Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (13129 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2013
For further undertanding, read The tree of life
https://www.nairaland.com/1497541/tree-life#19176965
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by iskalamong(m): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2013
modified
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by jambogini: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2013
I will still ask a question on spirit soul and body. but before then, kindly send me the ebook to my email
shibarakudesu@gmail.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2013
iskalamong: Send me the e-book.
Nice writeup. Really edifying.
Buddybabaiskalamong@gmail.com

I will, but all should note that the book title is salvation from which this was culled from. The book that deal with man n his end, is titled The eight dispensation of man, I am still on it n would also send it to as many emails I get.

God blesses u all, stay blessed n remain rapturable
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PastorOluT(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2013
jambogini: I will still ask a question on spirit soul and body. but before then, kindly send me the ebook to my email
shibarakudesu@gmail.com

Kk no problem, but I also have a thread here man- a three dimensional being, u can look it it up for I guess it will answer ur question.
https://www.nairaland.com/1298909/man-three-dimesional-being#15847004
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by megasoul: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2013
pls send me the eBook...
chuxmordi@gmail.com
tnx...

https://www.nairaland.com/1416930/customized-jerseys-t-shirts-designed
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2013
njokusboy: Man was never completely unconscious, wud I say he was kind of physically blind.. But he was able to think along the devils line meaning he was reasonable.. What I find confusing is the fact that God put that tree in the garden for a being that was reasonable.. As that would mean he gave man the option of sinning against him.. Since man was not a complete empty vessel to be told don't do this and not ask? Why not... So why then did God give man an option and was angry when man took the option.. Did he make a mistake?? He did say he regretted ever making man.. Gen 6:6-7..This confuses me..

Because man must choose between Him and devil. Because the devil told God he can turn the man he created against him. Because it is a contest from the beginning. Because there is a legal battle going on between God and the Devil. It continues to this day.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Ologorione1: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2013
@Pastor Olu T, i am interested in your book for more spiritual knowlegde & understanding. My e-mail ad is cloudiusoritogun@gmail.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by philfearon(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Great....
Follow my signature for more!!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2013
emmysenior:

Technically, the first lie ever? I just can't say...
undecided

Wetin that tree dey even do for there in the 1st place?

Why that tree no remain for a realm where only angels and Jah can only get to?

Does it mean God was testing the humans as well by putting that tree within their reach?

Was it some kind of betting between God and the devil that humans won't eat of the tree no matter what the devil does or what?

As the only Alpha and Omega and the only Omni potent, he knew humans will eat of the tree, yet he allowed it. Why?

Why didn't he cause confusion to stop the creation of Nigeria as he did in the time the tower of Babel?

Abeg, me I have tired joor.

One thing is right about all you said, God put the tree to give man a choice to choose between Go(o)d and (d)Evil. Man must choose his fate. He also had a plan B that the devil knew not of at that time. JESUS Christ, His Son. An opportunity to 're-choose' after the first mistake. God is good.

4 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by fadem10(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
francisadem@gmail.com
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onliie:

One thing is right about all you said, God put the tree to give man a choice to choose between Go(o)d and (d)Evil. Man must choose his fate. He also had a plan B that the devil knew not of at that time. JESUS Christ, His Son. An opportunity to 're-choose' after the first mistake. God is good.
i guess u were in a hurry when u posted this. At d bolded, doesn't that statement question his omnipotence?
a plan B, lmfao, meaning he knew man will fall, right? Which begs d question, why did he make the tree accessible to them at first? Was God and Devil involved in sort of a game, with man being d ultimate prize?
I dont think God is good..

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Youngzedd(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
i guess u were in a hurry when u posted this. At d bolded, doesn't that statement question his omnipotence?
a plan B, lmfao, meaning he knew man will fall, right? Which begs d question, why did he make the tree accessible to them at first? Was God and Devil involved in sort of a game, with man being d ultimate prize?

God is good no matter what.

But, this your question make a bit sense.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by sarutobie(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
Your opinion of who He is doesn't change who He is..
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by boay(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ OP thanks
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onliie:
Because man must choose between Him and devil. Because the devil told God he can turn the man he created against him. Because it is a contest from the beginning. Because there is a legal battle going on between God and the Devil. It continues to this day.
..and d devil was successful in that quest, no wonder God needed a plan b. Thought he is perfect.what a sore loser!!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by philfearon(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
Ever heard the Word "ETERNAL GLANCE" before?
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
sarutobie:
Your opinion of who He is doesn't change who He is..
yeah sure, He that made a mess and will go any lenght to clean it up and worsening it..
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
..and d devil was successful in that quest, no wonder God needed a plan b. Thought he is perfect.what a sore loser!!
God had a plan B because He loves you. Because he doesn't want you to perish with the devil in the end. He sacrifice His Son for a sin man committed.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon:
Ever heard the Word "ETERNAL GLANCE" before?
tell me something, aside a poem..
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by xtremrules(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
benkings: the summary: d Lord told adam n eve to eat of every fruit in d qarden except dat which is in d middle of d qarden,d middle of d qarden here means d part dat is found in d middle of a womans body and u knw what dat means(pucccci) so d devil came to tempt eve 1st n told her to test d middle of her qarden and after she self service she realise d pleasure she had was maximum pleasure and so she called on adam to test of it also,so they had seks toqether n afta d act dey realise dey were naked
last bullet: d forbidden fruit to my own understand is seks
hope my post wont be hidden 8-)
come oh. Who told u it was Sex. They where instructed to procreat " ...and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth...." Gen 1:26-28. How can man reproduce except through sex. Well if there is, am interested to know.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by philfearon(m): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
tell me something, aside a poem..
Your Heart is made of Stone by the look of your comment above,no need going further again!

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by toby2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobinco55@yahoo.com pls
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
Have you read the book of Job? The devil claim man's allegiance in presence of the council in heaven. God had to prove him wrong.There are other beings watching the scenario. He had to test man. Even if He knew that man was going to fail, he still had to test him. He does not want to cheat by using His superior abilities against the devil. He had to test the devil's theory. He wanted a fair battle. That was what happened with Adam. Adam failed the test. But as long as there is at least one man (Noah, Job) that follows God, the devil cannot claim total victory. Even when Adam fell, there was still good in him, manifested through few of his seeds.

3 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dap07:
Man was the loser. God is not a loser, man had a mind of his own. Don't forget that. He could reason. If a beautiful girl decide to go for a jerk that beats him instead of a real, good man, who lost? Is it the real, good man or the girl.

3 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by godsI(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pastor Ola, why did God put that tree(Knowledge of Good and Evil) in the first place? First, He cannot deceive. Secondly, his work is always perfect. Thirdly, none can manipulate him(and of course, he is all-knowing). And finally, his will alone takes place(as was stated in the scripture). Now, was putting that tree and letting Adam and Eve succumb to devil's snare His(God's) prior plan or were thing to complicated for him at that point in time? Your answer should be laconic please, for clarity of comprehension.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
philfearon:
Your Heart is made of Stone by the look of your comment above,no need going further again!
if u boil a stone with the right ingredients, it might just melt...who knows??
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by godsI(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onliie: Man was the loser. God is not a loser, man had a mind of his own. Don't forget that. He could reason. If a beautiful girl decide to go for a jerk that beats him instead of a real, good man, who lost? Is it the real, good man or the girl.
Onliie, are you saying that God was not sure of his creation? Because i could recall reading that '...all God's creation was perfect...' or is that(the quoted) false?
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
gods I: Pastor Ola, why did God put that tree(Knowledge of Good and Evil) in the first place? First, He cannot deceive. Secondly, his work is always perfect. Thirdly, none can manipulate him(and of course, he is all-knowing). And finally, his will alone takes place(as was stated in the scripture). Now, was putting that tree and letting Adam and Eve succumb to devil's snare His(God's) prior plan or were thing to complicated for him at that point in time? Your answer should be laconic please, for clarity of comprehension.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 19:  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Onliie(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
gods I: Onliie, are you saying that God was not sure of his creation? Because i could recall reading that '...all God's creation was perfect...' or is that(the quoted) false?

What is your definition of perfect? Last time I checked perfect, it does not mean incorruptible. God created man to have free-will. He was created perfect not incorruptible. If he was created incorruptible then he would have no genuine free-will. He was corrupted after he ate the fruit. Whatever he chooses has consequences. He chose what he wanted. But God wanted every single man to determine his fate, that's why Jesus came. Accept Jesus and be free from Adam's curse. God thought Adam should not be the sole determinant of every man's fate, so He sacrificed His son to give each man a second chance. It is a great opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by bknight: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Interesting Topic

Flawed, uninspiring body.

*why do christians speculate views with so much confidence of their views as facts* undecided
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by auntytee: 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Wrong! God cursed the ground for adams sake.
aManFromMars:

Nice twisting of scripture there. According to Christian myth, your God cursed Adam and the whole world for Eve's mistake. What a useless being...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When And Where Did Pastor Chris Get His PHD From? / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. / Ouija Boards: Experiences and Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.