Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? (24556 Views)

Pls, How Is The Job Market For Recent Geographic Information Systems (gis) Graduates / Expansion Of The Geographic Information Systems (gis) Field In Nigeria. / G.i.s Geographic Information Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Junki04(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
am a geography student, 300lvl... I'll need your help too , juni4love22@yahoo.com is my mail
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by arcgisng: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2015
Hello everyone,
Happy New Year!

An official Esri Foundational Courses Tutorial Thread is kicking off on Nairaland this year in the Education Section.
Please ensure you have registered for and activated at least one (1) ArcGIS Course to be eligible to practice and complete your course in order to earn an Esri Certification.

Click here to see details
https://www.nairaland.com/2078813/arcgis-foundational-courses-official-esri
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Think Future, Think GIS. Since the beginning of this year my firm decided to seriously slash the cost of our GIS and Image Processing classes. If you are in Ibadan or can be in Ibadan for training send a mail to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com. or call 08061185492
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Saryea83: 5:48pm On May 24, 2015
PalmTree:

qgis.spatialthoughts.com/?m=1 . Are you working on a smart map project, or tracking perhaps?
K
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by THANKGODGODWIN(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please do your firm accept IT students?
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by mfess(m): 6:57am On Jul 14, 2015
SCAM ALERT

@all. Please try to be careful in your dealings with ARCGISNG the so called "No.1 Esri® ArcGIS Partner in Nigeria".

According to esri's website, Sambus Geospatial limited which is Esri's distributor in Ghana also serves Gabon, Gambia, Liberia and Nigeria. I called them and enquired about Engr. Opeyemi Obafemi and their Nigerian Country Manager - Mr. James Annan-Aggrey denied having any partnership with him.

http://www.esri.com/apps/company/contact/index.cfm?fa=distributor.lookup&country=Nigeria

For enquiries and confirmation. Contact:
James Annan-Aggrey | Country Manager, Nigeria Sambus l Geospatial | 12, Richard Clapperton Street. Asokoro District – Abuja. Cell: +234 (0)817812 9918 / +233 (0)20 2113 001 | Email: jaggrey@sambusgeospatial.com

or visit: http://www.sambusgeospatial.com/resellers/

arcgisng:

For a rich information on learning ArcGIS and career opportunities, you might want to see this unique GIS thread in Nairaland. www.nairaland.com/1031070/arcgis-certifications-training-career-dollars

Cheers everyone.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by mfess(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2015
SCAM ALERT

@all. Please try to be careful in your dealings with ARCGISNG the so called "No.1 Esri® ArcGIS Partner in Nigeria".

According to esri's website, Sambus Geospatial limited which is Esri's distributor in Ghana also serves Gabon, Gambia, Liberia and Nigeria. I called them and enquired about Engr. Opeyemi Obafemi and their Nigerian Country Manager - Mr. James Annan-Aggrey denied having any partnership with him.

http://www.esri.com/apps/company/contact/index.cfm?fa=distributor.lookup&country=Nigeria

For enquiries and confirmation. Contact:
James Annan-Aggrey | Country Manager, Nigeria Sambus l Geospatial | 12, Richard Clapperton Street. Asokoro District – Abuja. Cell: +234 (0)817812 9918 / +233 (0)20 2113 001 | Email: jaggrey@sambusgeospatial.com

or visit: http://www.sambusgeospatial.com/resellers/

arcgisng:

Please inform all your friends, 'practical' education and certification in Esri's leading 10.2 release is a serious career switch-on!
There is no other software mastery on the planet that can create strength and wealth for an undergraduate/graduate with such power of flexibility in the future.

Follow PalmTree. He knows better. Cheers.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ok. However let's give them a chance to clear the air. In the mean time though, people should be wary of who they deal with.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by PalmTree(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello Guys,

It's been quite a long time I posted here but trust me I gave missed you guys very much. Many people contacted me concerning Geo-spatial training and I told them that due to business requirements, we are shifting our base to Lagos. Anyways, we are back and better now so for those of you in Lagos and it's environs, you can benefit from the generous offerings we have at the moment. The offers include but are not limited to:

1. Offer a discount of 35% on the training fee (N30, 000) for any individual who successfully refers 5 participants for the training

2. Offer a free training slot to any individual who successfully refers 10 participants, also stands a chance to become a part of our project team

Venue: Polaris Digitech Limited
C17, MKO Abiola Gardens, CBD, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Postcode 100212
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by holarbie28: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2016
op pls inbox me holarbie28@gmail.com
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Parrotpal(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
@palmtree, your firm name is no more Greenland? And also from one of your previous post,you mention something about populating a database, this got me confuse, Is it the same thing as editing an attribute table and adding new field to attribute table
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Paulagada: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2016
Am in Abuja and I ve interest in the training. how can I be trained? It has been my long awaiting dream to become a gis expert.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 31, 2016
PalmTree:
Hello, fellow Nairalanders. It is no longer news that GIS is being used to enhance decision making in several industries. Now, for those who have some knowledge of the technology and others who don't, feel free to post your questions and I will do my best to answer your queries.
Hi bro, av bn trying to install ILWIS 3.3 on my system but it is requesting for registration and verification code, av browsed fr it but no where to be found, I will be very grateful if u can help ur brother out, thanks in anticipation
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by oliyeniun: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please can you recommend a good GIS training centre in Lagos with training scheduled for September? Thanks
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Chydobe: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2017
The University of Arizona's MS-GIST (Masters of Science in GIS Technology) Program is pleased to accept applications form suitably qualified candidates for the “Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships”. The Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships 2018 is open to all incoming students who are willing to apply for the graduate MS-GIST program.

Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships is intended for students who are willing to help meet the needs of the State of Arizona's information-based economy workforce and community engagement upon graduation.

Click on link below to apply

http://www.newzified.com/apply-for-2018-meet-arizona-community-needs-scholarships/
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by alivexhd: 10:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Most probably Acresso Software Manager will be helpful in this case.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by trendydeddy1: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2019
Where in Lagos can one get this quality GIS training.
Please I really need this or an internship in this field.
PalmTree:

For beginners, please get quality GIS training. It might cost you a small fortune and time on your path but I can assure you that you will be better for it. NGOs depend mainly on foreign finances and as such decisions must be based on facts that can add up. GIS is a technology based on locational analysis. Let me site an example of the ActionAid, its an NGO that involved in developmental projects. Most of their projects are borne out of information produced from a GIS. Questions like where is the best place to site a maternity centre, or a dispensary or an elementary school can be answered using GIS.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by trendydeddy1: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2019
Hello Sir! As a starter with first degree in physical sciences, how best do I achieve being a gis/remote sensing analyst?
Can I have your whatsapp contact or e-mail to discuss better?
dclone:
Hello house,
am Bayo , a gis/remote sensing analyst.......if uve got any questions or problems regarding gis and remote sensing,, gis and remote sensing software, data and lots more kindly let me know, am only here to help..thanks
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by trendydeddy1: 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello please as a starter hoe do you I get my hands on materials or training to get skilled in the field of GIS?
Please I really need this. Thanks!
alivexhd:
Most probably Acresso Software Manager will be helpful in this case.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by dclone: 7:12am On Mar 29, 2019
trendydeddy1:
Hello Sir! As a starter with first degree in physical sciences, how best do I achieve being a gis/remote sensing analyst?
Can I have your whatsapp contact or e-mail to discuss better?

1 Like

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
For your GIS training and consultancy,contact me on 08106244065.you will have the opportunity to learn about 5 different GIS softwares

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
For GIS training and analysis in Ibadan, contact me on 08106244065

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2019
GIS can help you in several ways. For your training in GIS and for your analysis, contact me on 08132742728

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
For your GIS training and analysis,contact me on 08106244065.a month 20k, 2 months 40k,3 months 60k.for online training, a month 10k, 2 months 20k, 3 months 30k

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
For ur GIS training in different software's such as ArcGIS desktop,online, smart GIS editor,TCX converter, surfer, idrisi Terrset,QGIS,SAS planet nightly etc,contact me on 08106244065

Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
My work.I'm a GIS (Geographic information system analyst). I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
Learn different aspect In GIS.u will have the opportunity to be trained on different GIS softwares such as ARCGIS,QGIS,Surfer,Global mapper,Smart GIS editor and Idrisi Terrset.
Training areas:
Introduction to GIS (course work)
Georeferencing
Digitizing
How to download ur data
How to input ur data into excel
How to link ur data into Arcgis and Qgis environment
Introduction to Google earth
Network analysis (service area,cost matrix and location allocation )
Hotspot analysis (heatmap)
Terrain analysis
Contour creation
Stream extraction
Vector and raster analysis
Image classification
NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index
Get d best in CENTER FOR GEOSPATIAL SCIENCE AND 3D GRAPHICS DESIGN LTD.
There will be certificate at d end of ur training..........
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by Paulagada: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Location and time
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by emak1991: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by akin1991: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.
Re: What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You? by akin1991: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index),NDWI,time mapping,Geocoding,land cover forecast.etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Graduate Of Ahmadu Bello University Has Resorted To Selling Of Woina.... Pics / Which Hand-work Should I Learn? / My Boss May Be Hiding Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.