Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim (26041 Views)

Mexico Coach Makes Age-cheating Claim Against Eaglets / Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by pryzlez: 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ever wondered why most Golden Eaglets players never make it to the Super Eagles MRI scan ko, NFA scan ni. That's the only competition wey we sabi win

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by drealdoc89(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
deor03: If only he met the Tella boys
if only he had met dem.
talkin abt chrisantus nd okoro of 2009(our little messi)
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nolio(m): 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
We b 3time champions of dis comptetn but non of d boys eva play 4 madrid,barca,man u,arsenal,chelsea,inter,AC not even celta vigo and u tink say na ordinary. If dese boys are dere tru age, y dont we maintain dem like dis up to super eagles? Luk @ argentina team 2dy,its made up of dat U-17 team from holland 2005 wit d likes of messi,zabaleta, and mascherano in it. Sharawy and neymar are from U-17 2009 for italy and brazil. But pls tel me if u wuld see any of dese boys in super eagles in d nxt 4yr cum 2017. Does it mean dey retire imedi8ly afta U-17?
I rest ma case
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by ayusco: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
I can't believe after looking at the faces of Yahaya, obasi, ezeh, awoniyi, alampasu, etc someone will still claim these boys are over age. The Iranians were even bullying our boys physically sef. Nigeria has cheated in the past but I can confidently say this set of u17s are the closest to the age that we have ever presented

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
I'm going to address this strange argument about longevity.

You cannot say that the reason a player does not become a great success after his under 17 career is simply because he is too old. There are so many other factors involved.

1) Do we have a structure in place to help these players graduate to the senior level?

2) What kind of contracts do they sign after their youth career (Chris Ohenhen, Ahmed Garba, etc)?

3) What is the state of our domestic league (remember, many youth players return to their domestic league after competitions) and so many more reasons.

The final of China 85 was between Nigeria and Germany. How many of those players became successes after the competition? Jonathan Akpoborie and Marcel Witheczeck. Does that mean that they were the only under 16 players in both teams? Fact is, many players that are under 17 during the tournament will not go on to perform wonders in their senior career, while players who are above 17 could go on to have glittering careers. What did Florent Sinama Pongolle and Anthony LeTallec achieve with the French National Team?

The fact that some cheat does not mean that all of them are cheating, so my question is, do you have any proof that they are cheating? (I don't mean guesses or conjecture, I mean solid proof).

naptu2:

Yeah. I actually tried to list all those that played for the Golden Eaglets and went on to have long and distinguished careers with the Super Eagles or in Europe.

Nduka Ugbade played for the Golden Eaglets (China 85), Flying Eagles and Super Eagles (he would have been the first person to play in all levels of FIFA World Cup, ie u17, u21 and senior world cup, if Westerhof had picked him for USA 94). He also won gold at Tunisia 94.

Celestine Babayaro played at u17 (Japan 93), captained the u23 to Sydney 2000, won gold in Atlanta 96 and played at the 1998 world cup. He also won many titles with Chelsea FC.

Jonathan Akpoborie played at u17 (China 85) and u21 levels and also played for the Super Eagles. He won many titles with Stuttgart FC and was one of the highest goal scorers in Europe in 1997 (joint top scorer in the European Cup Winners Cup).

Nwankwo Kanu played at Japan 93, captained the Dream Team to Olympic gold in 96, played at the 98 and 2002 world cups and won many titles with Ajax, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Mikel Obi played u17 in 2003, u21 in 2005, won the nations cup in 2013 and has won many titles with Chelsea.

These players have won many titles and played for Nigeria for around 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Lamasta(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by hardbody: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
ighoosagie: make coach Ali Doustimehr apologize for his comment.

If its sen ted Cruz , u guys would say it's insult to our integrity , just within 10days Nigeria has been labeled for cheating and fraud frm different continent.

This types of comments would be heard continuously inside n outside the country, until we learn to do things right without cheat and fraud.

We all know dat a real 17yrs old in nija can't kick real leather football , more less of shooting the ball from outside d 18yard to get a spectacular goal.

Niger make una dey fear God

Yo deserve no answer. You must have been brought up in the back slums where your mates never ate good food or had milk to drink. My 14 years old cousin is almost 6 ft and chest size is something else and the same goes for all his school/mates and you are here spitting rubbish. You have been so brainwashed in your small world that everything comes out to you in one colour - cheating.

What makes you think those other contenders are 17 and below, just because they are not Nigerians i guess.
You are a piece of scum. (if there is a thing like that)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nyonye: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
100ksales.com:
lipsrsealed All our boiz don old jor.. Call a spade a spade.
I you see 17 yr old boy for road most dey small. grin grin

So d iranians look like 17's abi?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Christmasdon(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
You see the brazilian and argentines are the ones i fear in this tournament. And moreso the swedes and uruguayans fear them all. I keep saying it the uruguayans may beat the eaqlets Come saturday evening.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Emytexboy(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
Iran! Iran!! Iran!!! how many times did i call you be careful. medecine after death. lolll

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by balladin: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2013

If its sen ted Cruz , u guys would say it's insult to our integrity , just within 10days Nigeria has been labeled for cheating and fraud frm different continent.

This types of comments would be heard continuously inside n outside the country, until we learn to do things right without cheat and fraud.

We all know dat a real 17yrs old in nija can't kick real leather football , more less of shooting the ball from outside d 18yard to get a spectacular goal.

Please get serious. Perhaps you need to see the game again to know which side presented a younger squad. Some of you guys should stop forming incorruptible. We all know this is the youngest U-17 side Nigeria has ever assembled.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Solomambo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
A LOSER Will Always Have an Excuse.. Education n Understanding of the word "medical test" is His Problem
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by 1miccza: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2013

Let me educate u a bit,right now I train 15 year olds and they kick the ball beautifully,those Nigerian boys I saw are really young,some of them are not as as old as my secondary school students....
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Tonylyte(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
We have won our matches with over-aged players. The iranian coach can walk to the moon. Wetin concern okada man with seat-belt? Wetin concern iran wit football?
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by balladin: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
nolio: We b 3time champions of dis comptetn but non of d boys eva play 4 madrid,barca,man u,arsenal,chelsea,inter,AC not even celta vigo and u tink say na ordinary. If dese boys are dere tru age, y dont we maintain dem like dis up to super eagles? Luk @ argentina team 2dy,its made up of dat U-17 team from holland 2005 wit d likes of messi,zabaleta, and mascherano in it. Sharawy and neymar are from U-17 2009 for italy and brazil. But pls tel me if u wuld see any of dese boys in super eagles in d nxt 4yr cum 2017. Does it mean dey retire imedi8ly afta U-17?
I rest ma case
I think you need to think more broadly. The fact that a player fails to make it to the senior team after playing at the U-17 level does not mean he was over aged when he played at the U-17 level. Or do you really think it does? Senior team handlers usually have a large pool of players to chose from and some former U-17 players may measure up to competition as new players are discovered on daily basis. So don't give me that shallow argument that players fail to make it to the senior team simply because they were over aged at the U-17 level.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by sCun: 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
pryzlez: Ever wondered why most Golden Eaglets players never make it to the Super Eagles MRI scan ko, NFA scan ni. That's the only competition wey we sabi win
Onazi, Ambrose, Omeruo all former Golden eaglets players
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by 1miccza: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2013

Look I coach secondary school students of 15 or 16 years and they kick the ball perfectly . Truth be told some of these eaglets are not even as old as the boys I train,let's stop these criticisms and appreciate good football!!
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by CharliParker: 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Other countries team looks more older than Nigerian teams
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by francisbiz: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
nolio: We b 3time champions of dis comptetn but non of d boys eva play 4 madrid,barca,man u,arsenal,chelsea,inter,AC not even celta vigo and u tink say na ordinary. If dese boys are dere tru age, y dont we maintain dem like dis up to super eagles? Luk @ argentina team 2dy,its made up of dat U-17 team from holland 2005 wit d likes of messi,zabaleta, and mascherano in it. Sharawy and neymar are from U-17 2009 for italy and brazil. But pls tel me if u wuld see any of dese boys in super eagles in d nxt 4yr cum 2017. Does it mean dey retire imedi8ly afta U-17?
I rest ma case
You are right on point brother!
Our image has been seriously battered for long, we really need to to start cleaning up, and sports are easy ways to start.
If we stop age cheating we shall be the major beneficiary, so lets forget about speaking in favour or against, because we dont have enough evidence at hand irrespective of the present MRI scan and our past cheating record.
LETS DO OUR OWN TESTS

1. In your homes, streets or environs get few boys that you really know when they were born -between 15 and 18 years old, that play football. Take them out to the field and ask them to kick real standard football from outside the 18yard box, tell them to kick very hard, repeatedly, one after the other: then make your observations and report back.

2. Lets do little math with 6334 education system. Generally, at 6years old you get into primary school, some elite and intelligent kids could make it at between 4 and 5years - and they are very few. So at 10\11\12years you get into the secondary school. Then, at 16\17\18years you are out of secondary school. By that, our Eaglets should be in secondary schools, or must have graduated from secondary schools not more than two years ago.
And if they are in secondary schools, is it in their profiles? What is the name of their schools, are their Principals aware?

3. Or are they already in football clubs?

4. INEC help us, have they ever voted?

5. Do they have AGE DECLARATION\ AFFIDAVIT or Birth certificates. What age is in their baptismal cards at infant baptism for Christians only.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
My advice to those who are talking about what a kid can or cannot do with the ball, is that they should take a trip to the Pepsi Academy or go watch the Channels Tv Primary School Championships and see what 7, 8, 9 year old kids are doing with leather balls.

http://www.pepsifootballacademy.com/training-centres
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naijanoni(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2013

This fool is talking rubbish.I dont know about u,maybe u were mal-nourished.But when i was 16,i was taller than most of d U17 boys,I already had small mustache and beards.
I havent seen any player in dis U17 dat has beards or even a mustache.
Many 17yr olds in nigeria look older than dese boys.And to say 17yr olds cant shoot 4rm outside is very foolish of u.
Secondary school students even JSS2,JSS3 that are 12/13yrs play school competitions in standard stadiums for 90 minutes and shoot 4rm far distant.Is it now 17yr olds dat wouldnt be able 2 do dat.When i was in secondary school players in JSS2 and JSS3 dat are 12-14yrs were going to represent my skul in inter-school football competitions in d national stadium,playing 4 90minutes.Not to talk of 17yr olds.

The average age of nigerians writing WAEC is 17yrs.And many of these players were said to be in SS3 preparing 4 WAEC.
I heard Chigozie Obasi is even an SS1 student.
So boy no dey talk rubbish.
If nigeria is over-aged what would u call d brazillians,d swedes,the uruguayans ??.
Im sure u havent even bin watching d tournament,u just dey run ur mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by nolio(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
francisbiz:
You are right on point brother!
Our image has been seriously battered for long, we really need to to start cleaning up, and sports are easy ways to start.
If we stop age cheating we shall be the major beneficiary, so lets forget about speaking in favour or against, because we dont have enough evidence at hand irrespective of the present MRI scan and our past cheating record.
LETS DO OUR OWN TESTS

1. In your homes, streets or environs get few boys that you really know when they were born -between 15 and 18 years old, that play football. Take them out to the field and ask them to kick real standard football from outside the 18yard box, tell them to kick very hard, repeatedly, one after the other: then make your observations and report back.

2. Lets do little math with 6334 education system. Generally, at 6years old you get into primary school, some elite and intelligent kids could make it at between 4 and 5years - and they are very few. So at 10\11\12years you get into the secondary school. Then, at 16\17\18years you are out of secondary school. By that, our Eaglets should be in secondary schools, or must have graduated from secondary schools not more than two years ago.
And if they are in secondary schools, is it in their profiles? What is the name of their schools, are their Principals aware?

3. Or are they already in football clubs?

4. INEC help us, have they ever voted?

5. Do they have AGE DECLARATION\ AFFIDAVIT or Birth certificates. What age is in their baptismal cards at infant baptism for Christians only.

thank u broda, lemme quote ur numba 5. A whiteman was askd on galaxy tv sports if d isue of age cheatn in nigeria& oda african countris can b stopd. He said no cos our cuntry &oda 3rd world cuntrys has no records and doesnt kip any record of a child wen given birth,unlike oyibo wey b say from D.O.B, ur thumbprint don dey system(y u tink say dem dey cach thief afta wks/monts). A boy born yestday can cum 2mao and claim any age,a birth cert wuld b forged 4hm.who 1 knw/care. Like say no be naija we dey.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by pet7: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
this is d yougest side we hav presented so far in d u 17

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by dewize01(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Na so. Cryinjg over spilled milk
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by COOLDUN: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2013

You are a BIG FOOOOL. How many countries can their U-17 be perfect with football control and spectacular performances and speed we are seeing in the tournament? No U-17 can grow the thick beards we are seeing in the countries you are calling saints in this tournament.

What i see in you and those ZOMBIES that clicked Like to your comment is that you are ignorant of the FIFA Age grade football tournaments. You all are enemies of progress.

FIFA, age grade tournaments is made to make football more famous and business, again to groom players from their youthful ages. No proper technology to dictate the accurate ages of the players, so you cannot tell us that all the players from other countries are the real age.

To be honest with you, this present Nigeria U-17 team is among the youngest squad in this tournament, take it or leave it. Stop exposing your jealousy online ok.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by misterjosh(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2013

Dats not true atall, although some of d boys in this present U17 team might b over age, for u to say our genuine 17 year olds can't do wat they're doin is far frm d truth. I've experienced this life. In my secondary skl then, we had this set of boys in our primary skl's hostel dat were madly in luv wit football nd were wonderfully gifted too. When they got into secondary skl, they were terror on d pitch even while playing against senior students, nd they were still in jss then.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by modextus(m): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
His exact words
m:
I have been in this job for over 30 years and I have been coaching the National team for 20 years. The way the Eaglets played today (yesterday) and in their matches showed that they can't be teenagers but if they are truly within the age bracket, it shows that Nigeria will have a very strong national team in the future.

"I didn't say that they are overage but if they truly Under 17 I wish them luck. My players are young and inexperienced and it counted against Nigeria,"
we shouldn't be too hard on him
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by buskie13(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2013

Abeg,you just blow lie here now so,you say weda 17 year old boy fit kick better leather ball?
I sure say your legs never touch ball at all.laughing in msanzi
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by manuch(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
CURRENT U 17 SQUAD

1 Dele ALAMPASU 24/12/1996 GK Football College Academy (NGA)
2 Musa MUHAMMED 31/10/1996 DF FC Heart Academy (NGA)
3 Samuel OKON 15/12/1996 DF Greater Tomorrow Academy (NGA)
4 Akinjide IDOWU 09/09/1996 MF Nath Boys Academy (NGA)
5 Denis NYA 01/12/1996 DF Canaan Football Academy (NGA)
6 Aliyu ABUBAKAR 15/06/1996 DF Mutunchi Academy (NGA)
7 Habib MAKANJUOLA 19/04/1999 MF Chelsea FC (ENG)
8 Abdullahi ALFA 29/07/1996 MF Football College Academy (NGA)
9 Success ISAAC 07/01/1996 FW BJ Foundation Academy (NGA)
10 Kelechi IHEANACHO 03/10/1996 FW Taye Academy (NGA)
11 Musa YAHAYA 16/12/1997 MF Mutunchi Academy (NGA)
12 Chigozi OBASI 15/06/1998 MF Fosla Academy (NGA)
13 Saviour GODWIN 22/08/1996 MF El-Kadme Academy (NGA)
14 Chidiebere NWAKALI 26/12/1996 DF Shuttle Spots Academy (NGA)
15 Raymond JAPHET 28/05/1997 DF NFF U-15 (NGA)
16 Abdulazeez ABUBAKAR 20/07/1999 GK Nath Boys Academy (NGA)
17 Chidera EZEH 02/10/1997 FW River Lane Academy (NGA)
18 Taiwo AWONIYI 12/08/1997 FW Imperial Academy (NGA)
19 Zaharaddeen BELLO 21/12/1997 DF Dabo Babes Academy (NGA)
20 Baba SALIHU 10/08/1997 MF Rangers Academy Bida (NGA)
21 Francis UZOHO 28/10/1998 GK Aspire Academy (QAT)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by naptu2: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
modextus: His exact words we shouldn't be too hard on him

It might be the journalists again. They sometimes blow these things out of proportion in order to sell papers/get views.
Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
@manuch,

That's a bull.

U mean most of dis lads neva watched Atlanta 1996 and France 1998 respectively? Dey can even analyze the genesis to revelation of those tournaments.

Go see all dis university first yr student in their early 20s, they all hv much younger faces than this guys.

To those u used vulgar words in quoting me, u guys should go learn Hw to respect personal opinions nd stop dis amateur recognitions

Niger Mk una dey fear God.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U17 Coach Replies Iran Age-cheating Claim by 9japatroit(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
I rest ma case
pls get ur facts right before typing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / The Best And Worst Of Nigerian Footballers Abroad / Super Falcons Celebrate Anam Imo's 18th Birthday In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.