Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians (36588 Views)

Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by tigonana: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Mr.Olodo:
--
honestly u jst D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ waste ur tyme.
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Hotdiamond(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
when we Nigerians learn to do the right things and stick to them

when We do not allow greed to overshadow our sense of proper resaoning

when every Nigerian has a positive mindset and learn to things the right way and not following the crowd

when We as patriotic Nigerians demand for the right thing from our public office holders

then We can proudly say We've arrived.
but that we'll just keep backsliding further.
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Yahoo1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nonybb: I want to do some refutations because i have seen some gu.llible Nigerians praising that slave camp called Gaynians. Ghanaians obey the law? Mr man where are u coming frm? Dont u knw that wat makes Ghana is only accra? Can u enjoy similar thing in one big Ghetto called kumasi? Even a common sense would tell u that the reason why it was so is because they have administrative headquarters there. Have u been to Abuja? This is funny because Abuja is a class modern city without choas and street sellers, this is unlike accra in particular and Ghana as a whole. We have atleast 5 upcoming modernalize city but Ghana had only accra and accra is not even enough but an overpopulated land mass. Yes Nigerians are "likely" unstable. I use the word "likely" because anybody here would appreciate our numerous ethnic backgrounds and numbers.
Ghana education system is better? This is highly an apocryphal because it had not been proven anywhere. Infact our educational system is even better because it is more tedious. In Nigeria u must pass jamb, but in Ghana only WAEC u could enter their university. So Nigerians without brain runs there because they are unlikely to survive here.
Ghana electricity is better? I cant believe because this nonsense. Today electricity in Nigeria have increased upto 90% frm wat it used to be. That is why i said u are full of ignorant. When was the last time u visited this country? Some of your mates are in South Africa or Europe and u want to ridicule Nigeria with a lesser shit called Ghana? Dont u knw that Ghana have incureable disease in there DNA called INFERIORITY COMPLEX? I guess u have catch the disease too
1000likes...but dude,u better start modifying..;Spelling errors nd stuffs. peace

1 Like

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by dederocs(m): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ghanians have no toilet,every where is littered with public toilets
80% OF Ghanian dudes are lame
Ghanians are pretenders
Ghanians hate Nigerians
Ghanians live an austerity life.

8 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by ikekings1: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
seedord247: 11. Ghanians are dark like jollof rice pot.

12. A lightskinned humanoid in ghana is an outcast.

13. Ghanian men shoes is longer than a cutlass. grin
Lmao!!! **falls from okada**..

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by dederocs(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hotdiamond: when we Nigerians learn to do the right things and stick to them

when We do not allow greed to overshadow our sense of proper resaoning

when every Nigerian has a positive mindset and learn to things the right way and not following the crowd

when We as patriotic Nigerians demand for the right thing from our public office holders

then We can proudly say We've arrived.
but that we'll just keep backsliding further.

never ever compare Ghana to Nigeria-maybe u ave never been there,i ave...nothing there.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by vislabraye(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
I agree so much with no. 5. They're pretenders, well let me just talk about the Ghanian neighbour we had in Nigeria
. They were also teacher. The wife was a teacher in the primary school I attended. She hardly said any good thing about me. She goes to spoil me to my parents just to gain favour.
And she used to be partial. There was a white boy in our class and she was always praising him. And the funny part was that the boy was not brilliant compared to me.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Infomizer(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
carujmonella: This is a nice post devoid sentiment from a man who married a ghanaian woman and have lived in ghana long enough to beat his chest and say he knows deep rooted knowledge about the two countries' lifestyle.

[...]

On number 3, is that not the same fate in nigeria and MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES?. Go to SA, the whites lords over the blacks. Here in nigeria, the white man is taken like a demi god. Paid higher/earn higher in their positions. And nigerians copy the white men too. From lifestyle to fashion sense and what not. I think it's an african thingy it's pathetic!!. Black need to liberate themselves from the "slave mentality". Nothing wrong in copying the white men but we should loose our minds while copying them most importantly we shouldn't loose our "core values" upon which our "africanness" are built
Well written buddy! Most Africans have not gained mental independence! Sad thing is, they're not willing to. Baba FELA once sang, "if you dey follow follow, make you open eye, open ear, open sense...". We're mentally in the gutter/cupboard he sang that the "follow follow" will find himself and we seem to be comfy in it. It's pitiable folks. Smh!

1 Like

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ghanians are black, black as in black and most of them hate Nigeria. Cefini!

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Britzdon(m): 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
seedord247: 11. Ghanians are dark like jollof rice pot.

12. A lightskinned humanoid in ghana is an outcast.

13. Ghanian men shoes is longer than a cutlass. grin
lwkmd
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by McLuhan(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
While I can relate to the poster's comments, I cannot fail to note with dismay the depth to which our country's stock has sunk internationally, a fact exemplified by the barely disguised disdain with which many countries in Africa and elsewhere now treat our nationals. Why do they heap such contempt on us? They do so because:

1) In trying to flee from our politically inflicted poverty, our compatriots have become economic immigrants in places that once begged alms from Nigeria.

2) Nigerians are a garrulous and loquacious brood of noisemakers who, having become acculturated to a system of noisy dysfunction, cannot easily adjust to a serene normalcy.

3) Our repute - or disrepute - goes ahead of us. Nigerians are among the most religious people on earth, but some of them - I daresay, many of them - will not hesitate to fleece an unsuspecting business partner (a "maga" or "mugu" in the language of advance free fraud). They will then rationalise such crimes by claiming it is God's favour.

4) Nigeria boasts many exceptional talents in diverse fields. Think about the Soyinkas, the Achebes, the Kanus, the Okochas, etc. But we also boast some of the world's greatest evil genuises: people who have pulled off the most heinous credit card scams in living memory, political leaders who have stolen entire annual budgets, presidents who have ordered the massacre of whole villages and communities, and so on and so forth.

5) Last but not least, Nigeria continues to struggle with minor problems that other countries had long overcome. Today, Nigeria is among the three countries in the world where polio, the childhood killer disease, is still endemic. The others, Pakistan and Afghanistan, are countries that are either emerging from war or have suffered protracted instability. Electricity supply in Nigeria, like most other public utilities, is an unending lamentation. And then of course there is the emerging monster popularly called Boko Haram.

In short, it is amazing that other countries still issue visas to Nigerians. There is no other country on earth that holds greater promise but that has worked as hard to wreck that promise.

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
LOL funny!
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by McLuhan(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
While I can relate to the poster's comments, I cannot fail to note with dismay the depth to which our country's stock has sunk internationally, a fact exemplified by the barely disguised disdain with which many countries in Africa and elsewhere now treat our nationals. Why do they heap such contempt on us? They do so because:

1) In trying to flee from our politically inflicted poverty, our compatriots have become economic immigrants in places that once begged alms from Nigeria.

2) Nigerians are a garrulous and loquacious brood of noisemakers who, having become acculturated to a system of noisy dysfunction, cannot easily adjust to a serene normalcy.

3) Our repute - or disrepute - goes ahead of us. Nigerians are among the most religious people on earth, but some of them - I daresay, many of them - will not hesitate to fleece an unsuspecting business partner (a "maga" or "mugu" in the language of advance free fraud). They will then rationalise such crimes by claiming it is God's favour.

4) Nigeria boasts many exceptional talents in diverse fields. Think about the Soyinkas, the Achebes, the Kanus, the Okochas, etc. But we also boast some of the world's greatest evil genuises: people who have pulled off the most heinous credit card scams in living memory, political leaders who have stolen entire annual budgets, presidents who have ordered the massacre of whole villages and communities, and so on and so forth.

5) Last but not least, Nigeria continues to struggle with minor problems that other countries had long overcome. Today, Nigeria is among the three countries in the world where polio, the childhood killer disease, is still endemic. The others, Pakistan and Afghanistan, are countries that are either emerging from war or have suffered protracted instability. Electricity supply in Nigeria, like most other public utilities, is an unending lamentation. And then of course there is the emerging monster popularly called Boko Haram.

In short, it is amazing that other countries still issue visas to Nigerians. There is no other country on earth that holds greater promise but that has worked as hard to wreck that promise.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Okijajuju1(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nonybb: I want to do some refutations because i have seen some gu.llible Nigerians praising that slave camp called Gaynians. Ghanaians obey the law? Mr man where are u coming frm? Dont u knw that wat makes Ghana is only accra? Can u enjoy similar thing in one big Ghetto called kumasi? Even a common sense would tell u that the reason why it was so is because they have administrative headquarters there. Have u been to Abuja? This is funny because Abuja is a class modern city without choas and street sellers, this is unlike accra in particular and Ghana as a whole. We have atleast 5 upcoming modernalize city but Ghana had only accra and accra is not even enough but an overpopulated land mass. Yes Nigerians are "likely" unstable. I use the word "likely" because anybody here would appreciate our numerous ethnic backgrounds and numbers.
Ghana education system is better? This is highly an apocryphal because it had not been proven anywhere. Infact our educational system is even better because it is more tedious. In Nigeria u must pass jamb, but in Ghana only WAEC u could enter their university. So Nigerians without brain runs there because they are unlikely to survive here.
Ghana electricity is better? I cant believe because this nonsense. Today electricity in Nigeria have increased upto 90% frm wat it used to be. That is why i said u are full of ignorant. When was the last time u visited this country? Some of your mates are in South Africa or Europe and u want to ridicule Nigeria with a lesser shit called Ghana? Dont u knw that Ghana have incureable disease in there DNA called INFERIORITY COMPLEX? I guess u have catch the disease too

Im sorry but your rants leave alot to be desired as you have written a lot but made very little points.

SO!! By your comment, NIGERIAN education is better than the U.S system where all you need to do to enter the University is ace your standardized test (which is the equivalent of our SSCE)..

Look.. There is no comparison between the standards obtained in Ghana and those obtained in Nigeria with regards to educational standards. Whilst Nigerian students have been on strike now for almost a year, the longest University strike action I witnessed in Ghana during my days lasted 1 week into resumption date.

The teaching standards are better as students get to annonymously vet lecturers at the end of each session and this assessment forms a part of the lecturers appraisal for promotion.

Test integrity in Ghana is higher than that of Nigeria where examination malpractice now has many fancy names like; 'sorting', 'blocking', 'n'je', e.t.c.. IN Ghana, I remember how some Ghanaians went and snitched that an examination that they were writing had leaked. On the exam day, they brought the Police to class with the guy who leaked the test papers in handcuffs..

JAMB is not a standard for measuring a good educational system.

And I will agree with you that Accra is the only city worthy of being called a city in the whole country, but what has that got to do with obeying the Law?!
I use to think that the Ghanaian Police didnt take bribes until I noticed that they did, but not in the open like the Nigerian Police. They hide to do thier and this is even in the most remote of places o! The truth is that in Ghana, they generally respect and obey the law better than Nigerians do. #FACT!

Electricity in Ghana is better than Nigeria #FACT!!
When I schooled in Ghana, it was the era of 24hrs light. Before I left, things had started taking a turn for the worse with the shedding system of 12hours light, 6 hours darkness. But the beauty of this shedding system was that when you were guaranteed light, there was light and they didnt take it and bring it like they do in Nigeria. Without a doubt, the power situation has improved in Nigeria (and I cant speak with that much authority about Ghana's power situation seeing as I left that country over 8 years ago.. However, if they still run that shedding style with the same efficiency I use to experience, then they are still better than Nigeria in that regard.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Hotdiamond(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
dederocs:

never ever compare Ghana to Nigeria-maybe u ave never been there,i ave...nothing there.
No nation is perfect. all I'm saying is that most times we are not truthful to ourselves.
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by dad007(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
cashkid18: shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked
One lov,where is d lov?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
McLuhan: While I can relate to the poster's comments, I cannot fail to note with dismay the depth to which our country's stock has sunk internationally, a fact exemplified by the barely disguised disdain with which many countries in Africa and elsewhere now treat our nationals. Why do they heap such contempt on us? They do so because:

Shattap!! Are you trying to compare Nigeria to Ghana :\
Even port-harcourt is better than their capital.
Shattap I say again grin

Op water dey worry ur brain??

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

Im sorry but your rants leave alot to be desired as you have written a lot but made very little points.

SO!! By your comment, NIGERIAN education is better than the U.S system where all you need to do to enter the University is ace your standardized test (which is the equivalent of our SSCE)..

Look.. There is no comparison between the standards obtained in Ghana and those obtained in Nigeria with regards to educational standards. Whilst Nigerian students have been on strike now for almost a year, the longest University strike action I witnessed in Ghana during my days lasted 1 week into resumption date.

The teaching standards are better as students get to annonymously vet lecturers at the end of each session and this assessment forms a part of the lecturers appraisal for promotion.

Test integrity in Ghana is higher than that of Nigeria where examination malpractice now has many fancy names like; 'sorting', 'blocking', 'n'je', e.t.c.. IN Ghana, I remember how some Ghanaians went and snitched that an examination that they were writing had leaked. On the exam day, they brought the Police to class with the guy who leaked the test papers in handcuffs..

JAMB is not a standard for measuring a good educational system.

And I will agree with you that Accra is the only city worthy of being called a city in the whole country, but what has that got to do with obeying the Law?!
I use to think that the Ghanaian Police didnt take bribes until I noticed that they did, but not in the open like the Nigerian Police. They hide to do thier and this is even in the most remote of places o! The truth is that in Ghana, they generally respect and obey the law better than Nigerians do. #FACT!

Electricity in Ghana is better than Nigeria #FACT!!
When I schooled in Ghana, it was the era of 24hrs light. Before I left, things had started taking a turn for the worse with the shedding system of 12hours light, 6 hours darkness. But the beauty of this shedding system was that when you were guaranteed light, there was light and they didnt take it and bring it like they do in Nigeria. Without a doubt, the power situation has improved in Nigeria (and I cant speak with that much authority about Ghana's power situation seeing as I left that country over 8 years ago.. However, if they still run that shedding style with the same efficiency I use to experience, then they are still better than Nigeria in that regard.

And bin dey make sense small small before o, but as you don school for ghana, then don infect ur brain.

Ghanian educational system is in no way as good as Nigeria's. Do you want us to start mentioning names/products, we should compare brains that have been churned out in Nigeria vs Ghana?

If the rumour is true, the longest strike in West-Africa/Africa happened in Ghana, for 1yr, ours is 4months (damn those lecturers).

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by cashkid18(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
dad007: One lov,where is d lov?
hv they started sellin jamb form
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Oildichotomy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
FACT
Most Nigerians want to travel to Ghana to escape 'poverty' and gain exposure.
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Okijajuju1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Promhize:

And bin dey make sense small small before o, but as you don school for ghana, then don infect ur brain.

Ghanian educational system is in no way as good as Nigeria's. Do you want us to start mentioning names/products, we should compare brains that have been churned out in Nigeria vs Ghana?

If the rumour is true, the longest strike in West-Africa/Africa happened in Ghana, for 1yr, ours is 4months (damn those lecturers).

In what way is Nigerias educational system good please?
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by ceejay80s(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
ghanians, ìts best una go open una own forum
CEDILAND

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Okijajuju1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
FACT
Most Nigerians want to travel to Ghana to escape 'poverty' and gain exposure.

grin

grin

grin

Really!!?

The richest Man in Ghana is a middle income earner in Nigeria.. Please dont ever bring poverty talk into a discussion involving Nigerians and Ghanaians.

Two Nigerians alone can buy your entire country..

12 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by IAMBREEZY: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Are u sick mr why do hv to quote that bozo and type BS
Akinmail:

thanks once again
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Oildichotomy(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin

grin

grin

Really!!?

The richest Man in Ghana is a middle income earner in Nigeria.. Please dont ever bring poverty talk into a discussion involving Nigerians and Ghanaians.

Two Nigerians alone can but your entire country..
MY entire country??
Who are two Nigerians?
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by LadyH(f): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
thanks for d info on num 5. i refuse to agree though that Ghanian certificates r valued more dan Naija's.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

In what way is Nigerias educational system good please?

Nigerian graduates are better than Ghana's, I can say it anywhere, anytime.

The police bribe, I'd like to know your definition of bribe because what most of our policemen/women collect is a tip and not bribe.

In the case of examination malpractice, I guess its been a while you have been to any Nigerian university. I school in oau and there's no such as malpractice being condoned, there'd surely be cases of lecturers awarding some students marks even in the so-called good educational systems.

In the case of JAMB, JAMB officials don't take nonsense, if you'd talked about NECO - which most Nigerians don't take serious, compared to WAEC which most accepted and taken in high regard.

In an effort to curb Malpractices Jamb introduced metal detectors, rigorous paper types, they ban exam centres with the slightest evidence of malpractice.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
MY entire country??
Who are two Nigerians?

Only lazy Nigerians run to Ghana because Nigerians are generally smarter in making money than Ghanians.
How many home-grown large/multi-national companies do you have in Ghana?

Please don't let this ill-informed right-up get to your head.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
these issues of hatred nd envy are jus too overflogged and personal....i have nothing against Ghana
and finally i pity those who are here jus to criticize other peoples opinion,i pity you because you wont go far

1 Like

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Yahoo1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
Promhize:

Shattap!! Are you trying to compare Nigeria to Ghana :\
Even port-harcourt is better than their capital.
Shattap I say again grin

Op water dey worry ur brain??
it shuld be; ARE YOU TRYING TO COMPARE GHSNA TO NIGERIA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Oruko, Oriki And Orile, The Genius Of The Yoruba In Human Nomenclature / Makeup Transformation Of New Olori Of Ikorodu Land(pics) / Epic Photo Of King Jaja Of Opobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.