Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? (19776 Views)

Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Annoying Church Poster I Saw Today.(pics) / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 4reigningqueen: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
One usher told me to lift my feet and stop dragging it.Well,na latterrain. No nonsense allowed
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PastorAlfa: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nobody is perfect judge dem not dat yee may not b judged. I love 'em all
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by spenpe: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
usher don say make i dy go house b4
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by McBOMB: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
spenpe: usher don say make i dy go house b4
lwkm,cum benue state,cum c wia guys d fyt ushers for shursh. .lols
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by kaze4blues(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
I'm a muslim..........

So what am I to say??
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by aikeron: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
My gf flew down to see me in dis city whr I was posted for my job. Thr's this church I spotted n hv bn attendin for a while so I decided to take her thr on a Sunday during her visit.
As we were makin our way via d 2nd entrance in2 d church, dis ugly-lookin usher in wut I wud call a coat n not a suit accosted us, grabbed my fiancée by the hand n made his way upstairs saying I wudnt sit wt her that he needed to separate us. No question, no nothing, I was utterly shocked.
My gurl was tryin effortlessly to shrug her hand off him, n wen I finally approached him, I gave him a serious warning n asked him to behave himself. He said he wasn't bng rude that it was thr rules in church.
As I took my gurl who was already enraged n was almost abt exploding at the guy over the embarrassment, we were agn blocked off by anoda usher whu already got an eye sign frm the previous dude not to let us in. This time, the 2nd usher emphatically stated that if we wrnt married we wudnt sit beside each oda. Ar u kidding me? In a 21st century new generation church?!!!
I looked inside the church at oda pips sitting down n realised he had no justifiable reason to say that.
It suddenly dawned on me that these guys cud prolly be idiots whu ar trynna play som game on me. Cud it be dat my very pretty gf (no exaggeration) whu was gorgeous in her dress cud be makin Dem get some idea? Cud dey hv som motives?
Now I was losing my patience, n I was boilin in steamy anger. As other ushers gathered arnd, I held my gurl n led her to a place of my choice n we sat, while they looked on, puzzled. It was jst obvious anybody that confronted me cud hv himself to blame.
Truout the service, dey never took thr eyes off my gurl, som of them came standin near us, n kept asking her if she was a new-comer. At a point, I had to ask them to leave our location n reserve thr questions till the end of the service.
It was the most bizarre n embarrassing experience of my life in any church I v ever been to.
We didn't wait till the service was over n we left. I reported the incident to thr chief usher on our way out of the gate, n he apologised n promised to look in2 it.
Till 2day, I alwys laff wt my gf anytime we discuss the incident.
Gush!!!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Emmysteve(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Very funny stories, cant stop laffing

Personally, i have never been harrased (cant remember if there ws any incident tho). There is this newly ordained deacon in my church who go about asking people to stand up from one sit to another, i alway feel pity for then anytime he change their sit. And its only that user that does tha,the reason is obvious.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by igogossip(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
An Usher seized my phone!
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PastorAlfa: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
kaze4blues: I'm a muslim..........

So what am I to say??
we are same with Xtian. Dnt follow major world'z opinion. Work on one ursev
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by abinsco25(m): 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
An usher accused me of using my left hand to drop my offering and the offering trail was on my left side.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by spenpe: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mc.BOMB:
lwkm,cum benue state,cum c wia guys d fyt ushers for shursh. .lols
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by kaze4blues(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Alfa: Nobody is perfect judge dem not dat yee may not b judged. I love 'em all

Abeg, forget that ur useless quote.

That's one reason why nigeria still remains backward.

If we fail to judge or question the authority of our leaders/men of god, then we have given them the liberty to do whatever they while forgetting the facts that they are also humans who are prone to mistakes.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by kaze4blues(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Alfa: we are same with Xtian. Dnt follow major world'z opinion. Work on one ursev

What are u saying, young man?

Could you expantiate on your point?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davo93(m): 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pastor Alfa: Allah is God, Prophet Isa is d saviour. Christians had bin b4 us, untill dey sent down d Holy *Qoran* if d previous Holy book(bible) b4 Qoran claims Jesus is Lord and our Qoran acknowledges d realness/truthfullness/holiness of d Bible, how den shud we say dey ar wrong. Aint partial though, datz my opinion. Read ma signature
Honestly, i can see your sincerity to bring the much needed unity in religious diversity but let me tell you it goes beyond what you think. I won't say anything beyond this to avoid my statements misinterpreted for religious sensitivity.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by dabrake(m): 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: The Usher left downstairs n came Upstairs where the Teenagers hangout as in our chance 4 church n Tried To Remove My Extension and The Chargers of me N my buddies from the wall socket..
Nna ehnnn!!!!!..
We nor gree..
By the time we stand up..
Im see three 6feet Ogologos..
baba maintain n said y must u come to Church to charge..
My buddy honourable Joseph..josky..joe Ogologo1..
Said y we no go charge afterall we dey pay offering..
grin..
Usher Confuse..

LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Marthakings: there are two rows in my church. i sat on one of the rows and an usher came to tell me the row I sat on was for the males. she said the other row was for the females and she asked me to go sit there. mass had already started at that time. i formed deaf and dumb until after the mass.... wtf! y would the house of God be divided because of gender
Honestly, that sitting arrangement in church is necessary especially for people who are easily distracted or those who only come to church for wooing. Look up to see comments of people who go to church to sit beside babes they've been tracking for so long. Some people get so uncomfortable that they loose concentration when they sit beside a charming lady or man. You will agree with me that such shouldn't be going on during service.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by PastorAlfa: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Davo93: Honestly, i can see your sincerity to bring the much needed unity in religious diversity but let me tell you it goes beyond what you think. I won't say anything beyond this to avoid my statements misinterpreted for religious sensitivity.
i undastand. #teamunity
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by coldgate(f): 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
Na wa o. To think that my pastor and ushers @ the church where I worship always plead for people to sit in the front rows?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Tomieynoni: 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
d dai an usher told me to go nd collect anointin wit d children

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
Owobo brown: I hate it when they keep waking people up during nite Virgil, it's so annoying
Elliotwiz1: lol i remember that annoying moment when i wanted to sleep in a night vigil and one funny looking usher kept tapping me and telling me to stay awake anytime i was close to dreamland.... Mtchew i felt like punching him in his face cheesy
Dis one na two sufferhead o. You're sleeping in an uncomfortable environment with the mosquitoes dealing with you and you are also missing the blessing of the night. Why una no kukuma sleep for ya house?

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by dupeayo(f): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
dabrake:

LMAO
ROTFL
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbrown: Twice i,ve been embarrassed by ushers, i sat in d front row, i was asked to leave cos the seats were reserved for very special people,
the second one happened to me in kano, cos of boko haram, security has been stepped up in most churches, one Sunday morning i dressed up and went to church, the overzealous usher allowed those he recognized to walk in without searching, from a distance he beamed his search on me, he asked me all manner of questions,ordered me to empty my pockets, when i was in d process of bringing out my organiser he stepped back as if i was bringing out a bomb, at this time onlookers had thier eyes focused on me, i really felt embarrassed,i turned back and left, when a pastor asked what was amiss, i overheard a female usher shouting, abeg make he dey go.
Awww..sorry, I know that scene can be embarrassing but don't them, blame it on the insecurity in that part of the country. But u still get.mind o, me no think say I go go church if I still dey dia o.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Davidson267(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
y would the house of God be divided because of gender[/quote] because of cow?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Prodigalson1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
When an usher released some gaseous particles (fart), wen she was standing close to me. She tink say i nor knw. I vex komot 4 d church.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pistolx: e get wan wicked usher 4 my church the man dey even seize phones,d man don ever disgrace infront of gals because i was saging
Fine, some ushers can be annoying but some of the comments here are really ridiculous. Sagging in church?
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Hendrixtzee(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
I try so hard to respect ushers buuuh then; taking me to d front seat......... Oooppsss is sumtin I so HATE!. Buh on annoda note, the best ushers I've seen are the H.O.T.R ushers #House on d rock#
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by lizzyomonua: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
D most annoying moment was wen i was given a napkin by an ursher to cover my hair by force ..........nah by force 2 cover hair again
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Funny posts grin

una no go kill person for this nl gringrin
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by slimthugchimee(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
Woke me up when i am sleeping in time of sermon
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by 3ace(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
dr_mike_adams: i hate it wen ushers direct me 2 front seat....i hate it when im distracted admiring different sizes of buuubs wey dese gals dey carrry parangulate 4 church,amen..
Perambulate not parangulate.
Re: Annoying Thing An Usher Has Done To You In Church? by ume(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
am sorry i have to say this but i was invited for a child decation in one of the new generation churches with ma wife ,but an usher with a very big backside couled not allow me concentrate ,she was wearing a very tith truosis and i no mind say ma wify dey with me i begin watche her service

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? / Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.