Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? (5827 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / For Those Blaming Nnadi Kanu And IPOB For Dividing Nigeria / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

I think Igbos will be badly hit by the
division because most of their investments are outside Igboland.

Besides an average Igboman will want to be in charge hence the many autonomous
communities you see everywhere in Igboland.

Have you not noticed that kingship in most communities in the East is no
longer by inheritance but by vote hence the word like Igwe elect. Does this not tell you that the Igbos will divide themselves until every family become a
country of its own With every man becoming a president. Haven't you heard
that 'Igbo ama Eze'.

Don't you think you are being selfish by not caring about what happens to other regions after you separate? Have you forgotten that some of your Igbo sisters live in these other tribes or regions by virtue of marriage?

God in His infinite wisdom brought us all together for a purpose. The only problem we have are our leaders who are
insatiably greedy.

Parrot.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by jmoore(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
Is it not d same sermon north sudan was singing to south sudan, until it happened. Y re u ppl so scared and obsessed abt dz breakup issue.

You think I am northerner? Wake up, there are clashes over land by same tribe in some southern states.
You think the south is united? We have more than 250 ethnic groups in this country.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
jmoore:

Corruption is visible in all states and dividing won't be the solution.
Nigeria can't divide so channel your passion to other things.
How won't corruption be visible when u wud see sm1 who scored 2 while others re scoring 140 to get admission, is ruling a very powerful govt ministry,
How won't corruption be visible when some ppl have failed to be sincere to themselves,
How won't corruption be visible when the president calls for a national conference, a particular set of ppl re saying Nigeria doesn't need a national conference, that all they need is a good leader, they failed to rememba dat for 39years of ruling dz country they cudnt produce any reasonable leader, they failed to rememba that one section of dz country hasn't tasted power, y don't u give dat section the chance to see if d good leader wud come from der, but instead they say NO that the leader wud be a good one when he comes from der region.
Who is fooling who
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
And what do u think re d problems we re facing today?... We in d south know who re our problems so if those ppl get der asses bck to Niger where they come from, then its over.

Is it not the same corrupt people from Nigeria that will man the new countries. With all the funds looted, they'll tower high above the poor and be a threat to all around them. The gladiators will eliminate anyone standing in their way and ther will be so much bloodshed until people are coerced to submission.
There'd be no reasonable protests then cos the protesters will be so small in number that they will be crushed before take off. All oppositions will be mercilessly crushed and there would be no freedom speech.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by achi4u(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Again, our major problem is the northern part of this country.

Let the north have their islamic state ..

Let the whole south come together and form their own country.

The profit will surely out weigh the loose.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by eejo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nigeria should stay together each region cannot survive without the other but if it break up the south will suffer because of corruption the North will prosper because of faithfulness if not terrorists created by America you cannot compare life in the North and south. I finished my first degree in ABU zaria but when I was in UNN for my second degree I had to buy water just to bath you cannot find that in the North
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Parrot.

Why did you call me a parrot? I want us to see things from a broad perspective. Were you offended?
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

Is it not the same corrupt people from Nigeria that will man the new countries. With all the funds looted, they'll tower high above the poor and be a threat to all around them. The gladiators will eliminate anyone standing in their way and ther will be so much bloodshed until people are coerced to submission.
There'd be no reasonable protests then cos the protesters will be so small in number that they will be crushed before take off. All oppositions will be mercilessly crushed and there would be no freedom speech.
What makes u think so, do u think if Nigeria breaksup, sm1 who scored 2 wud near university doorsteps, not to talk of d corridor of powers, do u think if Nigeria breaks up, I wud wakeup one day and discover that oil has been discovered in my backyard, I wud be happy that hope has come, only for poverty,pollution and frustration to be greeting ne goodmorning everyday, do u think if Nigeria breaks, one Ediot can daggar me and nothing wud happen?...
God come to our rescue
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
achi4u: Again, our major problem is the northern part of this country.

Let the north have their islamic state ..

Let the whole south come together and form their own country.

The profit will surely out weigh the loose.

Are you sure the Northerners are our problems? With all the hate between the Igbos and Yorubas, do you think they can stay together as a country without problems?
We all contribute to the problem one way or another and until we stop trading blames and admonish ourselves, Nigeria wiu never be a better place.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
eejo: Nigeria should stay together each region cannot survive without the other but if it break up the south will suffer because of corruption the North will prosper because of faithfulness if not terrorists created by America you cannot compare life in the North and south. I finished my first degree in ABU zaria but when I was in UNN for my second degree I had to buy water just to bath you cannot find that in the North
How won't life in d north be easy when we know where most of d resources dat comes from d south re going. U re saying UNN at Enugu, for ur Info zaria/kano allocation is like 3times dat of Enugu. so what's d basis of comparism.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

Are you sure the Northerners are our problems? With all the hate between the Igbos and Yorubas, do you think they can stay together as a country without problems?
We all contribute to the problem one way or another and until we stop trading blames and admonish ourselves, Nigeria wiu never be a better place.
Do u think that if Nigeria is gonna divide into 2 d yoruba's don't know where they belong, they have made it clear that they wud rather vote for a northerner than any southerner, if Nigeria breaks they know where they fall into.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
What makes u think so, do u think if Nigeria breaksup, sm1 who scored 2 wud near university doorsteps, not to talk of d corridor of powers, do u think if Nigeria breaks up, I wud wakeup one day and discover that oil has been discovered in my backyard, I wud be happy that hope has come, only for poverty,pollution and frustration to be greeting ne goodmorning everyday, do u think if Nigeria breaks, one Ediot can daggar me
and nothing wud happen?...
God come to our rescue

I understand the inequality but please remember that he who scored 2 will be awarded a degree in his country if Nigeria breaks up. It won't stop at all.
I feel those from the South south should not fall for this break up thing so that they will be free to enjoy the dividends of their wealth all over Nigeria since their habitat has been degraded and polluted in order to give some people a better life.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

I understand the inequality but please remember that he who scored 2 will be awarded a degree in his country if Nigeria breaks up. It won't stop at all.
I feel those from the South south should not fall for this break up thing so that they will be free to enjoy the dividends of their wealth all over Nigeria since their habitat has been degraded and polluted in order to give some people a better life.

Have you set foot in the southsouth before Your comment is out of this planet.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Don't mind him, they can be free to enjoy there wealth where, is it at Lagos, where the yoruba's re saying the don't want other tribes to share it, or Abuja,
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

The SS governors mismanaged the 13% derivation fund meant to develop their state. What makes you think SS leaders will manage the oil well if we divide.
My problem is not in the division itself but I'm more concerned about problems as well as prospects of dividing Nigeria for the good of everyboy. I want to be sure that what is happening in Nigeria is not a mirror of what will happen in the new countries.
If one is not faithful in little, he can't be faithful in much.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
lygn19:
Don't mind him, they can be free to enjoy there wealth where, is it at Lagos, where the yoruba's re saying the don't want other tribes to share it, or Abuja,

Some of the people that comment here, blow me away with comments. Do they actually live in Nigeria What does OP think the southsouth is Some Amazon jungle polluted with oil. The southsouth is Portharcout, Onne,Ahoda, Elele, calabar,Oron,benin,Auchi, Uromi, Sapele, Oleh Warri, Asaba,Uyo,Yenagoa. How many places in this hell call Nigeria is more live able than these cities.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

The SS governors mismanaged the 13% derivation fund meant to develop their state. What makes you think SS leaders will manage the oil well if we divide.
My problem is not in the division itself but I'm more concerned about problems as well as prospects of dividing Nigeria for the good of everyboy. I want to be sure that what is happening in Nigeria is not a mirror of what will happen in the new countries.
If one is not faithful in little, he can't be faithful in much.

Don't talk about mismanaging 13%, What has your Nigeria and the govs. done with the 87% you stole from us

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by achi4u(m): 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

The problem of igbos with yorubas can easily be dealt with,,,,compare to d northern part who lives by the sword.
The yorubas will surely allow igbos to do their businesses and pay their taxes as at when due with no string attach to it but it will only hit on them like thunder bolt when they to want to reintroduce their already "trade mark" which everyone of us here knows.
Same goes to igbos and we will leave in peace.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by nyabingi(m): 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
The amalgamation of the country in 1914 was a big mistake and there's no need debating over it cos we are made up of different nations, this was one of the reason for the civilwar and till date what we have are bunch of hypocrits who as a result of their selfish interests contunue to lie regarding this isue, i sugest that we operate a confederated system of givernment with a weak centre where each region manages its own resource, institutions and people while an agreed percentage of royalties are being given the central govt. with this system in place, there would be competition in development among the regions.
We could also opt foe outright disintergration because even from conception the different ethnic regions have their perculiar cultures, traditions, religion and other ways of like exclusively unique to them this has also been a problem in the british experiment called nigeria, for instance you cant go to the south east and start talking of sharia or under age marriage etc!
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by achi4u(m): 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Don't talk about mismanaging 13%, What has your Nigeria and the govs. done with the 87% you stole from us
Very dangerous question!

let see how u gonna answer this onegrin
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Some of the people that comment here, blow me away with comments. Do they actually live in Nigeria What does OP think the southsouth is Some Amazon jungle polluted with oil. The southsouth is Portharcout, Onne,Ahoda, Elele, calabar,Oron,benin,Auchi, Uromi, Sapele, Oleh Warri, Asaba,Uyo,Yenagoa. How many places in this hell call Nigeria is more live able than these cities.

The south south include those and more including Ogbe ijo, Udu, Oloibiri, Okolor and Parts of Ughelli to mention a few areas in the interland badly affected by oil exploration.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
iphy42:

The south south include those and more including Ogbe ijo, Udu, Oloibiri, Okolor and Parts of Ughelli to mention a few areas in the interland badly affected by oil exploration.

OP, I am from Ughelli South. Really, don't talk about what you don't know.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

If a governor does not manage 13% well, what makes you think he will fare better with 100%.
this is not only for the SS but for other states as well.

Oil is now being discovered in some other states as well remember? They will use their oil ALONE when yours has been shared.
Btw, I am from an oil producing state too so don't get me wrong.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by fiizznation: 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
achi4u: The problem of igbos with yorubas can easily be dealt with,,,,compare to d northern part who lives by the sword.
The yorubas will surely allow igbos to do their businesses and pay their taxes as at when due with no string attach to it but it will only hit on them like thunder bolt when they to want to reintroduce their already "trade mark" which everyone of us here knows.
Same goes to igbos and we will leave in peace. some pple r jst plain dump. if u r even talking abt unity, the north is more united than the south. and for you to even think that only the yorubas and the ibos recide in the south really baffles me grin stop typing trash with you soot cranium kiddo

Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by fiizznation: 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
achi4u: The problem of igbos with yorubas can easily be dealt with,,,,compare to d northern part who lives by the sword.
Same goes to igbos and we will leave in peace. some pple r jst plain dump. if u r even talking abt unity, the north is more united than the south. and for you to even think that only the yorubas and the ibos recide in the south really baffles me grin stop typing trash with you soot cranium.

Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
atlwireles:

OP, I am from Ughelli South. Really, don't talk about what you don't know.

Ok, since the whole of SS are now decent cities and all pollutions gone, I am sorry for referring to some places as polluted. Maybe i should upgrade myself with a visit.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2013
iphy42:

If a governor does not manage 13% well, what makes you think he will fare better with 100%.
this is not only for the SS but for others ad well.

Oil is now being discovered in some other states as well remember? They will use their oil ALONE when yours has been shared.
Btw, I am from an oil producing state too so don't get me wrong.

My problem with Nigeria is not about oil, but freedom. A young Thomas Jefferson saw the future of his country and drafted, the greatest document since the bible. With the following words, We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This will never happen in Nigeria, unless we divide this country.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by nyabingi(m): 12:02am On Oct 31, 2013
iphy42: Igbos are sort of landlocked and will be at the mercies of those in the coastal region to be able to thrive in what they do best- Importation
Besides they have more at stake because they migrate a lot and have lots of choice properties scattered all over Nigeria.
Igbos hardly rally around a common political idea, this coupled with the many communities(some speaking what others cannot understand with some even claiming they are not Igbos like the Onitcha people) will really make inter dissatisfaction inevitable.
These days, there is hardly an Igbo community or town that is not divided especially in Anambra. You hear of autonomous communities here and there. This divisions clearly show that an average Igbo man want control. In this new Eastern country, who will lead them and into how many countries will they divide in the near future.

yes you are right but this is because The Igbos are republican by nature read your history book the only tribe that really gave the colonial maaters troubles was Ndiigbo but that is no problem, its an advatage that would be explored, being landlocked is not a big deal there are smaller countries in the world tht are landlocked and doing just fine, and for the fact tha nigeria disintegrate doesnt mean that an hausa man can not live in onitsha or yoruba going to live in sokoto you simply obey the laws of your host country by having the necesary papers and documentations!
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2013
Same goes to igbos and we will leave in
peace.

Maybe it's my turn to ask if you've been to the west or north before. If you have then you will know that nothing can cure the disaffection between the Igbos and Yorubas. Do you know how many people that were killed in Lagos in 1993 during the Abiola saga? If not for the Nigerian umbrella, the Yorubas would have long sent the Igbos away. The Igbos hate the Yorubas as much too. The Hausas on the other hand live in peace if not for religious fanatics that incite violence.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by abagoro(m): 12:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Igbos don't hate anybody but most of these Nairaland Igbos are just PDP agents playing to the gallery of their masters. Igbos as a people are very individualistic and often have differed opinions on every issue and can never agree. So never judge all Igbos from what is seen on Nairaland.
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by iphy42: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles:

My problem with Nigeria is not about oil, but freedom. A young Thomas Jefferson saw the future of his country and drafted, the greatest document since the bible. With the following words, We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of
Happiness.

This will never happen in Nigeria, unless we divide this country.

How are you sure that division will bring freedom? My point is this: are we going to import people from Mars to be our citizens, is it not the same set of selfish, corrupt, greedy people that will spill over from Nigeria and continue from where they stopped in the new countries?
Re: Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? by atlwireles: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2013
iphy42:

Maybe it's my turn to ask if you've been to the west or north before. If you have then you will know that nothing can cure the disaffection between the Igbos and Yorubas. Do you know how many people that were killed in Lagos in 1993 during the Abiola saga? If not for the Nigerian umbrella, the Yorubas would have long sent the Igbos away. The Igbos hate the Yorubas as much too. The Hausas on the other hand live in peace if not for religious fanatics that incite violence.

They kill an average of 1000 Nigerians every year in the name of Allah, for past 60 years. Yet you call them peaceful grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Out Of The 15 Senators That Decamped From APC To PDP, 14 Will Not... / Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights / Why PPPRA Lacks Constitutional Power To Determine Fuel Price In Nigeria - Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.