Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225524 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: From my deductions I would conclude the engineers have got a stiffer competition. I mean we would have more of the engineers at the AC . I would advice engineers do learn some production program software or engage in some resourceful paper work . dplacement said earlier that a work experience may be useful , this may be useful also . anyways , all the best folks.
Learning a software now or engaging in some paper work would have little to no effect on one's performance at the AC. If you're good, you're good. Just go there and perform wink

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by TheRealAdonye(m): 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks mahn.. Appreciate.

airsaylongcon:

Awwww man!!!! I loved ur no nonsense staright talking! Heads up bro...Sky's d limit. I will mos def keep in touch
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRealAdonye: It took some time to come say my final goodbye to this thread.. Thanks for the fun and learning. Bonny isn't far from my villa so I would be dropping in on the reg to break words with all you beautiful people. Take care (No Drake).

Adonye out.

Thank you too for adding to the learning experience on this thread. God bless you richly.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
freeradical: Spot-on! But I think after the training period when one is given a job role thats when the real heavy gbem will start landing. But the start-up too makes lot of sense....very juicy pay if u ask me grin.

Dplacement can still throw more light on this as a way of boosting us to reach the "holy" grail.

hahahahahahahaha....what is the English word for gbem?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ddazz: 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: BEFORE I AM BEING CRUCUFIED TO DIE FOR SINS I HAVE NOT COMMITTED , PLS IF YOU DONT LIKE THE POST OR ARE NOT INTERESTED , KINDLY IGNORE AND DONT MENTION ME. I HAVE ASSESSMENT CENTRE MATERIALS I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY AS I DID FOR THE SHL; THIS MATERIAL HAS GOT LIKELY QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED AND DIFF SCENARIO WE MIGHT FACE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT THEM.YEA , WHAT I FOUND IS , YOU CAN PREPARE BUT YOU CANT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE AT THE AC ,ASSESSORS WOULD ALWAYS KNOW THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. AM LOOKING TO SHARE THE COST WITH SOME INTERESTED FOLKS SAY 3 OR 4 PERSONS.

Bro, i am game..u could reach me on...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by charlycharly: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: DROP A MAIL CONTACT

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: DROP A MAIL CONTACT
Okechukwudimaka@gmail.com
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lewinskee:
Learning a software now or engaging in some paper work would have little to no effect on one's performance at the AC. If you're good, you're good. Just go there and perform wink
I never said it would have an effect on your performance, it would add to your profile.hehehehe , do you think performance is the only determining factor ? sure you would be asked to present your profile , your work experience adds to ur profile also . it was only an advice , I never asked anyone to .

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
majekdom2: I never said it would have an effect on your performance, it would add to your profile.hehehehe , do you think performance is the only determining factor ? sure you would be asked to present your profile , your work experience adds to ur profile also . it was only an advice , I never asked anyone to .
Bro, if you like let your profile fill 10 foolscap sheets, if you don't perform that day, you won't get in. The AC is made up of different stages. Performance is key.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
OK ... Pls dont get my post wrong , I never said ur gaining some experience or more knowlege would cover up for an awful performance . I only gave an advice on how one can improve one's chances. pls read and compehend well , it would help you at the AC. I didnt say whatever skills you gain now would enhance your performance. performance comes first , I never disputed the fact.but in a case where your performance matches with that of another candidate , and the other have got a better profile... who goes ?

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Did you just take a swipe at me?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Here we go,..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lehgo

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lewinskee: Did you just take a swipe at me?
yes He did. What You gon' do?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okzcorp: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
SQLmaster1: yes He did. What You gon' do?

He is gonna swipe back with a diaper or tissue.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okzcorp: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thankz Dplacement, God bless you and your household. Thankz to those who asked the questionz.

Thank you Almighty God for this opportunity. PEACE BE WITH YOU.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks a lot Dplacement for your time and patience with us. You've been quite helpful and I hope we'll be breaking bread soon enough as colleagues. Come back when the offers have been handed out so the chosen ones can get your no and dine with the oracle. God bless you.

Shalom!

DPlacement:

Training is dependent of job function. The engineers in Production were sent on foreign training immediately as the they would be unable to perform without the requisite training. Foreign training is available to officer level staff once in every two years after confirmation. Any exceptions will usually require justifications.

Most of the Graduate trainees attended multiple local trainings in the first year of employment.

Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Caring.

If you get the job, your family will make you take it. You will most likely more than double your current salary before tax.

There was no gamechanger. I just showed up and performed. God is in charge!

1. Its a great place to work. NLNG is an employer of choice in Africa.

3. Competitive

7. 1998, 2004, 2008, 2015

8. The last one took place at Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos.

10. Yes
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nigerianmovie(m): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2014
I keep following this thread wishing I was successful.

best of luck guys.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 10:15am On Aug 05, 2014
Good day guys. I am trying to develop a structure to my preparation for the next stage (widely assumed to be an Assessment Centre). Can anyone provide guidelines on what is to be expected? Me I no sabi anything so I take God beg una no lambasting here abeg
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 05, 2014
Hey,

It is definitely going to be an assessment centre, and as for what to expect, no one can say really as it is common knowledge that the last graduate recruitment was in 2007. Times have changed definitely. Then they were receiving invites in DHL parcels, now its all electronic- So easily the format used then might have changed. Nonetheless, one still has to spread his tentacles and prepare as much as one can.

Surely you have read some posts earlier talking about group exercises, case study presentations and behavioural-based interviews - the brains here even dissected the 2007 questions that were asked in posts earlier. So in addition to that, just read up on the company, and generally build up your confidence level. One can never really prepare for these things. Be yourself on the day, and let your natural abilities shine through. follow strict instructions on the day and we shall meet at the onboarding.

Shalom!

airsaylongcon: Good day guys. I am trying to develop a structure to my preparation for the next stage (widely assumed to be an Assessment Centre). Can anyone provide guidelines on what is to be expected? Me I no sabi anything so I take God beg una no lambasting here abeg

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by a1ok(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2014
artmedia: Hey,

It is definitely going to be an assessment centre, and as for what to expect, no one can say really as it is common knowledge that the last graduate recruitment was in 2007. Times have changed definitely. Then they were receiving invites in DHL parcels, now its all electronic- So easily the format used then might have changed. Nonetheless, one still has to spread his tentacles and prepare as much as one can.

Surely you have read some posts earlier talking about group exercises, case study presentations and behavioural-based interviews - the brains here even dissected the 2007 questions that were asked in posts earlier. So in addition to that, just read up on the company, and generally build up your confidence level. One can never really prepare for these things. Be yourself on the day, and let your natural abilities shine through. follow strict instructions on the day and we shall meet at the onboarding.

Shalom!

Excellent advice! Also, some knowledge about HSE, the SOX Act, PIB, the Nigerian Local Content Development Act and PPTA may come in handy. All of the very best!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
artmedia: Hey,
It is definitely going to be an assessment centre, [b]and as for what to expect, no one can say really [/b]as it is common knowledge that the last graduate recruitment was in 2007. Times have changed definitely. Then they were receiving invites in DHL parcels, now its all electronic- So easily the format used then might have changed. Nonetheless, one still has to spread his tentacles and prepare as much as one can.
Shalom!

The above is absolutely nothing but the TRUTH.....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
a1ok:

Excellent advice! Also, some knowledge about HSE, the SOX Act, PIB, the Nigerian Local Content Development Act and PPTA may come in handy. All of the very best!!
Huh?...really?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
a1ok:

Dude this is earth.. Not Jupiter...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by a1ok(m): 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
scarletdp:
Dude this is earth.. Not Jupiter...

PrinceofParis:
Huh?...really?

I call it "covering all the bases". You don't wanna blank out if a question like that comes up (and they do come up!). It's not necessary to know about the topics from end to end but I would advise against cluelessness. HSE is key in the industry for everyone, your field notwithstanding. I guess the rest of it would apply more to the business/finance people, which happens to be my area.

Also do well to note key operative terms in my post..."some" and "may". But then again, this is by no means an "NLNG AC syllabus", just friendly advice.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MaforBea(f): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Heard the actual start day of work isMarch, 2015. Hope that's not true oh. Also, hope nepotism doesn't come into play.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
MaforBea: Heard the actual start day of work is March, 2015. Hope that's not true oh. Also, hope nepotism doesn't come into play.
Huh? Really again....*smiles*
Even if they say its February 2016, the best we can do is get the job, keep it in the basket and continue growing till whenever they call.

Chai,,.march 2015 faaaaaaar sha!....lol ...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
yea , A1OK was only giving an advice , you gotta keep yourself abreast with the industry news and happenings .and yea , I wont be suprised if resumption is march ,the industry has been on a slow pace ever since our dear alison took control of the sector. its killing mehn . if other lng projects have been on board am sure this process wont take more than 6 months.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
majekdom2: yea , A1OK was only giving an advice , you gotta keep yourself abreast with the industry news and happenings .and yea , I wont be suprised if resumption is march ,the industry has been on a slow pace ever since our dear alison took control of the sector. its killing mehn . if other lng projects have been on board am sure this process wont take more than 6 months.

my runaway "oluyole" brethren...is there any update on OKLNG and Brass LNG? These are "rivals" to LNG and I think it is necessary to know a bit about them. And Train 7? any update abi the Train still dey train station?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
a1ok:
I call it "covering all the bases". You don't wanna blank out if a question like that comes up (and they do come up!). It's not necessary to know about the topics from end to end but I would advise against cluelessness. HSE is key in the industry for everyone, your field notwithstanding. I guess the rest of it would apply more to the business/finance people, which happens to be my area.
Also do well to note key operative terms in my post..."some" and "may". But then again, this is by no means an "NLNG AC syllabus", just friendly advice.

Aii.. welcome back to earth man.....
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by a1ok(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
scarletdp:

Aii.. welcome back to earth man.....

*sigh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.