Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1230253 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2014
SQL-master:
He was an ideal candidate. That guy gooood die!
He fasted, he sowed seeds, he sang hymns, he composed poems, he motivated. In fact, that guy was my role model.
Why wasn't he favoured by Chineke God
Maybe he had a secret sin somwia(my tots)
The Lord does as He chooses in heaven and on Earth and deep in the sea....Psalms 135vs6

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ mcpat I just gave an example, n I agree with you imagine pitching your 2nd year workshop teamwork story against someone who told one of his team in the rig work he has. Now let me tell you another thing, imagine after both tell their respective tales, it's the 2nd year workshop story that stayed in the recruiters mind enough to get u d job over the rig guy for the Mgt trainee position.
What do you think was the difference??
I think it all boils down to one's delivery, confidence, and mindset.
So u see why I was a bit not convinced about tht successful '07 applicant's advice that one must have a job. Well either ways, maybe he has his reasons for saying so.. Any ways heading was successful at the whole exercise so I guess his take on it mustn't be ignored..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
Wizard_of_Oz: @ mcpat I just gave an example, n I agree with you imagine pitching your 2nd year workshop teamwork story against someone who told one of his team in the rig work he has. Now let me tell you another thing, imagine after both tell their respective tales, it's the 2nd year workshop story that stayed in the recruiters mind enough to get u d job over the rig guy for the Mgt trainee position.
What do you think was the difference??
I think it all boils down to one's delivery, confidence, and mindset.
So u see why I was a bit not convinced about tht successful '07 applicant's advice that one must have a job. Well either ways, maybe he has his reasons for saying so.. Any ways heading was successful at the whole exercise so I guess his take on it mustn't be ignored..
but not all jobs put you in a team work experience, your university team work might put you at an edge over some one who has got a job with no team work , if team work is the competence being looked out for. I think the work experience is useful when you ll need to make some managerial decisions. Like you said , one's confidence , ability to deliver is a major key.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
There was this beggar who was passing by a posh street. He sighted a man who appeared well off. The man was washing a lovely automobile, which gave further credence to his being wealthy. The beggar walked slowly up to him. As the beggar approached, the man began to feel apprehensive. He thought the beggar was going to be a nuisance by asking him for money. And he dreaded such a nuisance value, but took it forgranted that he was going to have to bear it. However, when the beggar drew close up to him, instead of asking for money, the beggar politely and confidently - without the slightest dint of shyness or trepidation - began to engage the man in a more or less intellectual conversation. The man thoroughly enjoyed the company of the beggar and was pleasantly surprised at his level of understanding of life. When the beggar declared it was time for him to go, the man missed him already and was forced to ask, 'But don't you need help?' Instead of the usual, 'Please, help me, for I do need help,' the beggar simply reiterated, 'Don't we all need help?' The man ended up giving him much more than he had initially intended to.

This story is for all those who prepare to face NLNG soon. Don't give them the impression you are begging for a job. Give them the impression that they need your help; they need your services; that you are the person they want, that you are capable of working for them; believe me, they need you as much as you need them; recall what the beggar said: 'Don't we all need help?' I tell you, we all do, including the great and mighty NLNG. I say this because I know that someone out there is asking, 'Can I really make it; am I the one they want?' I tell you, 'Be still and know that [God] is God' (Psalm 46 v 10). We all here at nairaland.com are waiting especially for your testimony. Your furture is colourful, and I know you will get there. Besides, 'He that started the good work in you will be faithful to complete it.' And, above all, 'they that trust in the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and shall not be weary; they shall walk and shall not faint.'

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by mcpat(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Well said Oz... The fact remains that entry level job is entry level job.. Why invite some one who is working else where just because he is below the maximum allowable age... Or am i oblivious of the true meaning of GT?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
mcpat: Well said Oz... The fact remains that entry level job is entry level job.. Why invite some one who is working else where just because he is below the maximum allowable age... Or am i oblivious of the true meaning of GT?
hehehe @ invite .... Every company wants the best talents . The strength of any company is the quality of its staff.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DoTheNeedful: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
SQL-master:
I thought about sowing a dangerous seed too but since kuwena(holier than moi) sowed and didn't reap, is it a carnal man like myself that would reap?
I therefore leave every every to Fate, Chance, and God's favour(that's iff HE considers me worthy).

grin grin grin
One fact is that you are more likely to make it with what you have than with prayers. I believe that not everyone working in NLNG today is either a christian or a muslim sad. Many of the celebrated pioneers and inventors are not even religious or spiritual. You are more likely to pass an exam with preparation than with prayers. Religious people will only defend this with the maxim "Work and Pray". When you have a goal in sight working only is likely to get it for you than praying only. Most of the beautiful things of life like good job,family and life are not vested in the hands of religious folks only.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Erza: 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
I just don't believe the over 200 pages are no longer available smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Sleeksylvia(f): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm happy we r back. I missed u guys. Displacement, Ikenna, SQL, and odas I can't remember now. I will see u guys in Bonny. God will break protocol 4 us and help us all to be successful In Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MAKEWAY2029: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
SQL-master:
He was an ideal candidate. That guy gooood die!
He fasted, he sowed seeds, he sang hymns, he composed poems, he motivated. In fact, that guy was my role model.
Why wasn't he favoured by Chineke God
Maybe he had a secret sin somwia(my tots)

This is surely sarcasm, no?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MAKEWAY2029: 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sleeksylvia: I'm happy we r back. I missed u guys. Displacement, Ikenna, SQL, and odas I can't remember now. I will see u guys in Bonny. God will break protocol 4 us and help us all to be successful In Jesus name. Amen

All 5000+ of us? To start a new state in Bonny? Hehe.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Wonderful thread! We always disagree to agree. God bless us all

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lero15(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
Erza: I just don't believe the over 200 pages are no longer available smiley
seeing is believing...lol
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
mcpat:
kuwena was probably over confident and ill prepared...there is no enough evidence to show that he did/didnt make the 270 cut.. It would be unwise to say he didnt know what he was doing since he made it to the 3rd stage.. One thing i noticed tho was him being religious during the recruitment exercise and falling out when he wasnt invited for the MC.. They are quite a few interesting characters on that thread.. My most important observation being that none of the active posters made it, 2ndly 80% of NL that made it were already working... It sure does hurt to go that far and not crossing the finish line..
My question thus,is it fair to make the 270 cut and still depend on mother luck to be chosen...

P.S i didnt go through d whole thread..skipped a reasonable amount of pages

He didn't make the cut...he lost his faith and became a freethinker. In the last few years he's retraced his steps and has found God again

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Ayodbrabo(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
DPlacement:

He didn't make the cut...he lost his faith and became a freethinker. In the last few years he's retraced his steps and has found God again
. @Displacement, I am wondering if they re going to mark this test based on percentile or using a cut off mark and when should we be expecting d result
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by iamyet: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Silently observing.........
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by brazzimola: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ayodbrabo: . @Displacement, I am wondering if they re going to mark this test based on percentile or using a cut off mark and when should we be expecting d result

It's most likely that successful candidates would be selected on percentile basis because a predetermined number of candidates to proceed to AC stage would have already been decided by nlng even before the Shl test was written.

Where the curiosity lies is:
1. The predetermined no of candidates that would proceed to the AC stage.
2. The date or time period when the Shl results would be released.

@Dplacement, Please kindly help us shed more light on these issues. Thank you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by mcpat(m): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
DPlacement:

how do we know people who passed the AC? Only the 70 people chosen where invited for medicals hence the bolded
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by henzoblingze: 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
Happy new month pals

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by nrdgeek: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dfavouredone: There was this beggar who was passing by a posh street. He sighted a man who appeared well off. The man was washing a lovely automobile, which gave further credence to his being wealthy. The beggar walked slowly up to him. As the beggar approached, the man began to feel apprehensive. He thought the beggar was going to be a nuisance by asking him for money. And he dreaded such a nuisance value, but took it forgranted that he was going to have to bear it. However, when the beggar drew close up to him, instead of asking for money, the beggar politely and confidently - without the slightest dint of shyness or trepidation - began to engage the man in a more or less intellectual conversation. The man thoroughly enjoyed the company of the beggar and was pleasantly surprised at his level of understanding of life. When the beggar declared it was time for him to go, the man missed him already and was forced to ask, 'But don't you need help?' Instead of the usual, 'Please, help me, for I do need help,' the beggar simply reiterated, 'Don't we all need help?' The man ended up giving him much more than he had initially intended to.

This story is for all those who prepare to face NLNG soon. Don't give them the impression you are begging for a job. Give them the impression that they need your help; they need your services; that you are the person they want, that you are capable of working for them; believe me, they need you as much as you need them; recall what the beggar said: 'Don't we all need help?' I tell you, we all do, including the great and mighty NLNG. I say this because I know that someone out there is asking, 'Can I really make it; am I the one they want?' I tell you, 'Be still and know that [God] is God' (Psalm 46 v 10). We all here at nairaland.com are waiting especially for your testimony. Your furture is colourful, and I know you will get there. Besides, 'He that started the good work in you will be faithful to complete it.' And, above all, 'they that trust in the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and shall not be weary; they shall walk and shall not faint.'

I think I've read this before on the 2007 NLNG thread and I guess it was written by Kuwena

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
airsay_long_con:

This is incorrect. P&G is an $82bn company with several shareholders. AFAIK no one holds controlling shares
Incorrect as well. In the case of P&G, All the shareholders are minority shareholders with the majority shareholder being the president and the owner. Even public companies with floated shares do have owners. Someone starts it before floating it. So when I said the owner, I meant the president. The shareholders are part owners
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Topiipii(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
airsay_long_con:

I stand to be corrected that no P&G president has declared his love for the devil. That rumour has been around since 1980s and revamped sometime in '99 with a supposed interview that purportedly shows the current president saying he gives a large percentage of his profit to the church of satan. Dat rumour affected the sales of always and pampers in naija sha but it is unfounded. The interview never occured.
P&G employee?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Etfash(m): 12:22am On Jul 02, 2014
people will only defend this with the maxim "Work and Pray". When you have a goal in sight working only is likely to get it for you than praying only.

The above may be true for some people. But some cannot even work unless they are strengthened through prayer. They have become so weak on their own because they've learned by experience that without their God, they cannot increase.

7 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by digitalsimboja: 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
I hv neva acheived anytn wt d blv dat its my personal effort. Wtout Gods hands,am heading nowia evn passing class exms. Its personal and its nobodys bizness. Wat i mean is adding good relshp wt God to working hard is nt a bad option either. I rest my case

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2014
Hello all,
Can anyone describe the typical role of a graduate trainee, like an engineer for example. The core values required, same as other multinationals in the oil and gas industry?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
brazzimola:

It's most likely that successful candidates would be selected on percentile basis because a predetermined number of candidates to proceed to AC stage would have already been decided by nlng even before the Shl test was written.

Where the curiosity lies is:
1. The predetermined no of candidates that would proceed to the AC stage.
2. The date or time period when the Shl results would be released.

@Dplacement, Please kindly help us shed more light on these issues. Thank you.

I don't know. You should have asked on the day of the CBT. You are more likely to recieve a more accurate answer
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
mcpat:
how do we know people who passed the AC? Only the 70 people chosen where invited for medicals hence the bolded

Not everyone that did medicals was employed. This is a known fact among the hired Graduate Trainees.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
dway4ward: Hello all,
Can anyone describe the typical role of a graduate trainee, like an engineer for example. The core values required, same as other multinationals in the oil and gas industry?

Please don't send me anymore direct messages. I am not going to respond. You may post your questions here and I will respond if the answer you seek is in the public domain.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
DPlacement:

Not everyone that did medicals was employed. This is a known fact among the hired Graduate Trainees.
hmmmm , this isn't a good news tho .. Getting to the very last stage and then you are told you are not fit medically . Please what do they check really ??

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tolutweety(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
majekdom2: hmmmm , this isn't a good news tho .. Getting to the very last stage and then you are told you are not fit medically . Please what do they check really ??

I can help Dplacement answer this :

1) They chk if your head is well positioned on your neck
2) They chk your height to see that you'r nt above 6ft
3) They confirm your age using a newly developed technology to ascertain its nt football age that u are using.
4) They chk your eyes to cnfirm they can see very long distance,like from the earth to jupiter.
5) Lastly n most importantly,they chk ur genitals to see if they reproduce perfectly.

#my2cents.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.