Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date (9985 Views)

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice. / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 7:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
jennykadry: Bus hahahahahahahahah @ile and @coogar being judges. cheesy grin we will end up judging those two at the end of the day

You still dey this Earth.

I don dey expect call from Warri say make we come pay ransom ni.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sagamite:

You still dey this Earth.

I don dey expect call from Warri say make we come pay ransom ni.

My chocomilolo. I know you are up to the task if the call had come through. wink
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
AmBeautiful: Hello Tgirl, am debating too smiley

No probs dear. Pls send me a mail with d topic and side you are debating for. smiley
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
jennykadry:

My chocomilolo. I know you are up to the task if the call had come through. wink

I don set aside N600m. cheesy
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
jennykadry: Bus hahahahahahahahah @ile and @coogar being judges. cheesy grin we will end up judging those two at the end of the day

Lol

Where is Coogar sef?
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

No probs dear. Pls send me a mail with d topic and side you are debating for. smiley

I think you should be clearer.

What you are trying to say is: "Pls send me a mail with your arguments based on the topic and side you are debating for". wink

Otherwise you will just end up with an email like this:

Hey Tgirl,

My choice of topic is "Should the man be 100% financially responsible for the family?" and my side is "No".

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sagamite:

I think you should be clearer.

What you are trying to say is: "Pls send me a mail with your arguments based on the topic and side you are debating for". wink

Otherwise you will just end up with an email like this:

Hey Tgirl,

My choice of topic is "Should the man be 100% financially responsible for the family?" and my side is "No".

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes na, thatz what I am expecting. smiley

The argument isn't due until next week. I don't want any last min rush.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Obinoscopy(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tgirl4real: Hello debaters,

I am still expecting your mails. Thanks. smiley
Mail sent smiley.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Obinoscopy: Mail sent smiley.

Thanks dear. Expecting for d others.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Patiently following
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Dondave11: 12:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Thanks dear. Expecting for d others.
I no sabi English o.. But, this your Grammer no just good for my Ear..
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 6:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Dondave11:
I no sabi English o.. But, this your Grammer no just good for my Ear..

Lol

OK. I'm expecting the others to send me a mail. Gerrit? cheesy
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2013
Tgirl4real
Please consider this carefully

If you release all the debaters' arguments at once wont that be too much for WE the audience to read, study, and learn from. Because some may not read through because it will be too cumbersome.

To respond to the earlier stated reason why all debaters' arguments will be release at once:::::::::Can't you block ALL JUDGES ALONE from viewing this topic while we the audience read and enjoy the competion? You can unblock them when you want to, so as to enable them assess the debaters arguments.

Sorry, I am only trying to make things easier for you and we the audience. Thanks
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
boay: Tgirl4real
Please consider this carefully

If you release all the debaters' arguments at once wont that be too much for WE the audience to read, study, and learn from. Because some may not read through because it will be too cumbersome.

To respond to the earlier stated reason why all debaters' arguments will be release at once:::::::::Can't you block ALL JUDGES ALONE from viewing this topic while we the audience read and enjoy the competion? You can unblock them when you want to, so as to enable them assess the debaters arguments.

Sorry, I am only trying to make things easier for you and we the audience. Thanks

You think say Nairaland is that sophisticated? grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, good point!.

Maybe batch (of 3) release every 6-24 hours would make some sense, so as not to overwhelm a potential reader.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks Boay.

Lol @ Sagamite.

There is no difference between releasing the posts at once or at intervals. The thread will be available for all to read till whenever we are through.

Also, the judges are not releasing the results immediately. The results will be released about 24 hours later which I believe is enough time for all to read. And the next round will take place another 24 hours later.

I believe that should settle it.

Thanks.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tgirl4real
Thanks Madam
But having 24hours to read ALL debaters arguments is not enough remember we are audience not participants. Also when we have them released not at once it wont bore us and it will be more appealing to read and learn from.

To back up my suggestion please check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/1480322/educational-debate-phase-one-essay

The link is for the phase one of Nairaland Education Debate completed just of recent.

You were one of the judges and if you peruse the thread carefully many AUDIENCE said it was too long and that they read only the first 2 or 3 arguments out of about 10 atleast (if not more than). You may confirm this from the link above

I believe you wont want this to happen again. Anyway, it is my opinion and I believe many audience support this. Thanks ma'am.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Thanks Boay. I get ur point.

However, we should remember this is a competition and there is a time frame. Releasing arguments every 3 hours will slow down the judges who need to submit their result the next day. You also need to consider me that will do the posting, I may not have such time on my hands.

Since the audience are not required to send in any feedback immediately, they can take their time to digest and make their contributions whenever they are ready.

But, I will surely look into extending the time for the elimination round.

Thanks.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 11:33am On Nov 11, 2013
No need to go further because it seems you didnt understand me Alright.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2013
Tgirl4real: Each debater will be judged using the following
criteria;

Style: writing style, use of grammar, punctuation, spacing, paragraphs.

Delivery: Structure of argument. Does the argument have
brief intro and as well as meaningful summary

Content: how relevant is the argument ,
persuasive skills

Evidence: Statements supported by facts/Stats?

Each point with carry 5 marks totalling 20marks.

Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2013
boay: No need to go further because it seems you didnt understand me Alright.

You are right, may be I don't understand your point.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by bellong: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Tgirl4real,

I have read the instructions and the elimination process, I will have to opt out at this junction because of time involved. Thought it will be a one day off thing. I am sorry, hope to be available for future debate.
Thanks
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2013
Still waiting and waiting patiently. I wish all debaters good luck. It is going to be a very tough one because those contestants are 'strong'
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by debosky(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
I've sharpened my pencils - they're ready for judging duties.

I hope we get a high standard of debate here - give it your best guys! cool
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
bellong: Tgirl4real,

I have read the instructions and the elimination process, I will have to opt out at this junction because of time involved. Thought it will be a one day off thing. I am sorry, hope to be available for future debate.
Thanks

No probs sir. smiley
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
boay: Still waiting and waiting patiently. I wish all debaters good luck. It is going to be a very tough one because those contestants are 'strong'

Yea, I believe so too. I hope they turn up on time. smiley
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
debosky: I've sharpened my pencils - they're ready for judging duties.

I hope we get a high standard of debate here - give it your best guys! cool

Professor Debosky!!!

Sofry sofry with the pen o. Lol
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by xynerise: 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
When is the debate again?
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Pataki: 12:57am On Nov 15, 2013
Bummer! Too late to join in now I suppose? undecided
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by DesChyko1(m): 1:14am On Nov 15, 2013
Good luck to the participants.. I'm solidly behind you all the way..
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Are you not participating? I saw your name on the list of participants
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Pataki: Bummer! Too late to join in now I suppose? undecided

Too late? undecided
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

Are chikening out now? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mouka Foam Issues / My Wife Likes Sex Very Rough / Should I Cheat On My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.