Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225549 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
airsaylongcon:

my runaway "oluyole" brethren...is there any update on OKLNG and Brass LNG? These are "rivals" to LNG and I think it is necessary to know a bit about them. And Train 7? any update abi the Train still dey train station?
bro , dem never even reach train station . what a bleeped country. the youths dont have a say . those 2 projects alone would have generated employment and revenue in its own little way. oklng I would say is dead ...my opinon is they dont want the nigerdelta thing to die considering the fact that oklng is in the west. it would take sometime for brass to come to a reality since a key player of the project conoco phillips pulled out and the buyer of its asset " oando " have not got the technology. the recently sacked NNPC GMD said the FID is the major cause for the delay but the truth is the IOC's are jut being frustrated. we know chevron has got some issues , eni is dealing with some fraud scandal, shell being accused of not cleaning its oil spills. majority of these companies have not had their contract ceilings decided on . it was never like this 4 to 6 years ago. I would say there has not been any improvement really.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Jeeezz...March 2015 sad sad sad a bit far....hmmm dat is after or during General elections probably.....
MaforBea: Heard the actual start day of work isMarch, 2015. Hope that's not true oh. Also, hope nepotism doesn't come into play.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
majekdom2: bro , dem never even reach train station . what a bleeped country. the youths dont have a say . those 2 projects alone would have generated employment and revenue in its own little way. oklng I would say is dead ...my opinon is they dont want the nigerdelta thing to die considering the fact that oklng is in the west. it would take sometime for brass to come to a reality since a key player of the project conoco phillips pulled out and the buyer of its asset " oando " have not got the technology. the recently sacked NNPC GMD said the FID is the major cause for the delay but the truth is the IOC's are jut being frustrated. we know chevron has got some issues , eni is dealing with some fraud scandal, shell being accused of not cleaning its oil spills. majority of these companies have not had their contract ceilings decided on . it was never like this 4 to 6 years ago. I would say there has not been any improvement really.

Said it all. Olokola LNG is as good as dead, considering all the foreign investors have divested their stakes in the project leaving only NNPC. So instead of having three LNG projects we're left with only one.
And all this at a time when natural gas, being the cleanest fossil fuel, is gaining market share against coal and oil due to increasingly stringent environmental regulations. So while heavy LNG investments are being made in other countries around the world, here we are moving backwards.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
a1ok:
*sigh*

looooooollllllllzzz.. ds dude go don weak for me......
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
We ll wake up to reality when much more developments is made wth shale gas.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
True to some on extent......personally speaking industry indications shows that gas supplies have been secured for the Train 7 project and SPA's signed with the respective longterm buyers. The FEED for the approx. 8MTPA capacity train 7 project should be ready. The major challenge is the Signing of the FID . Which I believe the IOCs (Shell, Agip and Total) are ready for but the FG through the NNPC is not yet ready .....maybe financial contraints don't know (49 % shareholding no be here oo....Its a huge money but I feel dat NNPC is capable...there may be political undertone to it)...Moreso for the BRASS LNG project ....though somewhere working now..Personally Travelled to bayelsa about mid last year back wen I was still unemployed looking for opportunities desperately jst after NYSC.. To Ekpoama particularly in Twon brass the location of the project mehnn it was frustrating.....a huge massive land for the project BUSH BUSH evry where.. Infact two communities in which the Project land cut across where still having disputes over the boundary of the land seeing the huge project coming that notin has really started....notin much just heard some geological contractors have done mapping of the site to acertain the suitability of the LNG project...could remember I saw HYUNDAI site with there heavy equipments as contractors for the project. BUT SERIOUSLY NOTIN IS REALLY HAPPENING!!...MAYBE TILL NOW DONT KNOW seeing also the pulling out of Conoco Phillips from the project which is the shareholder that is the major sponsor of the Technical expertee with there industry partner that will deliver a very recent LNG technology planned for the project.....Things are not really moving fast in the Industry its disheartening. The upshot of the PIB is anoda issue with various lacunas in the bill...though it has positive aspects but the negative impact in the industry outweighs due to the High effective tax rate on the profit of major industry players at the end of the day as compared to the present regime of the petroleum profit tax act....This is a major reason for slow investments in the industry to finance projects as investors are really scared of what to expect as our political and regulatory framework is really unstable.....OIL N GAS PROJECT FUNDS NO BE SMALL MONEY OOO....that is the reason for the JOINT VENTURES....which NLNG is an example i.e an EQUITY JOINT VENTURE. Consequently that's why the delay In the passing of the PIB.....FREINDS I must say the Oil and Gas industry truly needs revolution and reformation which will start from me....WHO IS ON MY SIDE...LOLZZZZZ...
majekdom2: bro , dem never even reach train station . what a bleeped country. the youths dont have a say . those 2 projects alone would have generated employment and revenue in its own little way. oklng I would say is dead ...my opinon is they dont want the nigerdelta thing to die considering the fact that oklng is in the west. it would take sometime for brass to come to a reality since a key player of the project conoco phillips pulled out and the buyer of its asset " oando " have not got the technology. the recently sacked NNPC GMD said the FID is the major cause for the delay but the truth is the IOC's are jut being frustrated. we know chevron has got some issues , eni is dealing with some fraud scandal, shell being accused of not cleaning its oil spills. majority of these companies have not had their contract ceilings decided on . it was never like this 4 to 6 years ago. I would say there has not been any improvement really.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Assessment center is supposed. To be the next stage of the campaign oh...

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
Collintos: True to some on extent......personally speaking industry indications shows that gas supplies have been secured for the Train 7 project and SPA's signed with the respective longterm buyers. The FEED for the approx. 8MTPA capacity train 7 project should be ready. The major challenge is the Signing of the FID . Which I believe the IOCs (Shell, Agip and Total) are ready for but the FG through the NNPC is not yet ready .....maybe financial contraints don't know (49 % shareholding no be here oo....Its a huge money but I feel dat NNPC is capable...there may be political undertone to it)...Moreso for the BRASS LNG project ....though somewhere working now..Personally Travelled to bayelsa about mid last year back wen I was still unemployed looking for opportunities desperately jst after NYSC.. To Ekpoama particularly in Twon brass the location of the project mehnn it was frustrating.....a huge massive land for the project BUSH BUSH evry where.. Infact two communities in which the Project land cut across where still having disputes over the boundary of the land seeing the huge project coming that notin has really started....notin much just heard some geological contractors have done mapping of the site to acertain the suitability of the LNG project...could remember I saw HYUNDAI site with there heavy equipments as contractors for the project. BUT SERIOUSLY NOTIN IS REALLY HAPPENING!!...MAYBE TILL NOW DONT KNOW seeing also the pulling out of Conoco Phillips from the project which is the shareholder that is the major sponsor of the Technical expertee with there industry partner that will deliver a very recent LNG technology planned for the project.....Things are not really moving fast in the Industry its disheartening. The upshot of the PIB is anoda issue with various lacunas in the bill...though it has positive aspects but the negative impact in the industry outweighs due to the High effective tax rate on the profit of major industry players at the end of the day as compared to the present regime of the petroleum profit tax act....This is a major reason for slow investments in the industry to finance projects as investors are really scared of what to expect as our political and regulatory framework is really unstable.....OIL N GAS PROJECT FUNDS NO BE SMALL MONEY OOO....that is the reason for the JOINT VENTURES....which NLNG is an example i.e an EQUITY JOINT VENTURE. Consequently that's why the delay In the passing of the PIB.....FREINDS I must say the Oil and Gas industry truly needs revolution and reformation which will start from me....WHO IS ON MY SIDE...LOLZZZZZ...

Ladies u can take ds ur gist to d bedroom pls.....

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
What of to the bathroom....? grin grin grin
scarletdp:

Ladies u can take ds ur gist to d bedroom pls.....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lol, I had to check the thread topic again after I saw all those long gist above, maybe the name of the thread has been changed to 'NLNG 2013 BOARD OF DIRECTORS RECRUITMENT'...

7 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Collintos: What of to the bathroom....? grin grin grin
heheheeheheh... that one is allowed kwa.... d lesser d clothes d merrier
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
buh for real.. this thread is damn too boring... kai.. but wait oooo where were all ds ppl that r commenting every second now.. PrinceofParis and co... so u were all observing from d sidelines, immediately results showed and u were successful, u hopped into the game... well not a bad tin tho... Wish dey could jst recruit us all remaining bt d sad truth is more souls would still fall... kai... after getting this close.... Anyways whats the worst that can happen? You don't get a job u already dont have....God knows best

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Abeg ooo...my hands are up ooo dat one naah fainting at sight...LOLZZZZZZZZ
scarletdp:
heheheeheheh... that one is allowed kwa.... d lesser d clothes d merrier
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
yea ,with the psc law , the projects belongs to Nigeria in the long run after some years of profit sharing. yea , funding could be hard but if we have got a leadership who sees governance as an investment and not the other way , we would not have problems.To me the PIB is just a scam just like the subsidy
* to those complaining about talks on the matter , it isn't a bad idea discussing this issue.what would you like to hear or see? kindly ignore if you are not interested.*

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Collintos, @majekdom2 thanks for the info. Its like you both are already in O&G, we in manufacturing are aspiring. The way una dey throw enough abbreviation ehn, who nor get heart go faint o! MTPA,FEED,FID, IOC,SPA mehn thank God for google! cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
I just dey observe...

My regards to all the strong men in d house...

Still observing...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
majekdom2: yea ,with the psc law , the projects belongs to Nigeria in the long run after some years of profit sharing. yea , funding could be hard but if we have got a leadership who sees governance as an investment and not the other way , we would not have problems.To me the PIB is just a scam just like the subsidy
* to those complaining about talks on the matter , it isn't a bad idea discussing this issue.what would you like to hear or see? kindly ignore if you are not interested.*

Dude a lil humor won't hurt u.....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
scarletdp:

Dude a lil humor won't hurt u.....
at times when one considers the whole issue, I can tell you won't have a thought about humor. thanks anyways
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by LumiNG: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
scarletdp: buh for real.. this thread is damn too boring... kai.. but wait oooo where were all ds ppl that r commenting every second now.. PrinceofParis and co... so u were all observing from d sidelines, immediately results showed and u were successful, u hopped into the game... well not a bad tin tho... Wish dey could jst recruit us all remaining bt d sad truth is more souls would still fall... kai... after getting this close.... Anyways whats the worst that can happen? You don't get a job u already dont have....God knows best

I believe PrinceOfParis made one of the most useful posts on the thread even before results were released. Plus yeah, the thread has lost its spark
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
LumiNG:
I believe PrinceOfParis made one of the most useful posts on the thread even before results were released. Plus yeah, the thread has lost its spark

Dat post came less than a week before d results came out.. this thread has been buzzing since god knows when undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
majekdom2: at times when one considers the whole issue, I can tell you won't have a thought about humor. thanks anyways

and other times, no matter d amount of consideration... certain tins are jst not worth bothering about..... u r welcome anyways
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
All of una just dey write essay about FEED, MFD, GGB, PIB, LOC, MFM, PDP.... how on earth are those abbreviations supposed to get me to the promised land ?

*Thinking seriously how to outwit AC interviewers*

@Chikelu, whatever happend to our malt stores ? Besides, you've been on sidelines for ages. Is ur wife pregnant or something ?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
SQLmaster1: All of una just dey write essay about FEED, MFD, GGB, PIB, LOC, MFM, PDP.... how on earth are those abbreviations supposed to get me to the promised land ?

*Thinking seriously how to outwit AC interviewers*
have you heard of the man called T.B joshua grin ?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
@majekom nice idea.....but my take is that the PSC's are majorly for offshore assets majorly for oil production projects.....But I think the nlng project is not in that category of PSC or RSC depending on the agreement between the operators....Its the only standing Equity joint venture in Nigeria. Other Non-equity joint ventures are majorly for crude oil production. Thus looking at the NLNG Act I don't think there is anywhere the NLNG asset will belong solely to Nigeria after years of sharing the profit from the venture by the Shareholders as its the Act that governs lng I think.
majekdom2: yea ,with the psc law , the projects belongs to Nigeria in the long run after some years of profit sharing. yea , funding could be hard but if we have got a leadership who sees governance as an investment and not the other way , we would not have problems.To me the PIB is just a scam just like the subsidy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
majekdom2: have you heard of the man called T.B joshua grin ?
hmmm... that name sounds familiar.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
What of EBOLA... grin grin grin....just relax bro u will always flow wit dose stuff being in the industry without stress u cant just avoid it... dat one no be anytin.....sometimes u wil hv team discusns as a JAMBITO (fresher) u no go even understand Jack aftr evry meeting..e m go be like say dem dey sell u or dem dey sell ground nut for your head... bt wit time it wil flow for u...You will definitely get there... Its a matter of time n little exp evry one have a starting point....
airsaylongcon:

When you don get solution on how to outwit and outfox those AC pipu...abeg share with me cos what is good for the Jews is good for Uganda o.
Meanwhile add TTT,TTO,FOB,HIV,TB to the list of abbreviations

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Collintos: What of EBOLA... grin grin grin....just relax bro u will always flow wit dose stuff being in the industry without stress u cant just avoid it... dat one no be anytin.....sometimes u wil hv team discusns as a JAMBITO (fresher) u no go even understand Jack aftr evry meeting..e m go be like say dem dey sell u or dem dey sell ground nut for your head... bt wit time it wil flow for u...You will definitely get there... Its a matter of time n little exp evry one have a starting point....

Oh sure! With the field comes the lingo. Where I currently work, my first three months I jus dey smile anyhow for meetings. my team no undastand say apart from the regular good morning and others wey dem dey use I no undastand anything for their meetings. Abbreviations like TAMU, FPC, SPS, OOO, PLA, TC, OTD, CFR, VFR left me befuddled! So I just dey my corner dey smile as una dey speak canary language...d lingo go come no worry

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
scarletdp: buh for real.. this thread is damn too boring... kai.. but wait oooo where were all ds ppl that r commenting every second now.. PrinceofParis and co... so u were all observing from d sidelines, immediately results showed and u were successful, u hopped into the game... well not a bad tin tho... Wish dey could jst recruit us all remaining bt d sad truth is more souls would still fall... kai... after getting this close.... Anyways whats the worst that can happen? You don't get a job u already dont have....God knows best
Lol, bro I am not new on the thread though. Was here even before the Nairaland attack, though with another username and didn't comment much.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
And about the interview, its good to learn most of these stuffs so as not to be clueless 'just in case' sh*t decides to happen that day, thanks to google though.
I think the interview at the AC will be more of a 'strength based interview' than a 'competency based interview' considering that the opening is for graduate trainees.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Collintos: @majekom nice idea.....but my take is that the PSC's are majorly for offshore assets majorly for oil production projects.....But I think the nlng project is not in that category of PSC or RSC depending on the agreement between the operators....Its the only standing Equity joint venture in Nigeria. Other Non-equity joint ventures are majorly for crude oil production. Thus looking at the NLNG Act I don't think there is anywhere the NLNG asset will belong solely to Nigeria after years of sharing the profit from the venture by the Shareholders as its the Act that governs lng I think.
Collintos: @majekom nice idea.....but my take is that the PSC's are majorly for offshore assets majorly for oil production projects.....But I think the nlng project is not in that category of PSC or RSC depending on the agreement between the operators....Its the only standing Equity joint venture in Nigeria. Other Non-equity joint ventures are majorly for crude oil production. Thus looking at the NLNG Act I don't think there is anywhere the NLNG asset will belong solely to Nigeria after years of sharing the profit from the venture by the Shareholders as its the Act that governs lng I think.
well , am not so sure about this tho , but my thought is these companies wouldnt mind pulling out when it becomes unbearable for them. there has been a decline in lng export because of the shale gas thing. If NNPC had been run the way saudi aramco was , we won't have the story that oil isnt enough for our economy. how many expats are working in nnpc, aramco operated as an entity with the IOCs in the start , I mean it was aramco america corporation, and then the state took over totally. if we had something like total nigeria national pet corp am sure we wont have issues when the state takes over fully because a good working culture and technology would have become imminent. tho , there are complaints that aramco is not been free with information and not transparent with its financial reports being controlled by the royal family but the truth is the industry state is much better than nigeria.the company boasts that they can pay what any IOC would pay an employee in ten yrs in a year. our dear alison says the PIB would increase government's participation. has the government got the technology ,good quality of human resources and capital ?
we say oil is not enough to cater for our needs , whats the assurance we would manage any other sector considered to be an option effectively.
Am sorry if this has been boring to anybody. e just dey always pain me for body as greed and selfish attitude is killing the black man.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yeaahh share your thoughts to some extent and I think that's why in most of the Joint ventures and PSC the IOC's have with NNPC the IOC's insist on take responsibility for the Operational aspect after which they account to NNPC inorder to avoid collapse of efficiency in the day to day running of the oil and gas asset. OK look at the Nigeria run local refineries.. is it efficient to optimum capacity? that's what we are saying.... Really recommend the deployment of foreign competitive industry standards and expertise in the corporate governance and running of our operational systems in the industry....and I think that's what the NOGICDA act that came up in 2010 is trying to achieve....feeling the impact a little in the industry in the aspect of contract awarding but what I am nt sure of is if the NNPC is also adopting it in its systems in terms of promoting technology transfer to its personnels? seeing the political nature of the system.......I believe there is hope sha.....But we need more vibrant and reasonable government policies to drive and enforce this needed change.
majekdom2:
well , am not so sure about this tho , but my thought is these companies wouldnt mind pulling out when it becomes unbearable for them. there has been a decline in lng export because of the shale gas thing. If NNPC had been run the way saudi aramco was , we won't have the story that oil isnt enough for our economy. how many expats are working in nnpc, aramco operated as an entity with the IOCs in the start , I mean it was aramco america corporation, and then the state took over totally. if we had something like total nigeria national pet corp am sure we wont have issues when the state takes over fully because a good working culture and technology would have become imminent. tho , there are complaints that aramco is not been free with information and not transparent with its financial reports being controlled by the royal family but the truth is the industry state is much better than nigeria.the company boasts that they can pay what any IOC would pay an employee in ten yrs in a year. our dear alison says the PIB would increase government's participation. has the government got the technology ,good quality of human resources and capital ?
we say oil is not enough to cater for our needs , whats the assurance we would manage any other sector considered to be an option effectively.
Am sorry if this has been boring to anybody. e just dey always pain me for body as greed and selfish attitude is killing the black man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.