Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 (89687 Views)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by iamdsam: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2013
We'll definitely win this one. Brazil here we come! I wish our dear Super Eagles good good luck!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:42am On Nov 15, 2013
Nigeria vs Ethiopia: Mikel keeps mute
Chelsea midfielder and Super Eagles talisman, John Mikel Obi, has declared that he has refused to make too many comments ahead of the game against Ethiopia on Saturday because of the importance of the match and the need for maximum concentration by all and sundry.

Mikel who spoke on Thursday also declared that he will be open to talk and comments at the end of the 90minutes encounter at the UJ Esuene Stadium in Calabar, CrossRiverState. “We have a very important game on our hands and it won’t be nice to talk too much, but after the game we can talk and have fun but for now it’s total concentration for business and the coaching crew and my teammates agree with my position.

Mikel1

Head Coach Stephen Keshi also towed the path of Mikel as he inisted that there was need for total concentration of the team ahead of the encounter against the Ethiopians even as he weighed his options in Thursday’s closed door training between the probables and the possibles.

At the end of the training session it was difficult to say whether Vincent Enyeama or Austin Ejide will start in goal, there was also confusion over who will be the preferred central defenders between Azubuike Egwuekwe, Godfrey Oboabona, Kenneth Omeruo and James Okwuosa.

Bright Dike was running the whole length of the pitch with power and precision but he too is not assured of a starters’ shirt not with Nnamdi Oduamadi, Victor Moses, Brown Ideye, Ahmed Musa, Sunday Mba and Emmanuel Emenike all in fine form at the session.

As it stands, only Keshi and his technical crew have a sneak idea of the team that will start on Saturday because it seems every player, including Newcastle star Shola Ameobi, has a stake in the team that will either start play on the day. A case of a deluge of stars for the Super Eagles.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/nigeria-vs-ethiopia-mikel-keeps-mute/#sthash.yqntDbB4.dpuf

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by chessguru1(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Abeg wat time is the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2013
I think it would be better for Enyeama to man the post on Sunday due to his fine form lately. He has gone several games without conceding a goal. Again, I think Keshi should parade the same players that executed the victory in Addis Ababa, the presence of these guys will send jitters down the spine of Ethiopians. I can't wait to celebrate our victory.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru: Abeg wat time is the match?
4pm tomorrow
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:48am On Nov 15, 2013
If you believe Nigeria will beat Ethiopia, join me to say "AMEN". Let me say my AAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by nerodenero: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2013
nerodenero: Ethiopia coach Sewnet Bishaw has vowed his men will give whatever it takes to overturn a first-leg defeat when they take on Nigeria in their World Cup play-off on Saturday.Ethiopia hope to continue their surprising World Cup journey when they face Nigeria in the return leg, despite a 2-1 loss at home in mid-October.Bishaw said: “This is the biggest match of my life. I want to win it. I’ll fight to the maximum.“There’s no problem in my squad. All of my players are fit and the mood in the camp is very high. Everybody is waiting for the kick-off whistle.”, the coach told BBC. Nigeria won the first leg in Addis Ababa courtesy of a brace from Emanuel Emenike and the Super Eagles are clear favourites to book a place at next year’s tournament in Brazil, which would be their fifth appearance at a finals.However, Bishaw is confident his side can come back. “I’m 100% confident of overturning the result. I’ll only play for a win. Football involves a defeat and a win. We’re defeated in the first leg doesn’t mean we’ll be defeated in the second leg,” he said. “I’ve not finished the match. I’ve 90 minutes left to play. I’ll fight for a 2-0 win or for a 2-1 to take it in to extra-time. So, I want to remind them that it’s not over yet.” Bishaw revealed he will leave it until the last moment possible to select his side in the quest to take the east Africans to their first finals. The big boost for Bishaw is the return of his joint top scorer, Getaneh Kebede. The striker missed the first leg of the play-offs because of an ankle injury. “The return of Getaneh is really great news. I’ve seen him in training. He’s fit and will definitely have a role in the battle” Bishaw said.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/rude-shock-awaits-nigerians-tomorrow/#sthash.k08sdUV4.dpuf
Bishaw is at it again!!! The last time he ran his mouth like diarrhoea, he got the greatest shocker of his life. His boys rammed into Eagles and they were edged out owing to lack of experience. The same set of boys are here again in Calabar and another shocker awaits the aging Bishaw. Go Eagles!!! Do what you know how to do best!!! Over 160million Nigerians are ready to fly with you on Saturday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by uffforum: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Up Up Up Up Up Nigeria, I want the Super Eagles to go into that game with a winning mentality and make we Nigerians proud of our selves.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by uffforum: 9:06am On Nov 15, 2013
I trust my country Nigeria they will never let us down.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2013
The Super eagles are joint record top scorers in the African zone of World cup qualifying. They and Tunisia have each scored 151 goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by naptu2: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2013
The Golden Eaglets will attend the match and present the World Cup trophy to Governor Imoke and the Calabar fans.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by bizibrain(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2013
nerodenero: Nigeria vs Ethiopia: Mikel keeps mute
Chelsea midfielder and Super Eagles talisman, John Mikel Obi, has declared that he has refused to make too many comments ahead of the game against Ethiopia on Saturday because of the importance of the match and the need for maximum concentration by all and sundry.

Mikel who spoke on Thursday also declared that he will be open to talk and comments at the end of the 90minutes encounter at the UJ Esuene Stadium in Calabar, CrossRiverState. “We have a very important game on our hands and it won’t be nice to talk too much, but after the game we can talk and have fun but for now it’s total concentration for business and the coaching crew and my teammates agree with my position.

Mikel1

Head Coach Stephen Keshi also towed the path of Mikel as he inisted that there was need for total concentration of the team ahead of the encounter against the Ethiopians even as he weighed his options in Thursday’s closed door training between the probables and the possibles.

At the end of the training session it was difficult to say whether Vincent Enyeama or Austin Ejide will start in goal, there was also confusion over who will be the preferred central defenders between Azubuike Egwuekwe, Godfrey Oboabona, Kenneth Omeruo and James Okwuosa.

Bright Dike was running the whole length of the pitch with power and precision but he too is not assured of a starters’ shirt not with Nnamdi Oduamadi, Victor Moses, Brown Ideye, Ahmed Musa, Sunday Mba and Emmanuel Emenike all in fine form at the session.

As it stands, only Keshi and his technical crew have a sneak idea of the team that will start on Saturday because it seems every player, including Newcastle star Shola Ameobi, has a stake in the team that will either start play on the day. A case of a deluge of stars for the Super Eagles.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/nigeria-vs-ethiopia-mikel-keeps-mute/#sthash.yqntDbB4.dpuf
Azuibuke knows quite well dat omerueo will easily bench him, hence he will fire on wit is training
Dike bright knows well he cant bench our mid-fielder and SS, he would av studied ethiopia and realize Nigeria nid a hot racer in d mid-center(like igbiebor) 2 increase d tempo of dere game, he may tink keshi would use dat fact and start him.

I would advice keshi 2 start enyeama, he had 11 clean sheet in 13 matches. He even stop falco from scoring.

I would advice hime 2 use 4-3-2-1

Ahmed and moses 2 b in d attacking wing.

------------Enyeama-----------

efe-omeruo-oboabona-echijele-

----onazi---mikel----oduamadi--

-----musa----------moses/Ideye----

--------------Emenike----------

I would av love IDEYE 2 b @ d back of emenike, assist is d only tin his brain no hw 2 do well.

Echejile is very good in overlapping dan ambrose, but ambrose is better because efe ambrose can coverup 4 himself if he overlap 2 ahmed musa wing, but oboabona usually cover 4 echijile wen he overlap 2 Attacking-mid left.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Oludrex(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
CFCfan: If Nigeria avoids defeat (duh), they would extend their unbeaten run in home competitive games to 63 consecutive matches.
The last time the Super eagles lost a competitive match at home was in 1981: a loss to Algeria in Lagos in a WCQ.

Them no born dem well to lose at home before na
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by willyray(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
2-0 nigeria grin

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Ukaye(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
Obascoetubi: y play again, after naija beats dem last time?

undecided SMH! It's not 'Rocket Science'... It's called a 2nd leg playoff!
ℓ̊ seriously wonder Wε̲̣̣̣̥Ω̴̩̩̩̥ some pple started watchin soccer!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
LUDE:
You never know, I've seen some waiters, limo drivers, bar tenders dating celebs. I think she is fine ooh we. Thanks bro! I'm just having fun.
Ummmmm! Interesting!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
CARLISTO77:

In this your useless life, you're too of a midget to trade words with me.
Oblivion reings, as per hidng behind internet, disrespecting others, all in
the name of argumentation. You're among the chief reasons why Nigeria is staggering.
You should have allowed those nitwits stand their acme of reasoning, than your parsimonious arbitration.
Na wah ooo!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by ese4jah(m): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ethiopia will be defeated.....100% guarantee
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by chinali: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
For a personalized travel assistance from start to finish and cheapest travel dealer for ever. go to www.tourbrokersonline.com

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by abacusCm(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nigeria 2 Ethiopia 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by drakespearx: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
we go tidy dem
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Adekar(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
match details. Nigeria 5 Ethiopia 1. It ends 7 . 2 on agg. Ethiopia. Red card 1, yellow card 5 coach suspended to the stand. 2 pen. Nig yellow card 2 that is all
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
I hate noise makers esp our neighbour<Ghanians>...they'r lucky...bt wish d Pharaohs really can do xomtin..

God...thank you d ghanians are'nt white-skinned lyk d libyans,egyptians...we 4 nr hear word

go Eagles...letz fly above d world..d stars nor rish us sef

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by 9jafreak: 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
All the best to the Eagles.
Soar
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Andex12(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gifted4all: Like dis post if u believe the super eagles are flying to brazil using ethiopia airline
Lol I don't like this. The Waliyas are flying to Brazil using the super eagles lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
Kizmarty: I hate noise makers esp our neighbour<Ghanians>...they'r lucky...bt wish d Pharaohs really can do xomtin..

God...thank you d ghanians are'nt white-skinned lyk d libyans,egyptians...we 4 nr hear word

go Eagles...letz fly above d world..d stars nor rish us sef

wetin carry Ghana enter gist now? Some of una just dey find trouble. Abeg free Ghana small

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by tunex23: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gwekzy: . U seriously asked dis? U mean U dnt watch football?
na everytin you go take serios....na wa 4 u ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by tunex23: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
3-0 up nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by Andex12(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
gcfr.com:
With the Walya Ibex of Ethiopia arriving today for
Saturday's final world cup qualifying match against the Super Eagles, officer of the Ethiopia football federation media department, Enyew Girmachaw has confirmed that over 1,000 Ethiopian fans will be in the country for the game. Girmachaw revealed that 500 fans will storm Nigeria from Ethiopia, while another set of over 500 will arrive from South Africa and some neighbouring countries.
Meanwhile, with the Ethiopians still expecting to go
through, former Nigeria international, Tijani Babangida has described the East Africans as dreamers, whose dreams will not become reality on saturday.
In the same vein, General Secretary of the Nigeria
football federation, Barr. Musa Amadu says the Super Eagles players know the stakes and are fired up for Saturday's battle.
Brilla Fm

If dem like, let them bring the entire country, its stil 6-0.
If 1000 pple come calabar, who will now govern d country? That's like the entire Ethiopian population.

That is a great news for Ethiopia!

By the way, Ethiopia is not a small country. It is the second most populous country in Africa with 92 million people. You don't know Africa but support a team trying to represent Africa, kidding. grin grin grin Surprisingly, this play off is unique as it is going to be held between the top two most populous countries of Africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by chimzyblack(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
AN ARTICLE BY SEGUN ODEGBAMI

This weekend the world will get to know and salute the final five
countries that will represent Africa at the World Cup finals in 2014.
Already the city of Calabar is set to host the biggest party in Nigeria
since 1994, when the country qualified for the World Cup finals for the
first time. The city will welcome thousands of Nigerians from different
parts of the country to witness how the Eagles will ‘eat’ the Antelopes
of Ethiopia for dinner on the night of November16.
No, I am not jumping the gun. The final match is still to be played on
Saturday. The very thought that Ethiopia will come to Calabar, having
lost the first-leg match in Addis Ababa, and win, is preposterous.
The claim by many people that ‘anything is possible in African
football’ does not hold water in this case. Only a miracle or a
catastrophe can alter what is already a sealed and delivered ‘verdict’.
I can’t wait to say my last word on the African qualifiers and move on
to the major confrontation in 2014, when Nigeria will lead a very
authentic African challenge, to get to the semifinals at least.
All the armchair games will come to an end this Saturday. I have not
made many friends, particularly in East Africa, for what they consider
the ‘arrogant’ manner in which I have been praising the Super Eagles
and disregarding the threat posed by the Antelopes.
My consolation is that deep down everyone knows just how strong the
Nigerian team is, how difficult it is to play against them and how
impossible it has been for any team to escape defeat in Calabar.
Let me state that the Nigerian match will not be a stroll in the park.
The Ethiopians will come and find the lush turf of Esuene Stadium a
perfect platform to exhibit their own version of Tiki Taka, a fanciful
passing and moving game that will make them look good, dominating
the midfield with their ball possession and looking dangerous. That
will be it. Nothing more will happen.
Vincent Enyeama, in goal for the Eagles, will continue to keep his
clean slate at home. The Nigerian defence will be watertight. The
midfield will be busy keeping the Ethiopians at bay and at the same
time creating cracks in the Ethiopian defence with long passes to the
wings and to Emenike in the heart of the Nigerian attack.
Be sure of one thing – all night long the Nigerian forwards will
torment the Ethiopian backs, probing all the time to know when and
how to strike. These are the ‘weapons of destruction’ – three forwards
with incredible power, speed and finishing power – that will determine
the eventual score line.
In my humble estimation the score line will depend on how early in
the game the Nigerians score their first goal. If it comes early,
E.T.H.I.O.P.I.A will be spelled in goals. If it comes late, the agony for
all those wishing for Nigeria to lose will only be extended. Either way,
Ethiopia will bid their fairytale run in the championship goodbye.
In saying all this, however, I must acknowledge the massive
improvement in Ethiopian football that has ignited attention. In the
past few years, almost from nowhere, Ethiopian football has gained
tremendous respect, establishing the national team as an emerging
force in African football and playing a brand of football imported
directly from the Nou Camp academy.
However, this Saturday there is no way for the Antelopes. They stand
no chance against the Super Eagles that are brimming with
superlative confidence. The Eagles remind Nigerians of 1994 and the
boastful but highly effective Clemens Westerhof. Steven Keshi is a
disciple of Westerhof’s school of football philosophy. Keshi’s
confidence has infected the entire country and no one is in doubt that
Nigeria’s national flag will fly in t

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 by jimmyroger: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
Help a friend promote dis naija jersey he designed,addidas should sign him up. .www.nairaland.com/1515935/nairalander-designed-jersey-super-eagles. Pls check leave ur comments and pass it unto ur whatspp en bbm friends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / 5 Most Handsome Young Footballers / Kanu Nwankwo Joins FIFA Legends In Russia, See His Wife's Reaction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.