Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,829 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? (2814 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Shakespeare: Complete Works, Free Ebook. / What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by SeanT21(f): 6:42am On Jul 09, 2008
I hate reading Shakespeare novels but my favorite has to be Julius Caesar.

I love the logics in the story. It teaches you not to let power and success get to U in a negative way.

"Friends, Romans, countrymen: Lend me your ears. I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him"
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by nanaboi(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2008
I love Hamlet. Maybe because I'm teaching that to my students now. It's passionate told and evokes a wide variety of emotions.

"To be or not to be"
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by iice(f): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
Never was into Shakespeare undecided But i like Taming of the Shrew grin
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by StAndrew: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2008
the twelft night is my most enjoyed n splendid shakespheare's book[color=#000099][/color] cheesy[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Moyola(f): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2008
My Favourite Shakespeare Novel is Romeo & Juliet wink
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by deleson: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2008
Shakespeare's works are incomparable, but of all his works, I appreciate HAMLET most,followed by Romeo and Juliet.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by thetruth90: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
COMEDY OF ERRORS IS MY BEST.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Feu: 12:58am On Aug 05, 2008
Romeo and Juliet has always been my favorite. After that, I will pick HAMLET. Was forced to read it in my early years. I love it now though.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by onyinye2(f): 12:59am On Aug 05, 2008
Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. I think would have been a good Juliet tongue grin
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by lucabrasi(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2008
@topic
macbeth,
merchant of venice a close second
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 16, 2008
The Taming of the Shrew. cool
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by MadMax1(f): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2008
I love Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing. Terrific.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by tammyswits(f): 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2008
@Mad-max now you talking, i love Much Ado About Nothin, especially coz of the drama btwn beatrice n bennedick.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by MadMax1(f): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
The guy was a genius at creating original characters and dialogue. Benedick and Beatrice werebefore their time, esp Beatrice.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by nawah1: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
definitely 'the taming of the shrew'.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Orikinla(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2008
William Shakespeare wrote plays and poems and not novels.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by tope2000(f): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
The Taming of the Shrew and macbeth
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by bluespice(f): 12:18am On Sep 04, 2008
Shakespeare is my alltime best author

i find it hard to pick my best of his books
but Comedy of errors
and Macbeth
i just realised i prefer macbeth to Julius CaeserĀ  hmmm undecided
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by candide(f): 12:35am On Sep 04, 2008
Hamlet for sure. "Get thee to a nunnery!" a timeless line-- poor Ophelia,
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Bukunmie(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2008
Shakespeare novels are great i love Hamlet
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2008
it's a really tough one, i love Julius Ceasar and Twelfth Night and Anthony and Cleopatra and Titus Andronicus and King Lear and everything else he touched ( like the sonnet 'the seven ages of man')

but i think Julius Cesar is the most powerful for me. and my favorite part is mark anthony's speech after julius is murdered.
twelfth night is my first love though, thanks to school.

sorry the jury is out on this one.
plus the thing is, i only like to read it in it's original text (unabridged/translated).

hey guys, on a different note, if u like shakespeare, you'll like geoffrey chaucer's 'the canterbury tales'. it's a hard read, but very interesting.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by mi3(f): 4:28am On Oct 12, 2008
hm, before i go into this, no be Plays Shakespeare dey write? tongue,

My all time favourite is the Merchant of Venice, nobody seems to have mentioned it, it's brilliant!, and i like Hamlet, and A Midsummers Night dream and twelfth Night and, lemme shut up before i get carried away, LOL!, Romeo and Juliet is nice, that's undisputable, but i stubbornly refuse to mention it, because it's too cheesy! cheesy
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Moyola(f): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2008
Montague Romeo and Capulet Juliet!!! so tragic!! cry
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by maedan(f): 2:39am On Oct 15, 2008
I really liked Othello, lots of betrayal and distrust. Loved the Merchant of Venice, great courtroom drama.lol

Unabridged versions of Shakespeare would be hellish,so kudos to those who simplified his books(plays, woteva) Made him more appealing to the new school.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by savanaha: 2:43am On Oct 15, 2008
Taming of the Shrew and Hamlet
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Cayon(f): 2:45am On Oct 15, 2008
Thumbs up for "Much Ado About Nothing"

coming in second is "MacBeth"
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by princesa(f): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2008
skaespeare is not actually my taste in a writer undecided

but i had to read Romeo and juliet because of an exam
and i found out that it isnt that bad
so that should be my favourite smiley
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by nazoB: 1:16am On Oct 27, 2008
definately hamlet but maybe cos it's the only one i read with concentration from start to finish and i think the book was kinda special to the guy(his daughter's name is hamleta or something similar)
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by SeanT21(f): 3:22am On Oct 27, 2008
iceblue:

it's a really tough one, i love Julius Ceasar and Twelfth Night and Anthony and Cleopatra and Titus Andronicus and King Lear and everything else he touched ( like the sonnet 'the seven ages of man')

but i think Julius Cesar is the most powerful for me. and my favorite part is mark anthony's speech after julius is murdered.
twelfth night is my first love though, thanks to school.

sorry the jury is out on this one.
plus the thing is, i only like to read it in it's original text (unabridged/translated).

hey guys, on a different note, if u like shakespeare, you'll like geoffrey chaucer's 'the canterbury tales'. it's a hard read, but very interesting.

Ohhhh I agree. I read the canterbury tales last year in My Senior English Class.It was soo good.I love learning about the different characters.
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by Andala: 2:30am On Oct 29, 2008
Romeo and Juliet
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by sniperwolf(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2008
The Tempest
Re: What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? by mgodwin1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2008
i think who are not down with"the bard of avon are slighted by his diction.i believe if it was more explicit many mordern writers migth suffer.anyway my best are:hamlet, othello, julius, , taming of the shrew and many more.
when the devout rel;igion of my eyes maintains such falsehood
thenturn tears to fire, (romeo&juliet)sizzling

(1) (Reply)

Your Most Interesting Poetry Recitations. / I Fell In Love With A Vampire / The Ivory Towers - the good and bad life on campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.