Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship (52160 Views)

What Your Month Of Birth Tell About You? / 5 Secrets You Must Not Tell Your Best Friend -no Matter Wht / Nineteen Lies People Tell About Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sometimes we tend to share our relationships wahala or joys with our friends, family and sometimes random colleagues. There are so many reasons why we do, if you’re riding on the waves of love with le boo, we tend to update our bbm status, update facebook status, ping friends to chat about how AWESOMELICIOUS your boo is and how HE IS THE BESTESTESTEST boo since "booness" began.

Most of us are guilty. LOL. Some other times when the ship is not riding smoothly we become inspirational and update with sentimental things that everyone can decipher that, ol’boy, e be like say this one dey fight with her boo.

Nothing wrong with sharing these things with friends if done in moderation; you don’t need to share EVERYTHING! Here are some things you should try NEVER to share with others about your partner, they can and will be used against you.

1.MONEY – Never tell anyone how much your boo earns, or if you’re having money problems. People don’t need to know this. Who wears the financial pants? Who pays for what? If you have an agreement with le boo about how you both want to manage your finances then this should not be up for debate with your friends. The "you can chop my money" status of your relationship should be hidden.

2. BEDROOM – Do not share what went down last night, how you were kissed senseless, how does this information affect the price of garri in the market? If your boo is a stallion and he steady gives you the "grin", keep it to yourself unless you don’t mind sharing him? If you’re celibate avoid discussing it too as your friends may envy you, and if you’re not celibate, you may be tagged as “loose”. They will yimu no matter what.

3.DETAILS – Avoid giving details. “My boo’s favourite food is Amala and gbegiri, my boo scratches her boobs first thing in the morning, my boo doesn’t like this or that”. Why are you furnishing others with this privileged information? Haven’t you heard stories where a friend snatches le boo? Why do you think that happens? They already know your boo's likes, dislikes, habits e.t.c Do not tell any one where your boo's mumu button is (thanks Honeydame)

4. FIGHTS – Couples fight all the time, if you don’t fight in your relationship then I put it to you that you are a liar! LOL. Friction is normal as long as you kiss and make up… but telling your parents, your friends about every single quarrel will not help. Its always awkward because your friends will always be on your side and will keep condemning you boo… after you say they don’t respect him/her, why should they? After you’ve forgiven and moved on, those you told will always remember. This point is null and void if your boo is abusive!

5.SECRETS – We all have secrets and your boo may have told you some of his/hers, it would be totally out of place for you to share something confidential like that with others. Also, if you have a secret you’re keeping from your boo then you should never tell someone else that “biko I don’t want him/her to find out or my boo doesn’t know about this oh”…you’re only giving outsiders ammunition. What if they accidentally or purposely jabo the gist to your boo? Kasala go burst!

6. DREAMS/PLANS – Dreams, aspirations, plans are things we share with people we love, when your boo is telling you of the mansion he wants to build in 5 years time, or the business he wants to start, avoid being a tatafo, do NOT share this with anyone. Keep their plans, aspirations between the both of you. Your partner will feel betrayed when they find out you’ve been talking about your private matters, they wouldn't trust you with anything; If you discuss these matters with your colleagues it breeds see-finish, biko stop. Your friends will wonder what your saying about them to others if your can be so open with details of your boo’s life. People will think you have no self control… they will never confide in you.

Source:sisiyemmie.com

96 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Christine01(f): 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Aiit!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Emmyk(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Jovanna(f): 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Big up@op. . Raw fact!
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by olupentane(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
common sense tells you all this.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
[size=50]hmm[/size]
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by iamteaser: 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
I've never been banned before and I really wanna know how it feels like. Any mod out there can you pls ban me for a couple of days. Thank you.

38 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by babyBB: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice piece

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
This is so true, some girls are so loose in mouth

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
wow! this post is D0p£
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by sakaguchi(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
I really like this post, don't misunderstand me, but if you can't talk about any of the above, what else is there to talk about your boo to others?
I think the summary of this write up is NEVER talk about your boo, and I partly agree with that.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Sermwell(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
Good one op!

Brb!
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by cslewis: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
h
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by evvyking(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
sakaguchi: I really like this post, don't misunderstand me, but if you can't talk about any of the above, what else is there to talk about your boo to others?
I think the summary of this write up is NEVER talk about your boo.
In essence he's saying kip ur boo 2ursef, both of una mind ur buznex.. Ppl don't really care abt u nd ur boo sef, dey jst wana hear gist so dat dey can be happy 4u wen una break up

10 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Dhurmynick(m): 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
nice
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by yomalex(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by AdekunleSegun(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
good
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by habex050: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
noted op
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Afrocatalyst: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Fazhy: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
Bedroom - Very important. DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Iceman296: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
Very Correct OP, Some words are Better Left Unsaid Especially in Public!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice write opp
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Celepope: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
The OP is spot on.That was how I was telling one silly dude I call my best friend about my then Gf.After sometime he wanted to get updates.When he discovered I wasn't telling him cause I later came to love her and want to marry her this dude started going behind me to source for some info and was even trying to ask her out.Funny enough he hasn't met her in person cause me and that silly friend are in different country.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Very true, but in my opinion, nobody snatches anybody's boo if that boo didn't choose to go.

6 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
most of those might seem to be no-Brainers...but these Days,a lot of People behave like no-Brainers,so...nice Writeup.
olupentane: common sense tells you all this.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by OMORIHI(f): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
I totally disagree wit all dis 'don't talk' lesson.Although I do not say u xpose ur spouse but then relationships usually get to a point at times where u must share ur feelings with a confidant otherwise u may end up at a psychiatric hosp.sorry to be so blunt anyway but it is the fact.

13 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Archmed(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice one OP.Engaging in d above only make one a laughing stock among comity of friends.The irony of life is such dat telling friends d goodies in ur relationshp infuriates dem,buh d bad stuffs make dem happy(buh dey pretend to care)
Making ur relationship issues,good or bad, public,thus makes you a BIG f**L

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by Chinyeresandra(f): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
We don hear
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by LadyH(f): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2013
if only sme pipo i knw can read dis. rme.
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by YoshiMaster: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
But I thought women tell each other everything, including bedroom stuffs.
Re: Things You Must Not Tell About Your Relationship by funmi4love(f): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nice write up ................he who ears let him/she hears

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Dances Shaku Shaku Inside Swimming Pool (Photos) / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone / Charles Dny Jaja: Wedding Photos Of Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.