Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,740 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225587 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
@Dplacement
In your preparation for the Assessment Center, what was the gamechanger for you?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2014
PrinceofParis: Seriously this thread is getting weirder.... A good help said he will be answering questions by noon today, so please you guys should ask your questions and leave other jokes/un-masking/pre-E-fights for later, Goodmorning,
@Dplacement,
Please, some people have asked questions that are of my interest, even though I have 'some' answers to them, it would be really comforting to get your replies too. Goodmorning.

Mr. Moderator, should I ask a question whose answer I already know? I beg let the jokes and others continue jo

If you are good, you are good.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2014
DPlacement: I have been asked to stop posting for fear of being seen as unfairly influencing the recruitment process.

I am here in a personal capacity and my views do not represent those of my employers.

I will answer 10 further questions before deactivating this account.

So far, only one person has succeeded in unmasking me. I cannot underestimate how much I appreciate that person's discretion.

After this, you are on your own.

To those who made it to the Assessment Centre stage, you are the Cream of the Crop!

First, i must thank you so much for keeping fate with us and been a guide.
Secondly, i must thank you for your benevolence in offering to answer 10 questions for us.
You must indeed be selfless and kindhearted; spending time following and seeking the success of others you dont even know - and might not know.

Short of words; i will just say i have come to like (love) your person; and the manner in wish you have decided to exit this thread - so noble and grandeur. I wish success in your own endeavour.

Now My Question
How many persons do NLNG shortlist for AC and how many will be given offers.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tolutweety(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2014
He leaves today....I leave today sad sad

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Maxmayor: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2014
@ Displacement:

I appreciate the information you have shared with the prospective GTs. Kindly assist me with information regarding the Interview preparations for a Mechanical Engineer position minimum of 7 years experience.

Any information would be grately appreciated and I hope to hear from you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by charlycharly: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: BEFORE I AM BEING CRUCUFIED TO DIE FOR SINS I HAVE NOT COMMITTED , PLS IF YOU DONT LIKE THE POST OR ARE NOT INTERESTED , KINDLY IGNORE AND DONT MENTION ME. I HAVE ASSESSMENT CENTRE MATERIALS I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY AS I DID FOR THE SHL; THIS MATERIAL HAS GOT LIKELY QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED AND DIFF SCENARIO WE MIGHT FACE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT THEM.YEA , WHAT I FOUND IS , YOU CAN PREPARE BUT YOU CANT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE AT THE AC ,ASSESSORS WOULD ALWAYS KNOW THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. AM LOOKING TO SHARE THE COST WITH SOME INTERESTED FOLKS SAY 3 OR 4 PERSONS.
Bro, am game.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2014
Hey Zelinjo,

I dont knw what the remuneration is though, but trust me, you'll leave that Job and head down to PH cos I'm almost sure it definitely is way more than that 3.5Million that you are presently earning. so give the AC your best shot and make sure you claim your spot. We'll still hope our oracle can give us a clearer picture or range of what the remuneration is like. we wait!!!

Shalom!

Zelinjo: Hello Dplacement,

First time asking a question so I really pray you answer.

I am currently in downstream O&G. Per annum about 3.5m after tax.

Please compare with NLNG's graduate trainee remuneration. Please please please, nothing specific.

My family is in Lagos and they are almost trying to discourage me from the whole PH thing (if I am successful).

Thanks in advance.

You are well appreciated and will be missed.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hi Dplacement,

I am glad I can get to utilize this last opportunity of getting to know more about the NLNG and the coming AC from you.

I stumbled on this thread last week after the mail and had to read a bulk of the comments... The only sad thing is I missed out on the tsunamied 200 pages.

Okay, so to my inquiries...

1. In some few sentences, can you lay down what the NLNG experience is like - working, living, exposure, international opportunity, training, etc.?

2. Please help with a brief description of the job description and what is expected of GTs.

3. By remuneration, can you help place NLNG in the hierarchy of 'big' Oil and Gas companies? You can just mention a number, say number 3... (I have Shell, Total, Mobil, Chevron, NNPC, ...., in mind)

4. What percentage of candidates will be successful from the current crop of successful ACians?

5. We have had 'tips' on what to expect from the AC, however, can you kindly provide another few sentences on what we should build our expectations on?

6. According to you, Once you're good, you're good! That notwithstanding, what can you point to as the cutting edge to your success at your AC?

7. It took LNG 7 long years to recruit GTs again. Is this a trend or it was associated with particular issues they had?

8. Where will the AC take place?

9. I've read a lot about issues relating to Federal Character here. Can you kindly clarify?

10. After these couple of years, how will you describe your NLNG opportunity? Is it something you'll do all over again?

These are my 10 submissions. Some guys have asked related questions and you're free to ignore whichever warrants such treatment.

Despite people who go on claiming they know you and dine with you daily (pun intended), we all appreciate you and would love to meet you soon.

Thanks a bunch, Dplacement!

7 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
...watching all of you
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Good questions...I hmmm..with answers to all these everyone moving on will be fine....Nice one Adenitem..@ Dplacement I suggest you use this as a guide for your comprehensive summary. You have been a great fellow I must say before you checkout in HONOUR!!! cheesy
adenitemi: Hi Dplacement,

I am glad I can get to utilize this last opportunity of getting to know more about the NLNG and the coming AC from you.

I stumbled on this thread last week after the mail and had to read a bulk of the comments... The only sad thing is I missed out on the tsunamied 200 pages.

1. In some few sentences, can you lay down what the NLNG experience is like - working, living, exposure, international opportunity, training, etc.?

2. Please help with a brief description of the job description and what is expected of GTs.

3. By remuneration, can you help place NLNG in the hierarchy of 'big' Oil and Gas companies? You can just mention a number, say number 3... (I have Shell, Total, Mobil, Chevron, NNPC, ...., in mind)

4. What percentage of candidates will be successful from the current crop of successful ACians?

5. We have had 'tips' on what to expect from the AC, however, can you kindly provide another few sentences on what we should build our expectations on?

6. According to you, Once you're good, you're good! That notwithstanding, what can you point to as the cutting edge to your success at your AC?

7. It took LNG 7 long years to recruit GTs again. Is this a trend or it was associated with particular issues they had?

9. I've read a lot about issues relating to Federal Character here. Can you kindly clarify?

10. After these couple of years, how will you describe your NLNG opportunity? Is it something you'll do all over again?

These are my 10 submissions. Some guys have asked related questions and you're free to ignore whichever warrants such treatment.

Despite people who go on claiming they know you and dine with you daily (pun intended), we all appreciate you and would love to meet you soon.

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
LOLZZZZ.....Hearing all of you.. grin grin grin
auroraborealis: ...watching all of you
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mastersplinter: Ac things. Sweet yo
Mikesuccess!!! shocked Really
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: BEFORE I AM BEING CRUCUFIED TO DIE FOR SINS I HAVE NOT COMMITTED , PLS IF YOU DONT LIKE THE POST OR ARE NOT INTERESTED , KINDLY IGNORE AND DONT MENTION ME. I HAVE ASSESSMENT CENTRE MATERIALS I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY AS I DID FOR THE SHL; THIS MATERIAL HAS GOT LIKELY QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED AND DIFF SCENARIO WE MIGHT FACE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT THEM.YEA , WHAT I FOUND IS , YOU CAN PREPARE BUT YOU CANT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE AT THE AC ,ASSESSORS WOULD ALWAYS KNOW THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. AM LOOKING TO SHARE THE COST WITH SOME INTERESTED FOLKS SAY 3 OR 4 PERSONS.

What amount are we talking here?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
I need two more questions to add to the list.

Please keep asking. I have also selected a number of questions by adenitemi as they were well thought out.

8 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
@Mastersplinter, have you seen what the media said about you?

Hehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
artmedia:
1. Pls how long after you resumed were you whisked off for your training?

Training is dependent of job function. The engineers in Production were sent on foreign training immediately as the they would be unable to perform without the requisite training. Foreign training is available to officer level staff once in every two years after confirmation. Any exceptions will usually require justifications.

Most of the Graduate trainees attended multiple local trainings in the first year of employment.

LumiNG: Hello Dplacement, thanks for basically hanging out with us for the past seven months.
What are the. essential features of an "Nlng person"

Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Caring.

Zelinjo: Hello Dplacement,

First time asking a question so I really pray you answer.

I am currently in downstream O&G. Per annum about 3.5m after tax.

Please compare with NLNG's graduate trainee remuneration. Please please please, nothing specific.

My family is in Lagos and they are almost trying to discourage me from the whole PH thing (if I am successful).

Thanks in advance.

You are well appreciated and will be missed.

If you get the job, your family will make you take it. You will most likely more than double your current salary before tax.

WizardofOz1: @Dplacement
In your preparation for the Assessment Center, what was the gamechanger for you?

There was no gamechanger. I just showed up and performed. God is in charge!

adenitemi: Hi Dplacement,

1. Its a great place to work. NLNG is an employer of choice in Africa.

3. Competitive

7. 1998, 2004, 2008, 2015

8. The last one took place at Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos.

10. Yes

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
DPlacement:

Training is dependent of job function. The engineers in Production were sent on foreign training immediately as the they would be unable to perform without the requisite training. Foreign training is available to officer level staff once in every two years after confirmation. Any exceptions will usually require justifications.

Most of the Graduate trainees attended multiple local trainings in the first year of employment.

If you get the job, your family will make you take it. You will most likely more than double your current salary before tax.

3. Competitive

10. Yes

Great! Appreciate all your help. God bless.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thank you Dplacement!!

Thank you for your time and kind heart!

God bless you smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Then, they were headquartered at C and C Towers in Lagos. Now that they are fully in PH. I think first point of call would be Hotel Presidential at PH GRA.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
SQLmaster1: u wanna change ur username or something similar ?

In the other news, who knows if AC would be centralized and in what city? I wanna plan my movement

I dunno why the thread is dry.
At AC, the angels would be separated from demons!
Looooooolz! SQLMaster...I beg u i dey office o! No let dem sack me cos of unjustified spontaneous lauffing
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
charlycharly: Bro, am game.
DROP A MAIL CONTACT
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
It took some time to come say my final goodbye to this thread.. Thanks for the fun and learning. Bonny isn't far from my villa so I would be dropping in on the reg to break words with all you beautiful people. Take care (No Drake).

Adonye out.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
DPlacement:

wow! She earns 3.5M after tax and this more than double it b4 tax!?$
I believe we are talking cool cash 'ere!

*Runs off to bargain an estate in Lekki*
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRealAdonye: It took some time to come say my final goodbye to this thread.. Thanks for the fun and learning. Bonny isn't far from my villa so I would be dropping in on the reg to break words with all you beautiful people. Take care (No Drake).

Adonye out.

Awwww man!!!! I loved ur no nonsense staright talking! Heads up bro...Sky's d limit. I will mos def keep in touch
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MOBIL11: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, where was i when you gave an opportunity for us to ask questions? Infact , i have many critical unanswered questions with respect to NLNG recruitment. Thank you very much for you contributions to this great thread. Is like you are a "LAWYER" because of the way you answered those questions. We still need your presence in this thread.

DPlacement:

3. Competitive

10. Yes
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MOBIL11: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Abeg where are these great guys ( @Savant, Aphrodite(the great mathematician) and @Ikenna58)? SQLmaster and others, abeg make una tell me where they waka go. We need you guys and other great people here. One love.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
MOBIL11:
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, where was i when you gave an opportunity for us to ask questions? Infact , i have many critical unanswered questions with respect to NLNG recruitment. Thank you very much for you contributions to this great thread. Is like you are a "LAWYER" because of the way you answered those questions. We still need your presence in this thread.

Don't worry friend, you can still ask. I guess as a family, answers would be provided and you can always make do of the ones that seems best to you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2014

This your all uppercase dey hit my eye funny! What figure are we talking about? Whose publication?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by auroraborealis: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
@LumiNG
Seen and responded.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thankzz Dplacement for your thoughtful and kind leadership, guidiance and answers. Do accept our heart felt gratitude. God bless you and I wish you the best of the best in your future endeavours.
DPlacement:

3. Competitive

10. Yes
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
From my deductions I would conclude the engineers have got a stiffer competition. I mean we would have more of the engineers at the AC . I would advice engineers do learn some program software or engage in some resourceful paper work . dplacement said earlier that a work experience may be useful , this may be useful also . anyways , all the best folks.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
airsaylongcon:

This your all uppercase dey hit my eye funny! What figure are we talking about? Whose publication?
ur first nlng salary after tax . *smiles* sadly , I will not be sending anymore however , I could consider u a fam as you balling in my zone " oluyole" I enjoyed there before relocating down here. publication is by adedibu *smiles*

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.