by sisqology(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Its a long story jare. I'm on mobile.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
sisqology: Its a long story jare. I'm on mobile.

you can also get it summarised jare.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2013
still waiting for you guys plsplspls
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by winexviv: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2013
fitnesswis: still waiting for you guys plsplspls
Bro, running a football betting site is a very huge investment both in cash, people, deep research and time. Hiring an excellent developer or team of web developers that will develop the web application for you will cost you millions (You can see a 10k developer that will use wordpress to fix up anything and you will still fail), and if you can afford that then you need to rent an office space where you will hire a team of staff which entails a web designer, a web developer, a graphics designer, customer support team, a football analyst, a financial manager and an information architect. All these people and more must be employed to enable you run the business. Also you need to have alot of millions in your companies account to be able to pay first 1000 people assuming you lost to all bets. Finally you will have to invest huge on social media marketing, billboard marketing, TV adverts, radio adverts and similar mediums. These are some of my suggestions but you will have to research deeply before you go into the business if eventually you are financially capable. Goodluck
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks so much for youradvice my dear. from what i have also read online not all that started did with millions like you pointed out. but i gained something with what you said and thanks so much.
please will be happy if others can also help me out here.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
you dont need to build the site from scratch or hire and web developer. just get a good sportbook software provider and you are good to go. read my other post and the previous post you commented.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by sisqology(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
winexviv: Bro, running a football betting site is a very huge investment both in cash, people, deep research and time. Hiring an excellent developer or team of web developers that will develop the web application for you will cost you millions (You can see a 10k developer that will use wordpress to fix up anything and you will still fail), and if you can afford that then you need to rent an office space where you will hire a team of staff which entails a web designer, a web developer, a graphics designer, customer support team, a football analyst, a financial manager and an information architect. All these people and more must be employed to enable you run the business. Also you need to have alot of millions in your companies account to be able to pay first 1000 people assuming you lost to all bets. Finally you will have to invest huge on social media marketing, billboard marketing, TV adverts, radio adverts and similar mediums. These are some of my suggestions but you will have to research deeply before you go into the business if eventually you are financially capable. Goodluck

You don't need all this jare, just have an investor and a developer, and u will buy bookmaker script for millions.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by solutions247(m): 12:46am On Oct 29, 2013
fitnesswis: Thanks so much for youradvice my dear. from what i have also read online not all that started did with millions like you pointed out. but i gained something with what you said and thanks so much.
please will be happy if others can also help me out here.
well existing applications already built can be used in runing a beting website like nairabet runs on software already by web developers but building 4rm skratch requires many work n money like saharabet.com waz built by a nairalander.. If u need an aplication to start imediately u must have money 2 run d biznes.. Check out www. Betdigits . Com
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
so how do i get existing applications please?
also other things i need to have and the cost of opening a betting company especially cost of the website/hosting etc.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by OkwaIfugo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
don't mind them. you hahahhahahha really really and really do have whats on me mind.
I think private hosting can and can surely do then buy script and may be and i say may be set aside 100k for it and your good i mean your surely good to go. The bookmakers or makers we have today started small and improved.
but do not do as you cannot carry.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
bro thank you a lot. i got more than your budget as you said here. others pls contibute naa
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by sisqology(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
fitnesswis: bro thank you a lot. i got more than your budget as you said here. others pls contibute naa

I have a client too(not in 9ja) currently developing one for him, u can contact me sha, I will hint u
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Shadowblaqq(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Go to freelancers websites and post a detailed project discription. Then wait for bids from talented developers. http://freelancer.com is the website, and they operate an escrow payment system. With less than $500 you can begin to get quality bids from their vast pool of talented developers, rated according to their rating system. Check it out. Confused? Hala me.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Shadowblaqq(m): 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Go to freelancers websites and post a detailed project discription. Then wait for bids from talented developers. http://freelancer.com is the website, and they operate an escrow payment system. With less than $500 you can begin to get quality bids from their vast pool of talented developers, rated according to their rating system. Check it out. Confused? Hala me. clicktrendz@consultant.com. Running a sports betting portal is not hard, if you happen to be a developer that is a plus for you , otherwise you need to set aside a little budget.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
i also have that same dream but capital is not smiling at me right now grin

from my research, what you need are
1. good Sportbook software provider (i have contacted some in the past)
2. unique brand name
3. government license
4. attractive office space
5. very good marketing directors.
99. huge capital
100. perseverance/patience

but now that the market is becoming saturated with new bookies springing up every month, my advice is.............
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
C. whyte:
i also have that same dream but capital is not smiling at me right now grin

from my research, what you need are
1. good Sportbook software provider (i have contacted some in the past)
2. unique brand name
3. government license
4. attractive office space
5. very good marketing directors.
99. huge capital
100. perseverance/patience

but now that the market is becoming saturated with new bookies springing up every month, my advice is.............

think you will start business then apply for government license. nairabet of all the years got his last year as the information i have. thanks for other contributions.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2013
oh, is that the way you want to run yours ?

but what i know is that the Lottery Board does not have provisional Licence for online gaming until last year and that was when Nairabet registered.

in case you dont know, early this year, about 7 bookies were 'bursted' by the ministry.

i have been in the betting business for long and i know what it entails. Right now, the market is moving to the street, online still sells but the street sells more. i dont know what your capital is like but my advice is:

1. divide your capital into 2 (10million divided by 2= 5 million)
2. locate extremely populated areas and rent shops there. 5 million should be able to rent and furnish at least 12 betting shops to taste.
3. sign up with a bookie, work as an agent for at least 6 months. this is to enable you gain the necessary experience and customer base.
4. after you must have been satisfied with your weekly sales and returns, get a sportbook software provider to launch yours. please forget about buying scripts and hiring developer, it is a big headache.
5. dont forget to get your license o, i dont like illegal business.

i hope you understand why you should get like 10 shops before starting yours. EXPERIENCE AND CUSTOMERS.

2 Likes

Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 8:24am On Oct 31, 2013
your an agent of a bookie i guess.
if i want to be an agent i wouldnt open this thread. a business must start and run for some time before the owner can go and get license.
all your saying 10mil and 5 million is not how all these over 18 bettings sites in nigeria started. stop scaring someone pls. i already have been into betting for years now and already have a good and standard office. opening another is not an issue but 200k is very ok to start on a low key and then as things progress i improve.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
lol i thought you are really serious about owning a betting company. lol
200k? i cant stop laughing.

having betting experience is different from having "The Betting Business Experience"

why do you want to run a business without licence? Potential Agents and Stakers will avoid you. including me.

i advice you close the thread and re-open when you are ready for business.

you want to run a betting site with 200k? get serious pls
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
by the way
i am not an agent
i am an operator. (a super-agent)
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
lets get this sorted.
business is already registered with coperate affairs commision last week.
getting license from the government for the betting is whats remaining and you have to open and run for some time before having the license.
please for crying out loud i have some bookies who do not even have CAC registration not to talk of license and they are operating and doing well.
can you google '' nigeria betting sites'' and see what am saying. contact the owners of any site you get.
sto scaring someone your approach is so bad.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
fitnesswis: lets get this sorted.
business is already registered with coperate affairs commision last week.
getting license from the government for the betting is whats remaining and you have to open and run for some time before having the license.
please for crying out loud i have some bookies who do not even have CAC registration not to talk of license and they are operating and doing well.
can you google '' nigeria betting sites'' and see what am saying. contact the owners of any site you get.
sto scaring someone your approach is so bad.

all the best bro
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
thank you and other of your contributions are welcome.
which good script is best to use.
you can help me please i mean a low script for now.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
just like i said, dont use scripts or hire developers. the headache is too much.
use a good sportbook software provider

fitnesswis: thank you and other of your contributions are welcome.
which good script is best to use.
you can help me please i mean a low script for now.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
ok sir.
where do i get it?
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Cwhyte(m): 6:58am On Nov 04, 2013
the good ones are expensive thats why i said you can not run a sport betting business with 200k.
how will you settle won bet?
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by fitnesswis: 7:40am On Nov 04, 2013
like i told you, i will start small and to improve will set number of allowed bets and then try to see how i will be able to balance the earnings and losses. i will not accept the much i cannot carry. so tell me the price of what your saying and how to get it.
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by chinene1(f): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2013
Shadowblaqq: Go to freelancers websites and post a detailed project discription. Then wait for bids from talented developers. http://freelancer.com is the website, and they operate an escrow payment system. With less than $500 you can begin to get quality bids from their vast pool of talented developers, rated according to their rating system. Check it out. Confused? Hala me. clicktrendz@consultant.com. Running a sports betting portal is not hard, if you happen to be a developer that is a plus for you , otherwise you need to set aside a little budget.

There is also the nigerian version www.skillsmix.com. Post your project there and watch as the best minds in Naija bid for it. On online, offline sports bet mobile application was developed on this site. Goodluck
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by sisqology(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2013
chi nene:

There is also the nigerian version www.skillsmix.com. Post your project there and watch as the best minds in Naija bid for it. On online, offline sports bet mobile application was developed on this site. Goodluck

Invalid URL
Re: Developing A Sports Betting Site And What It Entails by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
sisqology:

You don't need all this jare, just have an investor and a developer, and u will buy bookmaker script for millions.
You sure know what you are talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost / Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.