Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? (3600 Views)

Are we Better-off With Faith to Evidence for Believing That A God Exists / Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2013
You're a foo.l for believing in christ? You're brainwashed? You're an ediot? You are mentally retarded? You are unreasonable?

I am then. A f.ool for believing God created me. I am unreasonable, that's why I realize that when you take away God all powerful, you take away justice and hope. I'm unreasonable for believing the words of a very much alive Saviour, who is coming to judge the living and the dead. These are funny days indeed. The last days. When people are considered intelligent when they foolishly reduce themselves from the image of God to the image of an ape-like ancestor. Oh well.

Well, Jesus was called demon possessed for some of the things he claimed and spoke. I mean, how would you believe a man who claimed to be the saviour of the world? The "common" man who trekked around old israel? A man who said "he that believes in me will never die"
A man who said "I lay down my life willingly, and willingly I take it up again"
This man said some very "heavy" statements that still grabs mens attention, no matter their rank.
Yeah. Years ago, I dared trust in this saviour when I saw I was a sinner in need of him. I dared believe his "outrageous words"
And reality caught up with me. I am unfazed in all things, for I have trusted God, and experienced salvation from sin(may my life continually bear witness) and I know this God, His power I witness everyday.
For when I got ahold of God(or rather, when God got ahold of me) through Christ Jesus, I became engulfed in absolute truth and power. Yes. It is when I stood on the rock that I bore witness to absolute truth, and I began to recognize the subjective falsehood of man's thinking. When I began to gaze through Gods word, every new stance, every false claim was already analyzed and taken care of with respect to its truth. And once men walk with God in blamelessness, they renew their mind and grow in knowledge, increasing in the graspings of reality.
But the irony is the all too simple truth one has to realize and believe to be saved, to begin to know what is real. One would think that you would encounter something complex, something mind blowing and exotic, something that appeals to mans intelligence. But no you see. The handwriting of Gods power and knowledge and salvation is exceedingly simple:
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life

It isn't what many expected. To the seemingly wise, it sounds foolish. Something of sophistry and great authority of power is expected, but they are proud you see, they are too blind to see Gods artistry and superior masterpiece of salvation around them.
It is how God intended, for God resists the proud. If you're a proud windbag, know today that you are being resisted by God himself.

Humble yourself mankind and repent of your sins and embrace salvation. And be able to know the untold joys of walking with God till eternity.

5 Likes

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by wiegraf: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
I'm beginning to think you have some deep seated issues op

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
If only you guys read the post before commenting. Smh
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
—-
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Ishilove: 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Preach on, preacher!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by PastorOluT(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nice one @ op, little wonder the bible says the message of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. It further says the Jews seeks sign n the Greek seeks wisdom, to the Jews a stumbling block while to the Greek foolishness, but to us who are being saved, Christ the power of God!

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Nice one @ op, little wonder the bible says the message of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. It further says the Jews seeks sign n the Greek seeks wisdom, to the Jews a stumbling block while to the Greek foolishness, but to us who are being saved, Christ the power of God!

Is your God a racist? What is his problem with Jews and Greeks?

I guess you're not intelligent to see the problem with this quote that you have been throwing around

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by macof(m): 12:23am On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: You're a foo.l for believing in christ? You're brainwashed? You're an ediot? You are mentally retarded? You are unreasonable?

I am then. A f.ool for believing God created me. I am unreasonable, that's why I realize that when you take away God all powerful, you take away justice and hope. I'm unreasonable for believing the words of a very much alive Saviour, who is coming to judge the living and the dead. These are funny days indeed. The last days. When people are considered intelligent when they foolishly reduce themselves from the image of God to the image of an ape-like ancestor Oh well.

Well, Jesus was called demon possessed for some of the things he claimed and spoke. I mean, how would you believe a man who claimed to be the saviour of the world? The "common" man who trekked around old israel? A man who said "he that believes in me will never die"
A man who said "I lay down my life willingly, and willingly I take it up again"
This man said some very "heavy" statements that still grabs mens attention, no matter their rank.
Yeah. Years ago, I dared trust in this saviour when I saw I was a sinner in need of him. I dared believe his "outrageous words"
And reality caught up with me. I am unfazed in all things, for I have trusted God, and experienced salvation from sin(may my life continually bear witness) and I know this God, His power I witness everyday.
For when I got ahold of God(or rather, when God got ahold of me) through Christ Jesus, I became engulfed in absolute truth and power. Yes. It is when I stood on the rock that I bore witness to absolute truth, and I began to recognize the subjective falsehood of man's thinking. When I began to gaze through Gods word, every new stance, every false claim was already analyzed and taken care of with respect to its truth. And once men walk with God in blamelessness, they renew their mind and grow in knowledge, increasing in the graspings of reality.
But the irony is the all too simple truth one has to realize and believe to be saved, to begin to know what is real. One would think that you would encounter something complex, something mind blowing and exotic, something that appeals to mans intelligence. But no you see. The handwriting of Gods power and knowledge and salvation is exceedingly simple:

It isn't what many expected. To the seemingly wise, it sounds foolish. Something of sophistry and great authority of power is expected, but they are proud you see, they are too blind to see Gods artistry and superior masterpiece of salvation around them.
It is how God intended, for God resists the proud. If you're a proud windbag, know today that you are being resisted by God himself.

Humble yourself mankind and repent of your sins and embrace salvation. And be able to know the untold joys of walking with God till eternity.

You call ur ancestors ape-like
True because humans are ape-like but you can never refer to the ancestors of the Jews like that.

Yet you haven't realized that you have been slaved.
Yet you claim to have knowledge

Heaven is not for you, hell is warming front roll sits for u.
no heaven for a child that disrespects his father
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:37am On Oct 30, 2013
macof:

You call ur ancestors ape-like
True because humans are ape-like but you can never refer to the ancestors of the Jews like that.

Yet you haven't realized that you have been slaved.
Yet you claim to have knowledge

Heaven is not for you, hell is warming front roll sits for u.
no heaven for a child that disrespects his father

What are you saying?
Smh
Logicboy would probably disgrace you in public if he was in my place.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by texanomaly(f): 1:45am On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst:
What are you saying?
Smh
Hello Josh. How was your day?
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by macof(m): 2:44am On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst:
What are you saying?
Smh

Hell is waiting for u
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by PastorOluT(m): 6:37am On Oct 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

I guess you're not intelligent to see the problem with this quote that you have been throwing around

And I guess u are too intelligent to see where u are headed!

Smile, if only u understood what I posted up there, the bible rightly pointed out that spiritual things can only be spiritually discerned?
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Hello Josh. How was your day?
sorry ma'am. Sleep knocked me out. grin
I had a not-so-nice day yesterday.(I don't want to talk about it)
I will have a nice day today. By Gods grace.
Have a nice day ma'am
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by texanomaly(f): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry ma'am. Sleep knocked me out. grin
I had a not-so-nice day yesterday.(I don't want to talk about it)
I will have a nice day today. By Gods grace.
Have a nice day ma'am
Thanks.

Sorry your day was not to good yesterday. I do hope and pray today will be better. smiley

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 31, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

And I guess u are too intelligent to see where u are headed!

Smile, if only u understood what I posted up there, the bible rightly pointed out that spiritual things can only be spiritually discerned?

1) "Spiritual things" is a lie concocted by middle eastern desert men to confuse people like you. There is only discernment- nothing like spiritual discernment.

2) Would you be looking down from heaven at people burning in hell? Some sadistic paradise, I presume?
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst:
You're a foo.l for believing in christ? You're brainwashed? You're an ediot? You are mentally retarded? You are unreasonable?
A bit. Come on, it's unreasonable to believe that a man who died 2000 years ago lives in you. It's a quite scary statement if you think about it undecided.

Joshthefirst:
I am then. A f.ool for believing God created me. I am unreasonable, that's why I realize that when you take away God all powerful, you take away justice and hope.
What does God know about justice and hope? What does God know about right and wrong? Of what use is hope and God's justice in this world?
Should all mankind wait for the last day to jail a rapist? Should we shut down courts and ask God to preside in all human affairs?
Man needs no God to have a sense of justice or hope.

Joshthefirst:
I'm unreasonable for believing the words of a very much alive Saviour, who is coming to judge the living and the dead. These are funny days indeed. The last days. When people are considered intelligent when they foolishly reduce themselves from the image of God to the image of an ape-like ancestor. Oh well.
Oh well, does God have a d1ck or a punny? Maybe both?

Joshthefirst:
Signs of a mad man. I've met a few on the streets of Port-Harcourt. I wouldn't believe any stories they happen to share with me.But you, you believe one named Jesus is still alive, like a zombie or the undead, walking around, living in people? And you think you aren't being unreasonable.

Joshthefirst:
A man who said "I lay down my life willingly, and willingly I take it up again".
And he remains dead, except in the heart of those who believe in the resurrection.

Joshthefirst:

Joshthefirst:
undecided

Joshthefirst:
God's artistry in sacrificing himself to himself so that he can forgive us sins we've not committed, a blank cheque, one that works if only we drop our sense of reasoning and believe in stories of pregnant virgins and fish and bread banquets.

Joshthefirst:
Humble yourself, acknowledge your ignorance, embrace REASON not god wink. And know the untold joys of walking in freedom.

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by texanomaly(f): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2013
aManFromMars:

Humble yourself, acknowledge your ignorance, embrace REASON not god wink. And know the untold joys of walking in freedom.
SMH
I just can't help myself sKeeter. Sigh. smh
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2013
aManFromMars:
A bit. Come on, it's unreasonable to believe that a man who died 2000 years ago lives in you. It's a quite scary statement if you think about it undecided.
He doesn't just live in me, he lives physically. Why is it scary? Does the fact that he's alive threaten you? Stand upon your beliefs like a man.

What does God know about justice and hope? What does God know about right and wrong? Of what use is hope and God's justice in this world?
Should all mankind wait for the last day to jail a rapist? Should we shut down courts and ask God to preside in all human affairs?
Man needs no God to have a sense of justice or hope
this is untrue. Man even needs God to have a sense of right and wrong, good and evil, talk less of justice. If you take away eternal punishment, people like hitler are justified and will never pay for their crimes. Define wrong-doing if not from the indepth sense of absolute morality you have, which can only be given by an absolute lawgiver: God.

Signs of a mad man. I've met a few on the streets of Port-Harcourt. I wouldn't believe any stories they happen to share with me.But you, you believe one named Jesus is still alive, like a zombie or the undead, walking around, living in people? And you think you aren't being unreasonable.
he's alive, physically. And its also a spiritual thing you will not understand. This man supported his claims with awesome works of God.

God's artistry in sacrificing himself to himself so that he can forgive us sins we've not committed, a blank cheque, one that works if only we drop our sense of reasoning and believe in stories of pregnant virgins and fish and bread banquets.
you are the unreasonable one now, so you drop your sense of reasoning to realize that you're a sinner? Smh. you even lie shamelessly? Denying your sins. That won't work before God. You stand before him condemned. He will soon come to judge, but he's giving you a chance to repent and turn to him. Remember, the wages of sin is death

embrace sin and unrepentance? No sorry. I will not remain in bondage to sin and dead works. I will not lose my soul. I refuse to enjoy the limited pleasures of sin and lose my soul forever. I will continue to know God, his mercy and love.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
You think that the words of Jesus Christ are unreasonable because your God is the mundane? The self?
Don't believe. Stand like a man, brace yourself for judgement, or humble yourself, repent of your sins and obtain mercy.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 31, 2013
Remind me to always troll you. angry
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2013
aManFromMars: Remind me to always troll you. angry
grin grin grin
Sure thing.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

Like i told you in the other thread.God's intention is always for Mankind. It started with Adam.It's all about separation and election.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by macof(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
So why is this Bible God so racist and discriminative against non-Jews?

Why has he always been so interested in Israel but not the other nations?
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
macof:
So why is this Bible God so racist and discriminative against non-Jews?
Firstly, God is not racially discriminatory,neither are His covenants to Israel and by extension the whole world racially motivated,It all began in Genesis(Books of the beginning).
Why has he always been so interested in Israel but not the other nations?
Good question.If you won't mind, i will take you step by step from biblical point of view, why it is so. If you don't agree with the story of creation,then it's a waste of time.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Nice one @ op, little wonder the bible says the message of the cross is foolishness to them that are perishing. It further says the Jews seeks sign n the Greek seeks wisdom, to the Jews a stumbling block while to the Greek foolishness, but to us who are being saved, Christ the power of God!

I wonder why xtians keep repeating this verse like there's anything sensible in it.

Pastor, if you were to start a religion you know is false, what better way will you use to prevent your followers from using their brains if not with verses like this?

Mohammed said the same thing. Jim Jones said the same. This type of verses are mind controlling words used to numb peoples brain.

Like I said and will always say, as ignorant as the authors of the bible were, they were good psychologists.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
rationalmind:

I wonder why xtians keep repeating this verse like there's anything sensible in it.

Pastor, if you were to start a religion you know is false, what better way will you use to prevent your followers from using their brains if not with verses like this?

Mohammed said the same thing. Jim Jones said the same. This type of verses are mind controlling words used to numb peoples brain.

Like I said and will always say, as ignorant as the authors of the bible were, they were good psychologists.
And your interpretation ISN'T confirmation bias? Subjective Logic.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bidam: And your interpretation ISN'T confirmation bias? Subjective Logic.

Not at all. You find it everywhere. All religious book say the same thing in different ways. All cult leaders say the same. I don't know much about psychology but I'm sure its one of the basics when it comes to brainwashing people.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by macof(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bidam: Firstly, God is not racially discriminatory,neither are His covenants to Israel and by extension the whole world racially motivated,It all began in Genesis(Books of the beginning).
Good question.If you won't mind, i will take you step by step from biblical point of view, why it is so. If you don't agree with the story of creation,then it's a waste of time.

oh I believe in the creation story, every creation story should be taken seriously cause there's always more to it
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
macof:

oh I believe in the creation story, every creation story should be taken seriously cause there's always more to it
Ok,Nature itself walks on Laws of CAUSE AND EFFECT.These laws are unchangeable. They are called universal laws. They are the attributes that makes God, GOD.

Let's use natural phenomenon,to explain spiritual truths.This Law states that for every outcome or effect in one's life, there is a specific cause; poor diet and exercise habits result in poor health, constant and uncontrolled spending results in debt and money worries, not putting effort into your key relationships results in poor relationships and all of the associated issues.

Sir ISAAC NEWTON put it nicely when he said: "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Now Adam broke a LAW..The consequences of his actions was not because the ground was cursed. It was cause and effect at work.

Mercy was at work when God drove them out of Eden,not because God hate them,but because God so loves them and never wanted them to remain in the condemned state they found themselves in.

Don't ask me why God decided to plant a tree containing evil in a garden within man's reach.( A story for another day).

Adam fell but he did not fail God. God was still with him and he gave birth to two sons.

Bible account later tells us one became a murderer and left God's presence, he went to do his own thing building mega cities and naming it after his sons.This is where separation started.

Seth was born(an exact copy of Adam) and God began to do an election here. To be continued.

1 Like

Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
rationalmind:

Not at all. You find it everywhere. All religious book say the same thing in different ways. All cult leaders say the same. I don't know much about psychology but I'm sure its one of the basics when it comes to brainwashing people.
so what's your point? Speech and thought and stance go with lifestyle and reality. So what's your lifestyle? How has your stance changed you? What has it given you? Pride? Freedom to sin without repercussion? Are your ways culminating in selfishness? Have you become your God? Are you tending to lawlessness? Its all about lifestyle. Who knows if you're the one brainwashed? Your life will bear witness. We are online afterall. You know yourself in real life. Your conscience will always tell you when you break the laws of this God you always try to debunk.
Re: You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst:

Humble yourself mankind
very tough instruction for a stiff necked and rebellious people. you stand a better chance of winning the lottery lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? / The Human Spirit (illustrated) / Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.