Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law (26693 Views)

Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / UNN Student Gets Scholarship From Frank Edwards For Drawing His Portrait(photo) / See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by bashsalam: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
The guy in question lived the next room to mine last session at the school boys hostel. He jokes a lot, he takes life simple too for he doesn't show he has something upstairs despite being a university scholar throughout his stay in the university. I seize this medium to wish him more success in life. I'm so happy for him. #Cheees#

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Elcapo(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=tundelomo][/quote] this one be LEARNER
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by AlphaMaximus(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
If God wish, I would be graduating with a first class degree too. My department has NEVER produced a first class graduate, the girl that was suppose to set the record died in 500L first semester (auto crash)
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Elcapo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Phder: If God wish, I would be graduating with a first class degree too. My department has NEVER produced a first class graduate, the girl that was suppose to set the record died in 500L first semester (auto crash)
Islamic law too
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by SirTunechi(f): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sermwell: Wooow!!! That's so great to know! I do pray I also graduate with 1st class in law from university of benin! My GP at present is very encouraging! Please nairalanders pray for me as I achieve this feat by the grace of God! Luv ya all!

Please I don't want anyone below me shouting 1st to comment! Be warned!
my very gud frnd Sermwell....dnt wory we wuld get 1st clas in JESUS name

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Shinelle(f): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats to the Dude! Hope to be lyk you soon by Gods Grace...... Na ASUU hold my graduation

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
adesewa4u@yahoo:
Hey guy........I can see how dumb you are........I was in the same class with this guy.......and I know he's worth it.I also made a 2:1 and I know what it means to study in unilorin......so many candles to burn and so many vigils, so mr watch your tongue!!!
Common and Islamic lawyer SMH

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
hon.Tim:
Congrat 2 d young man. Did u guys notice dat 41 persons made 1st class & about 1000plus made a 2.1. Just wondering because in DELSU, D figures are not always dat high
Oboy dem de call school, U de mention delsu. Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by bankylan: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
...I graduated from Unilorin. Only 3 people made First class in 2001/2002. Things have changed over the years as more people are now coming out with First class. It got to a time in my set that even the brilliant guys among us were struggling to make 2.1

I remember a lecturer telling then I should forget coming out with First class.......I thought he was joking until I saw myself praying hard for 2.1.

A good school though...but I won't allow my children to smell that school.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
rali123: :oWith all the sadists in that school.

You can say that again!
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
El_capo: Islamic law too
No! Human anatomy
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Emeralddeee: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats my learned colleague you have indeed earn yourself an eminent result,I was inspired by your effort this clearly shows that hardwork indeed pays. I'm so happy for you bro.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Oluabayomi1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
K,k:
Why is Unilorin not on strike?
They are no longer under d national body of ASUU since d era when some of their lecturers were sacked
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Emeralddeee: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
prem love: So he graduate with a first class in the dept of common and islamic law 'blink my eye' ok eeeehhhh dat is good
Stop being sarcastic jor the guy tried, how many students graduate with 1st class this days whether is first class in cooking the point is he came out prominent among his peers hence he should be acknowledged.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by ojobekehinde: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
unilorin,ma amameter.better by far.if u dnt kw,unilorin is nt member of ASUU so no interruption in dier academic calender.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Emeralddeee: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
dheaven: Because first class is not a new thing and its just common Islamic Law he made the first class.
Imagine yourself talk do you think is easy to graduate with a 1st class I doubt If you are a graduate or if you've seen the four walls of a universities with all the rigorous activities in school and distractions here and there this guy manage to graduate with a 1st class yet you call it common, where his mates were struggling for 2-2 he came out salient and outstanding yet you have the impetus to utter such brouhaha.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Emeralddeee: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
dheaven: Because first class is not a new thing and its just common Islamic Law he made the first class.
Imagine yourself talk do you think is easy to graduate with a 1st class I doubt If you are a graduate or if you've seen the four walls of a universities with all the rigorous activities in school and distractions here and there this guy manage to graduate with a 1st class yet you call it common, where his mates were struggling to get 2-2 he came out salient and outstanding yet you have the impetus to utter such brouhaha.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
ojobekehinde: unilorin,ma amameter.better by far.if u dnt kw,unilorin is nt member of ASUU so no interruption in dier academic calender.
bros wch one be "amameter" again

Oh na UniLorin you graduate from sef, no wonder...

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by redsun(m): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
It makes no difference.Same first class holder will still see nothing wrong in nigerian copy cat and nonfunctional justice system,He still won't have a rational opinion as an intellectual to make changes,so he is as good as a zombie like the unproductive others.

Nigerians are taught to read,write,cram,copy and paste,not to think,theorize,analyze and reform.That is why the country is backward,the socalled academicians are deludedly irrational.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tunsbobo: Smh, this just shows how dumb most ilorin law students and graduates are! No 1st class in law since d inception of the school? That's not an achievement
u have never been reasonable since u joined nairaland.
Since 2010 u stl havent gotten sense
Dnt disgrace OAU here pls
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by abbeywasc(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Abeg who knows his cgpa and what was the highest cgpa in their univesity this year? Just asking
coming , make i ask guugul
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by abbeywasc(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Abeg who knows his cgpa and what was the highest cgpa in their univesity this year? Just asking
dnt knw his but d highest ds year is 4.73. anybody dt tnks its easy to have first class in any school and specifically ilorin shud av a go at it. congrats my frnd
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by ikenna58(m): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
NewsINigeria:

biodun Kazeem is the first graduate to bag the first class grade in the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin,
If you call him a jinx breaker, you are not far from the truth. The reason is that many students had tried to graduate from the University of Ilorin with a first class degree in Law for many years, but they failed for one reason or the other. Finally, on Tuesday, however, Abiodun Kazeem achieved the feat, drawing accolades from many people.
Kazeem studied Common and Islamic Law at the institution, which became a full fledged university in 1976. Achieving this feat, according to him, is something he will always cherish. But he never forgets to note that his march through the system was a tough one.

For instance, he recalls that he did not get admission into the university on a platter of gold. He sat for the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board’s examination twice, in the course of which some of his friends tried to convince him to forget about applying again.
“The first time I sat for JAMB was in 2007,” Kazeem says. “I did not get the cut-off point. But I was bent on studying law. So, in 2008, I obtained the JAMB form and sat for the examination the second time. I was successful this time around.”
Between 2007 and 2008, he worked with one of his uncles, Mr. Tahiru Adeosun, who has a law firm in Ilorin. While the experience might have influenced his academic strides on campus, from his first day in the institution, he had his mind set on obtaining first class degree. Yet, some of his colleagues tried again to discourage him. They reminded him that no one had ever achieved that feat in the institution as far as the faculty was concerned. But he remained resolute.
He says, “From the day I entered the university, I wanted to make a first class. I thought that my experience in my uncle’s law firm could be used to optimise my ability. But some of the challenges I had have to do with the issue that nobody had made it. Some of my colleagues who noted that I was so focused on my studies discouraged me. Many of them said, ‘You can never have it. You do not need to disturb yourself.’’’
Twenty-six-year-old Kazeem, who hails from Iganna in Oyo State, says he is from a polygamous home. His father, Muideen, has 12 children. His mother, Mulika, gave birth to six of them. He states that settling for Law in the higher institution was largely due to the influence of his uncle.
Perhaps, he could have read Mass Communication and not Law. According to him, his nickname in secondary school was Mr. Mass Communication, due to his writing skills and gift of oration.
He recounts his days at Community Grammar School, Iganna. “I decided to read Law because my uncle, a lawyer, inspired me. I wanted to study Mass Communication. I was very eloquent and I was in the Press Club in the secondary school. But when I got to my uncle’s chamber, he influenced and inspired me to read Law. I never dreamt of becoming a lawyer,” he says.
Beaming with excitement and a sense of accomplishment, Kazeem adds that this feat is an honour for his generation and his people in Oyo State.
For now, he is preparing for the Law School, after which he will choose between three directions he has envisioned for himself. He hopes to become a lecturer, to inspire young people, practise Law or participate in politics, either actively or passively.
Kazeem is one of the 41 graduands from various faculties in the university who bagged first class degrees at the ceremony, with 1,088 making second class upper; 2,435 had second class lower. In the third class degree category are 1,082 students and 214 had ordinary Pass.

http://newsinigeria..com/2013/10/student-breaks-unilorin-record-gets.html

More news at http://www.newsinigeria..com

Welcome to our world!
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by ikenna58(m): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
barcanista: bros wch one be "amameter" again

Oh na UniLorin you graduate from sef, no wonder...

Lol..no mind that unilorin guy! initially, i thought he said "thermometer"
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by saustine18: 5:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Very bad school,that's for just one section 41 people are having first class when school battle for that in 6-7 years,anyway I'm happy for you.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats to the guy. He did great. It's not easy to graduate with a First-class or even a Second-class(upper-division) in Unilorin especially if your brain is still running on an O' Level "software"grin at admission.
However, he still need to prove himself again in the law school. Afterall, we've had a unilorin Third-class Law graduate, come out with First-class in the Law School.

I pray to read about a student graduate with a First-class in Economics from Unilorin in few years time. In this department, the 2:1 graduates are geniuses, the 2:2 graduates are gurus and no below-the-average student can ever have a pass there.

Once again, congrats, Mr Kazeem.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by madridsta007(m): 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Common and Islamic Law..

OK....
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Claroo: Congrats to ma Learning Friend
What? No be only learning na reading....Claroo grin
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by crackhouse(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
whathahell is comm...om and Islamic law, is it an academic law course or Islamic law course?.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by myk2mic: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
first class, thats great, him no do MAT 101(Dr Taiwo as at 2001) dats probably y,lol, my crazy alma matter
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by lee007(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
When I saw this post I Immediately knew he will be from the Common and Islamic law Department!......Law School is the Ultimate Judge....Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn French? / Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son / Unizik 2017-2018 Admission List is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.