Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians (36590 Views)

Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by 49cents(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
carujmonella: This is a nice post(to a great extent) from a man who married a ghanaian woman and have lived in ghana long enough to beat his chest and say he knows deep rooted knowledge about the two countries' lifestyle.

That said I wanna talk about numbers 2 and 3

On number 2, I think the feeling is mutual in the heart of both countries' citizens'. Same way nigerians feel that ghanaians hates them is the same way ghanaians think that nigerian hates them. The fights/wars are mostly fought on the internet and it's not that serious offline. People tend to exaggerate matters when it comes to nigeria vs ghana. From the tales I have heard offline, ghanaians live peacefully with nigerians. Though there might be seed of discord from time to time( hatred/enviness is bound to spring out from one individual or the other), I think the nigerians and ghanains live in concord more than unconcord

On number 3, is that not the same fate in nigeria and MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES?. Go to SA, the whites lords over the blacks. Here in nigeria, the white man is taken like a demi god. Paid higher/earn higher in their positions. And nigerians copy the white men too. From lifestyle to fashion sense and what not. I think it's an african thingy it's pathetic!!. Black need to liberate themselves from the "slave mentality". Nothing wrong in copying the white men but we shouldn't loose our minds while copying them most importantly we shouldn't loose our "core values" upon which our "africanness" are built

So you quoted your fellow person's rant and then posted this one line bullshìt?. You're more stùpid than I give you credit for angry

So what's african in calling a fellow african a fvcktard becos you don't share there opinion!!! African inded
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Antell95(m): 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
The mod should bring the curtain down on this 'inane' thread
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by V0lv0(f): 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nigerians are such a hateful nation. I have never met people like this before in my life. Petrodollar is right. The average Nigerian hates Ghanaians but pretend. At least Ghanaians know this. Have come to realise that Nigerians and Ghanaians are like oil and water. They can never mix well. However what is so ironic is these haters who hide behide having Ghanaian wifes, or girlfriends. Like they say shit about Ghana then say they do not hate Ghanaians cos they are dating a "wonderful" Ghanaian woman. How retarded is that. Who knows what motives they have for dating(perhaps citizenship) but its the stupid ladies I blame

8 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by GHKWAME(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
goingsolo: Ghanaians are short people, very dark and ugly. But some of their girls carry honey under their legs I must confess, just tasted another one dis afternoon na confirm !!
Your mother has never done anything bad to me apart from giving birth to you so I apologise to her for insulting her because she could not have known you would grow to be a pain to me and a few others..... anyways, were you not the same dude claiming your mother was a v.irgin on the other thread?

8 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by collynzo2(m): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
This article written by a Ghanaian today summarises it all. UNADULTERATED HATE
http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/wap/article.php?ID=290113

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Antell95(m): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
brown soldier: SORRY PLS. What is Ghana? Is it the capital of Osun State?
its a name of a Country filled with ***s

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Reincarnated(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
@Op, that number 3 is just ridiculous. Its not just Ghana abeg.
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Antell95(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
collynzo2: This article written by a Ghanaian today summarises it all. UNADULTERATED HATE
Collynzo is here.o, Ghanaians mak una hide.o

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by RoyalPearl(f): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Antell95: Collynzo is here.o, Ghanaians mak una hide.o
Hide for what As if we care. He has been doing the same ish, nothing new. Whatever rocks his boat and makes him sleep at night

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Antell95(m): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Hide for what As if we care. He has been doing the same ish, nothing new. Whatever rocks his boat and makes him sleep at night
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
jus watching
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by GHKWAME(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
collynzo2: This article written by a Ghanaian today summarises it all. UNADULTERATED HATE
^^^Cached from the above link »»» I understand that, there is a policy in
Nigeria which requires that about 70
percent of songs played on radio and
television be of Nigeria content. From the look of things, Ghana needs such a policy.
««« Pure Truth!

6 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Chartey(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
gratieao: GHANA did you say?

1. Ghanaian women accept polygamy far easier than Liberian women! However, Ghanaian men chase Liberian women too because they have massive backsides usually bigger than Ghanaian, whom are know for broad shoulders and firm bustlines.
2. Ghana has the largest amount of churches in West Africa.
3. Ghanaians bad mouth the Ewe tribe because they hold true to Vodou/traditional beliefs more than most other Ghana tribes. The Nzema tribe too is no lite-weight!
4. Ghanaians normally wear used clothes from abroad. As to wear traditional African clothes is a sign of wealth. Usually saved for special occasions like weddings, funerals, out-doorings, Vodou festivals, etc.
5. Some Ghanaian women love to seek out white men for foreigner marriages, to get into countries off the African continent. They love to minipulate such men because they, such men, are so naive about Black life globally.
6. Plenty Whites seek to vacation in Ghana, so they can experience Black flesh they are too closeted to experience in their home countries, were the Blacks know what their mindsets are really like. They White gays, lesbians and pedophiles take advantage of the currency exchange rates to get sex on the cheap in Ghana. Plenty closeted lesbian white college girls do a semester or two in Ghana, to seekout closeted bi or lesbian Ghanaian women. The foreign men come for the closeted gay Ghanaians, including boys.
7. Ghanaian mothers are very closed-minded, if they are usually over 55 yrs old. Meaning, they shun their sons marrying other Black Africa-born, whom are not Ghanaians. They tell their sons, " I want a proper Ghanaian for my daughter-in-law!" Now if you are a foreigner from outside the African continent and your currency is far more in exchange than the Ghanaian Cedi...NO PROBLEM! Mama will love you!
8. In Ghana, far less women are FGM victims. Meaning their "pearl-tongue" has not been removed. If you find such, it is usually in the North where islam is far more common. In countries like Gambia, Sierre Leone and Mali, FGM is done to over 85% of the female population. New laws are decreasing the numbers slowly but in islamic areas it is blatant.
9. In Ghana, unemployment is extremely high. So many do small business(self-employment via training at trade schools) and hawk goods by or on the roads. Because incomes are so low usually, moving to Ghana, especially for African American men is like moving to Heaven, without dying first. Polygamy...no problem, especially if you pay homage to the Vodoun shrines.
10. When Ghanaian men are made chiefs or paramount chiefs, WIVES come with the title, as polygamy is ingrained in such culture. Even those professing to be 'christian' merely hid their other wives. So to knock the prez of South Africa, as ugly as he is, means nothing to Africans. They feel God created an abundance of women, especially as a man ages and such was no mistake. No matter how many closeted lesbians, there are PLENTY women whom love their men folk and single women are a taboo! If you are a woman, over age 35, never married, you will be confronted by groups of married women. They will tell you this is a FAMILY society, Africa-wide. If you fail to find a husband soon, They will beat you and chase you out of the area.

Have u ever been to Nigeria? Cuz i don't see any difference with Nigeria in what u've said.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by GHKWAME(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Antell95: its a name of a Country filled with ***s
. The Toilet Named Nigeria http://washafrica./2011/07/12/the-toilet-named-nigeria/
Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Chaoga: 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
All I know is, our Ghanaian brothers are really really black! Blacker than Michelin tyres

6 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
GH KWAME: . The Toilet Named Nigeria http://washafrica./2011/07/12/the-toilet-named-nigeria/
way back 2011!.........seriously??

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Reincarnated(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
So i've finished reading the whole thread and I can't help but notice how pathetic some human beings are. The numerous problems of a black man tho smh.. Nothing disgusts me more than seeing blacks hating on their own race.

Chauvinistic motherphuckaz. Unfollows thread angry

7 Likes

Re: The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians by Fulaman198(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.

this thread has been closed for this reason, obey the rules at all times. There will be no ethnic or national conflicts here. That is for politics not culture.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Oruko, Oriki And Orile, The Genius Of The Yoruba In Human Nomenclature / Makeup Transformation Of New Olori Of Ikorodu Land(pics) / Epic Photo Of King Jaja Of Opobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.