Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians (1061 Views)

French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders? / Amb. McCulley Moves To Fast Track Issuing US Visas To Nigerians / Beware: Online Dynamic Ltd “immigration Visas To Canada” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 12:44am On Jul 10, 2008
After making plenty money.  grin
THE British High Commission in Abuja and the Deputy High Commission in Lagos have announced the stoppage of the issuance of visas to certain Nigerians wishing to travel to the United Kingdom.
British consular authorities claimed that the decision was informed by “an unavoidable technical failure.” From tomorrow, their visa application centres in Abuja, Ibadan, Ikeja and Victoria Island will only accept applications from certain categories of would-be UK visitors.
According to the High Commission, visa applications bordering on urgent and compassionate cases (e.g medical treatment, returning residents, fast track applicants and settlement for children) will, however, not be affected.
Other categories of travellers whose visa applications will be accepted and processed include: EEA family permits, diplomats and officials, DATV and transit visitors and long-term students.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/10072008/news/news18.html
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by kadman(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2008
wow ! Isn't this bad news Is this permernet,and does anybody have any news on when their system would be back up and accepting applications again ?
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 1:41am On Jul 10, 2008
@Kadman,
i dont know, it may just be for a few weeks.
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by realcool: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2008
that means who don travel b4 no go fit go renew him visa abi
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by vikiviko(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
Na wa o
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by 8ball(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
@incagold

what exactly are saying,that the BHC is now selective on the categories of visa to process.What crap!,I din't even buy that hog wash one bit.In any case,let's see if what happens in coming weeks, prospective students go hear am this time i dey tell una
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by edmondo(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2008
nawa oo,may dem no wat mak we cme uk again!!
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by realcool: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2008
NO who don travel b4 and his family is in UK can renew but i do not know,if people under tourist visa can renew 2.its not a problem i believe in 2 to 3 weeks you guys will here from them, they want to change there form again and the visa procedure,little advise if u say never travel b4, no near UK embassy when they come back O!, them go spoil your passport.they will denail a many visa.the truth is that many Nigeria are getting visa to UK and they do not know why.9ja don get money now for holidays,that is the truth to me LOL.
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by femigirl(f): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2008
Doesn't anyone know how long this going on for then?
further does this apply to even first time business visitors?
what the technical problem they are actually facing?
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 4:58am On Jul 15, 2008
femigirl:

Doesn't anyone know how long this going on for then?
further does this apply to even first time business visitors?
what the technical problem they are actually facing?
Answer: No offence, but we dunno!
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Gamine(f): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2008
Dang.

Summer is burst!
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

Dang.

Summer is burst!
Sorry o! so far sun never shine well for UK this year. If u wanna enjoy ur summer hols, why not try Sokoto, Maiduguri or Zamfara states (all in Nigeria)! There is plenty of sunshine there my dear. grin
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Gamine(f): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2008
LOL.

on the contrary me i dey go China. tongue
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Gamine,
Hope you dont mind if i tag along? I speak some Mandarin and that will help you in China, trust me.
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Gamine(f): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
Great!

lets hookup!

it'd be great for the kids wink
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Gamine,
Sounds great, i really love kids! no worries then
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Gamine(f): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2008
HMM

how do we do this
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2008
Since you're hesitant, just take your time. Holiday with kids is really fun.
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by Gamine(f): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2008
Its fun, only i have to wait till 2011 to have any embarassed
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by IncaGold(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2008
I thot u already had kids! blimey
anyways enjoy ur trip
Re: Britain Stops Issuance Of Certain Types Of Visas To Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2008

(1) (Reply)

How Long To Get Student Uk Visa / Visa On Sale Buy And Travel Today / Visa Application For Slovania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.