Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral (12161 Views)

Emefiele Donates Gifts From His Mother’s Funeral To Motherless Babies / Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by LMAyedun(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
SaharaReporters has learnt that several Federal Government ministries, state governments, and government agencies are throwing large sums of public funds into funding the burial of Charity Fynetaco Kalada Oba, the foster mother of Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan.

Mrs. Oba, who died in a ghastly automobile accident in July, is scheduled for burial this week in Okrika, Rivers State. Her lavish funeral rites, which will last three days, will start on Thursday, October 31. 

Several sources, including one at the Presidency, disclosed that numerous federal ministers and state governors had contributed huge amounts of public funds to the First Lady for her mother’s funeral. “It’s because of the funeral that the First Lady did not join Mr. President in his trip to Israel.

Our sources said the First Lady’s associates had been making the rounds of well-funded ministries as well as state governments to persuade ministers and governors to make solid financial donations to support Mrs. Jonathan’s decision to give her mother a massive funeral.

Among the states, Bayelsa has so far topped the list of donors, said one source.

“The First Lady’s people are in effect arm-twisting and extorting money from federal officials in various agencies and parastatals to donate huge funds to the burial,” one of our sources said.

One source revealed that Bala Mohammed, the minister of the Federal Capital Territory, assumed the responsibility of using hundreds of millions of naira from his ministry to fix the main highway leading into Okrika.

“The main thing is that it is not the job of the FCT to work on roads in Rivers State,” said one source.

Nyeson Wike, Nigeria’s Education Minister, is another government official who is funneling funds into the funeral.

Mr. Wike, who is very close to Mrs. Jonathan, is reportedly using the funeral to launch his campaign for governor of Rivers State. A bureaucrat in the Ministry of Education told SaharaReporters that Mr. Wike had doled out millions from the Education ministry for the burial. Mr. Wike recently announced that he had set up a committee for the burial.

University lecturers in Nigeria have been on strike since July, protesting the Jonathan administration’s failure to implement funding and other negotiated agreements reached between the government and academics. Mr. Wike’s high-profile role in the First Lady’s mother’s funeral led a lecturer at the University of Lagos to question the minister’s suitability for his post.

SaharaReporters learnt that government-owned aircraft as well as helicopters from the navy, air force, and police will be deployed for the burial. In addition, at least 4,000 security agents from the army, navy, State Security Service (SSS) will be on duty to protect the First Lady’s guests during the burial.

SaharaReporters gathered that Mrs. Jonathan and her associates have booked all the hotels in and near Okrika, and have even rented houses from some people in the community to house guests. “Madam [Mrs. Jonathan] has quickly built some houses here since her mama died,” a member of the Okrika community said.

Numerous politicians, businessmen and entertainment stars with ties to the government are expected at the burial.
Mrs. Oba died in a car crash while returning to Okrika after traveling to Bayelsa State. The accident that claimed her life happened on the badly maintained Elele-Isiokpo Road. In addition to Mrs. Oba, who was traveling in a Toyota Corolla car, a 14-year old high school girl and three other persons also perished.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/education-ministry-fct-among-several-public-offices-lavishly-funding-funeral-patience-jona

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Goddex: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
All you haters will die of bad belle.

Say Amen if you are one of them.

He he he he he he. . .

2 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by gbanikiti(m): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
Shaking my head..... embarassed

Waiting for buttlickers to say this story is a lie! angry

4 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by yunglykmine(m): 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
I trust Nyson Wike.. Patience's boy. Even when ASUU is on strike. Nigeria, i weep for thee.
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by nameo: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: Shaking my head..... embarassed

You do not need a fish's brain to know that this is a badly scripted PROPAGANDA piece by Sahara Reporters, do you?

4 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by LMAyedun(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
yunglykmine: I trust Nyson Wike.. Patience's boy. Even when ASUU is on strike. Nigeria, i weep for thee.
Nyson Wike is a wrong person for Min. Education. Who will save Nigeria students?
What a country we live in.
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by lertee(f): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Fee dee fee
Fawa!!!
This presh air iz bery wonderpul. grin
God is watching us all. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by bloggernaija: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
At this point, you cannot rule out anything written by these corrupt folks

3 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by yunglykmine(m): 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
bloggernaija: At this point, you cannot rule out anything written by these corrupt folks
You can't rule out anything o.. E'rything is possible in present day Nigeria. 90% of sahara's stories are true. Nigerians got to knw about the car scandal in the Aviation sector via this same sahara.

8 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by LMAyedun(m): 6:14am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: Shaking my head..... embarassed

LOL!!! grin
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by LMAyedun(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2013
yunglykmine: Nigerians got to knw about the car scandal in the Aviation sector via this same sahara.
GBAM!!
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2013
nameo: You do not need a fish's brain to know that this is a badly scripted PROPAGANDA piece by Sahara Reporters, do you?
How far? Is it Jamaican?

2 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by yunglykmine(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nyson Wike is a wrong person for Min. Education. Who will save Nigeria students?
Only God can save this country my brother. And to think of Sen. Bala Mohammed being used as well. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by sexymoma(f): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2013
After Now we will hear that anty patience bought cars with 300billion...

Person wey im death no be better death, na accident she get o
Na wa o i wonder what she would do if the woman was her real mother
They would be going from street to street for donation.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Well,I see some people weeping for them(the politicians) and the country,pls,let's get ourselves something worthwhile to do for the mainwhile and stop thinking about the corrupt politicians and their insensitivity to the course of building this great Nation.If we continue,may be till thy kingdom come before Nigeria is gonna be better.

1 Like

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by everyday: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Patience is the wife of the president.She deserves it
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2013
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by yunglykmine(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2013
everyday: Patience is the wife of the president.She deserves it
I Knw your type. Your type contributed to the misfortune we face in this country today.

14 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by rozayx5(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2013
no matter how much they spend, compared to Tinubu's birthday it will be peanuts tongue

so no need for pot to call kettle black tongue

2 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nyson Wike is a wrong person for Min. Education. Who will [size=19pt] safe [/size] Nigeria students?

Haba!

yunglykmine: Only God can [size=19pt] safe [/size] this country my brother. And to think of Sen. Bala Mohammed being used as well. Pathetic.

Na wao

2 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by mkoabiola: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2013
sahara reporters and d misguided journalism.

1 Like

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Cmoyor: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Its her tyme make she use am wella. By d tyme i bcome president i go get ministry of in-law affairs,Ministry of president mother affairs enof jst vote for me
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by BabaEleko(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2013
When its Jonathan, SaharaRepoters dey lie. But when na opposition, na true. Some people will remain stupid for the rest of dia life. Hate it or love it, Saharareporters is one of the pillars of democracy and freedom of information in this country. Take out saharareporters, there wont be any other news platform where citizens can get deep insight secret on government corruption.

22 Likes

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Akshow: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2013
When it is abt otueke baboon its propaganda. Silly nitwits.
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by ccwizard: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2013
Sahara take it easy. the only road being worked on is the east-west road n its being Done by ferma. The road is always in a bad shape n because it leads to onne port it is always fixed regularly by ferma so I wonder which road d fct minister is constructing.
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by nairaman66(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2013
God is watching everyone in 3D! That's all I know.. Pro or Anti. Posterity is there to judge.

1 Like

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Muteski(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2013
What do u xpect.....they wil soon fund her sister's cousin fwnd sister mother.....no be 9ija we dey...abeg make una pack well and talk better tin joor
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by sultanemerald(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2013
Please, NTAi was announcing about how people can be lifted. I am asking are the air travel arrangements for the burial being sponsored by the individuals in the different categories or by the ministries and groups involved.?

1 Like

Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Fadelex(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
emmysenior:

Haba!

Na wao
habatically.. blame it on ASUU
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by adaksbullet: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
sad grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by chimchim1(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
rozayx5: no matter how much they spend, compared to Tinubu's birthday it will be peanuts tongue

so no need for pot to call kettle black tongue
Dtz. Celebration of good life no amount of money is too big for it.
Re: Govt Ministries, Others To Fund Patience Jonathan’s Mother Funeral by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2013
So... What has madam got to do with people donating government and ministerial monies for her mum's burial? Who is to blame? Her or the other corrupt ministers who are donating? Imagine if a minister, comes to my house, knocks on my door, and hands me over a ghana-must-go bag containing 1 billion. And tells me to use the money to start a bizness. What do you expect me to do? If i refuse the money, ya'll will say am fooolish. If i recieve it. Ya'll will say am corrupt! It was a donation......... Blame the donators, not the donatee.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ANAMBARIANS (not all though), Pls Stop Disgracing Ndigbo!! / We Won’t Postpone Presidential Poll For Any Reason – INEC / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.