Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church (16621 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade & Toyin Fajusigbe Traditional Wedding Photos / Faith Seminar With Pastor Poju Oyemade / Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Maxymilliano(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
Usher embarrasses Comedienne Princess in Poju Oyemade’s church

By Osagie Alonge

Sunday, November 25, 2012 could have been any other day for Nigerian comedian Princess but after attending a morning church service at the Covenant Christian Centre , things took a different turn.

The comedienne says she was publicly embarrassed by one of the ushers of the church after she was told she couldn’t sit in the front row of the church while Pastor Poju Oyemade was delivering a sermon. The comedienne says the usher told her he was asking her to leave because she was ‘single’.

The same day, Princess poured out her mind on her Twitter page .

‘ I can’t believe dis Covenant Christian Centre people & their sitting arrangement. Is dis not supposed to be the house of God?! one usher told me I couldn’t sit in front cos I am single. I nearly died of embarrassment, in d presence of God! *sad face ’, @PrincessCOMEDY lamented.

Princess further explains that the popular Pastor was aware of what happened as he was present while she rebuked the usher later on at the car park.

‘ Y would I lie? I av plenty witnesses. If na lie make their Pastor confront me, he was there wen I raked 4 d usher later in d car park, both of dem better b sure of d facts. I was embarrassed & emotionally rattled. They want 2 look gud 2 Pastor Poju, I only fear God! ’.

Her tweets of course caused uproar on the social network with a number of people taking sides with her and the others defending the church’s action.

When @Im_a_MARVEL asked ‘ question is what was she wearing? Might be a good reason to have her seat at d back’, Princess replied ‘since u av known me av I EVER dressed improper? They don’t want 2 admit dat usher did wat was WRONG. Sugbon oruko ti ekun a somo e ’.

@yewiez tweeted ‘I attend C3 (short for Covenant Christian Centre). I have been told a couple of times by ushers that i can’t sit in front because I’m single’.

But then @oshladiva tweeted ‘ I attnd CCC, I’m single, I dnt knw nobody dere n I sit in front quite often, so dats a mute point really. Wat is d FULL story. Dnt make assumptns/conclusions from 1 persons pt of view ’.

As the debate grew bigger with Princess still giving her rant and other Twitter users dishing out their opinion, Oyemade weighed in on the matter, making an apology to Princess.

‘ @PrincessCOMEDY My apologies for what happened on Sunday ’, @pastorpoju tweeted. This got Princess more animated as she responded:

‘ @pastorpoju accepted but I feel really PAINED u waited dis long knowing wat ur usher did on Sunday was VERY wrong. Its not a sin 2 b SINGLE! OMG! So u r single too, that usher owes a BIG time apology.

He spoilt my day, made me regret coming to ur church & hurt my feelings ’. She finally calmed down and accepted his apology, explaining to her fans

‘@pastorpoju has apologised on bhalf of his usher dt embarrassed me on Sun. Tanx 2 my friends & fans 4 their words of wisdom while I was hurtin’.

The supposed heartfelt apology might as well not be taken seriously as the apology tweet has disappeared from the Oyemade’s timeline.

Emails sent to the church’s official contact address were not replied as at the time of this report.

http://thenetng.com/2012/12/usher-embarrasses-comedienne-princess-in-poju-oyemades-church/

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by sharonma: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
Waoooo
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ochallo: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
why would you go to church on sunday and then spend the rest of the day and the new week complaining about what an usher did to you after harassing them at the car park after service and then going on twitter during the week, what level of both physical and spritiual immaturity is that? , she obviously was not blessed in the service. I bet she can't even remember a single thing in the sermon.

Every church has protocols and in my family church, the front seats are occupied by workers, (interpreters, praise and worship band, senior women choir and first timers, some other churches have the same protocol, when you are in church you leave your stuborness and ego behind and do what you are there for and live.

If you were married, maybe you would have had something better to do, like attending to your husband.

8 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Did this woman want the Usher to tell her the truth?

"No ma...I'm sorry you can't sit in the front row because you are too goddamn UGLY and we dont want you to counter our pastor's prayers"

She should be happy the Usher had good customer service skills sef...

4 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
Upon hearing things like this, some people might even think Christianity started in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by highlandre(m): 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
I refuse to be a judge in this case! Next topic

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by donigspain(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
jackbauersballs: Did this woman want the Usher to tell her the truth?

"No ma...I'm sorry you can't sit in the front row because you are too goddamn UGLY and we dont want you to counter our pastor's prayers"

She should be happy the Usher had good customer service skills sef...
Not funny please... Try again next millenium!!!

22 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Akshow: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2012
now this is just pure silliness. The stereotypical norm of lookin down and discriminatin againt single brothers and sistaz needs to stop. Na so them go do frustrate sisters into settlin for anythin or anyone they meet jus to be recognized as 'married'.

6 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Abujafood: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Perhaps the usher felt princess would be an unnecessary distraction?
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
See celebrity show.
Bt dnt knw d reason y singles no go fit sit 4 FR inside C3. Bt sebi d Pastor don apologise. Case don finish niyen.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by 1shortblackboy: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thinking of sugar and groundnut,water and of course g4rri
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by 3direct: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
am not mused

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by honiye(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2012
Her problem is the fact that she (Princess) felt too big to be usher or better put that she expected the ushers to break the rule for her because she's public figure or what?

Pls princess, get a life! our major problem in Nigeria is attitudinal. Im sure you wont be the only singles not to be allowed to sit in front and the reason for that which I think is that alot of you single ladies dress provocatively to church without respecting God and if someone tries to address you, you will be saying "is it not House of God" even in house of God, there is orderliness and stop your ill mannerism

4 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
ochallo: why would you go to church on sunday and then spend the rest of the day and the new week complaining about what an usher did to you after harassing them at the car park after service and then going on twitter during the week, what level of both physical and spritiual immaturity is that? , she obviously was not blessed in the service. I bet she can't even remember a single thing in the sermon.

Every church has protocols and in my family church, the front seats are occupied by workers, (interpreters, praise and worship band, senior women choir and first timers, some other churches have the same protocol, when you are in church you leave your stuborness and ego behind and do what you are there for and live.

If you were married, maybe you would have had something better to do, like attending to your husband.
can u just imagine this ones statement,so it is now a crime to be single,she deserves to be embarassed because she is single,so because an usher embarassed her in church,she should just keep quiet and bottle it in,i mean,why do nigerians think this way.is a church not a place or worship,brotherly love,mutual respect and prayer again?na wa o.

20 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Aifey(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
In d presence of God indeed. I hate this kind of story. Cheap Yahoo pastors bein celebrated.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
But why na? Na her fault say she neva marry? I even thought the usher didnt want her to sit in the front row because she might make the pastor to laugh.if na me walahi i go give the usher dorti slap!

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by TableLeg(m): 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Utter nonsense!!!
Nigeria and thier own brand of Christianity ... SMH
Hell fire, that is where most of them will end up in!

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
Another reason to stay away from those pastors.

3 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by AdoreKIZITO(f): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
Comedian don't misunderstand that usher, she probably did the right thing.. Thank God u have tasted embarrassment in the church, so that when u get to the heaven biggest gate it won't seem strange to u, but the problem is that, really, u won't see anywhere to post the kind of embarrassment u received from the angels. Sorry okkkkkkk comedian. He that believeth in the son of God will never be ashamed. Church goer.

4 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by wengerjay(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hw did the usher knw she is single?It means married church members mst use their wedding rings every sunday.Or couples wear uniforms to church.No be only singles dey attractive to pastors,even some married elegant women can subject pastors into temptations.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
That's my church oh! I say make I see wetin my Pastor don do grin.

Anyways, I love the message in my church, the way the pastor represents the Bible messages, and the fact that the church always has one social project or the other that they pursue.

Also there is no emphasis on money for blessing messages. The pastor encourages hard work and prayer.

He also has no airs about him and is very simple. Only God knows who his real servants are, but from man's eye (which is all I have) I feel my pastor is gifted, and my very little church contribution is utilized properly.
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by cold(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
Seriously i'm sick & tired of getting sick & tired of these churches & their so called men of God that run these enterprises. If you don't want single folks in the front row, clearly state it 'front row reserved for politicians,tricksters,contractors & serious tithe paying members. Single brethren please take the back seat. Thank you very much'. Simple as

5 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Akshow: now this is just pure silliness. The stereotypical norm of lookin down and discriminatin againt single brothers and sistaz needs to stop. Na so them go do frustrate sisters into settlin for anythin or anyone they meet jus to be recognized as 'married'.
abi,that reminds me of a popular church i went to about a year ago,i wont mention d name of the church,the usher said all single ladies and single brothers should sit in this row,all couples should sit on this row,i was angered beyond measure,i was tempted to ask the usher is that what i came here for but the holy spirit subdued me and said peace,be still.i was like how can you say couples should sit here and unmarried people should sit here,is that not discrimination and another form of looking down on some groups of people that dont meet up to societal standard and the holy spirit said,dont let the usher distract or annoy you,just worship and pray and i said yes lord,after worship was over i left there and never came back again because i felt very offended,however i know that christianity does not reach disregard or disdain for a particular set of people,it preaches love and if a new convert experienced d misbehaviour of the usher,he or she will never want to be a christian.that aside,we need to learn to respect each other as nigerians in public places whether in the church,bank,restaurant or anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Rescop: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
She went to seduce d pastor
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
Something similar happened to me sometime ago. . .i went to a church @ bodija and an usher walked up to me and said "BROTHER IN THE LORD,THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE IF U DON'T MIND U CAN GO TO THE FRONTPAGE WHERE ANYTHING GOES" sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by homesteady(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
ahh!! If i was princess...i'll drag d usher to d alter nd he must marry me...even if dere is no ring...he must marry me....SMH
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Techwriter: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
The only lesson in this post 4 some people is that the feminine of comedian is comedienne, the others are stories that has no foundation

7 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Rescop: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
homesteady: ahh!! If i was princess...i'll drag d usher to d alter nd he must marry me...even if dere is no ring...he must marry me....SMH
u are very funny
Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by tlops(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
She should post a picture of her dressing to d church. Then I might comment.

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by greatgod2012(f): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
To d usher.....is it a crime to be single?

To d Princess..............is it by force to sit in d front?

3 Likes

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
honiye: Her problem is the fact that she (Princess) felt too big to be usher or better put that she expected the ushers to break the rule for her because she's public figure or what?

Pls princess, get a life! our major problem in Nigeria is attitudinal. Im sure you wont be the only singles not to be allowed to sit in front and the reason for that which I think is that alot of you single ladies dress provocatively to church without respecting God and if someone tries to address you, you will be saying "is it not House of God" even in house of God, there is orderliness and stop your ill mannerism

That makes no sense and she did the right thing by speaking up and getting the Pastor to apologise. Do you know how many other single women may have been offended and simply decided not to attend again. That means that policy is discouraging people from the house of God.
If its about dressing then it has nothing to do with single or married as many married woman wear even worse clothes so then it shouldn't be a general rule against all singles.

At least the Pastor recognised that the Church was wrong and apologised now they too should go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church by ypzilanti: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
Brand_new: Another reason to stay away from those pastors.

I worship there, and the place has always been welcoming. Methinks the comedienne made too much of it. If she had confronted the usher in the park, that should be enough. If she felt extra strongly about it, she should have sought to speak with the pastor. He is very accessible and does not walk with aides and security men like a lot of new age G.Os. Only if she felt bad AFTER the pastor spoke with her, should she go on with her public rant. But then, maybe she is not a church member and so assumed she could not see him if she wanted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19 / Joshua Iginla Celebrates Birthday By Donating N23m To 115 Widows / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.