Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,682 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law (26679 Views)

Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / UNN Student Gets Scholarship From Frank Edwards For Drawing His Portrait(photo) / See How A UNILORIN Student Returned Money To The University Purse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by NewsINigeria(m): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2013

biodun Kazeem is the first graduate to bag the first class grade in the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin,
If you call him a jinx breaker, you are not far from the truth. The reason is that many students had tried to graduate from the University of Ilorin with a first class degree in Law for many years, but they failed for one reason or the other. Finally, on Tuesday, however, Abiodun Kazeem achieved the feat, drawing accolades from many people.
Kazeem studied Common and Islamic Law at the institution, which became a full fledged university in 1976. Achieving this feat, according to him, is something he will always cherish. But he never forgets to note that his march through the system was a tough one.

For instance, he recalls that he did not get admission into the university on a platter of gold. He sat for the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board’s examination twice, in the course of which some of his friends tried to convince him to forget about applying again.
“The first time I sat for JAMB was in 2007,” Kazeem says. “I did not get the cut-off point. But I was bent on studying law. So, in 2008, I obtained the JAMB form and sat for the examination the second time. I was successful this time around.”
Between 2007 and 2008, he worked with one of his uncles, Mr. Tahiru Adeosun, who has a law firm in Ilorin. While the experience might have influenced his academic strides on campus, from his first day in the institution, he had his mind set on obtaining first class degree. Yet, some of his colleagues tried again to discourage him. They reminded him that no one had ever achieved that feat in the institution as far as the faculty was concerned. But he remained resolute.
He says, “From the day I entered the university, I wanted to make a first class. I thought that my experience in my uncle’s law firm could be used to optimise my ability. But some of the challenges I had have to do with the issue that nobody had made it. Some of my colleagues who noted that I was so focused on my studies discouraged me. Many of them said, ‘You can never have it. You do not need to disturb yourself.’’’
Twenty-six-year-old Kazeem, who hails from Iganna in Oyo State, says he is from a polygamous home. His father, Muideen, has 12 children. His mother, Mulika, gave birth to six of them. He states that settling for Law in the higher institution was largely due to the influence of his uncle.
Perhaps, he could have read Mass Communication and not Law. According to him, his nickname in secondary school was Mr. Mass Communication, due to his writing skills and gift of oration.
He recounts his days at Community Grammar School, Iganna. “I decided to read Law because my uncle, a lawyer, inspired me. I wanted to study Mass Communication. I was very eloquent and I was in the Press Club in the secondary school. But when I got to my uncle’s chamber, he influenced and inspired me to read Law. I never dreamt of becoming a lawyer,” he says.
Beaming with excitement and a sense of accomplishment, Kazeem adds that this feat is an honour for his generation and his people in Oyo State.
For now, he is preparing for the Law School, after which he will choose between three directions he has envisioned for himself. He hopes to become a lecturer, to inspire young people, practise Law or participate in politics, either actively or passively.
Kazeem is one of the 41 graduands from various faculties in the university who bagged first class degrees at the ceremony, with 1,088 making second class upper; 2,435 had second class lower. In the third class degree category are 1,082 students and 214 had ordinary Pass.

http://newsinigeria..com/2013/10/student-breaks-unilorin-record-gets.html

More news at http://www.newsinigeria..com

9 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Sermwell(m): 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
Wooow!!! That's so great to know! I do pray I also graduate with 1st class in law from university of benin! My GP at present is very encouraging! Please nairalanders pray for me as I achieve this feat by the grace of God! Luv ya all!

Please I don't want anyone below me shouting 1st to comment! Be warned!

24 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Harrisonn(m): 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by garripack: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
thank God for him
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by SIRKOL(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Bro u r a Genius!! Pls pray for me as ur fellow Law student to do so in UNN

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by SIRKOL(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
In the midst of ASUU
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Eneze1(f): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
congrats to him
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by ElhassanAuyo: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congratulation to you.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by cycline404(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
I Love that school.....

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by TUNEX89(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Brilliant..just wondering what that will fetch you in Nija...

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by rali123(f): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
:oWith all the sadist in that school.
I am really happy for him.

Congrat.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Swiftlee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Wow!! Congratualtions..i tried also to be a first class graduate back in the days but could not cos of some issues... I believe i would still be a first class candidate somewhere somehow..Amen..Congrats brother

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Elcapo(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Unilorin Nah schl Mtschewwww undecided anyways the guy is gud!

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Kk4(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Why is Unilorin not on strike?
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by mjlumideee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
shweeeech
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Big4wig(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dude am happy for u,nairaland expect my own Guinness book of record breaking....

Buh did u know dat An average woman eats about 2-3 kilos of lipstick in her lifetym...just to look like an expensive babbon

#BIGWIG

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
well! Nice but that wnt stop Stella Oduah from breaking records of Ordering Expensive armoured cars, within a short space of time. Even when she can just steal one of the private jets she's in charge of as the Aviation Minister.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by bigtt76(f): 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Correct! Next ...Law School grin
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Lilimax(f): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Great!
Congratulation guy smiley
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Tunsbobo(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Smh, this just shows how dumb most ilorin law students and graduates are! No 1st class in law since d inception of the school? That's not an achievement

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Swiftlee: Wow!! Congratualtions.. i tried also to be a first class graduate back in the days but could not cos of some issues... I believe i would still be a first class candidate somewhere somehow..Amen..Congrats brother
because U carried over Mat 101, nobi so?
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by youngice(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Just sayin but is it only me that saw 'common and islamic law' .

Congrats sha 1st class na 1st class

7 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by njuwo(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ok, una wan jux tel us say una no dey strike.
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Ifedechidex: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats to Kazeem. Bt wait o, UniIlorin no follow dey strike? They did their convocation last week, right?? Hnmm, dat means dere's hope somewhere.. Waiting patiently for my convocation come first week of febuary 2014 @ Unn. Y'all r invited
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Ifedechidex: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats to Kazeem. Bt wait o, UniIlorin no follow dey strike? They did their convocation lasst week, right?? Hnmm, dat means dere's hope somewhere.. Waiting patiently for my convocation come first week of febuary 2014 @ Unn. Y'all r invited

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Codedrock(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
AND WHATS THE BIG DEAL??
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Jayses(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Clap for ur self
Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Wow.. I'm inspired.. congrats

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Gud for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / Where Can I Learn French? / Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.