Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim (26042 Views)

Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by unmask: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
lol...people actually believe those guys are not pushing 30.....thats the spirit typical Nigerians
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by bigtt76(f): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
The only Under 17 player on that pitch yesterday was the Iranian Goalkeeper, aside this guy the rest (both sides) were overage grin During my secondary school days, my senior (classmate of my elder brother) looked too young for his age and ended up being called to the Under 17 camp many years after he graduated from secondary school. Married now but still looking 20ish. Ona forget that thing Naija Under 17 still primary school.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
ighoosagie: make coach Ali Doustimehr apologize for his comment.

If its sen ted Cruz , u guys would say it's insult to our integrity , just within 10days Nigeria has been labeled for cheating and fraud frm different continent.

This types of comments would be heard continuously inside n outside the country, until we learn to do things right without cheat and fraud.

We all know dat a real 17yrs old in nija can't kick real leather football , more less of shooting the ball from outside d 18yard to get a spectacular goal.

Niger make una dey fear God

Ogbeni shut up joor. Just dey yarn dust, I'm sure u did not even see the boys they talking about angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by imperiouxx(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
100ksales.com:
lipsrsealed All our boiz don old jor.. Call a spade a spade.
I you see 17 yr old boy for road most dey small. grin grin

Cheg-goon:
Sincerely speaking, this nigerian under 17 boiz look younger...!

Silence! Are you guys smart than computer (MRI)? angry The new system proved them less than or equal to 17, if the same instrument proves them 17 again, such people accusing these boys can be sued and charged for defamation..... including both of you! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
unmask: lol...people actually believe those guys are not pushing 30.....thats the spirit typical Nigerians

Some nigerians just stupid, those ones near 30 for your eye, what will u call brazil, swedish and argentinian players, 50?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by ldonjibson(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Iranian coach dey mad ... him no sey na the one of our young squad ever in d competition defeat am .... make him just accept in gud faith... Coz if it has been d other way round am sure there wont hav been any noise.....

RIP IRAN U-17
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by modextus(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
deor03: If only he met the Tella boys
grin grin rotfl!!
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by goingsolo: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
unmask: lol...people actually believe those guys are not pushing 30.....thats the spirit typical Nigerians
shaat up gayian !!!
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
well eaglet all the way, bt all dos boz na baba, i tink the younger ones among them will be 22yrs if am nt mistaking, jst imagine ur junior broda of 17yrs at home, u will understand weller.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by tzetzefly(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2013

If its sen ted Cruz , u guys would say it's insult to our integrity , just within 10days Nigeria has been labeled for cheating and fraud frm different continent.

This types of comments would be heard continuously inside n outside the country, until we learn to do things right without cheat and fraud.

We all know dat a real 17yrs old in nija can't kick real leather football , more less of shooting the ball from outside d 18yard to get a spectacular goal.

If you actually reside in Nigeria and see the level of poverty on the streets and in most homes, then you will know that poverty can even make a 14year old boy kick a Coconut from 30yards out and score. Just to get to Europe with the big guns.....angry

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Ninapha(f): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2013

u are very horrible with ur remarks. Atleast i know few of them closely and can tell u they are withing the age. Jump out!
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by modextus(m): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ninapha: u are very horrible with ur remarks. Atleast i know few of them closely and can tell u they are withing the age. Jump out!
how many of 'em do you know?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by goingsolo: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Rubbish !!! D Iranian coach and some of his co-haters are at it again !! D last time I checked d still on it and vowed not to change. Let them continue while we keep soring high.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by imperiouxx(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Promhize:

Some nigerians just stupid, those ones near 30 for your eye, what will u call brazil, swedish and argentinian players, 50?

You know some people like saying what they don't actually mean. If MRI confirms their eligibility for the tournament, who are those people judging erroneously by the look?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by honeric01(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
Some of our old men commentators here are still using the eyes of when they were 17 in the 80s to look at the new breed of kids in this dispensation. In their time, a 17yrs old is always malnourished, growth impaired and with skinny legs, plus lapalapa all over their heads.
My younger bro i'm 8yrs older than is 6ft 5 with shoesize of 47. He was almost 6ft when he was 17. Old men, stop thinking we're still in your malnourish era, a 13yr old girl in this current Nigeria can be mistaken for 21, same with the boys, infact kids born in the 90s have growth advantage, go figure!

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
They went through at least 3 rounds of MRI scans. They were scanned at the African Championships (CAF), scanned in Abuja (NFF) and scanned in the UAE (FIFA).

[size=14pt]NFF Orders Fresh MRI Tests for Silver-winning Eaglets[/size]

21 Jul 2013

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has ordered players that featured at the last CAN Under-17 tournament in Morocco as well as their counterparts picked from the screening exercise to undergo the mandatory Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan before reporting at the team’s Princeville Hotel Camp which opens on Monday in Calabar.

Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, the Federation’s Director Technical, informed that it is imperative that some of the players that won the silver medal last April be subjected to the MRI scan yet again since confirmation is needed to determine their present status.

The MRI test has become a regular feature at the FIFA Under-17 World
Cup since 2009 to help ascertain whether players are over age or not
and Dr. Ikpeme said the NFF will follow the rule as stipulated by the world soccer ruling body, FIFA, to the letter.

“We are conscious of the fact that only players within the stipulated age brackets would be allowed to compete at the FIFA World Cup,” he said.

“As a result, we are equally extending the MRI test to some of the players that represented the country in Morocco.”

It was learnt that only  players  that  fall  between  Grade 1 and 5 of the MRI  scan  are eligible  for the   world championship. Consequently   the need  for an empirical test  to ascertain the veracity of  those who  were  in Grades 3-5 during the  African Cadet Championship in Morocco.

“We are taking every necessary step to avoid any untoward incident at the World Cup especially when we were informed by our medical team that the MRI scan deals with the rate of bone growth which cannot be determined on face value,” Ikpeme further explained.

All the  shortlisted 30 players  and  numerous others on standby are due  in Abuja to undergo   the MRI scan  at the  Abuja National Hospital before proceeding to Calabar to begin preparations in earnest for the trip to UAE in October.

Meanwhile, Mr. Oswald Atuake, Vice Chairman of Cross River State FA has said all necessary arrangements have been made for the Golden Eaglets to enjoy their stay in Calabar.

“As you know, we don’t do things at half measure in Cross River State especially when our sport-loving Governor, Senator Liyel Imoke (CON), has approved your camping here for the World Cup,” he said.

“We are ready and just waiting for the arrival of the team.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nff-orders-fresh-mri-tests-for-silver-winning-eaglets/153951/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by godwinony(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2013

at 16, i was built as big and strong as a 20 yr old, complete with facial hair..i'm 20 now but if you meet me, you'll think i'm 24..so i believe those boys are really 17,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
tell me this mosquito of brazil is 17 angry angry

biggest cheat in this world cup is brazil.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by vincentont(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
honeric01: Some of our old men commentators here are still using the eyes of when they were 17 in the 80s to look at the new breed of kids in this dispensation. In their time, a 17yrs old is always malnourished, growth impaired and with skinny legs, plus lapalapa all over their heads.
My younger bro i'm 8yrs older than is 6ft 5 with shoesize of 47. He was almost 6ft when he was 17. Old men, stop thinking we're still in your malnourish era, a 13yr old girl in this current Nigeria can be mistaken for 21, same with the boys, infact kids born in the 90s have growth advantage, go figure!

u ve said it all.QED

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by dabossman(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2013

What on earth is this one saying? Did you play football in Secondary School at all? I'm guessing you didn't have a school field talk less of play football. I knew boys who played football for my school team at age 15-17 who had biceps that would amaze you. Or is only oyinbo that can play top flight football at 17? Maybe you should visit schools in your neighbourhood to see well-built teenagers instead of just assuming.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria to conduct MRI scan for male U-17 footballers[/size]

Tunde Eludin

The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is used to scan players’ wrist plates to accurately ascertain their true age.

The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, declared on Wednesday that it has put machinery in place for all prospective players in the Golden Eaglets to undergo the mandatory Magnetic Resonance Test (MRI) at the Abuja National Hospital.

The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is used to scan players’ wrist plates to accurately ascertain their true age.

Football officials explained that the latest move was to ensure that only players within the age bracket as stipulated by FIFA would don the country’s colour at the World Cup in the United Arab Emirate in October.

Three Golden Eaglets players and six from two other countries, Ivory Coast and Congo were sent packing from the Africa U17 Championships held earlier in the year in Morocco.

Also, the NFF has enjoined the coaching crew of the National Under-17 team to renew stiff but healthy competition in the team even as new recruits were told that there is “no automatic shirt in Golden Eaglets.”

A board member of the NFF and Technical Committee Chairman, Chris Green; and Emmanuel Ikpeme, the Director Technical of the federation addressed the players at a parley with the team inside the lecture room of the Goal Project just before dinner on Tuesday.

A squad of 30 players pooled from the silver-winning squad at the last African Under-17 Championship in Morocco and budding ones picked after two-weeks of screening at the NFF/ FIFA Goal Project Centre in Abuja would be heading to Calabar to continue build-up ahead of the 2013 World Cup in the UAE.

Mr. Green said both the new and old players would be starting from ‘ground zero’ since the NFF is desirous to see the Golden Eaglets mount the podium as world champions since their last accolade in 2007.

“I hope you know we are the best country in the world at the Under-17 level,” Mr. Green said.

“But it has been a long time that we won the trophy and that is why we are encouraging the coaches to assemble only the best players that can do us proud in the UAE.

“You must have seen that the standard of this team is very high because there is no automatic shirt for any player in the Golden Eaglets or in any of the national teams for that matter and you must have something extra to break into the team,” he added.

Similarly Mr. Ikpeme, a trained sports psychologist, advised the players to be focused in order not to jeopardise their future; insisting that the NFF would not condone any undisciplined conduct in the team.

http://premiumtimesng.com/sports/141163-nigeria-to-conduct-mri-scan-for-male-u-17-footballers.html
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by imperiouxx(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
illitrate: tell me this mosquito of brazil is 17 angry angry

biggest cheat in this world cup is brazil.

Let's forget about people trying hard to distract others.

Nothing like cheat once every player is proven to be at right age and qualified for the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by baba11(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
waterhouse071: no b d same scan wey no see drug 4 baba suwe belly
Shey sumtin dey deir ni?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2013

You think all 17 year old boys are as lazy as you are? Hmmmm SMH

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nolio(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dem cary dwarf, baby-faced boys dey deceive una. If i shave u see me dey play ball,u go tink say i be U-15. Ask urselves, na so u take sabi play bal wen u b 17s? Abi u fit shoot leather 4rm 30yrds wen were 17yrs
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nolio(m): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Izrhiell: You think all 17 year old boys are as lazy as you are? Hmmmm SMH
if u no sabi anytin, go street wach 17yr old boys dey play make u aces am wit wetin u dey see dose(24yr old) fadas of 5 dey play on tv
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Okeikpu(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
100ksales.com:
lipsrsealed All our boiz don old jor.. Call a spade a spade.
I you see 17 yr old boy for road most dey small. grin grin
o boy no come spoil our business ooo grin plzzzz i take God beg u... D world is watching dis comments...
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by striker9(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2013

A 17yrs old naija girl can kick and shoot leather ball,talkless of a 17yrs old boy.Have you been to any football academy in naija?have been to academy where 10yrs old boys and girls play with leather ball.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by akereconfi: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
imperiouxx: Iran is out and in pain.

Losers always find excuses.

"my boyz passed the MRI test twice. So, Iran shut up" - Manu Garba

♫♪♫ ♫♪♫

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
bigtt76: The only Under 17 player on that pitch yesterday was the Iranian Goalkeeper, aside this guy the rest (both sides) were overage grin During my secondary school days, my senior (classmate of my elder brother) looked too young for his age and ended up being called to the Under 17 camp many years after he graduated from secondary school. Married now but still looking 20ish. Ona forget that thing Naija Under 17 still primary school.
S so you're sayin ALL the boys only happen to look under 17, abi?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
nolio: if u no sabi anytin, go street wach 17yr old boys dey play make u aces am wit wetin u dey see dose(24yr old) fadas of 5 dey play on tv
It seems you've never been to a football academy b4 abi?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Guys wey chop Federal Govt food for 3 years, why dem no go big.smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / The Best And Worst Of Nigerian Footballers Abroad / Super Falcons Celebrate Anam Imo's 18th Birthday In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.